Koe no Katachi will flop and be a mediocre anime caked in filters just like everything Yamada has directed

>Koe no Katachi will flop and be a mediocre anime caked in filters just like everything Yamada has directed
>Hibike 2 will be melodramatic yuribait garbage just like season 1, and everyone knows KyoAni sequels are always bad
>Violet Evergarden will require KyoAni to leave their comfort zone and thus it will be shit just like Phantom World

How would you save KyoAni?

spamming and flooding are forbidden by global rule 10

>Koe no Katachi will shape the future of Japan
>Hibike 2 will be better than S1 because of their great track record for sequels
>VEG will be a masterpiece

Can't fucking wait. TYBKA.

The studiowar quota is still full.

>because of their great track record for sequels
Not even the most ardent KyoAnusfags believe this.

The only kyoani show I've watched that got a sequel was Keion. That wasn't bad!

>K-On S2
>After Story
>Tamako Love Story
>Free S2

>>K-On S2
Decent
>>After Story
Mediocre and overrated
>>Tamako Love Story
Was even worse than Tamako Market.
>>Free S2
0/10

Kyoani will be fine, they have good projects coming up and are building a new studio.

The real question is how to save shaft? They will die as slaves at this rate.

3 gatsu will save anime.

Can't you fags just make a studiowar-general?

Is KyoAni the only studio that pumps out better sequels 99% of the time?

Probably.

I won't respect KyoAni until they can make at least a half decent manime.

K-On movies.

>he didn't watch it

Woah, that's a serious case of retardation right there.

>He didn't watch Nichijou or Phantom sales
smhaytbqhfamalam.

Free was garbage. Also:
>Conveniently omitting the unnecessary trash that was Chuunibyou s2

Free's S2 was better.
>Conveniently omitting the unnecessary trash that was Chuunibyou s2
Why would the sole exception be there?

Chu2 S2 was amazing

Sad to see people use this as a meme since most studios aren't very high on the producers list anyways. Just goes to show how stupid anime fans really are.

But Kyoani is on top of the production committee so it's fair to mock studios who don't even show up on the committee like Shaft and Meka.

Reminder that KyoAni wouldn't want you to bully the weak.

What's wrong with Phantom World?
It looked amazing, animation was flawless, characters were pretty nice and very well designed, music was fantastic, OP and ED were awesome, Enigma was a pretty cool villain, the concept was nice and the world was fun, the intros with Haruhiko were a nice touch, fanservice was good
Easily a 9/10

Kyoani is one of the few studios that can do that. Does a studio making money justify your taste?

>9/10
>hello mal

Shaft is probably envious of Kyoani. They've been around longer but have yet to accomplish nearly as much.

Literally no matter how well it does it will flop.

The industry is dying out honestly. There are very few studios making any kind of profit, and the only stuff people want to buy is otaku-pandering garbage. KyoAni has the benefit of stellar animation and of having moe blobs in every show they make, but ultimately if they don't keep trying to do other stuff, they're gonna tank eventually.

KnK will sell 400m at most.

That's like half the world population

b8

Why reply to such obvious bait anyway?

Because it hurts ppl when their baits are treated as bait

The story was insultingly bad

Meh, I wouldn't say so
The concept itself was really good and interesting, it was just underdeveloped

You just have shit taste then, almost everybody else agreed it was a 6/10 at best.

You didn't even refute anything I said

What do other people's opinions have to do with anything?

4/10 at best.

>People want to see a good studio like Kyoani fail.
Why.

Kyoani as a studio producing anime is new but they are also really old if you count their subcontracting days for Sunrise and even earlier.

Success breeds jealousy.

I generally found it more satisfying to simply reply to a bait post and calling it out as bait while at the same time replacing the two pointers with an @ instead.
It triggers the baitposter a lot more that they're being responded but aren't given a notification through the red exclamation mark in the clover icon, making them give you their (You)s instead of getting (You)s themselves.

Just don't overdo it, because mods might consider that as some sort of spam if you do it all the time.
"Forgetting" the second or both pointers is a good alternate way to call the baitpointers out without overdoing it.

>good studio

Good at using filters maybe.

this
great, not good.

A truckload of fertilizer parked outside their door.

Has Shinbo or any of their staff ever said anything good (or bad) about Kyoani? For that matter, has Kyoani ever said anything about Shaft?

True, but it's the same for shaft only they were established a couple years earlier. Although if you were to just compare modern shaft aka Simbo shaft then them and Kyoani both started doing their own shows at around the same time. Of course since then Kyoani has gone independent while shaft remains slaves.

Why isn't it? Remember how when the Free movie underperformed Kyoanihaters were saying they'd be dead in a year?

Now it turns out Shat is getting two thirds of their profits milked away by their overlords to the point that they are literally on Aniplex life support, and Kizu will probably sell less than the Free movie. How long before Aniplex tells them, "You have failed us for the last time?"

What story?

They used to make references to Kyoani in SZS. Although a lot of studios have referenced Kyoani

Don't think Kyoani has ever mentioned other studios, none of them have twitter I believe. There was that one time when Yamakan was talking shit and they made a statement saying "he was not part of their studio anymore" or something along those lines.

This. Threadly reminder that literally everything Shit has since 2009 done not named Monogatari or Madoka has bombed. If not for those they'd be down with IG and Bones in terms of their hit rate.

No. Smaller studios tend to not comment on other studios. Directors on the pther hand talk a lot about Kyoani. Imaishi, Hosoda, Shinkai and Yamakan all said great day things about KyoAnus. But honestly those were probably all attempts to get into Yamada's pants.

IG is so big they could flop everything in the coming 5 years and would be fine. Bones on the other hand really should thank the producer that keeps picking them specifically each time.

If I praise KyoAni, would I have a chance to get into Yamada's pants?

>But honestly those were probably all attempts to get into Yamada's pants.
I know you're retarded, but how would internet praise help them to get in Yamada's pants?

Aniplex uses Shaft the most (outside of A1) Because they give them the most profit. If that means I get more Shaft because of Aniplex then im fine by that. Besides most studios see no profit or debt.

How can people compare studios finances when each studio has a differnt buisness model. And I doubt much of Sup Forums understands buisness let alone the anime industry. Just a bunch of parroting memes being throw around and being held as fact.

Remember when everyone used to think budget = animation quality. Sup Forums and most anime fans in the west don't know shit about what they are talking about.

If you've read Hosoda and Yamakan's tweets and blogs you'll know why. Especially Hosoda talked about how cute she looked and how much of a fine lady she is. Dude is trying to hit it.

>each studio has a differnt buisness model

Good point, Kyoani clearly wants to grow and flourish as an independent company while shaft clearly wants to remain as obedient little slaves.

It looks like KyoAni's next goal is becoming mainstream. I wish them luck.

Aniplex uses Shaft because their shows are low budget. Read the Hidamari sketch interviews where the producer said Shaft had to rely on unusual animation techniques because of the budgeting problems. Also every Shaft anime not named Madoka or Bake flopped hard.
They manged to flop Kagerou Daze. That's quite the accomplishment considering the franchise was top 5 biggest media franchise in 2013.

If flourishing means they give me great animation with shitty stories then I rather them be slaves. Their external source projects are much better than their IPs.

I doubt that. If they wanted that they would oush for a better time slot. You can't push into mainstream while only producing late night anime. Hopefully Kondasha can provide them a mainstream time slot.

>Tamako
>Hibike
>Koe no Katachi
These are better than anything Kyoani ever produced and they all come with Kyoani on top of the production committee.

VEG is going for an international audience. They should have tried that with Koe no Katachi first though.

Nisekoi was a success and boosted the source material to great lengths. SJW adaptions care more for the boost. That's how we get Soma and Assclass sequels. Again people are comparing things that don't need to be compared. There is more to business than that. MCA flopped yet they are making a second season and a movie. Ya I bet Aniplex is totally mad. Most studios won't even break 50k in their life time. Shaft did though. How is discrediting their biggest sucess a valid point?

You realize that the more aniplex works with them the more they get paid. Virtually no studio gets disc sales revenue apart from inhouse studios, which is rare. They get paid to animate and the more aniplex uses them the more they get paid. Look at other studios finances. You will either see no profit or debt.

Tamako good? Oh how the times changed. I guess the moment people started caring about directors they begin to overrate Yamada's project.

Now with Crunchyroll and Funimation partnering up to not engage in asinine price wars for license rights anymore, perhaps KyoAni ought to try their luck with Daisuki.

But Tamako was always considered good outside of the last episode. Many people consider Ep 9 the best tv episode in the 2010s.
Mekaku is getting another revival because the franchise went down the gutter in popularity after the Shaft anime. Kagerou Daze didn't make it in the top 10 grossing media franchises pf 2014 and 2015. Shaft literally killed Jin's love child.

But Kyoani isn't part of the Japan Anime consortium so I doubt Daisuki would care about them. And honestly money in the west especially Eirope wouldn't come by internet streaming but by TV slots.

>Jin literally killed his own series trying to script that shit

A guy with no experience scripting for TV shouldn't be trusted to do it anyways, but Aniplex probably thought it was a good move with the fans. Too bad shaft are powerless and couldn't veto the idea.

Not even KyoAni's worst directors are anywhere near this bad.

What's bad about this scene?

Looks like 90's American cartoons

Looks like they forgot to add those inbetweens

Shaft was a mistake.

Post the Owari coffee scene

Why are kyofags so insecure that they have to attack other studios? Shouldn't you feel too superior to do that?

>kyoani thread
>no discussion about kyoani anime

The one that sold 28k average?

>kyoto animation
>never set in kyoto
why is this allowed

TFW your a madhousefag and no one talks shit about your goat studio.

Hibike is set in Kyoani hometown

>mfw Kumiko goes to visit Kyoani HQ

But Hibike is set across the river of the Kyoani buildings .

Please. I'm a madhouse fag and shaftfags and especially Kyoanifags will shit talk madhouse to death out of insecurity that their "team" is worse.

>what is tamako

Shit.

>animation
This is a drama with photoshop filters

Yeah people tend to let dead studios like Madhouse and Gainax go. They had a good run but they're not worth talking about anymore.
Yep. Great marketing by Aniplex and they gained a fuckton of money because of it.

70% of Sup Forums think madhouse>kyoani. Its just a small number of samefags hyping up kyoani. In Japan no one cares about them. Which is why their series will flop 1 by 1.

A masterpiece.

>TFW your a madhousefag and no one talks about your shit studio
FTFY

>In Japan no one cares about them
You mean Badhouse?

>Photoshop filters
If you actually paid attention you'd notice that they only use AE filters. Made by Prima Linea so I kinda don't understand how they got a first party french studio to lend them their filters for anime production.

Why are GAINAX considered legendary when they have one only good film, one good OVA, and one good television anime?