so why is gender dysphoria a mental illness
all the newer research shows it's probably not
just being in the DSM doesnt mean it is

nytimes.com/2016/07/27/health/who-transgender-medical-disorder.html

apa.org/topics/lgbt/transgender.aspx

in most cases when they transition depression and anxiety go away

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender
scientificamerican.com/article/is-there-something-unique-about-the-transgender-brain/
youtube.com/watch?v=dNpw4ngXVhY
youtube.com/watch?v=Mcf9CLMQuRQ
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21364939
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"The DSM-5 refers to the topic as gender dysphoria while reinforcing the idea that being transgender is not considered a mental illness.[77]"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender

Fuck off fag

>just being in the DSM doesn't mean it is

have fun being a loser who no one wants, buddy.

triggered

just google it there's more sources denying it as an illness than the DSM

> why are weeds considered weeds
oh man you are so deep
you should definitely get a part time temporary teaching position at commie college and supplement your weed habit by driving uber and getting your health insurance paid by soros for beating up old people
how did you attain such high levels of intellect?
saged, you despicable nigger

not a commie, prove me wrong instead of dodging questions fag

> all new research
wait, let's check
> > why do people circumcise their ki-
> new research shows you are 0.00001% less likely to get aids so therefore you should jew the dick of every kid
MAKES_TOTAL_SENSE.pdf
WHAT_COINCIDENCE.numbers

Here's the thing which gender dysphoria is this:

no one actually cares. Good for you if do something to make you happier. But people who feel this way start a conversation when no one is interested in it. They're the type of people who desperately want to be noticed and feel can't work out their place in society in general. The tragic thing is this this attention seeking doesn't change the fact that no one gives a fuck, you're not special, and you're not important. They can't deal with that and should just an hero if they going to continue being a nuisance to the world.

never argued that

Fags like OP are the reason why the west is turning to shit

no, it's the alt right being violent savages and killing people who disagree with cars like peaceful muslims

I mean it is rather mental illness or disorder if we accept neurological model. It is definitely not normal or healthy to have neuroanatomy of opposite sex and I said that as person with dysphoria.

I don't know what to think about current research, I would wish some kind of other (easier and cheaper) approach to it than transition.but I don't know how much longer will I be able to resist this degeneracy

It's an illness, something is wrong with our society and it's does not need to be promoted and introduced to chidren, especially in a positive light. It doesn't mater if (((they))) put it in their book or not.

prove it fag

>why is it a mental illness to believe you're something you're not?

they kinda are that which they believe they are

scientificamerican.com/article/is-there-something-unique-about-the-transgender-brain/

outside of humanity; where else does it exist?

kinda. riiiight.

If there wasn't something wrong then they wouldn't have to chop off their peen only to realise they (he) has made a terrible mistake and become an hero

lol read the link fag

>a mental illness affects the brain
No fucking shit. But it doesn't change your body structure or reproductive capabilities.

they're just born it he other body just like the link i provided states, never said nothing is wrong, just asked why retards consider it an illness, retard

Even if it is not a mental illness it is still a dissorder.

read my post again, never denied anything you just said

of the body, maybe

You have 1 body it isn't like you are a soul waiting to be put into a certain body, plus they are men, they have xy chromosomes

the brain defines you more than the chromosomes do

Why do you assume the brain is more correct in knowing what it is that the body? The brain is unreliable and can be made to believe all sorts of things, like that it doesn't need food even when it does (anorexics).

>why are you not you because you can perceive the world around you differently

It does define your personality more than you chromosomes but it can't determine that you have a cock between your legs

I mean disorder that body and neuroanatomy mismatched.

based on what? sauce?

No more state-funded operations. enjoy

SLIDE THREAD
BAIT THREAD
EVERYONE IN HERE IS A NIGGER
SAGE
HIDE

It sure is degeneracy, now kill yourself you subhuman piece of shit.

not my argument, i just asked why people think it's an illness and i only got baseless replies and strawmanning

read above degenerate i posted links

>I'm going to chop my leg off because i want to feel pretty
Insane
>I'm going to chop my dick off because I want to feel pretty
Perfectly normal

how is it any different from schizophrenia?

strawman

yes the process is retarded but it's all they have

i've answered please read above degenerate
they have a brain of the other sex

I replied to you sincerly, that even if it is not mental ilness is the very fact that body, endoctrine system and neuroanatomy don't match problematic. That's why it is medical condition and since one can't change brain and neurological system we change hormones and therefore body. It is still not something normal.

That said, I would preffer other and easier cure.

no other cure some others do help but not as much as that, and the sex change system is flawed, yes

>calls someone a degenerate
>is a degenerate himself

If you are a man and you chop your finger off does that make you a woman? Then why does chopping your dick off make you a woman? In both cases you are dealing with a person who is clearly insane because they think amputations have any bearing on what sex you are.

brain of other sex, sex change is flawed, never said they can completely change to the desired sex, it's impossible, all answered above

>and the sex change system is flawed, yes
What did you mean about that, and which others do help?

How about this. Thinking you are something you are not is by definition delusional. Insisting others to agree with your delusion makes you hated.

read the link i posted a couple of times, they are that which they think they are

i wouldn't say hated, but looking ridiculous.

i may be wrong there may not be other treatments that help permanently at all

Reminder to sage if you're not posting pictures. This one made itself necessary however.

based on the brain alone right? because that's all that's important isn't it.

Wha about sex change is flawed in your oppinion?
Also damn, I would love threatment to be done in a way that none would ever knew.

>brain of other sex
rrriiiiggghhht. Brain of whatever you want now. Bravo.

So they are a defect then?

pretty much.

yeah fuck the brain it's definetely not something that defines you at all

>194x259

Take this shit to /x/ or some. This is a discussion board for Politic memes and shitstorms.

Its not a sex change discussion channel.

Call the psych ward or some instead

it's impossible to actually change the sex completely

how's the migrants?

just because you get a sex change doesn't mean that you're a real man/woman. wolf in sheep's clothing. it is what it is.

That's not actually true. The depression and anxiety get worse in a lot of cases.

Also
>SAGE

>the transition is the mental illness
>the destination isn't
lel

If it's not a mental illness than what is it? A deformity of the body?

Its one or the other, either the mind doesn't match the body or the body doesn't match the mind.

no clue what it is, the mind doesn't match the body

>in most cases when they transition depression and anxiety go away
That's statistically incorrect, and you're a dishonest person.

i never said it didn't, but your natural physical being doesn't? what you were born as doesn't matter at all?

Hey I have the brain of your mom. Because I said so. This makes you my son. Because I said so.
Now go clean your room.

proof?

prove it you're my mom fag

My mind is that of a billionaire, I feel rich and that I should be living in a 20 bedroom mansion instead of a 5 bed room house, but my body is that of an average man

pic related

(((research)))

Who paid them to do it fucktard

youtube.com/watch?v=dNpw4ngXVhY

youtube.com/watch?v=Mcf9CLMQuRQ

that's true, never said otherwise

So don't recognise NB's?

No one is born into any body you retard, why don't you provide evidence that people exist before they exist and they just went in the wrong body? You won't because you cannot, because the very notion is utter retardation. By your logic, trannies should be against abortion for it kills human souls, yet the vast majority of these mentally-ill support it.
Human beings are a collection of their experiences and consciousness develops with time, being gay is not genetic, and neither is gender dysphoria. You people need mental help, but doctors nowadays would rather help mutilate you then look after you trying to solve your retarded delusion. They hate you, you're disgusting, weird, annoying, and batshit insane even in ways unrelated to your sex confusion. Go find some actual help, or shut the fuck up.

link above, will stop replying to retards like you

>in most cases when they transition depression and anxiety go away
if you compare suicide rates before and after transition, they go down. but if you compare suicide rates after transition to the GP, they are still much higher. if transitioning was a "cure", then you'd expect suicide rates to be comparable to the GP.

i've provided more links than your IQ score sum

That isn't an argument, freak.

>just google it there's more sources denying it as an illness than the DSM
the left would burn them at the stake if they have a different opinion. Name ONE single doctor who isn't attacked for saying "Boys have a penis"

it is since i've already argued degenerates like you, degenerate

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21364939
There's been a shit ton of studies on it.
Get out of your echo chamber sometimes you dishonest, mentally ill, faggot.

>science is cucked
and yes they do avoid questions like that

Suicide technically is a cure for anxiety and depression.

I taste hot metal

>the brain defines you more than the chromosomes do
then why the need to change looks other than deception?

not reading all of that got more idiots to reply to, the fact is 39% are still left with depression which means most get cured

Being a faggot isnt in the dsm anymore because you fucking queers made them take it out to normalise your degeneracy so fuck off and stop forcing your mental disorders on everyone because you want someone new to fuck

right. they can be a femfaggot who likes other faggots.

because there is something special about my brain too. I don't now why you are being so bigoted towards me. We are both advocating the same thing.

>they are that which they think they are

chromosomes define the body, brain defines you

I'm a toll booth, now give me your damn money and move along!

And I'm telling you that the suicide rate for transitioned mentally ill faggots is actually higher than the ones who don't start pumping hormones, and mutilate their bodies.
That's a statistical fact whether you want to believe it, or not.

all of you are triggered snowflake cuckservative american shitheads lol, just accept that you're wrong and you only hate them cause lefties are being annoying with shoving it down everyone's throats