Dude you have to journey into the belly of the whale that is your father to defeat the dragon which hoards gold so you...

>dude you have to journey into the belly of the whale that is your father to defeat the dragon which hoards gold so you can make something from its bones lmao

What is his fucking problem?

he wants to sell snake oil to retarded altrighters

his schtick is being the father you never had

its a good one, and net positive to our society

This.

If you don't understand his rhetoric, it's because you don't have the ability to entertain the thoughts he introduces to you; which means you may be a dum dum.

You're not smart enough for the ultimate redpill.

Sup Forums

>psychology
>Sup Forums
it's /his/ and /lit/ actually

>it's a JPB labels anything he doesn't like postmodernism episode

>it's a JBP trying to get to the bottom of things episode.

take on some responsibility, bucko. stop being so pathetic

even if you disagree with his views on philosophy or believe he's over hyped you can never, ever, in any way legitimately believe that he is anything but a massive fucking benefit to society, because at the most fundamental level all he wants is for people to take control of themselves, better themselves, and in turn better the world. For that reason alone, I will always defend JBP

sorry, just getting that out of the way because there are always the inevitable retards who don't like him for some reason who come in and say "hurr he wuz wrong about calling dis one ting post-modernism so no 1 should listen to him he's a pseudo-intellectual lmao" and it's like dude fuck off, all the guys wants is for people to fucking be responsible for themselves and their decisions, and frankly I'm extremely happy he's as popular as he is

>It's a smart people know postmodernism is retarded episode

>it's a cringy JBP fans unironically use words and expressions like "bucko", "bloody" and "in my estimation" in their youtube and leddit comments episode

you're right

>Its a "Claim truth is entirely relative to what I (JBP) think is good, but im not post modernist is swear!" episode
>Its a "Claim the left invented identity politics in america when its literally a response to centurys old pro anglo christian identity politics of the right." episode
>Its a "Conflating postmodernism with marxism despite them being axiomatically opposite" episode

JBP tv is great!

is there any other man on the planet who is more TO BE FAIR-core?

One last thing to add to this

>Its a "shitting on liberals for the feintist whiff of progressivism and being "da slippery slope to cobunism" while maintaining a large fanbase that consists of self described white nationalists/nazis, going on talk shows with "race realists" etc etc and failing to address that cancer within his fanbase" episode

Even Ben Shapiro who is way more overtly combatative and antagonistic actively and bluntly shuns these people.

it's pathological to it's very BEING. and that's nawt a good road to go down. i tell my students this all of the time in fact when we read Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn's book Gulag Archipelago

He's just a more rhetorically sophisticated tradcon boomer who blames all of modern society's problems on men not "manniung up" and ignores the issues that have caused young men to check out from society, like the rise of feminism and the inability to find a woman worth marrying.

this

Has anyone done the self-authoring program of his?
It sounds interesting

Repackaged Christian Social Conservativism: the Person

Feminism didn't cause men to check out of society. I know it's a shit-tier ideology, but you can't use it as a scapegoat for everything wrong with the world.

The bullshit amount of expectations placed on young guys did it more than anything.

>he wants to sell snake oil to fatherless altrighters
ftfy

>feintist
faintest.

>being nutty is ok as long as you're right about some things and you try to help people
He's not exempt from criticism just because he has good intentions

>you can never, ever, in any way legitimately believe that he is anything but a massive fucking benefit to society
That's a huge stretch.

>implying it's a bad thing: the post

He's very much a product of the postmodern condition he gets off on wrongly attributing to others. For as much as he preaches against postmodernism and relativism, he fails to see that it's he who is forming the very metanarratives that Lyotard and others were concerned with, particularly his stringing together movements and historical events and conflation of things he has no formal training in. He's guilty of bending the truth, to shoehorn his own overarching narratives into a mythological metanarrative, where he's currently attempting to break the fourth wall and become a hero himself. It's a bloated tragicomedy that involves frog culture and martyrdom.

His shtick all but comes with a wink and a nudge, where the boundaries between his sermons and the mythology of his personal life are breaking away. It's a very postmodern situation where irony is dripping from every facet of this man's existence. I don't even know if he knows he's in on his own joke. Either way, it's meta as fuck.

He has a very immature relation with philosophy, where he misinterprets Nietzsche while appropriating his ideas to preach against sjws, Marxists, Stalinists, communists, feminists, his colleagues, lawyers, and transgender peoples. He also uses Nietzsche to fortify the importance of Christianity. It's absurd. He removes Nietzsche from historical context and attempts to extend his philosophy into the twenty-first century. He treats the contextual conditions by which to examine Nietzsche's philosophy as shackles rather than variables that aided in its inception. Much like the Nazis he's against did (that's literal and not a figurative Nazi reference). (1/3)

He invokes Dostoevsky, but being a scholar myself, I can attest that these invocations are nothing more than fashion statements to pad the importance of God in every day life through The Grand Inquisitor and vague iterations of "If God does not exist, everything is permitted". He's contributed nothing of value to Russian studies, and has nothing interesting to say about Dostoevsky, Solzhenitsyn, or Russian literature in general. Here he again attempt to reenact Dostoevsky's execution by firing squad by painting the Marxists and postmodernists as the Siberian prison guards. And his pronunciation of Russian names sucks.

If you want the good-good intro to Russians and Slavs, whether language, culture, or literature, I suggest Irwin Weil of Northwestern in Chicago who'll answer your emails and isn't indentured to Patreon donors!

If you like conspiracy theories, have a slightly antisemitic bent, or need a universal whipping boy to attribute your personal frustrations toward history and current events on... have we got scapegoat for you! Cultural Marxism is back and better than ever baby! Known in Petersonian parlance as neo-Marxists, feminists, transgender folks, liberals, philosophers, Canadian lawyers, human rights, lesbian social workers, baristas, PBS, Whinnie the Pooh, and others, cultural Marxists are Gramsci-worshiping libtards who don't respect freeze peaches. Of Grammatology is a book written in bloody Marxist code, that only Peterson can break like a second-rate Alan Turing. Like Zarathustra, he appears with the one true enough truth, only his cave is in internet tubes and not on a mountain.
(2/3)

But thats all literally true.

His students are obsessed with understanding literature and philosophy as Peterson understands it, and not the mainstream interpretations of the works. For example, they commonly convene to interpret Das Kapital without reading the text itself, relying on a trained psychologist who I'm sure hasn't read the primary text. This sloppy scholarship is (surprise!) a magnet for frogs, Le Pen supporters, and people obsessed with the genitalia and bedroom antics of others.

Has he read a little James, Rorty, and the Communist Manifesto? Maybe. Has he read The History of Sexuality, Capital, or Simulacra and Simulation? I doubt it. For if he had, he'd know that the people he refers to as postmodern were very fearful of the same conditions that Peterson himself is fearful of. I think when all this outrage culture moves on, his pupils may either move on as well, or will be turned on by a Dostoevsky or Baudrillard to pursue their own studies and that's the best we can hope for.

Peterson is a sloppy teacher when he steps beyond the bounds of psychology.
(3/3)

Link the reddit thread you took this from

its from somewhere in r/samharris

>they commonly convene to interpret Das Kapital without reading the text itself

Actually Marxists do this too, though. For all the debate there is about Communism and what Karl Marx wrote, very few people seem to have read a fucking thing by the man.

The Communist Manifesto doesn't count because it's 30 pages long.

>brainlet libcucks can't understand him
Is he the Rick and Morty of philosophy?

People who hate on Peterson are extroverts without the capacity for abstract thinking. They also hate BvS.
Plebs are gonna pleb.

isn't that just satanism

There's so many middle aged men giving "sage" advice on youtube to these poor bastards and they eat it up, also make sure to buy the new gfuel alpha powder, it helped me turn from beta to ALPHA

>post-modernist thought is the death of western civilization
>brb going mental with "death of the author" to rope literally every story every told into my headcanon

>implying it isn't

I just started listening to him a few days ago and it changed my life immediately. He's legit. Fuck off.

You can't start to change society without changing yourself. And instead of whining, he gives advices
that can improve your life quality. Most of his lectures are focused on understanding yourself better, instead of trying to shape you in the way he wants. He is a true lecturer and teacher.

>literally crying in his new year's video because FEEmales are allowed to have jobs

lmfao

What caused men to checkout was the fact that a significant proportion of boys born in the 80s and 90s didn't grow up with proper father figures and came from broken single mother homes. They weren't taught how to be men and we're instead given feminist approved blue pilled shit about masculinity from their mothers and educational system that destroyed any prospect of them leading a functional adult lives. Not to mention single mother homes are a breeding ground for the long term mentally ill, criminals, rapists, Neets etc. What caused the huge jump in single motherhood? Feminist approved government policies like no fault divorce, single mother welfare, gynocentric divorce courts etc. I'm willing to bet that most in the alt right came from unstable single mother homes, which is why they're so drawn to father figures like Stephan Molyneux and Jordan Peterson and why they seem to hate women. They are in fact the collateral damage of the feminist movement, looking out for revenge. And their movement will inevitably grow larger because we have normalised single mother broken homes in the US, and our society seems more concerned about hurting the feelings of degenerate single mothers than the children who end up getting fucked the most by the system.

Is Pinocchio fun, I haven't seen it since I was like 5.

>GOD who are these middle age guys giving traditional fatherly advice free over YouTube

Yeah what a total asshole, spreading traditional values to the young people of america.

Peterson is going to be on Jocko's podcast today. Get hype.

This is just some Marxist faggot thinking that being long winded=intelligent.

If you cant criticize Peterson in a cogent and short few sentences you are most likely obfuscating because you have no real criticisms of him or your a fucking faggot butt sniffer.

Brevity is the sole of wit you motherfucking dyke.

>using Sup Forums buzzwords like marxist
Opinion discarded nigger

>it's another episode of a man giving basic bitch advice to a bunch of losers and making millions on patreon

the reason men check out of society is the extreme proliferation of video games, tv-series and other forms of instant-gratification entertainment.

Society used to move forward because men felt compelled to do something productive with their time, now that the same sense of accomplishment can essentially be synthesized, men aren't as productive.

>Marxist
>buzzword

literally you may be retarded

fuck off yank

>an entire ideology is a/pol/ buzzword
They're stronger than ever

>When you are such a piece of work that even imageboards don't dare touch you

>it is another JPB is actually pomo in disguise

It is fine if this faggot wants to be the modern era- The Secret, but his followers are insufferable about it

Name some things he's called postmodernism that weren't

>For if he had, he'd know that the people he refers to as postmodern were very fearful of the same conditions that Peterson himself is fearful of.

This is proof enough that you're either disingenuous or a retard who copied this crap from elsewhere.

It’s kind of funny how true this is. All the guys I know and have seen who were raised primarily by single mothers are all now either consumerist good goy numales or full-blown Nazis. It’s like you can only either embrace the effeminate materialism or you backlash so hard you end up completely outside the generally “acceptable” political spectrum. Not surprising to be quite honest family.

I feel like people who watch Jordan don't have a father.

Wait, what does he sell? I’ve watched a good amount of his lectures and clips on YouTube and I’ve never seen an ad or plug for any product. If he’s trying to sell me something he’s doing a shit job at it.

check his patreon account buddy

So most of the replies itt sound butthurt as fuck over jp's message. What shithole were you spawned at? You're not Sup Forums regulars I'm betting

back when it used to show how much he was making it was at 16k a month

It's cool to insult the nonexistent alt-right. Apparently standing up for free speech is now right wing, even though Jordan Peterson is a liberal. I don't understand why this thread was even posted on Sup Forums. This is literally a Sup Forums tier bait thread and you need to go the fuck back.

Nearly every YouTuber has one, nearly all of them more pushy about it than he is. Probably because he has a day job and isn't dependent on it.

we have the privilege of witnessing a holy man, those who feel uncomfortable instead of invigorated by his message are lost souls that should reform asap

>waaaaah stop making me self conscious about me being a lazy sack of shit, da feminism is keeping the white man down!
>why can't I find a qty mommy to give me cummies

Lefties hate him because he's better than them at recruiting disillusioned young men because his message of self-improvement and responsibility is so much more appealing

his problem is overly materialistic chucklefucks with no self-awareness/capacity to introspect or co-dependent narcissists who are too smart to excuse their reckless malfeasance

This. Feels so weird to me seeing so many dudes with daddy issues. There can't possibly be that many single mom kids.
Same goes for people that seem to be looking for a mom instead of a partner.

I did it when it was free, around the time he first appeared on JRE. It unironically cured my depression.

>What is his fucking problem?
The postmodernists. He's pretty clear about this.

>marxism
>buzzword

Neck yourself

He sells a $30 Self-Authoring program which I bought and was genuinely impressed with.

He also takes home 70k per month on Patreon.

way to avoid naming the actual problem. It's not postmodernism, it's the people who push it.

Its over a quarter of the developed world my man. His advice was genuinely helpful to a poor bastard life myself. I wish he was around when I was in high school.

>It's not postmodernism, it's the people who push it.
That would be the postmodernists

get a load of this retard

See here. Nearly half of kids born today are fatherless. You underestimate the roastie single mother problem.

lazy cop-out of the spoon fed prole

"clean your room"

left/pol/- " yeh well I am going to make a thread on a Sup Forums board about how you are a poopy head"

I think it's largely unknown or not seen as much of an issue because the media and academia have done great job of ignoring the problem, and anyone who raises concerns about the alarming growth of single motherhood are shouted down as MRAs or sexist, and being called sexist is the new Nazi

he supplements identity with myths and abstract ideas, which is what all (((centrists))) and (((moderates))) do to make sense of all the world'd problems

IT'S ALL VIDEOGAMES FAULT!
IT'S ALL TELEVISIONS FAULT!
IT'S ALL MOVIES FAULT!
IT'S ALL MUSICS FAULT!
IT'S ALL SCHLOCK LITERATURE'S FAULT!
IT'S ALL PEASANTS READINGS FAULT!
IT'S ALL THE INVENTION OF WRITINGS FAULT! One of my favorite anecdotes is the relation that Aristotle thought writing made men lazy and stupid and that the written word killed good academics, because it permitted retaining more knowledge than could be memorized.

You're gonna tell me this is a trap right?

>you have to dedicate your life to a political party and a political ideology
>please stop swing voting for rightwing and always vote liberal or we will insult you

>He's a psychologist

More succinct and accurate.

Jee, you can also say all these entertainment is doing better job than everything in history so far. Because the only men who will reproduce and move society forward is the ones who can ignore instant gratification.

Sup Forums here.

He's a christ cuck and pure reddit.

I don't shit on him often, but with posts like this it's hard not to.

Marxist isn't inherently a buzzword, but the way Sup Forums uses it is. I mean the fact that Sup Forums and the alt right don't even understand what marxism and use it interchangeably with communism should tell you that its a buzzword.

Its ok but not as great as "Dad" Peterson makes it out to be.

You could analyze an episode of My Little Pony in the same way he does for Pinocchio and conclude that its a monumental work of art and mythology.

>He doesn't want to earn brownie points with rabid lefitsts by condemning people who aren't opposed to him

If he did """"disavow"""" ethnic nationalists more rabidly, would that make mentally ill leftists like him anymore? No.

So why do it?

>I mean the fact that Sup Forums and the alt right don't even understand what marxism and use it interchangeably with communism should tell you that its a buzzword.

The fact that you posted this embarrassing faggotry tells everyone you're from reddit.

>oh, that's not REAL Marxism, here, listen to my niche definition ONLY

No thanks.

>There can't possibly be that many single mom kids.
There are.
t. child of a double divorcee
If any roasties are reading this: your teenage son is not your husband, don't unload your emotional baggage onto him.

always with you centrist fags assuming that if you aren't le kekistan sargon fan then you're a hardline party loyalist, kys

Case in point right here. What do you think marxism is?

>nu-Sup Forums reaction image
>download.png

>>>/reddit/

I saw it last week. For some reason they called it Blade Runner 2049.

Something invented by kikes that interests other kikes and gullible goys.

Am I close?

I haven an alternate - An a series of political and economic theories that when applied to nations causes them to become dysfunctional shitholes full of malnourished faggots with no central heating?