What the fuck is Japan's problem with central heating and air?

What the fuck is Japan's problem with central heating and air?

You always see Japs laying on their porch with the door open dying in summer heat like some retards. AC is often mentioned as being unhealthy or degenerate. And when it is shown it's some piss poor one room unit.

Do they suffer the heat for glorious honoru?

I know gooks are spooked of fan death, but elevens don't buy that shit do they?

Probably just too poor to get better ones. Why do you think they love ramen so much? It's the only thing they can afford.

yuropoors dont have central heating either. Lots of them dont have whatsoever. Something I would have never known if I didnt spend my time posting with their backward asses.

Nigger, you have no idea. Every shop or restaurant there has turned up AC hard enough to freeze your balls off and at least in Tokyo, most homes have pretty good AC.
In Anime, it's just played to be funny or to make the point that someone is poor and/or lives in a shitty apartment.

houses lack insulation

Yuropoors live in a cooler climate. They don't need extensive AC.

It's simple, it costs you money to use AC.

What shitty countries are you talking about? Because at least up to Austria, every country has central heating in every house.

Most nips are poor. Doesn't help it more when they spend most of their little income behind autistic hobbies.

Poor people have no AC. Having a scene with no AC is a way to show the audience that the character is poor.

>they don't need
More like they can't afford it.

It's influenced by house construction.

Japanese houses use rather thin walls that have little to no insulation. Therefore, they don't really bother with a central heating/cooling unit and simply use electric air conditioners to cool down the one room they're in at the time.

The reason why a lot of people "die in the summer heat" intentionally is to save money.

>houses lack insulation

Why?

Bong here. Every house here has central heating, but not AC as it's so fucking dull here. On actual hot days we just boil and sit in from of fans because of no AC

>Japanese houses use rather thin walls that have little to no insulation. Therefore, they don't really bother with a central heating/cooling unit and simply use electric air conditioners to cool down the one room they're in at the time.

Why would you not insulate your house in a hot humid country?

Because they are using glorious folded one hundred time nippon steel.

They wouldn't have motivation to have a water fight, go to the poolu or go playing in the stream if they could just sit indoors cooling off all day.

>tfw yuropoor
>houses are not made of paper like in murrica or asia
>insulation keeps it cool in summer and warm in winter

How does it feel to get cucked by the ac industry?

>insulate
>hot, humid
You'd want airflow there. You don't want significant insulation. You build the house with getting the roof up in mind instead of spending your time working on the walls.

Wow. I can't believe I have to explain this sort of crap to you. Have you ever set foot to the Far East?

>die in the summer heat to save money
I am not even a poorfag and I leave my windows all open instead of running the AC. Shit is expensive.

Haven't read this in a while. Have they fucked yet?

Of course not.

I live in a humid hot area. Saying you shouldn't insulate your house because you want airflow is like saying you shouldn't build a roof because you want to let the sunlight in.

>Actually insulate the house
>Cool the house utilizing AC
>Suddenly its cool the whole time at minimal energy cost as long as windows are proofed.

Sounds to me like some retardation.

Meditereneean here, I'll take 36C with some wind over 30C with no wind any day of the week.

Tell me Mediteranean-kun. Does your people's houses come with insulation? Because seems to think it doesn't.

Depends on when it was built(mine was in 1910) and if they decided to insulate it later if it was old.
Newer ones are insulated by common sense and law, old ones are getting insulated due to the government paying over 60% cost nowdays.

>Newer ones are insulated by common sense and law, old ones are getting insulated due to the government paying over 60% cost nowdays.

Gee, it's like has never set foot in a the Mediterranean.

>house insulated to keep every bit of warmth in during harsh winters
>summer heats arrive
>sub 28C impossible even with all windows and balcony door open.

Thank god I don't live in that apartment any more. It was fucking impossible to get any actual through draft.

This. Do you live with your parents OP? AC can be expensive as fuck depending on your situation. AC units can cost a fortune, and on top of that, if you live in an apartment, for example, some apartments will charge you a surplus for using the excess electricity for it.

And therein lies the next problem: electricity consumption. Of all the devices that humans use daily that consume electricity, I'd wager that AC guzzles the most, especially if you leave it on all day to keep your house cool.

>This. Do you live with your parents OP? AC can be expensive as fuck depending on your situation

I do, infact pay my own bills. AC is indeed expensive as fuck. That's a reason to not use it. Not a reason to build a house/apartment without it. That's retarded.

Do...do you live in a place without AC?

>not using this for heating

Not heat, AC. Every place on earth has heat because human beings die in the cold.

No, but I have before. In fact, right now I'm in quite the opposite situation. I'm literally the in closest room in the house to the AC unit. My room is a fucking freezer sometimes.

What am I looking at?

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure my modern insulated house is far better than stone and wood houses or communist-block concrete apartments.

This, just put your feet in a bucket of water. That just doesn't look cute so anime won't show it.

what is this mongoloid talking about

Pellets

Pellematic heater.

As in you actually shove in wood pellets to heat your house?

No AC fag here. We have it at home but don't use it unless it gets 95 plus outside. It really isn't bad at all and the air feels so much fresher with just a window or two open instead. Humans can adapt pretty well. There's no reason to keep the house at 72 degrees all the time.

No the machine does that for you. Kindof like an oilburner but with wood pellets. Cheap as fuck but you need to clean it often and the storage of pellets can be a hazel

You know Sup Forums's meme about American houses being made of paper? It's actually fucking true about Nip houses.

I don't have any problem with not using the AC. I do have a problem with defending the lack of building a house without an AC as some kind of normal and sensical thing to do. Sure, it happens but user is reaching when he condescendingly acts like the lack of the AC is the most logical thing in the world.

Don't know but I've never even seen AC anywhere in my country.

Britbong?

shut up Yui

My neighbor has fucking pipes running out of this thing in every direction of his house.

It's so fucking warm during winter, and not in the shitty headaching way AC's do it.

No, German.

i got an AC just for my dog
never had problem with the heat, but the little guy was dying

Hello Santa

We do have central heating but AC is rare unless you're in a modern hotel or something.
I live in southern germany and my room has windows on the south side but it never gets unbearably hot. And even when it's "hot" it's only a few weeks a year so it's fine without AC.

I live in Australia and I've never lived in a house with AC. We bought a portable one recently but we hardly use it because it's expensive as fuck.

Cold country, cold people, what the fuck would you need the AC for

Should've just shaved it.

That's because your country barely breaks 25c in the summer.

>AC is often mentioned as being unhealthy or degenerate
u wot m8

i did in fact, he still was on dying mode

>tfw yuro
>tfw AC in my bedroom

That's bullshit, it does get hot here in the summer but only for a short amount of time. It's very random as well.

Basically this and to convey the warm feeling to the viewer

Insulation keeps the heat out too you doofus. Outside air is going to be warmer than indoor air. Unless your home has ten serverracks it's not going to produce much heat if it's really insulated well during the summer so keep the windows closed and only open during nighttime.

Because people who make anime are piss poor. That's why they all have such experience.

Humans can also die from heat.

What if it has a Fermi or Hawaii card?

Not unless it's like saharan temps and you're dehydrated.
The human body is pretty good at heat regulation.

But its fucking hot here in NRW

>tfw I accidentally died of fan death three times this week

Many houses in Japan and Europe are old. Houses pretty much have to be designed and built with central air and heating.

What kind of dog was this.

Actually no. Japan has made it their goal to rebuild their buildings A LOT in 10-20 years.

Not really fan death but I tend to get a really dry uncomfortable throat when I'm hit by a fan for too long so I don't like fans.

So with the lack of insulation, does that mean nips freeze their dicks off in winter?

>Many houses in Japan are old
>land of build house and tear it down in one generation
>old
Get a load of this guy

Why do you think everyone has a kotatsu.

>Turning on the air conditioner ruins your health, right?

What's the meme rating of mist fans?

That's another thing, wouldn't that suck up more energy than an AC?

Uh. but he is right. I have never ever lived in a house with a built in a/c and I live in north america.

Most people use portable ones.

No? Just get one that comes with whatever material retains heat long, so you don't have to have it on all the time.

Actually I think the lack of insulation is mostly a myth nowadays.

Kotatsu saves you energy by only heating up the area under it instead of the whole house.

Would probably be easy to make a /diy/ one just by attaching a spritzer to a dollar store fan.

That's how they do it in theme park lines.

>Uh. but he is right. I have never ever lived in a house with a built in a/c and I live in north america.
>Most people use portable ones.

Where do you live?

About 2 hours north of the us border.

So they don't heat their whole houses either? Is this why anime characters always crawl under kotatsu because the rest of the room is fucking freezing?
How can a modern industrial country be so ass backwards?

So... Los Angeles?

>About 2 hours north of the us border.

The poor kind that also has 1st world consumerist priorities.

That means in Canada.

Inbetween two ranges of mountains. Literally.

Humans are actually better evolved to handle surrounding temperature falling more than it rising. Sweating is only good if the humidity isn't too high thereby allowing the sweat to evaporate and actually cool us down.

They don't have shit for energy resources. Pretty much all of it has to be imported.

Well of course you don't have AC. Try living in Arkansas.

I don't plan on killing myself, thanks.

Nobody here would survive 110 °f weather( that's 40 °c for you eurotrash.)

>Live in Northern Canada
>Still cold as shit during the winter, despite having central heating

I need to wear a fucking jacket indoors I fucking hate this place.

how far north

I've been thinking of doing my Doctorate in Canada. The cold climate is just an added bonus.