Pokemon Generations

Is Sup Forums ready to see a competent Pokemon Trainer?

youtube.com/watch?v=wMzwcIG8vgk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d-X03D3tSVU
youtube.com/watch?v=4HBixBwn43Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why didn't they make this a full series back in 1997?

Why don't change protagonist every region? How did "Ash" come to be?

My dick.
Origins was already so good.
It's only short 5 min vid though.

Redfags are finally getting power inside Pokemon Company.

WHY IS IT DUBBED

The inmates are running the asylum.

HYPE¡¡¡

-Ash is a protag kids are familiar with, every new season doesn't have to spend 2 seasons developing and introducing a new MC if they just keep the old one.

-Pikachu is the literal mascot of Pokemon, so it would be assumed that he would be the star pokemon throughout the entirety of the tv series. Because of this, Ash is kept as well, because making brand new MCs for every season of pokemon and giving them Pikachu's too is fucking stupid

keeping ash is safer than completely replacing him, also cause they want to avoid making people buttmad that Ash got replaced because season 1 left a big impression of him to kids throughout the world. Kids watch the show for Ash and Pokemon, not just Pokemon

>3-5 minute shorts
>being so short means animation should be good
>however, none of the scenes shown look as good as the best animated scenes from the main anime or origins

>The Pokemon Company has announced Pokemon Generations, a new animated series of shorts inspired by every generation of the Pokemon games. Generations will consist of 18 episodes, each varying in length from about 3 to 5 minutes, highlighting some of the biggest moments from the games, all the way from Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow to Pokemon X and Y. Generations will debut on September 16 at 9 a.m. PT/12 p.m. ET, with two of the 18 episodes premiering that day. All episodes will hit the official Pokemon YouTube channel.

>3-5 minute shorts

Goddammit. I got hype for nothing.

>about 3 to 5 minutes
>highlighting some of the biggest moments from the games
So, it's sort of animated trailers for each gen? Like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=d-X03D3tSVU

>Every MC replaced by Red

Pokemon always has genius marketing. Making multiple versions of the game where you could only get certain pokemon, bringing the tv show to the U.S, all those promotional matierials and merch that wasn't popular at all in the U.S beforehand.

I'm ok with this. Hoenn and Black/White2 had horrible protags.

Although I would have loved some Hilda/Hilbert

Can we have the red fight at the end of Johto please.

Every time I see this
"I'm about to unleash my rage"

But Origins Red was just as retarded as Ash for half of the anime, while for the other half he was backed up by plot armor.

Oh boy, can't wait to see Primal Kyogre getting wrecked again.

>3-5 minute shorts
Well it's better than nothing... Right?

Origins was terrible, 99% "hey we remember the plot guys!" rushed dialogues and 1% terrible fights that last less than five minutes, that Mewtwo fight was underwhelming as fuck. Only like those fight seconds of Charizard vs Blastoise were good in the whole serie.
Not even mentioning the skipped gym fights or how the arstyle overall had a QUALITY aura.

>Blue vs Lance
Might be good.

>people will defend this

It's never going to be a legitimately good piece of material not for children. They don't care about your criticisms.

>That horrible dub
>That hideous character design
Why would anyone want to watch this garbage.

Wait, these are dub only ? Haven't watched dubbed Pokemon episodes in years.

What am I looking at?

>people will defend Greninja getting one-shot by BlastBurn
Oh wait, they won't

God, it's onion head Pikachu too.

I would be hype but seeing as how Origins was so shit I have my doubts.

Origins Red didn't felt like a competent trainer even in the end. Even though he actually won the pokémon league, it felt more because of plot armor than him winning with his own efforts. Plus he over leveled his Charizard while neglecting his other pokémon, something a competent trainer wouldn't do. Well, he still better than the fan's version where he is as an edgy faggot that always with an expressionless face.

Jap version when?

>Plus he over leveled his Charizard while neglecting his other pokémon

Alright this is fucking stupid

So they are PERFECTLY capable of making something like this but why won't they let it be the main anime. I let Origins go because it was clearly just supposed to be a short thing but now you're saying you can do this cool shit as a new series? Man fuck this shit, fuck the TV anime, just fuck it.

Trailer looked super cool on that note

Don't bring Redgy into this.

They are just testing waters.

15 years too late. Millenials are too old to enjoy this shit, and the children only recognize pikachu.

If that episode with Red is any indication, no, he's a dogshit trainer and no better than Ash.

>Red replaces all trainers
Dropped. How is this different from having Satoshi again?

Because Ash is an eternal youth protagonist for a show aimed at preschoolers. He's not made to appeal to manchildren or even long time viewers since the show aims to bring in a new young audience every few years.

It's on the same level as detective conan, doraemon and sazae-san

>shorts
Wow, it's fucking nothing.

>Why didn't they make this a full series back in 1997
Literally what's the fucking difference?
If Satoshi was called Red would you hate him less?

>I'm ok with this. Hoenn and Black/White2 had horrible protags.

>Hoenn

>Implying Yuki and Haruka or Ruby and Sapphire were bad protags

>QUALITY

>could've ended the main anime with decent conclusion
>could've made this a full time anime afterwards
>fuck up both

GAMES GONNA FREAK

>no a full length anime
avoiding the multiverse shit, eh?

>Literally what's the fucking difference?

Not that user, but are you for real?

>If Satoshi was called Red would you hate him less?

That's not the point. That was never the point.

>This video is not available.

Then what is the point? If they made this shit 20 years ago you would be complaining that they didn't change Red in 20 years too.

>best boy will never show up

The MCs are all the same considering they have no personality and that all their actions depends on the player. The only thing I would argue is their appearances. Emerald May is my favorite female MC, while I'm not a big fan of Brendan. Their ORAS design is trash though.

>Dev team
>Having any control over what Nintendo does with its IP.

>tfw I know only Giova
help

This. Seriously.

They should've taken the Pokespe approach with a new character for each region

>more red wanking
>none of the gen 2 to 5 protagonist shows up
>english only
FUCK THIS PIECE OF SHIT

Red is a perfect Gary Stu.

Satoshi is a likable hero.

Satoshi was based from Red, just like Kenta was based from Gold, Marina from Crystal or Hikari from Game!Hikari. Yes, they are completely different characters, but the issue was not that Satoshi isn't Red, is that Satoshi has been the MC for too damn long.

>some of the biggest moments from the games
>shows Zygarde Perfect Forme
Ok then

I don't think that's what they're doing. We don't see Red in the Red Gyarados scene. Every scene where Red appears aside from the Elite 4 bit seems to be original, like the Zygarde scene.

hes a big guy

>Not even mentioning the skipped gym fights
I don't get why this is a complaint. Didn't you realize that it was just 4 episodes? Obviously it wouldn't be able to cover the entire game.

Now, Origins did have a problem with the Charizard focus, where it was basically Red's only strong Pokemon (even though that doesn't line up with his in-game team).

>Well, he still better than the fan's version where he is as an edgy faggot that always with an expressionless face.
That's due to the Gold battle, where his eyes are covered in shadows.

>shorts
>Red wanking

Do a proper game adaption or PokeSpe

>Millenials are too old to enjoy this shit, and the children only recognize pikachu.

>implying Pokemon Go hasn't given new life to the franchise
>Downplaying the appeal of Pikachu

The 3-5 minute length time is also perfect, as the short-episode format has taken over thanks to YouTube and Vine.

I'm replaying Blue for nostalgias sake, this is the party I'm considering going with for the endgame: Raichu, Nidoking, Poliwrath, Wheezing, Slowbro.

I need one more but I have no idea which type or who my last entry will be.

I first thought Red would just be promoting Zygarde like he did with Mega Evolution, but Pikachu is right next to Regigigas.

I also see that Green is the one battling Bruno, and why is Heatran of all Pokemon in this?

A legendary.

Tauros.

>Two poison types
Go with Arbok while you're at it

PokeSpe it's 2edgy for the kids.

A psychic type could deal with your whole team so maybe a Chansey or Tauros to deal with those.

Tauros. Or Rhydon since Rock Slide is pretty decent against the E4.

How are you going to fly?

Yellow >>>>>> Blue

They could just de-edgyfy it. I don't give a fuck.
All I want is rotating protagonists

Never used Chansey or Tauros before so may go with them. Then again I've considered getting a Magmar for a fire type and for how versatile it is.

>dubbed
No thanks.

Tauros is the best Pokémon in the game, next to Mewtwo and Mew.

You need something to fly you around too. If you want a fire-type, maybe Moltres?

Tauros is broken

reminder

why won't they animate the pokemon adventure manga

Yes, but official artwork always show him with either a smile or a determined look. It's strange that only Red gets this treatment. Nostalgia is probably the biggest factor as most people want to see him as a badass edgy character, but it doesn't match his canon character. Even him being mute is interpreted as him being a lone badass even though it's just a reference to his silent role as the previous MC, only answering questions with Yes or No.
I wonder if people would wank Ethan if he appeared in other core game as the final boss like Red. Hilbert's sprite in BW2 also shows him with his eyes covered, yet he isn't draw as an edgy guy by the fans.

>3-5 minutes
And my hope of a season of Gold and silver anime has been crushed.

Sapphire and Whi-two are cute! CUTE!

>muh pokesperg

Yellow a shit

>3-5 minutes
>No sign of Hilda again

Yeah, I live in a 3rd world shithole too. Someone make it into a webm or something.

RED IS GOING TO WIPE EVERYTHUNG.
FINALLY A COMPETENT PROTAGONIST

You're correct in that both characters are different, hence the reason I'm asking him why is he asking for differences since they are blatanly there.

However:

>Red is a perfect Gary Stu

How? He's just a silent protagonist.

Same with the other game MCs.

I mean, yeah, it's fun to make Game!Red into a edgy looking no nononsense, Kotone into a perma Yandere-face or Game!Hikari into an stoic little girl that steamrolls everything while Shirona/Cynthia stalks her, but ultimately they are blank slates, because we are the ones that control them.

And we get this shit instead of ANYTHING even resembling Special

Nintendo hates Special.

Not really. Ash was marketable.

youtube.com/watch?v=4HBixBwn43Q

>>Red replaces all trainers

Is that how is going to be?

There goes my hopes to see a Gold PoV or a Hilda beating the shit out of N.

Thanks. Looks awful.

Exactly. They are getting beaten on TV ratings by other kid shows, so they can't just blindly invest on a new rerun series

Let me try.

>Blue hair
Cyrus, leader of Team Galactic. Wants to capture Dialga and Palkia, and create a dimension under which he can be a god.

>Detective
Looker, a Pokemon private eye. Also from Diamond and Pearl.

>Green hair kid
N, from Black and White. Believes Pokemon should be removed from humanity, like PETA does here.

>Green hair man
Ghethis, father of N and head of Team Plasma. Wants to separate humans from Pokemon so he can rule over both.

>Red hair guy and old dude
Lysandre and Az from X and Y. Never played, but they're both bad guys.

Studio announced yet?

I don't think AZ is a bad guy