In 5 sentences or less, explain to me why all religions shouldn't be thrown in the trash for the good of the world

In 5 sentences or less, explain to me why all religions shouldn't be thrown in the trash for the good of the world.

Intelligent people can take the good out of religious texts and ignore the harmful or hate-inducing edicts, but less intelligent people (i.e., Muslims) cannot separate the vices from the virtues. War, rape, social constraints... Is this terrible tradition worth keeping for the slim benefits?

They are All based on fiction.

>social constraints
This is why we need religion. Half of all people are of below-average intelligence. It's not realistic to expect them to think through the consequences of their actions in detail. Saying "because God said so" is far easier effective than trying to explain Kant's categorical imperiative, evolutionary biology, or the behavior of neurons to them.

Just remember that God = nature, and stop fretting over your fellow man's reluctance to tip his fedora.

Religion provides a framework to push society into acting in ways that are not logically required. Such as not murdering others.

Logic does not give you a reason that you should not rape people you want to rape and murder people you want to murder. All concepts against those actions are moral, and morals were created via religion.

Dumb people need religion.
Smart people should replace bad religions with a good spiritual system which can be applied to any religion which should naturally remove the bad while keeping the good.

Because thoughtcrime is for beta males and trannies. Which one are you?

This

It also makes society stronger as a group.

why NOT rape and "murder" (we can debate whether randomly killing someone today is unlawful or not) people? who is to say that's not the solution to all our problems?

because an omnipresent being is watching you so be on your best behavior.

>Such as not murdering your tribe but murder other tribes with impunity
Fixed

If even non believers like you and I maintained a healthy ritual and study of the Catholic faith:
1) europe would have exactly zero afrocolonizers
2) money would not run the world unchallenged
3) even those who are not privileged would find a sense to their life.

The redpill is that "we" thought we were freeing humanity by killing god, but we were actually delivering her to a crueler ruler.

The religion contains some regulations that are hard to explain to your average 100 IQ person without using the irrational arguments.
For example I as a right wing non-believer despise faggotry because it spreads diseases and slightly lowers birth rates in society.
The average person will dismiss my arguments because "happiness" and "love" are more important to him than the damage that the homosexual behaviour does.
However if you put the authority of ritual and religious tradition behind the disdain for faggotry people will embrace it.
So we need the irrational factor of religion to convince the masses to meet some social standards they wouldn't meet otherwise.
Also, religion makes people happy at a low cost which is good for stability.

>the religion would be then replaced by other nonsense: animism, sects, woodoo abracadabra etc. Religions tend to evolve and progress only because peeople actually want tgem to do so.

> worth keeping
Not really but
>

>for the good of the world

the eternal goal of the globalists and their useful idiots

what's good for the scorpion isn't so good for the frog.

This is why different races, cultures, religions and nations exist in the first place and your notion of good is guided by the framework of the european altruistic condition that will not be returned to you by an 80IQ shitskin no matter how secular he is.

Don't care about any other religion except Christianity. But if you want to go atheist/secular here are five reasons not too:

-Russia under godless Communism - 40 mil dead
-China under godless Communism - 40-60 mil dead
-Germany under godless Nazis (yes they were godless) - 20 mil dead
-America since taking God out of schools - 50 mil babies slaughtered through abortion
-Secular Europe overrun by fags, Muslims, and shitskins.

Every time you take God out of the public square, countries go to shit. Stop ignoring/mocking him and our country will thrive again.

>Stop ignoring mocking him and our country will thrive again
147136005 here Not really

>1) europe would have exactly zero afrocolonizers

Religions become fractured and infight more and more over time. Christianity, Buddhism and ancestor worship are done. Islam, Hinduism and Judaism are on their way. Flushing everything would just make people prone to irrational beliefs start again and religions are strongest when they are young

Honestly the cuckery of modern christianity came after the God was killed. Now the Church tries to act liberal in desperate attempt to stop bleeding followers. Which is not going to work but that's another story.
I don't think the decline of the Church would happen if it weren't for the enlightenment and human rights bullshit.

By percentage these countries lost less then say Germany in thirty years war. And much less when Muslims will clear EU from kaffirs.

These bring problems with Church. People relay on Church like it compass non-affected by human temptations and lies but is clearly not immune to them. Also listen to this:
>how we should rule good goys via religion lies

This most of the commandments given by god were intended as the basis for a law sistem in a human society.It doesnt literally mean let your enemies kill you,but get along with your own people and about the rest...we will see.
Also if religion dissapears or becomes shit(as in people dont do what it tells them to do eg modern christianity)then some other religion will rise to take its place.
In our case its Islam,if you think that old christianity that advocated for the extermination of all the other beliefs and called crusades on mudshits would tokerate this enrichment....kek.
The problem is that atheism grew and they all said hey goy christianity needs to be more tolerant and more "modern".
Look what that got us,pagan larpers,shitskins in the streets and faggots parading around.We need the old values of the church back,when they told crusaders that if you kill non-christians all your sins will be forgiven and you go to heaven.
Tldr We should've burned atheists on the pyres.

>religion
>slim benefit
You've got some delusions, boy.

no I'm saying what if our best behavior is to rape and kill our enemies?

Old christianity advocated for the murder of jews,also most of the non-corrupt priests i know are fascists and anti-semites.If that makes them good goys then i want what you are smoking....

Read Carl Jung and Jordan Peterson. Religion isn't what you think it is.

If religion is just a convenient thought system, why not make a "better religion" that consists of good beliefs and takes out all the miracles and stories of war and other rubbish, all the figureheads of Jesus, Muhammed, Shiva and the like.

Unfortunately people would resist giving up god unless the government enforced it, and that wouldn't be preferred in my eyes either.

>People relay on Church like it compass non-affected by human temptations and lies but is clearly not immune to them
True, however the Church did a good job at maintaining certain standards for a couple of centuries. After the authority of Church has been destroyed we were riding the ideological roller coaster changing our standards every couple of decades and crazy ideologues such as Marx started spawning everywhere.
So while the Church is not immune to degeneration it's still fairly more resistant than secular organisations and ideologies.
It doesn't matter anymore though since I don't think christianity can be salvaged at this point.

Ironic that you used a highly religious/metaphysical picture for this thread you fucking spergbot

have you objectively ever once in your life actually tried to practice and study a religion? pol seems to like Buddhism and I'm a Buddhist, its meditation and philosophy are very good for self improvement in general along with the "religiousy" side of it which talks about nirvana and pure lands

less intelligent people would be worse without religion. religion isn't any more responsible for any social evil. it's just related to it because it's related to everything. it's also related to almost any social good.

also, you will never, ever, ever, ever fucking get rid of it. not gonna happen. ever. period. so long as death exists, religion will exist.

religions reflect the qualities of the followers, not vice versa. and i bet you can'tr define the word 'religion'.

>ancap
>somehow thinks that inter-tribal warfare started with the crusades

God you are such a retarded blue pilled stereotype of a faggot it hurts

because we're not cool enough yet to engineer better religions.

>or are we

what religion needs is more market competition, and more nazis.

Tibetan Buddhism

This

This. Dumb people with weak will do terrible things. Sure you can make things illegal and threaten them with jail/death but there no way to do it completely without ruining individual liberty.

Lets use divorce for example. Sure its not "illegal". However it can ruin one party financially all over a rough patch rather then having the tenacity to pull through. Its also downright cruel to kids, and the rampant divorces and remarriages that boomers did when they abandoned religion has damage the family unit for generations to come.

Long story short selfish people need the threat of a space dads lightning to keep them from being shit people.

I don't care if Christianity is Jewish or original in origin, it still teaches some stuff that is irrelevant to society. And using the fact that Christianity is declining is not an argument for anything at all. And all religions are submissive, and that is what keeps society in step. And people need to occasionally be submissive, to the law, to their fellow man, their family, etc., in different situations, that's just how society works.

Probably my favorite reply so far. I'm not a globalist puppet, or at least don't intend to be one. But I don't see being god-fearing as a necessary prerequisite mandatory for a successful, homogeneous nationalistic state. I think a moral code could supersede god to lead people without having the lower intelligence people focusing on things like sodomy, slavery or shellfish in the bible.

I would support creating new religion or ideology. However the point here is that if you throw metaphysical fairy tales away the ideology becomes less powerful and people start asking too many questions. Authority of God coupled with the authority of priests, the tradition and the feelings of interacting with the supernatural just outclass whatever secular ideologies can bring which is the very reason why religions became so popular everywhere in the world.
The closest we ever got to this was fascism and communism.

Isn't what Muhammad did?
>kill non believers
>72 virgins

same senpai

FUCKS SAKE I have less retarded people on my social media from old Sup Forums than on actual Sup Forums

If you want a society of cancerous nihilists who have no basis for morality, are out of touch with the higher aspects of life, and think that life and death is meaningless because we're all meat popsicles anyway I will personally join al-qaeda to cut your fucking head off

I think it didn't end with religions.

Religion can't in2science

All morality ultimately derives from religious belief. Secular morality is not possible without simply accepting religious conclusions as axioms and ignoring their arguments.

>Secular morality is not possible
Read about game theory of morals and evolution.

Post from americans:
1.kekistani
2.religion hate
3.we're better than other people

You guys are not informed about anything, you have never read a book in your life, and yet you want to spit on something that it's thousand of years older than you in name of a trendy atheism which got popular in the last two centuries.
Please. We know your schools are fucking shit, but try learn something on things you feel entitled to have opinions on.

thisfaggot is gonna decide what we should all believe in because he knows better than everyone else who've come before him for the last 3k years or more

t. edgy teenager

>Is this terrible tradition worth keeping for the slim benefits?
magical thinking is pervasive in humanity, if you just take away an irrational belief, people will just find new ones like communism and women's rights

Don't forget it's still the oldest fiction known to man, made for a reason and lasted all this time for a reason, and maybe worth saving because of that. I mean nobody would keep you from watching star wars because it's fiction right?

Game theory is not morality.

We Americans have grown up just seeing the psycho protestants faking like they found something and it turns us off.

For some insane implacable reason 99% of Americans have the word "religion" hardwired to mean "crazy protestant evangelicals" and they're not able to think any different even if you confront them directly about this. They never have picked up another religious text like the gita or dhammapada or even a book which extrapolates Christianity in a better way than evangelicals do.

The Abbasids basically brought together and formed modern science you fuckwit

So if religion is just a flog to mentally curtail people's activities and thought patterns, why not update it? Christianity is great because it's convenient and everybody is already in to it?

I can't help but thinking there is going to be a human evolution away from religion in thousands of years.

I was dragged to church for years as a kid until I was about 12 or 13, and I can't say it didn't instill positive values in me, but I can't say it didn't repress other thoughts and actions in me.

I'd rather let people believe what they want and judge them by their individual actions.
The world you'd enact by banning all religions is far more vicious and cruel than any I'd care to be a part of. I'd fight against it till death.

Every time I argue with an atheist they think that biblical literalism is the universal dogma of all christians when it is an absolute fringe belief.

Every time I talk to an atheist they think christians think they are "good people" because of their beliefs.

Every time I argue with an atheist they know absolutely jack shit about christianity. They just build strawmen based on their weird outside perspective and because the thing they constructed is fucking stupid they think christianity is stupid.

Atheists actually believe that God is supposed to be a literal man in the sky.

I read a couple books a month, thank you very much eurocuck.

I don't believe I personally have all the answers and never said I did, I merely questioned your fragile, fractured thought process, you dusty-brained retards. You seem to want to cling to ancient books when you know they have obvious fallacies and immoral teachings in them. If your "good book" didn't have so many fallacious words in it, maybe you'd feel more secure in defending it.

I know you're afraid of change, but change is necessary. The Christians came and conquered, and the Christians shall come and be conquered. Same with the Muslims, Jews, Mithraists, Greek Pantheon and so on.

Religion will never click for you.

But some sheboon might not beat her kids if she think a gods watching

I'm still not a consistent practitioner but I now understand the value of some of the psalms and sayings and I recognize that the further society moves from religion the less happy everyone becomes.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about atheism, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class at MIT, and I've been involved in numerous scientific breakthroughs, and I have over 300 confirmed publications. I am trained in physics and I'm the top astronomer in the entire US scientific community. You are nothing to me but just another liberal arts major. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of professors across the USA and your GPA is being reduced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can debate you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my mind. Not only am I extensively trained in particle physics, but I have access to the entire arsenal of JSTOR and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

yeah because we are all so miserable in the northern europe...

i can see how atheists in your country are not happy, they get shit on constantly by stupid people and your country sure has a lot of stupid people.

Yeah, World of Warcraft novels do not count as religious readings in Eurocuckistan.
Start by reading what user down here is saying, who knows, you may start getting alphabetized.

I wouldn't discourage someone from watching Star Wars. But I might disagree with them going to the Star Wars club every week for the rest of their life.

Gravitation is not morality either but it will kill you (even before Newton) if you jump from high rock and your genes would not be transferred. Same with game theory, even if you don't know about it.

that's a common form of stupidity. exemplified in:

>You seem to want to cling to ancient books when you know they have obvious fallacies and immoral teachings in them

this person has no fucking idea what religious people might be getting out of their scriptures.

> If your "good book" didn't have so many fallacious words in it, maybe you'd feel more secure in defending it.

so called fallacies are just a hifalutin way of saying 'i disagree', but also pretend that you've read philosophy and rhetoric, and also pretend that reading philosophy and rhetoric is better than not-reading philosophy and rhetoric.

and of course since this person has never taken any scriptures seriously in the way that devout religious people do he has no idea whether any of it actually contains 'fallacies' anyways, since he has no context through which to interpret it.

>I know you're afraid of change, but change is necessary.

this person needs the world to change so that he doesn't have to, since he can't bear uncertainty he has to be certain at any cost, and if he can't be certain then he has to have the world changed for him.

>why not make a "better religion" that consists of good beliefs and takes out all the miracles and stories of war and other rubbish, all the figureheads of Jesus, Muhammed, Shiva and the like.
>why not make a "better' religion that takes out all the things that make a religion good

Stop thinking you're smarter than the market. Some of these religions evolved over THOUSANDS of years, and you think you're going to magically engineer something better that's the opposite of what's proven to work?

Grow up.

>Atheists actually believe that God is supposed to be a literal man in the sky.

If I am absolutely certain I will not be caught, why shouldn't I rape a woman?

Answer this question without religion.

World of Warcraft hahaha I laughed so hard I almost opened my mouth to yawn. Where has reading philosophers and religious figures gotten Eurofags? Ohhhhhh you're so much more sophisticated than us burgers with your kebabs and brown dicks swishing around in your mouth.

accidental clipboard quote.

Lol right

>and you think you're going to magically engineer something better that's the opposite of what's proven to work?

who said anything about magic?

>and you think you're going to engineer something better

yes

>and you think you're going to engineer something better that's the opposite of what's proven to work?

no

>and you think you're going to engineer something better that's proven to work?

yes

no need to give up god. just offer a different perspective.

>in 5 sentances or less
>implying that thousands upon thousands of years of religeous texts and practices can be boiled down to 5 sentances

You are either a bad troll or a drooling retard

Sage

People for thousands years could not invent gun or discover how fire works despite all evolution of their knowledge. Only last couple hundred years we start to understand how things really work. Armed with science i think some charlatans can do much better so guy has a point.

People aren't intelligent. That you cannot see that is proof of what I say.

people are obviously intelligent.

because it been an integral part of humanity since humanity inception

key words: "devout religious people"
Not every follower is devout, and explain devoutness to me. Are Christian serial killers not "real" followers of the religion? Are Muslim jihadists not devout? Is devoutness equal to virtuosity? The bottom line is that religion cannot stop bad people and the smart people are good enough without it.

You think religion needs to stop evolving? Christianity stole from other religions and swathed a path with military might to secure its hold. Same with Islam. These religions evolved from other religions and thought processes the same way humans derived from monkeys and fish. So if you want to talk about evolution, why not think about how religion could be bettered rather than kept traditional?

>why shouldn't I rape a woman?
Why i shouldn't kill you after? So see your genes that make your think about "absolutely certain" are dead. And now there is no people with such line of thought.

ever hear of the law? thats from the original law the law of god

turns out 1 shelters the rich ill elt u guess whitch

The church has been actively protecting jews since at least the time of Augustine, who said we should keep them alive so as to better understand the OT.

All the pogroms and expulsions were ground-up affairs, usually condemned outright by the church.

Sorry to say it but the Church prevented us from solving the JQ once and for all.

You cannot get rid of religion - it is a property of human mind, something that makes us different from the animals. Take away the established religion and people will simply switch into believing some other dogma. For example, commie banned Christianity in Russia, only to establish Lenin and the commie party as the new deities, complete with their own religious ceremonies, shrines and holidays. In the West, "atheist" people also started believing into all kinds of bullshit like "holocaust", "global warming" or "diversity". So, banning established religions is useless, you're just restarting the process from scratch without any fucking benefit.

Whites would be better off Pagan or Muslim. In any case, religion works for some people; it stops them from doing bad things.

>The bottom line is that religion cannot stop bad people and the smart people are good enough without it.

and a seat belt can't always save your life but in many common kinds of collisions it's the difference between living and your brains on the pavement.

what you're barely beginning to be aware of with this post is that whenever thinks something besides what's going on inside of people is the point, they're missing the point.

>If I am absolutely certain I will not be caught

This is what I am saying. Secular "morality" can only ever be practicality. It can never say that if something objectively benefits you you should not do it. There is no secular argument for something like that.

Also something something Charlemagne, Church and lending decrees which enabled financial power of Jews.

Wait, don't tell me, God isn't "literal", he's a "metaphor"

Idk I'm with you. Unless there were one religion that controls the banks, media, and basically every stream of commerce and constitutes the majority of scientists in, say, the USA, for example...

Because if those people existed they'd definitely have something going on for them.

Things is you could be dead even if you was "absolutely certain". "I can do this" - very very famous last words. So you thought that you was escaping morality but you didn't

metaphor for?

>what are thought experiments

You're a literal moron. Accept the fucking premise.

LOL AT ALL THE SERVANTS OF THE DEMIURGE IN THIS THREAD.

Oh for fuck's sake, they didn't invent guns by doing the opposite of what the people who came before did, they created guns by assimilating the knowledge of what WORKED and building upon it to create something that worked BETTER. Some dilettante fag didn't come along and look at the state of warfare and say "I'm going to design a better weapon that takes out all the metallurgy, wood-working, armorers and hitting people very hard bullshit" and stumble ass-first into making guns. The exact same people who were involved in weapons-crafting used the exact same techniques evolved over generations by their ancestors and made something that improved upon the fundamentally ancient idea of throwing a rock as hard as you can at your enemy from a distance, ideally further away than he can throw it back..

>Armed with science
Stop worshiping science like a nigger in grass skirt impressed by a white man with a shiny mirror.

Yes, retard.

>intelligent people
there's your problem

the vast majority of humans are not intelligent and they need Christianity to keep them from turning society degenerate and hedonistic

It is the only way for low IQ people to have rigid moral structure. There is an evolutionary reason why religion has developed in our world.

>You think religion needs to stop evolving?
I didn't say anything about it needing to stop evolving. I said you're an idiot if you believe you're going to build a better religion that bucks the trends that have been established to work over millions of years of religious evolution.

We've already had this several times... which is why we have all the current religions

>thought experiments
Exactly. Thought experiment: imagine that you thought that you was certain to be not caught bud you was wrong.

With this knowledge or this path of reason, you could say that in the same way we no longer use bows to hunt and kill, we may no longer use Christianity as a basis of morality. We may move on from the short bow to the long bow, or we may make the jump to firearms, metaphorically speaking.

Because Jesus’ teachings give us a heavenly world right here on earth. He was the greatest philosopher and life-coach

Atheism is responsible for gommunism, and the mass murder of many millions of people in the last century alone. Most problem jews are atheists. Atheism leads to degenerate liberalism and people cutting off their genitalia. Atheism leads to lazy, cucked, and ugly males. Atheism leads to whores. Atheism causes low birthrates as it neither encourages reproduction nor rejects contraceptives and has led to whites having the largest population reduction since the black plague.

In 5 sentences or MORE you lazy fuck, explain to me why atheism shouldn't be thrown in the trash for the good of the world.