Final redpill

Solipsism, but not literally (maybe literally). You cannot prove or disprove it. Once you have this simple realisation you will see that all judgments be they ethical, philosophical, scientific or political are deeply flawed as they operate on the belief that this is not a solipsistic universe. You may not like it, but this is what peak redpill looks like.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus_Hirschfeld
qntm.org/responsibility
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Solipsism
>A redpill

Oh no, you found out everything! Cause and effect aren't linked! Fundamental truths aren't provable!

I've recently quit weed smoking, after 4 months streak. I've also been practicing lucid dreaming since i was 15 or so. When you smoke weed, you rarely have dreams. After you quit, you have EXTREMELY vivid dreams. Well, with my practice of lucid dreaming, i have lucid dreams almost every night now. Its insane, i can do shit like thinking in the dream about the things i have to do after i wake up, complete control my thinking processes in the dream, control the intensity of the dream - i can wake up at any second by just opening my eyelids and looking at the clock to see what time is it, then go back in a few seconds to sleep, back to lucid dreaming. However i have problems in massively manipulating the dream world like just erecting a mountain in front of me or summoning things.
Anyway, the last night i was in my dream, sitting on the porch, and i was bored, i tried all the things like doing drugs and sex in my dream, so i was just observing how good can my brain render the dream reality. How good is the resolution, textures, models. How i "feel". And i shit you not OP, its INDISTINGUISHABLE from actual reality.

I feel like the entire world was set up as a fake environment just to study me throughout my whole life. I’ve wasted my 30 years, the spectators must be so bored

It is said that light is made up of photons. Where does the light in my dreams come from when there are no photons in my brain?

stop watching rick and morty dude

I once smoked Salvia and realised this was the case. At least on this plane of existence.

It may be like this, but i don't think you're the only one in existence and everything is a projection, we should be like in the Movie matrix, everyone attached to cables.

dude weed lmao

What exactly is the salvia high like? I'm too scared to try it myself. I was once entering a dream which felt like I was waking up into another life. Is it anything like that?

God is The Universe observing and experiencing itself through life, meaning you are its catalyst.

fucking brainlets I swear

The universe doesn't revolve around you, you cuck.

Recording technology disproved it, as did writing.

Of course philosophers won’t admit this but it’s quite true. Philosophy has been in the gutter for a long time.

Everyone has different experiences, but mine usually end up in the room I am in being split up into different sections and entire parts of my body being stuck in particular sections, and sometimes jumbled up. Your chin will feel like its on your forehead, etc. Its fuckin freaky and not really worth it. Can be fun, but its nothing like a good cid or mushroom trip.

double slit experiment is still interesting desu. what if everything outside your noosphere isn't even loaded into reality? sort of like how vidya work

>Recording technology disproved it, as did writing.
How? There's no proving or disproving in philosophy, that's why it's pointless. It's also why it's called philosophy and not science.

prove that you are not a figment of someone else's imagination. Ultimately you must accept that the world is as perceived or else be subject to its consequences wile still accounting for all other possibilities you reasonably can. I figured this out when I was 3yo, what's taking you so long.

This is true, but at the same time not true.

There was an interesting offshoot of solipsism called "The Evil Deceiver".

It is logically unlikely, since it requires accepting vastly more assumptions than the alternative (that others exist).
Solipsism is the mentality of a woman, it has no social utility whatsoever, and would lead anyone who relied rationally on it to absolute self-ruin. Even if solipsism is true, it is rational to assume it is not, unless one proposes a self-influenced universe such as a boltzman brain solipsism universe. Even then, you are largely still better off opereatung in the current framework of assumptions, since you capacity to influence is fundamentally unreliable (if it were, you wouldn't be unaware of it).

Solipsism is the philosophy for people smart to enough to realize there's something more and true to this world, but are too afraid of never finding it to actually try.

Hands down, this and postmodernism are the laziest philosophies to cash out on.

By the way, Nietzche points out that even Descarte was wrong in that you do t even know if you exist, since you could possibly not even realize that your "thinking" is itself a fabrication. If we are in a fabricated universe, there is no reason we ourselves may not be products of the same mechanation. You can't even be sure that of self-solipsism.

>you cannot prove or disprove it
You need to read your Wittgenstein if this is how you understand truth

if somebody puts me in jail or kills me they sure as fuck exist.

The final redpill is putting into practice what you have learned on Sup Forums. Time to run up that high score, user.

>Solipsism
>Final redpill
Solipsism is not possible, because life is inherently self-destructive. Everything we can do is accelerate to the end by not avoiding it, the faster we end the life on this planet, the better. The human race is not worth saving, and as good humans we have to take every living organism with us. So if life is inherently self-destructive, there is no possible way that any other sentient being was able to survive in order to make such advanced technology, in order to make conscious AI, or a machine capable of controlling / simulating thoughts

That's funny because when I smoked salvia it made me retarded to the point where all I could do is laugh at the vibrating world

That is just peak nialism.
The recipe for depression and apathy
There would be no reason to stay civil to other people

I think those claiming that OP is full of shit is missing the point that OP is essentially correct.

I think the Descartes argument holds true.

> Want to learn about the meaning of the universe.
> Start with the question "Do I exist?"
> Make logical leap that the mere fact that you can ask the question means that you exist at least to the extent that you are one who can ask the question.
> nothing else can be proven.

Since everything we know comes from our senses, it is impossible to rule out that our senses are being either fooled or manipulated.

Everything you know and have known comes only though the senses and the brain.

So how can you prove that I exist? You can't, in the end. At best, all you can do is to prove that YOU exist.

Anyone who says this isn't true really hasn't take the time to read Descartes or think about what he was saying.

First time I couldn't walk felt like I was being sucked into my own body. World was falling and going back up and falling again, could see the the bottom of my field of vision on the top as it fell and top in the bottom as it lifted. Made me autismal.

Second time I tried walking and it felt like I was a ghost floating in front of my body and on top of the ground. My steps had not weight and no matter how I walked my head was fixed at a single height.

Becomes more pleasant when you know what to expect since you feel a weird ass energy but isn't as good as 'normal' psychedelics

I don't see how anyone can get any insight out of the drug so i wouldn't recommend it, also idk what japan is talking about.

Correct. Solipsicm isn't coherent unless you already accept nihilism because the solipsist's position is based on the denial of all arguments against his position on the premise that truth is a spook. Which is obviously the argument only a nihilist would make.

So the question of nihilism being the final redpill—a) truth and meaning are functions of human understanding and their denial is a religious tenet. See Samuel Johnson. b) acceptance of nihilism as you say leads to degradation of social capacity and and eventual misanthropy and self-loathing.

It's an attractive and convenient philosophy if you already hate the world or yourself but we should all know that the final redpill is self-improvement and the salvation of the white race.

But you can be sure that something is. Since the fact you are analyzing yourself at the very least means that a mechanation exists.

faggots please check the replies before you start crying about truth and meaning

Truth and meaning are critical functions of logic and mathematics as well as human language and understanding. The abuse of truth and meaning in philosophy is criminally misunderstood. People like Descartes and other Rationalists were not nihilists and anyone making the comparison is an idiot.

The point is, just because human understanding has a large if not all encompassing subjective component this does not mean that there is no Truth in the universe. The arguments that nihilists like to laugh off about 2+2 =4 or "it is raining outside" work just fine because people recognize true statements all the time—because truth is a necessary function of language which is a shared framework between all human beings without a significant impairment.

People who point out that there are things that lots of people believe to be true which are not, or how ethics and morality are likely subjective and use ideas like that to argue for nihilism are simply self-important, uninformed little faggots. A little learning is a dangerous thing for some people unfortunately.

who gives a fucking fuck?

Solipsism doesn't make sense.

>Solipsism

Okay so why the FUCK are you telling us this then?

he's looking for validation. it's like any other online posting. He doesn't honestly believe in nothing otherwise he'd kill himself.

That's because a majority of it was fake.

14 of it spent in the K-12 system, which we all know is fake as hell. You work hard for grades and maybe popularity, but this is Sup Forums so what the hell am I kidding?

4 of it minimum is spent at college for a bachelor's degree. This is also fake as hell. You pay money so you work hard for grades. You'll feel poor, but at least it'll get you a job...

... until it doesn't. A degree doesn't guarantee you a job, even if it's a practical degree. Employers are generally not busting down your door to earn your labor.

When you go out into the real world, no one gives praise regularly for doing what you're supposed to. No one monitors for your well being. Your grades are worthless one year into the post-graduate workforce. A lot of life lessons that get you through school get you trampled on in real life.

What is rent? Why do I have to wait a week to get my utilities activated? Why do I have to buy homeowner's insurance for an apartment? Why does owning a car cost so much money? What forms do I fill out? I don't have money. I don't have time. I feel helpless and sometimes it hurts.

The list goes on. You were thrown out into the world unprepared and spent a lot of it figuring it out. Three decades later, you come to realize that this is life and now you're piloting a ship by trial and error.

No one is watching you user. It's just you, yourself, and some asshole on Sup Forums responding to your post.

Solipsism is retarded on it's own, but Solipsism is necessarily the basis for any other philosophical position. We must accept that our individual conscious experience is the only verifiable and necessarily existing phenomena, from there all other philosophical conclusions are drawn. If we don't accept that our individual conscious experience is real then nothing is real, a person who claims that is not conscious or present and no other conclusions can be reached.

OP is misrepresenting and sensationalising the concept of Solipsism in philosophy, it was proposed not in the 'le ebin stoner' sense of everyone else doesn't exist but in the sense of as logic and reason grounded philosophy every conclusion we reach must necessarily flow from the acceptance that we as an individual are as real as real can be.

People who do DMT commonly report this feeling.

I remember that coming out of the peak of the trip when I would begin to regain some sense of self/time/place, I would experience what I call the "imposter delusions". Suddenly you feel that all the friends who are in the room with you are actors in an elaborate lifelong joke being played on you. They sense that you are waking up to this fact and start talking about how you aren't meant to be seeing behind the curtain like this. It's very unsettling and reminds me of The Truman Show. The earlier parts of the trip with full ego death are hard to remember, but i recall feeling like my whole body below my eye level was part of the environment, everything was made of stitched cloth like yoshi's wooly world, and trains and dancing gnomes spouting gibberish were weaving in and out of holes in the walls. By far the strangest shit I've ever experienced

>I'm too scared to try it myself
Acid and mushrooms are better tbf

the information your brain displays for you from the data received by your senses is your reality, not the reality

Doing drugs doesn't make that true. Solipsism is a logical trap and is obviously bullshit to anyone who has explored the nature of the world enough.

I just thought about this: What if we are in a simulation, but each being's job in the simulation is to enter another lower level of the simulation, allowing them to be reborn. So we are on the cusp of creating a matrix like reality and we may be able to enter it soon. Then, inside that matrix like reality, another (slightly lower resolution) matrix like reality comes around. We simply continuously keep entering lower and lower resolution realities with an unknown endgame? Eventual loss of processing power? Who knows. Point is, you could be millions of layers deep into your own solitary universes.

Meh, if you want the truth, it's that we are all one in the same. We are parts of each other, and every person is connected. Humanity is a strange, temporary condition where we exist in this physical realm of finite resources and must coexist. What you experienced was a paranoid fantasy, a scenario concocted by your brain based on your perspective of reality. It felt real because there's no empirical evidence to disprove it available to you, but it is not the truth.

If the universe is indeed solipsistic then what do I have to lose by assuming that it isn't? Nothing. But I have everything to lose if it isn't and I live my life as if it is. Checkmate, potato nigger.

Science is greater than philosophy. Philosophy is responsible for the over 9000 genders that have suddenly appeared out of fucking nowhere.

thats fucking retarded. reality is what exists outside of your senses, friendo

That’s not fucking true at all you brainlet. The 9000 gender bullshit is just propaganda, not an actual philosophy. You’re being manipulated into ignorance

Srsly want to jump in that hole desu

Same. My friends were sewn into the couch and were unresponsive to my pleas for attention. It was a dreamworld where my center of being could only forge one explanation my brain could comprehend. Hell. It was terror as if I was seven years old and only had 2 hours left ingame on Majoras Mask before the moon came down without an orcarina.

/thread

why would there not be photons in your brain?

The only thing you should take away from Solipsism is that it's ok to make assumptions when necessary, and that some things are just impossible to know, especially in the small time frame of your life.

Coupled with this, everyone else around you is a demon stalking and studying you, be sure to get a really good glimpse of a strangers eyes, they have the demon in them

>The 9000 gender bullshit is just propaganda, not an actual philosophy. You’re being manipulated into ignorance.
You are projecting so hard.
"Magnus Hirschfeld (14 May 1868 – 14 May 1935) was a German Jewish physician and sexologist educated primarily in Germany; he based his practice in Berlin-Charlottenburg. An outspoken advocate for sexual minorities, Hirschfeld founded the Scientific Humanitarian Committee. Historian Dustin Goltz characterized this group as having carried out "the first advocacy for homosexual and transgender rights".
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus_Hirschfeld

>You cannot prove or disprove it.
Nor can you prove it. Just like many unfalsifiable ideologies.

>The only thing I can be sure of is that I exist. Everything else is open to doubt.
False, nor is this what "cogito ergo sum" states. It only states the sureness of your own existence if you are able to think. On top of this, you also possess some form of sensory perception, and something akin to a context of thought.

I was just meditating about this today. Thanks NPC for proving something.

Just in case you don't bother to open the link.
Hirschfeld was born in Kolberg (now Kołobrzeg, Poland), in an Ashkenazi Jewish family, the son of a highly regarded physician and 'Medizinalrat' >"Hermann Hirschfeld. In 1887–1888 he studied philosophy and philology in Breslau, then from 1888 to 1892 medicine in Strasbourg, Munich, Heidelberg, and Berlin. In 1892 he earned his doctoral degree."

>I may be in high school, but I'm enlightened beyond my years
>THE THREAD

>take salvia rip mixed with weed
>fall back I to chair, can't move
>room melts away into an abstract cartoon
>feel the presence of a malevolent, feminine entity (like pic related)
>have to spend the rest of trip escaping malevolent entity
>turning off the TV in the room kills it somehow

This happened twice 2/10 awful drug unless you're curious about what schizos feel like

Most people have real like dreams.
Drugs r bad mkay

So I imagine myself being a fucking loser washing dishes for a living and dealing with niggs 24/7? Phew, thank goodness.

This.
The Boltzmann Brain gives the Solipsism argument additional rigor. Using statistical mechanics, it's possible to prove that overwhelmingly unlikely other people exist besides yourself.

Is it absolutely true that you cannot prove or disprove solipsism ?

If you have no senses you can't know if there is anything else that exists around you. If you somehow shutdown every sense and nerve, then for all intents and purposes nothing but your thoughts are actually exist for you.

>Not realizing that God is in fact real, and that we are god and that we are both everything and nothing in this universe.
>The universe itself is just a dream in the minds eye of a greater being
>we are all aspects of the same super being divided upon itself in order to understand itself like looking at oneself in a hall of mirrors.
>Not realizing that there are 12 dimensions and that there are evil beings lurking in a sub transmission zone trying to exploit our weaknesses through fear and free will so as to rise up into this dimension and harvest our critical life energy
>not knowing that the true enemy of globalism is literally powered by this daemon, this satan, from beneath the fabric of our reality
>Not fighting for humanities manifest destiny every day.

There might be a way to disprove Solipsism, but there is no way to disprove Cartesian Demon. You can't prove God isn't fucking with you.

Presuppositional apologetics goes a long way to disproving solipsism. Its impossible to disprove or prove absolutely if you reject god as a foundation to ones epistemology.

You can reject God as a belief but you can't strictly prove he isn't fucking with you, logically.

Could be God/Jesus watching

Logically, it is impossible for God to lie, and God says he isn't fucking with you.

>Logically, it is impossible for God to lie
explain

If God were to lie he would be logically inconsistent and therefore not God.

Please don't double quote me. Your statement doesn't make as much intuitive sense to me as "you can't disprove God isn't projecting your reality for you."

Um are you an atheist, agnostic, christian, pastafarian ? None of the above ?

God reveals to his creation that what we experience is real and true and that we can trust our senses and reasoning faculties when it comes to processing this real and true reality we experience.

Supplemental; Having revelation from god who is all knowing is the only way to escape fatal circularity of solipsism.

The question to the solipsist would be "Is it impossible for god to reveal such a thing to his creation ?"

You did it again. I'm done.

>God reveals to his creation that what we experience is real and true and that we can trust our senses and reasoning faculties when it comes to processing this real and true reality we experience
How could anyone possibly know this?

shut up you figment of my imagination i will have you tarnished into the bottomless hell i have constructed as well if you don't admit you don't exist you fucking cunt

i didn't know people who post on pol read

So you are making the claim that it is impossible for the creator to reveal such things to his creation that they could know these revelations for certain.

A solipsist has zero epistemological foundation to deny that claim.

Sorry if this is getting annoying but i believe it is a valid.question.

you'll like this: qntm.org/responsibility

This is a different person asking the question. I'm only asking how could anyone know that. It's a simple question.

"I would like to see a room full of Solipsists arguing as to which one of them is actually real"
- Alan Watts

wut this werds meen?

You can disprove it, actually. The cogito was disproved about a century ago. You just haven't gotten to contemporary philosophy, yet.

In simple terms: You can disprove the "I," the "think," the "therefore" and the "am." It demonstrates that experiencing occurs. The rest is utterly baseless. You've got no proof that there's a "you" doing it. No proof that thinking is occurring. No proof that anything "is" in the sense of having an external existence. You've got experiencing. And you can't be sure who or what is doing it, or whether it's happening at all, nor whether it's occurring in a wider world in which existence can be measured.

>impossible for the creator to reveal such things to his creation that they could know these revelations for certain

Of course it's impossible. God could not prove to a lower being he isn't deceiving them.

God has revealed it to you. You know it by virtue of being a created being.

Romans 1: 18-23

18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

I wish my cosmic subconscious would stop bringing up the fact. I'm aware, thanks.

>God has revealed it to you. You know it by virtue of being a created being
No, you're implying that to be true. I'm asking how you know that what you're asserting is true. Also, you only have to click the ID once newfag

Are you quoting bertrand Russell OP ?

I knew it would happen.

Yeah im a newfag posting on a phone, ill work it out one day.

Disprove the claim.........

You know that God exists and that this reality is real, that you are not being "fucked with"

How do I find salvia I've always wanted to try it?

Its basically known fact by now that we are all "living" in a computer simulation.
The question of of course is "how many of us actually are there".
whenever you go out, all the faces you never see again. how many of them are just randomly generated on the spot?