Compared to the European ABC 123 eyecharts

Compared to the European ABC 123 eyecharts.
Which is better at checking eye sight and why?

I think the point with these ones is if you're blind they'll all appear to be circular so its harder to BS your way through them.

>implying

Sometimes, we've got the circles here in Europakistan, too.

Elder God tier eye chart:
Shapes of cool things like cars and trucks and airplanes and tanks

good tier:
shapes like stars, squares, circles, etc

Meh tier:
circles with opening

Shit tier:
letters which spell out words

blind myself with a rusty screwdriver tier:
random letters

Failure to see the gap is probably a more consistent indicator when eye sight reaches a threshold "badness", because the difficulty in seeing a gap to the left should be more or less equivalent to seeing one on the right. On the other hand with letters it's not quite as obvious, like you may mistake a an F for P which indicates certain level of lacking eye sight compared to mistaking F for U. With that said both systems are probably sufficient enough given enough trials.

One of those does not require literacy.

The west probably use letters because of street signs, drivers with bad eyesight cannot read street signs and advisories that might be posted.

we have both
>cool things like cars, trucks, airplanes and tanks
>shapes
these are children charts

spelling out words would defeat the purpose

fr mst wrds w cn rmv vvls nd cn gss th wrd stll.
You just fill in the blank so it makes a word you know.

>keeping it anime relate with meganekko
doctors project the lines of the chart when you need it nowaday, to avoid cheats (if you read letters you can memorize them)

>the European ABC 123 eyecharts.
I'm European and I was tested with those circles.

Why would you even think about "cheating" in a test meant to make your life easier? Do you enjoy being blind?

>Why would you even think about "cheating" in a test meant to make your life easier
to avoid the mark "NEEDS GLASSES" on your driver license

Because you can lose your drivers' license if you fail.

That's not always how people think of these things.
>it's a test so you want to ace it.
>if I don't do this well enough, people will think less of me
there are many motives why a child would want to "cheat" on an eye test.

Doesn't matter when your eyesight is so bad you can't see the first row.

The trick is to memorize everything from your ideal viewing distance before the test starts.

>sit in front of a screen all day every day
>perfect eyesight
>can't wear glasses for fashion
Feels bad.

Europeans don't use ABC chart. Ours consist nothing but E's pointing in different directions.

So you'd rather crash and die because you're fucking blind?
Or you can, I don't know, get fucking glasses?

Could you pass if you just say "E E E E E E E E..."?

>nothing but E's pointing in different directions.
those are E, M, 3 and W user

There is a reason why my country has recently acknowledged that the greatest threat on our streets are old people.

Post maganekko/meganekun
this is a meme in Italy too

Eyecharts are shit, we don't use them here at all.

Yeah, and they are cool as shit.

Have one hanging in my room right now.

>meme
They really are a danger. My own family wanted to take away the license from my grandfather because it's increasingly scary to watch him go, but then his daughters said that he'd probably be really unhappy without it.

Granted, one of those daughters has about one accident every season because she drinks and drives, so maybe we shouldn't focus too much on the old guy.

>Granted, one of those daughters has about one accident every season because she drinks and drives, so maybe we shouldn't focus too much on the old guy.
the meme is "the old man with the hat going slow", usually people blames addicts, alcohoolics for bad drawing
Mio best Meganekko

I'm all for letting people die to their own mistakes.
but you shouldn't allow them to take random strangers with them to the grave.

My eyesight is apparently 'the best it's possible to be' purely because working in graphic design makes it easier for me to figure out what letters are. Text ones are a bit shit.