Discuss

What measures can be taken to put a leash on these giants fucking companies, like facebook, that clearly have too much power

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/technology-41776215
libreboot.org/faq.html
github.com/corna/me_cleaner
github.com/corna/me_cleaner/issues/53
blog.ptsecurity.com/2017/08/disabling-intel-me.html#more
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mark Zuckerberg denies he's a lizard

Pic related is what is happening right now

HOLY SHIT, me and my mom were talking about getting my dad a green egg grill for his birthday and I opened up Facebook a minute later and there was an add for a green egg HOLY SHIT. I thought it was a coincidence.

damn, must be why i get penis augmentstion pills ads

People agree to let the Facebook app access their microphone - they then hear targeted keywords and serve a relevant ad, this is common nowadays desu

For got link

bbc.com/news/technology-41776215

Why would one executive know anything anyway? Evil plans are always divided up so people know know what they have to. For example, one guy builds a pipeline,he thinks it might be for waste water because it connects directly to the ocean, and another guy connects the toxic waste disposal to this pipeline, he assumes that the pipe goes to "the next guy's problem". Both workers will go fishing that night, happy to eat poison because they don't know any better.

That's what working for facebook is like, that's what all big companies are like. Drug manufacturing goons aren't even allowed to write down the names of things they are working with, only "product codes" in case anyone complains or secrets are let out.

Stop using Facebook.

When?

I dont have a mic but man this is hilarious. This is some sneaky shit.

I think i'll download the app on my phone and include a lot of random stuff in my convo's with my gf. See what ads i get.

>Why would one executive know anything anyway? Evil plans are always divided up
Thanks for the insight Satan

btw the term they use for what you've described is "compartmentalization" + checked

You're welcome, try not to start any fires today :)

they responded quickly, which means the viral video was correct.

they are right though, "they" do not "listen" to your conversations.

Their A.I. superbot that has access to every I/O port and device on your phone does the listening.

Google does this too. Have been since 2013.

Don't like it? Stop using their services. Yes, it's that simple. You don't need Kikebook to live. You should also be worried about the cellular modem in your phone that has DMA, which means that through the cellular network the CIA niggers can access any file on your phone and take pictures of you without your knowledge and there's no way to mitigate this besides removing your battery or totally removing the baseband firmware. Android phones and iPhones are all using the same kinds of modems made by Qualcomm or Intel so your model or OS doesn't even matter. Then in desktops and laptops there's the AMD Platform Security Processor (introduced around 2012) and the Intel Management Engine (introduced around 2006). The PSP and ME are coprocessors that are built into the CPU and there is no way to totally shut them off without rendering the PC unbootable. The PSP has little documentation but ME can access everything in memory (RAM and hard disks) and can control the CPU cores. It can access your OS network stack and it can even silently pass data around a LAN to other ME enabled machines. It's always on as long as power from the battery or wall is supplied, even if the PC is turned off.

There is no escaping it unless you use outdated hardware with hacked firmware, which is basically going full Sup Forums.

Posted from my 2008 Core2 Duo laptop running Fedora 26 with customized Coreboot as the BIOS and custom made ME firmware integrated into the payload.

When my gf messages me her phone has ads in the autocorrect box related to stuff she's talking about lmao

>I dont have a mic
Yes you do. Everything has a microphone in it, otherwise you wouldn't be able to make calls and talk to people.

I got a shitty old comp desktop with no internal mic.

What's wrong with Facebook? Seems like a great service!

>basically it's people who emigrate en masse and then vote to change things from within
Term for that is "lawfare"

Beware of the"internet of things" too

Fuck

>having a facebook
>ever making a facebook

Tax cuts

Isnt there some law that suppresses technology since about the 50s in the USA for the purpose of national security?
oh wait facebook is a tool of "national security"

>lawfare
ugh, this is why I stick with the anecdotes. technically what chinese do in australia is not legal, they overstay visas and come on false passports. it's only "legal" in that you can't complain to a cop because you're not bleeding or a woman (that's actually how it works here)

This, stopped using Facebook 2 years ago and desu not missing it at all

Fuck. I've got some old school hardware sitting around. Probably time to dig it out and learn a thing or two.

My shitty netbooks from the early 2000s have them. You should probably check which devices are actually connected to your machine. Under Windows hit Win+R and type "devmgmt.msc" into the run box or on Linux run the "lspci" command and have a look.

Yep. It's a constant uphill battle of porting Coreboot and trying to pick hardware that's compatible with open source software.

I never got an account because I wasn't interested. I was a computer geek in high school so I preferred to talk to other nerds on IRC and image boards.

>it's only "legal" in that you can't complain to a cop because you're not bleeding or a woman
The tolerance & inclusiveness of the Western nations laws are going to be used and abused against them until their is nothing left, desu

I have a Galaxy S5 that I cracked open, having disabled the mic and both cameras. I always have to use earbuds with an in-line mic.

FUCK THE CHINESE FACEBOOK AUTHORITARIAN REPTILIAN MOON NAZI NEW WORLD ORDER

I dont have a netbook or anything like that bruh. I know i'm good.

Learn about management engine bullshit and BIOS replacement options:

libreboot.org/faq.html

An attempt at stripping Intel ME firmware on newer Core i series chipsets to make it reasonably secure:

github.com/corna/me_cleaner

Discovery of the HAP bit setting in ME v11 designed for the CIA niggers because even they know that it's insecure:

github.com/corna/me_cleaner/issues/53
blog.ptsecurity.com/2017/08/disabling-intel-me.html#more

This still doesn't take care of the DMA issues or GPS tracking that can be done by the cellular modem.

Is it a desktop you assembled yourself? If it isn't you should check.

>GPS tracking that can be done by the cellular modem
they triangulate position from the cell-towers signal ping strengths, even if no gps

Yep, that can also be done. Phones are personal tracking devices.

Just stop using them. It's already on the decline. Hope he runs for president so he kills fagbook

I don't use facebook, not since 2010.

You've done good, leaf.

I have been noticing this for a month. I swear things will pop up in my feed that I don't sear check on my computer or phone. I always figured I must have typed it in at one point. This is funny xked

we kill the batman

Please stop and go back to Sup Forums or Sup Forums or something.

read Data and Goliath.
install uBlock, NoScript, HTTPS Everywhere, and block google-analytics.
use a browser without telemetry like IceCat or (if i'm not mistaken) PaleMoon.
use an OS that respects your privacy and freedoms, whether Linux-based or *BSD-based.

>whether Linux-based or
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

boycott facebook and google

why be their product for free?

>use an OS that respects your privacy and freedoms
Haiku OS is gonna be great one day.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as autism, is in fact, retardation/autism, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, retardation plus autism. Autism is a mental disorder unto itself, but is also another dumb component of a non-functioning NEET made useful by the threat of a loss of good boy points, nugs and tendies comprising a full reward system as defined by mommy. Many households use a modified version of the GBP system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of the GBP system which is widely used today is often called “working with autism”, and many parents are not aware that it is basically the GBP system, developed by user's mother. There really is a GBP system, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Mother is the caretaker: the one in the system that allocates the nugs and tendies to user. The mother is an essential part of the GBP system, but useless without a welfare check; it can only function in the context of being a sad, worn out cunt that lays around and drinks wine. Mother is normally used in combination with the GBP system: the whole system is basically GBP with mother added, or GBP/mother. All the so-called “tendie" distributions are really unfair because I only got 10 of them