What made this resonate with normies so well...

What made this resonate with normies so well? Let's keep in mind 95% of normies who like this never read the manga and only watched the dubbed anime. If for some reason you haven't watched the anime, it's pretty bad, it's got a shoestring budget and is very dialog heavy. I just never understood why this was the series normies latched on to.

Secondly, has the fad ended? I rarely see it in public anymore, and since S2 has gotten delayed countless times, it seems like that killed its momentum

Edge.

Just read chapter 85.

Why is this whole thing shaping up to be like M. Night Shamalama's 'The Village?'

I have always wondered to since the anime is such a fucking bore

It's dark, it's violent, it's a pretty interesting concept, and it's "mature."

The marketing kept comparing it to The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones, two of the most "normal" shows out there.

Scenes like that webm
Great OST
Great actions scenes
Characters liked by that audience
Absolutely no fanservice (the ero kind)
Violence
Cliffhangers everywhere
European setting
Intriguing story
Neat artstyle (normies barely notice QUALITY)

Game of Thrones>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dog shit>>>>>>>>>>attack on titan
That fucker of mangaka ripped off the wall from Game of Thrones.

It's dark, serious, no fanservice.
Something they can admit to liking to their other normie friends without being embarrassed.

I find it to be boring.

Some turbo weeb in high school convinced me to watch it. I thought it was alright, too much yelling and stuff though. But it's the show that got me into anime, so that's cool I guess.

Zombies that were more than just a mild annoyance.

>normies
Kill yourself.

where do you rank The Walking Dead?

This is the answer. Push it as an animated version of things normies already like and there you have it

Is it fair to say that Attack on Titan is Muv Luv+Ultraman+Resident Evil?

Its better than most mainstream anime

Shit taste.

>normie
>normie
>normie

Where do you cancerous normalfags coming from?

The endless delay of S2 has to be the biggest squandering of money in recent anime history. The Normalfags have all moved on by this point but for a hot minute it had that DBZ effect where people would say dumb shit like "Anime sucks but I like ______". It getting exposure on Netflix also worked in its favor.

Why has it been delayed so much? We all know damn well it will still be packed with stillframes and shit, but it's a solid year past the expiration date now. You would think something so popular would be in production immediately, much less popular series how new seasons way quicker

It's drama focused which means the writing has to be geared towards moments that matter.

Anime has plenty of this and better written shows too but it's still done a lot less than in other mediums. When the regular guy looks to anime he usually wants excitement and tension or moments that make him feel something.

Once you get deeper into anime, you see that there are a lot more vibes you can receive than just raw excitement. I think that's why people are dicks about the series. It is entry level in that sense, but it's not an inherently worse show than whatever comedy 4-panel bullshit you're indulging in. That's the one point you should remember.

>normies
Back to /r9k/ you retards.

The first season was fun, if simple.

Then it got fucking stupid.

Game of Thrones is terrible.

Walking dead comparison probably has some points. It's the same reason zombie apocalypse fiction has had such a revival. It's about humans working together against an outer foe, it appeals to our very basic survival aspects. With that said SnK suffers from same issues as zombie fiction, mainly that it gets shit once it drags on.

They couldn't have done it immediately due to lack of material. That probably resolved itself ages ago, though.

Its not the best adaptation, but the visuals are pretty great, if nothing else.

The design of 3 eyed raven in season 6 did suck though.

why chapter 85? I droped this shit when it started to involve the royal family and a lot of nonsense plots.

>95% of normies who like this never read the manga and only watched the dubbed anime.
It was popular before there was a dub

Yea, to anime fans

Not him but even very casual or nonanime fans got into the subbed show. It really did blow up

>itself ages ago
Exactly one year ago. They couldn't start working on it because the staff was busy with Kabaneri.

It's basically Jaws with zombies, a movie and a theme both loved by Western audiences

What.

>normie
Fuck off.