ITT: Disappointments

ITT: Disappointments

Not necessarily bad, mind you. But, you came in with high expectations and the anime just plain didn't deliver.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sn-3Sc7Yd8o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First episode was really strong, but it got progressively weaker, by the time they introduced that engrish girl I gave up caring about it

The recent Berserk anime

>character is american spy
>speaks engrish
how

These 'secret institutes that are experimenting on children' "twists" need to stop.

Hokuto no Ken: Ichigo Aji
it was another DD Hokuto no Ken with somehow worse jokes, at least on the last 3 minutes or so there was Ichigo Aji animations

You can accedently gain an accent along the way.

This and this.

Don't watch BECK.

I was expecting spy intrigue and I got "[pic]: the anime" instead.

These are the reasons why I never commit myself on any series of the upcoming seasons until I have seen at least one episode of each. Most of the stuff I feel is worth looking forward to is actually shit when I watch it and other series that looked generic or stupid are turn out to be enjoyable.

I thought the creators of Death Note making a manga about life as a mangaka would be interesting, but it was pretty boring and standard.

post hyouka kyoani
caught up with their stuff and only really liked amagi

actually for me it's good, it was the best anime that year.

I blame myself for giving this high hopes desu

We could have had another Another. Instead we got a wet fart.

First episode was a lot of fun. I gave up around episode six when the pirates were too afraid to shoot down the antagonist who was shooting civilians three feet away.

Another is overrated as fuck. The threads for both shows were the best thing about them.

>mfw Galileo is building a flying machine

It's like they wanted to go with Da Vinci for the anime, but went with Galileo at the last minute because of reasons.

SAO: Shit Ass Overrated

>it was the best anime of that year
>ping pong the animation came out the same year

You sure about that?

Coppelion. Same season as that. Was expecting cute girls doing STALKER things, got... fucking nothing.

You misunderstand me then. I don't think Another is good. But the sheer madness of it + Sup Forums threads made it a great viewing experience. Mayoiga was boring and the threads were okayish.

How can you have such shit taste?

This. Plus I also loved feMC from Another. Mayoiga had crazy trash characters.

>Cool sci-fi designs!
>Briefcase turboscooter!
,>Holy shit flying goldfish mecha!
First episode had potential.

Looked good and had a nice OP. That's about it.

It was the magic superpower stuff that killed it for me. Since all of them were immune to radioactivity and fought each other with some ESP powers it could as well have taken place in some normal city or something. The setting became less and less relevant.

I'm reading the light novel and it's a lot better, the show's great, but it doesn't compare to really getting into Satou's mind the way you do while reading the novel, and it's too lighthearthed.
It also doesn't help that i was expecting some EVA-tier stuff

Contrary to most of Sup Forums I loved the first episode which is why I had higher expectation for this one but the conclusions just got more stupid as the series progressed and there wasn't any big payoff. I liked a few scenes from the last episode again but everything else was pretty shit or boring, especially the big main mystery was retarded.

But at least 1st episode was quite good.

I know all of these too well

Adding on pic related

Would have been better with just 12 episodes.

Yer kidding

It was kinda good until they just gave up on the mystery and started explaining the nature and reasoning of the monsters.
Then it became right down unwatchable.

Why did it have to turn into a whodunnit?

Fookin' THIS. That last episode still pisses me off
> Wew guys I'm sure glad we got rid of that traitor
> Pic related shows up
> Oooh well looks like those last 9 episodes were all for nothing
The most insulting thing is the fact that this is never ever status for a second season. Such cool character designs wasted on what turned out to be mediocre fantasy Danganronpa

The solution is also stupid as hell. It was literally the first thing people guessed when they saw that poster and I think that all of those afterlife lookalikes or dream worlds and similar stuff were done often enough and they don't surprise anybody anymore. An actual real/physical mystery with murderers would have been ten times better.

It was a good ride up to the last episode tho'

>That obvious digital cut on her hat on the left
Amazing budget.

>It will never live up to the hype moments of "It's a giant Mitsumune!" and similar
Just end Okada already.

Mysteries like these that are supposed to create specular and hype never live up to what they are promising. See the secret of the Claymores' bodies and probably whatever will be in SNK's basement.

Written by Konaka, directed by Nakamura, with designs by Oka and Ogura.
You couldn't possibly get a better lineup.

And god, it was disappointing.

We already know what's in the basement.

Was hoping for "Girls und Panzer but with Ships", instead got "Girls und Panzer but it's Shit"

This post is perfect and it's everything that's wrong with almost all of these so called intelligent shows. It happens in movies all the time too.

Don't forget the OP.
youtube.com/watch?v=sn-3Sc7Yd8o

I liked it, but I didn't have expectations to match.

I'm also sure I don't even need to explain myself, but god damn it I wish it didn't end the way it did. It had a perfect game going and the author just had to cuck it all up.

>mfw I made that edit

The first chapters were so fun to read. Fuck, this moment made me think that they would switch the MC to Armin and how he would need to adapt or die.
Then everyone was titans.

Wixoss
Kiznaiver
Rolling Girls
Eden of the East

>Rolling Girls
I totally forgot about that one. I am not sure if I am part of the minority or majority here since the threads were positive till the end but I loved the first two episodes so fucking much and then it switched the characters and aim and everything and I just waited for stuff that never happened and got more bored with every episode. It still had somewhat of its charme but it was a huge disappointment.

Perfect example of an excellent premise bogged down by shitty writing.

Probably one of the few anime out there which would benefit from a live-action Netflix adaptation.

What happened? Was it one of these stand-still issues where the plot barely moves forward after some point?

The concept was neat but the main girls just weren't interesting enough to carry the show. It's a shame because it had a ton of potential and the first couple of episodes were great but it just sort of fizzled out.

The first season of the anime and all the chapters before levi showed up were just fun as fuck to read.

Then they introduced the shitty scout corps, which just ruined the story. Taking the focus away from the core group of characters defending the wall from titans was a mistake.

DOGS
Gangsta
Bungou Stray Dogs

Pretty much any manga about rooty tooty point and shooty gangs I guess.

Apparently the manga adaptation is pretty good.

Gargantia had so much potential. What a fucking let down

At first, I thought it would be like The Walking Dead where anyone can die.

Then I realized it was like The Walking Dead where anyone can die but the most popular characters.

>Taking the focus away from the core group of characters defending the wall from titans was a mistake.
This is a problem with almost every longer series I read. They switch the focus or even change the whole setting or story or get so many new characters that old ones don't get enough screentime anymroe and it's more about tons of characters interacting than the actual fight against whatever they were fighting in the beginning.

The JSDF decimates the whole new country. I know you can get into heated discussions about nationalism in GATE, but you can't give me a premise of "modern military vs. medieval military", have one side steamroll the other, and expect there to still be conflict.

Also, Itami is the dullest main character in the series and he gets a whole harem because reasons.

If you look at it as a metaphor for growing up and getting a job, it gets a little bit better.

Emphasis on little. I thought it was pretty good, though.

The only good thing out of that was the all Hideauze hate.
I love when it gets referenced here and there.

>animeonlyfags

>ITT Decent shows that didn't go the way people expected.

Shit taste need not apply

Rokka was fantastic, though I'll admit the ending was pretty crappy. Especially since there won't be a second season

First three and last three episodes were good. A second season might be a good idea now that monsters are real and Nanashi is actually a magical and infinite space., but I doubt it after the flop it was.

Everyone was calling it a masterpiece or at least one of their favorite shows.

Turned out to be boring as fuck

I expected crap and got crap. But they tricked me into thinking it would actually get good for a bit.

ReZero
Overlord
Rokka
Grimgar

This is why I hate LNfags.

I thought Grimgar was okay but it definitely did not live up to the hype the threads were giving it. And, even though MCs hax power was foreshadowed, that last battle still felt like a huge asspull.

Gunbuster
Boring as fuck

The studio fucked that up. It didn't happen nearly so neatly in the LN.

>that Moe
Oh baby

At least it had a top tier OP, probably the best of 2015

Kill la Kill

Fuck, it could have been so good. And because it could have been so good, I think it's the biggest disappointment an anime has ever given me.

What were you expecting from this

We already know what the thread is about. Unlike you, we actually read the OP.

Kiznaiver, oof that hurt. Managed to convince myself that it was good until the last couple of episodes. cmon Trigger i needed this :(

I watched the original first and basically everyone I knew who watched it treated brotherhood like the second coming of christ.
It wasn't.
Still liked it though

TRIGGERED

>premise of the show is that there's a traitor amongst the group
>people complain when that becomes the focus of the plot
This show was refreshing. Only morons were disappointed.

Kill la Kill is pure shit. Someone being disappointed by it shouldn't trigger you, user.
I don't want to start a shitposting war, though. Please don't reply me.

it was a meme, friend. see pic.

Macross Zero:
Boring story about aliens, which may contradict the previous shows
Roy Fokker is more of a image to attract old fans and not a real character
Many characters are undeveloped (the russian's winggirl, for example)
Bad music
Almost no fighting sequences, none of the existing are interesting.

Area 88 tv series:
Badly drawn planes
Shitty redesign of characters
Awful music
Boring storytelling

The manga is better

Brotherhood was by far superior in juxtaposition to FMA 2003. There's virtually no competition.

It was rapidly paced in the introduction, but that was due to the presumption that most viewers had seen 2003 prior to the instigation of FMA brotherhood. I'm not contrite in my disposition, so I have no qualm with being invective towards the first, original series. It was inferior in every way imaginable aside from the sole characteristic of pathos.

Ishbal was the paragon of sectarian violence.

Escaflowne
Started off alright, turned to shit later on

In my case, I watched FMAB first, then 2003 2 years later. I prefered 2003.

Man, the jokes on the first one were so good.
They explained in the anime that they were having deadline problems.

fuck you m8

It's not shit anime. It was the best that year.