Fare thee well old timer

Fare thee well old timer

And nothing of value was lost

top kek Oda

See you, space policeman.

It is announced that Kochikame tribute collaboration series, called Minna no Kochikame, going to start on Issue 44 of Shounen Jump.

Issue 44: Horikoshi Kouhei (author of Boku no Hero Academia), Asou Shuuichi (author of Saiki Kusuo no Sainan), Numa Shun (author of Samon-kun wa Summoner), Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi (author of Toriko), Tsukuda Yuuto (story author of Shokugeki no Souma)
Issue 46: Tamura Ryuuhei (author of Beelzebub)
Issue 48: Nakama Ryou (author of Isobe Isobee Monogatari)
Issue 49: Komi Naoshi (author of Nisekoi)
Issue 50: Shinohara Kenta (author of Sket Dance)
Issue 51: Shiibashi Hiroshi (author of Nurarihyon no Mago)
Issue 52: Matsui Yuusei (author of Ansatsu Kyoushitsu)

What is going to be Akimoto's new work.

and What will be the new Kochikame now?

Also, Akimoto Osamu (author of Kochikame) going to release four works (not sure whether it'll be series or one shot) on upcoming winter.

Grand Jump: Black Tiger
Ultra Jump: Ii Yu Dane!
Weekly Young Jump: Kyouto Jogakuin Monogatari
Jump SQ: Mr. Clice

Lame.

>user's obituary

Wow, they're pulling out all the stops for this. This is much more than what Slam Dunk got.

>that female sameface

It's because this series is actually funny.

Cool it would be great if we can get some different short stories from him. I doubt he'll go for a long serialized manga after Kochikame.

Of course, this shit's been running for 40 years user.

Oda is dying inside isn't he.

I find it amazing that this never even once got considered to be cancelled. It is such an old timer of a manga. Like, I swear that it was supposed to stop sometime in the 90s but someone just forgot and by the time they realized it had been going for over 20 years, they were like "fuck it"

>and What will be the new Kochikame now?
One Piece is officially the oldest manga in Jump now

40 years nigga.

40 years without missing a SINGLE issue

I keep forgetting to get around to scanning this.

He never got sick?

Is it really over? Is Japan on suicide watch?

If he did, he had chapters stockpiled up so they could run them. There's literally not a single issue of Jump from the one it started in until next week without Kochikame in it.

It's been zombie-Simpsons tier for more than a decade.

Most people are just nostalgic.

But can One Piece run for 40 years?

>>It's been zombie-Simpsons tier for more than a decade.
To be fair, in Japan that means nothing.

Hell Shin-chan's mangaka is dead and they're still running the anime

Ashihara's comment is exactly how I feel now.

>Hell Shin-chan's mangaka is dead and they're still running the anime
The manga too, even.

>female
One of them has a femile penis

2016 is not a meme.

>female
user...

This is rather creepy.

oh shit

To be fair it's technically a sequel (New Crayon Shin-chan) and in a different magazine, but yeah.

The way the mangaka died helps nothing.

So are we going to figure out who all these artists are?

What about JoJo.

>JoJo
Has taken breaks, only a little over 25 years, and hasn't even been in WSJ for over a decade.

Shima's is obvious

There are more Jump mags than I thought, dang.

Shueisha's entire male demographic of magazines uses the Jump brand.

I wonder if anyone's gonna pick this up since it's done

The ones I can tell are Oda's is on the bottom right corner of the page that gets cut off. Toriko's artist is on the right of center doing the V sign. Hinomaru's artist is giving a thumbs up left of the bells. I can't recognize any of the others.

I'd say bottom left and bottom center in the left page are Shun Saeki (Shokugeki) and Sorachi (Gintama).
The weird one in the middle of the right page must be from the Isobee mangaka, and the one below him (and next to Shimabukuro's) from Saiki Kusuo's mangaka

Doubtful. I do think somebody will translate the final chapter just out of curiosity's sake, maybe MS will do it like they did for Nisekoi.

Nah, Oda's version is in the magazine cover (the other one's in the cover are Horikoshi and Haikyuu's mangaka, I think). I haven't seen much of the manga itself, but I believe the bottom right one (the one who's cut) may be from Black Clover

I think the one left of center giving the salute is Horikoshi's

Wait till you see all the defunct ones.

What he said

>Translating 40 years of material
No

That's not even half of them.
Weekly Shonen Jump
Jump Giga
Saikyo Jump
Jump SQ
Jump SQ.Crown
Weekly Young Jump
Miracle Jump
Ultra Jump
Grand Jump
Grand Jump Premium

And that's just the ones that are currently being published. There's also Jump+ and Tonari no Young Jump if you want to count digital ones.

>tfw Kochikame in Araki style

muh dick

When love goes under glass, it never ever lasts!
あばよ!

Sounds like an insane idea. I'll think about it

So what happened in the last chapter? Did one of his schemes finally work?

js06 please

Understatement.

Chief retired, Ryotsu became the new chief of the station and married Komachi.

>and What will be the new Kochikame now?

Probably Isobee.

>spoiler
Is that true, or a troll? I was under the impresion she is an anime only character

>On September 12, 2009, Usui's family reported him missing from his hometown of Kasukabe when Usui did not return from hiking in nearby Gunma Prefecture. On September 19, 2009, a body with clothes matching those described in the report filed by Usui's family was found at the bottom of a cliff at Mount Arafune in Gunma.[2][3][4] The body was identified by dental records and family members the next day as being that of Usui.[5] His camera was recovered and the final shot was taken from the cliff.[6][7]

You're not lying are you?

This is Ashihara

Yeah that's his coloring all right

It was a great loss

>but I believe the bottom right one (the one who's cut) may be from Black Clover
Nope Haikyuu

Hopefully not

That's already the designated heir to Jaguar.

Was this the reason other mangas had ruined shots with that 3 eyebrow thing?

>ruined
>implying implications
Yes, they there because of Kochikame's end.

>3 eyebrow
It's a monobrow user

>Kochikame finally ending

It's over, Jump is finished.

he's talking about this user

>Oda's reply

How can one man be so based?

W-where is Togashi?

Not three eyebrows, it's literally shaped like a 3.

No commentary for the lazy.

That author comment section is for series actually running on the magazine, Kochikame just happened to the talk of the week.

Most likely there is a full memorial with other authors saying their farewells somewhere else, Akira Toriyama had his word and special chapter for Kochikame's 30th anniversary even though Akira wasn't doing anything at Jump by them..

Do you really need to ask?

Might as well post all of the tribute art.

>tfw you will never be free

Now this makes the only Jump series to ever get tribute art twice.

30th anniversary
40th anniversary (end)

Yabuki actually made like a four-page special crossover. Don't have it on me, though.

At least Oda likes his job. Otherwise, he'd start to wind everything down sooner.

That does make me wonder, though. How do mangaka feel that no matter how many past or future manga they draw, they'll only be known for their most popular work? I mean, Toriyama isn't known as "The Dr. Slump guy", and we only remember Black Cat when Yabuki puts in cameos in TLRD.

Coulda sworn Naruto or Dragonball had a second one too. Maybe even Jojo.

What a boss. He doesn't need to suck up because he can't be fired.

I don't recall Naruto getting a second one.

Also Dragonball technically doesn't count because the 2nd one wasn't during serialization, or during its end, it was simply celebrating its 30th anniversary long after the manga had ended.

>Bleach doesn't get any

so much for the "Big 3"

Big 3 is a term the west came up with, this was never the case in Japan, even though Bleach used to have massive popularity once.

Man, Tite can make anything hot and melancholic, huh?

Bleach did get a few crossover pics in one of its databooks.

I'm surprised that Yusuke Murata didn't do anything for Kochikame's 40th. Wonder what he's up to now.

playing Dragon Quest

Specifically, these were from Bleach's 13th anniversary. Weird milestone, but whatever.

No idea who most of the mangaka who did stuff here are. The previous pic with the five Mayuris was Kishimoto, obviously.

where at? I don't see it

Psi-nan's mangaka did the left pic, obviously.

And pretty sure Murata did Kenpachi in a football helmet.

So, did he kill himself, or did he just trip over and died?

Here.

>no Takehiko Inoue