Convince me to become Christian

I want you to convince me to become christian. Is there any reasonable logic that argues that i should become one? Give me your best, maybe you can convince me.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/120132023/#120132023
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/119277518/#119286689
mediafire.com/file/6p74641sk6d9t85/CHRISTIAN BOOKS COLLECTIONS.zip
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxRMPlDydM_kQWhNM1lzX1Z3NU0/view?usp=sharing
amazon.com/Was-Jesus-Who-He-Said/dp/0892836245
amazon.com/Spiritual-Journeys-Robert-Baram/dp/0819868760
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are you just stupid maybe?

christ rose from the dead.
nobody else has.
take from it what you will.

Worship jews and israel.and when you die youll like be goid stuff and ifnyou dont then bad stuff.

No he did not. He did not live at all actually. What rose was the sun, prove me otherwise.

Rejecting God represents not only a rejection of a higher power, but the rejection of hierarchy and your ancestors, you reject not your father, but your grand father, and his grand father, you reject the accumulated wisdom of all your Christian forebears when you reject Christianity.

Lazarus disagrees.

Don't.

Are you telling me i am stupid, or maybe disrespectful? My great grandfather was in Maran Ata, i think he was stupid.

that sounds like a good thing though, my grand father didn't know shit

If "accumulated wisdom" doesn't have a basic in empirical fact than it's shit and should be discarded. 1000 various gods and deities have been discarded before God, so why not discard one more?

where's your proof mate ?
protip : using the bible as a proof is circular reasoning

>reasonable logic
t:person who thinks he evolved from a rock

You don't have to believe in supernatural events to appreciate any wisdom from a religion.

>t. person who thinks he evolved from.. magic.

You sound like a libertardian who would reject his family if they didn't believe in "empirical science" wiz

No I am not saying you are stupid, but you might be disrespectful, it is just reckless and inconsiderate to reject the faith of your fathers and people without serious review of their beliefs.

Meme

No, but you reject the wisdom of your ancestors who believed, it is mostly adolescent arrogance that leads people to atheism. Imagine thinking that you know better than all those who believed before you.

The historical consensus is that he did live at some point in time. There is even proof outside of the Bible and early church that a man named Jesus Christ lived and was crucified.

>without serious review of their beliefs

Well that is what i am doing now. I am trying to see if there was any reasonable logic for them to believe in Jesus except for groupthink and proselytising.

Of course you aren't, your second post screamed your intentions for anyone with ears to hear. But Sup Forums is easy to troll.

It's probably less important for you than it is for an American, or more. Who knows what kind of crazy shit the muzzies are going to stir up in Europe by the time it's all said and done?

It's important for Americans just to establish some kind of support net. You can go off by yourself at lunch, or you can eat with your coworkers. You can decide what makes your job more pleasant, but I don't think anyone's really fine with being abjectly alone. That's why most of you are so goddamn angry all the time, right?

Real Christian bitches are virgins.

This desu, you are just meeming Scandi atheist, meh, convince me you are worth my time, why should I proselytize to a low tier shitposter who is most likely a bugman as the euro education system produces.

Okay, i admit it, i think you christians are retarded. Why? Because you believe in fairytales.

A typical response from someone who doesn't have an argument, attacking my person.

>

Thank you for bumping. Give me sources, old sources, reliable ones. Redpill me on Jesus.

Fairy tales have moral lessons and several christians don't believe the biblical narratives literally. They're just mature enough not to ruin them for those who believe them literally.

But you don't give a fuck one way or another. Go ahead and keep trolling low-hanging fruit, you come across as very intelligent.

I profoundly disagree. I would say with respect, that your position is arrogant and somewhat conceited. I think you are also being sentimental. If you believe in God then that's your choice. I personally consider it a profound error of judgement, but I don't think you are an intrinsically bad person.

I know that fairytales have moral lessons, my father used to read about how people tricked the stupid troll. I care, i am honest. I know there is a god, but jesus i am not so sure about.

fuck you, either you will believe or you won't. fuck off with this faggot "convince me" bullshit.

Why should i believe something without a reason?

I have written on the psychological function of believing in Christ's sacrifice. Give it a shot if you have a residuum of sincere interest beneath your disrespectful attitude - archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/120132023/#120132023

Pics or it didn't happen

The only kind of forever you should be reaching towards is the terrestrial kind. Deep down inside, when you're praying in private, you'll know that the only thing you're experiencing is your own thoughts. That's why religion is only good for mockery.
This site stunned me with its inability to expect psuedoreligious mockery. People who believe in people who believe in religion are willing to believe in people who believe in anything. And the coumterargument, wow! It's like people here think Rick and Morty is sufficient counterargument itself. No wonder religion is dying! It's pretend sincerity for vastly insincere people who only care about how things look, and not their underlying truth values. Religious leaders are intrinsically dishonest people. It's just not an honest profession.
Those who care strongly about religion rot out their brains. Unfortunately, that's inclusive of atheists who care too much. Unless a religion is negatively impacting your quality of life or that of people who you care about, the correct level of atheism in real life is stone cold apathy. Don't rain on the fond fictions of other people until you've got a particular reason.

I think you just answered your own question.

I really don't get why fedora became the atheist meme, i would associate fedoras much faster with religious people

I don't think you are a bad person either. I don't know why you think being sentimental is a bad thing, if the sentiments are healthy. I don't know why you think believing in a higher power is a profound error of judgment, belief in a God is not an equation. Of course judgment comes into play, but there is much more, such as sentiments, conviction and social needs.

>psychological function of believing in Christ's sacrifice
This is something that many Christians fail to emphasize, belief in a higher power responds to a social need that has existed since the beginning of society. You see that every people's have their own beliefs, there is no tribe that is atheist in the modern scientific sense. I think that the technology and our large social change we've experienced has suppressed our receptiveness to religious beliefs.

Thanks, this is what i am looking for, the best post in this thread i would say. I have read it now. However i do not agree with asking for forgiveness to an imaginary character will redeem your sins, it will certainly make you think of the issue, but not redeem you. Neither does this post prove that christ was real. It is a mentality, a way to feel better and let others do the thinking instead of yourself. It is weakness, you do not trust yourself.

Fixed

I think you just blew me the fuck out of here..

>However i do not agree with asking for forgiveness to an imaginary character will redeem your sins
You don't ask for it. You assume it.
>Neither does this post prove that christ was real
It wasn't the point. Whether you imagine your best friend or Jesus, both are characters of your imagination.
>It is a mentality
Precisely.
>a way to feel better and let others do the thinking instead of yourself
No, it doesn't involve other people.
>It is weakness, you do not trust yourself.
I've addressed this here - archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/119277518/#119286689
Don't worry, it's a much shorter post.

>responds to a social need
Literally a primitive tool to make people shut up about death and nightmares. We have medicines now. They're not good enough yet, but the day is on the horizon when religion's services will no longer be sought for anything but inspiration in writing and vr. The triumph of atheism will be complete when religious expressions are bought and sold as indistinguishable consumer goods.

>Can you trust yourself to act on your best interest consistently? Nope.

Why not? You know what, i will stop posting now, i feel evil. I am fucking with the faith of people, i am sorry. I just wanted answers, and i won't get it in any church around here.

How about the Eternal Burning LAKE OF FIRE?!!!
Which is where YOU will go to if YOU don't get it right in this lifetime!!!

REPENT of your sins, and get right with God by praying to Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins.

CHRISTIAN BOOKS COLLECTIONS.zip 2.14 GB DOWNLOAD

>we have medicines now
user I don't know what this implies, but you think medicating yourself to shut people up about death and nightmares is a suitable and healthy way to deal with legitimate social needs.

Its also very silly to think that religion is just a "primitive tool" to cope with our need for purpose in our existence. Go talk to your atheist city dwellers, ask them what fills their lives beyond pointless consumption.
>The triumph of atheism will be complete when religious expressions are bought and sold as indistinguishable consumer goods.
No that will be the triumph of capitalism.

If you have never failed to live up to your standards, congratulations, you have the best self-control out of anyone I've ever met. God's function in self-regulation is doing away with the possibility of disappointment to strengthen your confidence in the hardest of situations.

This is ultimately the reason. It has improved the lives of countless people and some believe it's responsible for the most sophisticated civilization the world has ever seen. No one's saying you have to be a Christian.

Letting go of the smug attitude would be nice, though.

Farewell.

Well, God is inside of you. That is my last words.

If evolution isn't real how do you explain the emergence of antibiotic resistant bacteria.
>Checkmate christfaggs

I agree. But so is everything else your mind models. Bye.

>a prerequisite for cuckstianity is being too stupid to grasp simple scientific concepts, and thus being a retard
Odin says your god is gay.

The sentimentally I was referring to was around the idea that someone would be disrespecting their elders for disagreeing with them. I think that is an unhealthy attitude. I see no need or reason to believe in a higher power. I think the world and the people in it are all I need. I don't see supernatural beliefs to be useful, or healthy.

Especially if you're Catholic and spend time alone with the priests

Well that's just like your opinion man

Kant, the Christian that wrote The Limits of Reason, is laughing in your smug face.

Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead.

The Holy Ghost lives inside of your heart. That's why when you sin, you feel guilty, because the laws of God are written on your heart, and the Holy Ghost convicts you of sin.

That's a lazy answer. But yes, I don't agree with you.

Kant is burning in Hell right now.

The anti-Christians want to you to treat
1. the news as true
2. entertainment media as depicting reality (this could happen in the real world)
3. the Bible as fiction and fantasy
4. God as non-existent.

while a Christian should treat
1. the news as false
2. entertainment media as fiction depicting a fantasy world (not Earth, no human characters, no divine, but a human creator)
3. the Bible as true depicting reality
4. God as real and almighty

It's about being redpilled.

>You sound like a libertardian who would reject his family if they didn't believe in "empirical science" wiz
I mean my family is pretty fucking awful. I only put up with them because it is what society expects, if it wasn't for that I would leave their dumb asses to die of liver damage or oxycodone overdose.

>That's why when you sin, you feel guilty
What about sociopaths?

That's fucked up, you in the Midwest? Sounds like the Midwest, pretty shit how thats happening here. Try to fix what you can, I know it can be tough when people are permanently out of it.

There an exception.

>There an exception.
So do they not have souls or does god just not care about them?

Catholic here. First, don't neglect prayer. ASK God for the gift of faith.

Next, I suggest you try reading More than a Carpenter by Josh McDowell.

It has sold many copies, so I don't think it should be difficult or expensive to get a copy. The book is unfortunately written in a somewhat golly-gee-whiz style that seems aimed at American teenagers circa the 1970s.

THAT SAID, there is a lot of VERY good information in the book. In brief, it lays out the evidence for the Resurrection, which is *surprisingly* strong. This argument is one of the things that persuaded me to revive my Catholic faith after basically losing it in my late teens and early 20s.

It's a short book, a quick read, and persuasive. Please give it a try.

Note: The book aims at presenting the evidence for *the Resurrection*, not God, per se. But if you're persuaded that the Resurrection is true, it's likely (although perhaps not logically necessary) that faith in God will follow.

I would also recommend two other books:

1) Was Jesus Who He Said He Was? by Michael Green. Similar to More Than a Carpenter, but aimed at a more sophisticated reader. I highly recommend this, if you can find a copy.

amazon.com/Was-Jesus-Who-He-Said/dp/0892836245

2) Spiritual Journeys edited by Robert Baram. This is a superb collection of conversion stories by persons from every conceivable walk of life, from academics (including one who actually *was* converted by reading Aquinas) to house wives to punk rockers. I've read a lot of collections of conversion stories, and this one is particularly good.

amazon.com/Spiritual-Journeys-Robert-Baram/dp/0819868760

Do try prayer: a sincere experiment. You don't have to say a single word out loud, or tell anybody what you're doing. You can do it entirely in the privacy of your own room: your little secret, between you and the God who may or may not exist.

I'm sure they have souls, but that doesn't mean they should behave bad if they don't feel bad about it.

Why would I want to help you avoid burning in hell? You're a total asshole.

Their conscience is seared as with a hot iron.
They have no hope.
Eternally damned forever.

CHRISTIAN BOOKS COLLECTIONS.zip 2.14 GB DOWNLOAD

Brock could be a sociopath.

Yet god unfairly disadvantages them. While others can innately understand some of their actions as wrong sociopaths cannot because god refuses to let the holy spirit act on them. Despite this he holds them to the same standards. Doesn't sound very just or fair to me.

t. Paki

Top teir rhetoric when in an argument. Saying something is "gods will" or the "will of the lord" can't really be rebutted.

That hat looks like a Jew Gangster hat.

Besides, you don't just "Sign-Up" and become a Christian.

It requires a belief in GOD, and a thorough study of the subject.

Once you have done that and examined the scientific evidence associated with "Life" and history, there is no other reasonable alternative.

Time to get started Faggot.

>Doesn't sound very just or fair to me
Free will isn't fair

Catholicism takes a lot from Greek philosophy. I'm convinced that hellenized jews wrote the old testament and incorporated Greek philosophy in its writing. All I can say is give it a shot. It might surprise you how much you can gain from catholicism.

God, if real, is a bit of a cunt.

>Le free will argument
That doesn't apply on this case. This is like setting up a cookie jar in front of two children and only telling one of them no to take any cookies, then punishing any of the children if they eat cookies. The issue is that one wasn't given the same information as the other and punished as a result.

>Then telling one of them not to take any cookies

But God tells everybody, even psychos not to eat the cookie. Psychos just choose to ignore that advice. They are both given the same information.

How does he tell sociopaths not to commit sins? As said when you feel bad about sin its because of the holy ghost. People with sociopathy don't feel bad about hurting others. Clearly god isn't giving them the same information.

>How does he tell sociopaths not to commit sins?
He tells them in the bible. I can't vouch for what that other guy said

Eventually sinners get their punishment.

What about people who have never heard the word of god through the bible? What about people born before the bible was written?

Capitalism is atheistic, and it works. Why do you live in such a depressive social milieu, and why do you take it for granted? Check yourself. You may be living proof that your toolbox is too primitive for the needs of your own life.

just read the bible you fucking nonce

>Capitalism is atheistic, and it works
okeydokey, tell me how greatly capitalism fulfills your life. Tell me how your life is given meaning because a market of buyers and sellers determines the price of goods and services!

Don't know, shit out of luck

>Don't know, shit out of luck
So god is a dick, right?

most degeneracy, i.e homosexuality, transgenderism, feminism, etc. stem from godlessness. dont believe in god, believe in the teachings. they lasted as long as they did because they fucking worked.

You beat me, I'm no theologian, but I won't indict my God for you.

Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so

Try to argue with that

Understandable.

>Asking for logic for a spiritual belief system

It's literally supernatural in concept, standing outside of logic since it creates the laws thereof. Your question is ignorance personified by asking that question.

Maybe you should consider it.

Don't believe everything you read.

protip: If you can't believe 4 written eyewitness accounts of an event, you can't believe any eyewitness account of any historical event. There is more written evidence for Jesus existing at that time, than written evidence of the Ceaser of that time existing.

my law shall been written on their heart and mind. Man was designed , hardwired and comes preloaded with the software

Roman Historian Tacitus also makes reference as well as Josephus. One a historian another a jew where mentioning christ doesnt even serve their narrative

chicks are better behaved and better looking, generally

This, unironically
Ceasar was just a myth, the Jews were controlling the Roman Republic, and you've got only two direct witness to contradict me, you silly circlejerker. Looks like I win the debate again! xD

The Judean province openly revolted against Rome resulting in legions being marched unto Jerusalem where the Romans destroyed the Jewish temple then built a siege mound to reach the remaining Jews at the fortress of Masada. There are many records of this
And it just doesnt fit the narrative of a jewish controlled Rome when the Jews threatened open anarchy spreading throughout the empire

>my law shall been written on their heart and mind. Man was designed , hardwired and comes preloaded with the software
Do you have any proof of this? After all if belief in Christianity is instinctive the religion or at least its monotheistic predecessor should have arisen independently across the world.

I'm not so sure that's true! Church girls are pretty naughty in my experience, just better at keeping it hidden. People's private lives are often very different to what they publicly present.

says the virgin.