There are people on Sup Forums who actually think that Hunter x Hunter (aka Tell Don't Show: The Anime) is anything...

>there are people on Sup Forums who actually think that Hunter x Hunter (aka Tell Don't Show: The Anime) is anything more than a 6/10

The classic from 99 is a strong 7/10, but the 2011 one is 5/10 at best.

Standard change and even then its all opinion anyway.

get over it

It's a battle shounen not a thriller, show and don't tell is used to make things sound more extreme than they actually are but battle shonens are about gauging your opponents to work out strategies.

The bad thing about the narration is it's actually being serious. They should have gone the Kaiji route where narration is meant to be a joke, stating the obvious.

It wasn't that bad until the Ant King arc where there would be entire episodes that cover less than 30 seconds of time and is 90% inner monologues of things that the audience can pick up just from context clues.

Why is lots of narration a bad thing?

This is a genuine question because I thought Ant arc was great and lots of people seem to hate it for the narrator. But to me it seems like the narrator always adds something to a scene that would be gone if the narrator was taken away. Like for example the fight between Youpi and Killua, sure I can tell that Killua is beating the shit out of Youpi without a narrator, but I appreciate the narrator telling me exactly how Killua is doing it and Youpi's reactions to it. I mean shit is moving so fast its not like Youpi has time in the middle of the battle to start talking to Killua.

>Why is lots of narration a bad thing?
Because it's retarded and he says the exact same thing what we are seeing with our own eyes. Pointless.

Unless you are a child or mentally retarded you can get nearly all the information just from watching the fucking show. There's a reason why better series and films don't do this bullshit. Show, don't tell. This applies to tv and movies.

NO WAY DUDE THERE IS TONS OF FORSHADOWING TOGASHI IS A GENIUS AND NOT A HACK

GON CAN TRANSFORM 10+ YEARS CAUSE KURAPIKA MADE UNBREAKABLE CHAINS

CHIMERA ANT ARC WAS A GOOD ARC EVEN THOUGH CAUSE THE LAST PANELS MADE ME CRY

I really don't remember it being like that at all. The narrator always gave some greater insight into a scene that couldn't be gleaned just from the visuals.

>GON CAN TRANSFORM 10+ YEARS CAUSE KURAPIKA MADE UNBREAKABLE CHAINS
I have no idea why this made me laugh so hard. I still love the first arc unironically though, it was such a fun and innocent adventure show.

gave it a 7. Annoys me the amount of people who cream themselves over it

Then we were watching two different shows.

The thing is hxh states the obvious as well but as you say it is serious. There is simply no need for the narrator in hxh. In Kaiji, the narrator actually affects the tone of the series and gives insightful descriptions to the mood. Another good example of a narrator is Holyland

I think the point of that 30 second arc was to demonstrate the level of hunter and the strength of the opposition involved in the 'palace infiltration' plan.

They were the best for the mission, hand picked, and they even had Gon and Killua, hunters whom had to prove themselves capable in order to join the mission, as additional back-up, whom were not intended to join the mission initially.

**spoilers**
And even despite this they were absolutely outgunned and had to improvise complicated plans utilizing their veteran skills and cunning to achieve their goals.

I think the arc is intended to illustrate how OP Dark Continent monsters are, compared to high level hunters and strong nen-users (1 star+)

and the Chimera Ants will now be the benchmark for strength.

If you rewatch the series the pacing is much better when it isn't on a week by week basis.

and when the full english series is out I think newcomers who can watch it uninterrupted will receive it much better than week by week veiwers.

TLDR:
CA arc was far too fast paced for week by week viewing, it made it feel needlessly drawn out when it actually isn't at all.

>**spoilers**
>not knowing how to use spoiler tag
Fuck off newfag.

There are better ways to demonstrate that vast strength disparity than to spend 15 episodes on something that should have taken 4. Not only that, but their strength had been proven earlier, I got the impression that this was a suicide mission before they even entered the palace. Also I watched the entire series in a week and a half, so your week by week thing doesn't apply here.

HxH2011 for the episodes leading up to the Hunter examination.
HxH1999 for Yorknew City.
HxHOVA for Greed Island.
Fuck the chimaera ant arc and the ending. It was painful to watch.

>KURAPIKA MADE UNBREAKABLE CHAINS
WRONG

>Fuck the chimaera ant arc and the ending. It was painful to watch.
This. The chimera ant arc was histerically bad. Outside of some good ideas the arc as a whole was retarded, the arc fatigue was hella strong with this one and the edginess made it even more worse.

t.speedreader

From Wikipedia

>Madhouse's 2011 adaptation has been met with near universal critical acclaim. While the series as a whole has received widespread praise,[134][135] the Chimera Ant arc in particular has been often singled out. In addition to being met with rave reviews, the arc has generated considerable discussion and analysis of its themes, symbols, characters and structure throughout and in the aftermath of its run. The arc is commonly viewed as a deconstruction of shōnen and action anime;[136][137] other readings have focused on supposed symbolic parallels with Buddhism[138][139] and nuclear war. Nick Creamer compared the arc to a “war drama”. In a lengthy essay, Creamer read the arc as a study of, and in the end a simultaneous critique and defense of human nature.[140]
>Much of the writing surrounding the arc focuses on its villain, the Chimera Ant King. Largely echoing Creamer’s conclusion, Luke Halliday, in an examination of the character, describes his story as “an exploration into what it means to be human.”[141] In the piece, Halliday describes the King's development as “one of the most interesting and captivating in anime . . . [the King's] journey is simply unforgettable” and states his own belief that the arc “will go down as one of the greatest stories told in anime”.
>Nick Creamer held similar sentiments, writing “the show’s fantastic aesthetics elevate it above almost everything out there – in direction, in sound design, in pacing, in animation, in basically every relevant aesthetic metric, Hunter x Hunter triumphs. That it’s been maintaining this level of quality for well over a hundred episodes is nothing short of astonishing.”

Why did normies like Chimera Ant?

>I watched the entire series in a week and a half, so your week by week thing doesn't apply here

That's like 12+ episodes per days. No wonder you didn't like it. It's poorly paced for watching it week by week, but it's also poorly paced for watching it in such a short amount of time. You're pretty stupid for rushing it like that.

i's 1999 until after Yorkshin, then it's the manga.

because theyre just that. normies. meanwhile you can go watch LOGH if you want to see someone actually struggle over dropping nukes, or Vinland Saga for murder. Its difficult to draw sympathy and moral equivalence with ants who came out of the womb wanting to dominate even if they come to the conclusion that not all humans are useless.

>its bad to watch week by week
>its bad to watch all at once
sounds like shit pacing to me.

>t.wikiareader

Nah, I binged up to the end of Greed Island in a few days I had off, and found it easy to digest apparent from nen initially, but by the end of Greed Island what didn't make sense to me fell into place.

Once you understand how nen works within the series everything that happens just seems to make more sense, and you also learn scale of strength between different characters with different unique traits.

Haha, this.

It didn't have not even nearly enough Chrollodeep or Gon-intelligent moments to be good.

Only Hysotards, Kurapikafucka's and Killuascum like it.

>HxH1999 for Yorknew City.

Only right thing you said. Read the manga.

Agreed
Yorkshin OVA is a 8.5

>The narrator should break the tone because I said so lol
It's not that the narration can't be redundant at times ("two doors opened") but if you faggots stopped speedreading and expecting different manga/anime in your head, you'd realize that the point of the text is to build tension. When characters talk or when narration lays out a scene, it emphasizes the consequences and that fits the strategies of HxH conflicts. It actually feels video game inspired without greed island.

Manga is really the best medium for this because it's still brisk despite all the text. Plus if you want to see a real example of "tell don't show", western comics are way more guilty than HxH.

Keep Kurapika out of your shitposting, dumb pedofag.

Reminder that this is your favorite cute ant girl.

And her Nen Exorcism ability works only on males who cum inside her and "impregnate" her.

I wouldn't be surprised, Welfin did call her a slut. She also remembers her past. She might have been a prostitute or something.

She was Gyro's girlfriend (and only his!!).

I don't think she knows Gyro but I could be wrong

Or perhaps she was just a pure maiden as a human girl and her powers are a twist on that for sure.

>it's an Sup Forums has no fucking clue what 'show don't tell' means, doesn't understand the purpose of narration, and hasn't read the manga thread

Hint: show don't tell doesn't mean words are bad and can, in fact, be done through words, narration exists for the sake of atmosphere and tension rather than just communicating information, and it is extremely unobtrusive and effective in the manga, which CONSTANTLY shows rather than tells through both the art and dialogue.

my nigga

Only Yorkshin 1999 adaptation improved the source material. Just read the manga for everything else.

these faggots in this thread probably haven't read the manga, it's impossible to communicate with them

Why does she have fur on her breasts in the anime but looks like a complete normal human in the colored manga picture?

hey one question.
I just looked about 12 episodes into the newer Anime and what should i say .. im okay with it? But i can't bring myself up to watching more.
My Friends always bothering me with watching it because there is a storyarc later on thats really fucked up and so awesome and cool and dark and edgy and oh so violent. I have no clue what the arc is called and everyone is scared telling me about it because they think i will spoiler myself. Now im asking you guys. Do you know which particular arc they mean ? And is it really worth watching through alot of episodes just to come to this point? sorry for my bad english, Germanfag here.

When she faces the camera on the next page she has the fur on her body.

The arc is Yorknew and it starts at ep 39.

Read the manga.
Why are you watching anything else other than the 1999 series and OVA's?

Is Hina a cavewoman bunny?

>read the hxh manga
>read the chrollo vs Hisoka
>limbs and people being ripped off
>the art is so shit there's not even gore and people look like dolls

That's why

>rating shonen

It's fucking shonen. You watch it because it's stupid and entertaining. It's all 6/10 if you want to be autistic about it.

>be part bunny
>"bunnies are good at breeding" (t. Officer Judy Jumps)
>Hina's special power is breeding

Bravo Togashi!

why is togashi so sexist?

It's one of the selling points of Hunter x Hunter.

Not a single one of those stereotypical "strong independent womyn" that are so popular everywhere else.

Bisky is the strongest one but she's addicted to young cock to the point of being a joke.
Not a single female "main character" at all.

Brave.

He isn't though, he's one of the few shounen mangaka that actually has variety with his female characters instead of them all being the same and looking the same.

I went for the manga because the new anime looks super uninspired to me.
Haven't watched the old one yet though.

does she like doggystyle?

Does she ever meet up with Shizuku?

why would she?

They have somewhat of similar design and clothing motives, nothing more.

A shitty reason, but I'm interested how would they react if they saw eachother.

I don't think I see it

>they have glasses
>they are polite
>they are extremely loyal
That's pretty much their only similarities.

Cheadle has very high IQ (supposedly).

Shizuku is clearly retarded, 70 IQ tops.

Blinky just sucks her memories away, if you want retarded it's right here.

seriously.
Anime can't give you this.

delet this

too many anime only youngsters on here

Wow, Machi's boyfriend is really hot. No wonder she goes behind Chrollo's back just to fucc him.

Right on, my Hisokaintellectual bro.

Gomen, gomen, I am a girl actually.

Tall for a chink.

Maybe... FOR YOU

The 99 version was better and Naruto was better before its last arc which is utter garbage.

>Naruto was better

I don't have a white fish on a black background big enough for this

Naruto is overall better directed and animated than 2011 hxh, that's for granted.
Also the characters in naruto except late sasuke are better mostly.

who cares about a manga who is never going to end?

Well, late most things are shit in naruto though.

What's the name of Hisoka's power again? And can you guys tell me what it does?

>>>/reddit/

No I dont think that was it.

>Also the characters in naruto except late sasuke are better mostly.
No.

it gets good at episode 149

"She would have thought that this was happening, if this other unrelated thing that isn't happening right now was actually the thing that was happening, but she didn't, because that wasn't what was happening"

Literally the narration in the ant arc. You call this useful insight? You're fucking retarded

I'd give it a solid 9.

Variety of characters make it really enjoyable along with the fight scenes.

I keep repeating myself but episode 131 is one of the greatest single episodes of all time.

I binge watched the entire show in a week and nearly killed myself during the ant arc because the pacing was so unbearably slow. Normally I would just quit watching if pacing is bad, but this was on such another level of bad that I literally held a razor over my wrist with a trembling hand the whole time.

Okay not really but seriously. How can you possibly think the pacing is good?

>There are people on Sup Forums who actually evaluate their own and denounce others opinions based on arbitrary numbers.

>aka Tell Don't Show: The Anime
PLEASE FUCK OFF BACK TO Sup ForumsEDDIT

148 episodes in a week? Why would you do that to yourself?

You're one of the good ones, Lelouch.

Don't remember what it's called, something about gum, which he uses to stick things together or pull them to himself.

No job that month, mild case of depression so I wasn't hanging out with friends. It was a bad time. I binge watched way more than that at the time. And I enjoyed a lot of it. The ant arc was not enjoyed.

>Also the characters in naruto except late sasuke are better mostly.

Are you fucking shitting me? Maybe you can find a bunch of characters better than Gon, but nothing better than Kurapika, Hisoka, Killua or even Lioro.

If you ask me, Chimera Ant + Election Arc up to Gon meeting his black father was the perfect time to wrap this up. It was literally the end of "Hunter Hunter" since Gon's Hunt is now over (he can't use Nen anymore and he found the Hunter he was Hunting).

If Togashi wanted to continue, he should have just made a new Hunter series, either with a new name [rubber and gum] Hunter, or a new subtitle, i.e. Hunter x Hunter - The Wild Hunt. And along with it, write Gon off permanently from the series as he's too busy doing his 3rd grader school work now. Make Kurapika, Leorio and Hisoka officially the new main main characters. Et cetera.

>Maybe you can find a bunch of characters better than Gon
>but nothing better than Killua or even Lioro.
Nice bait my man.

Come on, name some then. Go on.

Name a better written Gary Stu than Killua.

Sasuke
Kenshin
Kirito

>Killua
>Gary Stu

Literally everything about him is explained by his Nature (strong seed from his Van Halen member father / and his grandfather / and his grandfather's grandfather) and Nurture (trained from childhood, similar abilities as all the other Zoldycks, some even similar to how the butler's are trained; Killua just has slightly stronger seed inside him that grants him the superior white hair, while all the other Zoldycks are effeminate black hair trash / too much blood from the weak and useless mother).

Gon, on the other hand, has way too many positive traits for someone raised in a single mother household (the mother being represented by the aunt here), had 0 special training at all from his childhood, all he's got going for him is his Nature (being made from Ging and pure Nen /pregnancy stones).