Does Shirobako belong in the conversation when it comes to best shows of the 2010s?

Does Shirobako belong in the conversation when it comes to best shows of the 2010s?

Absolutely. It's a wonderful love letter to all the people who work hard to make anime and never get the credit they deserve.

You could really feel the stress

I dropped it out of boredom so probably not.

who gives a shit, might as well make an anime about convenience store clerks and those guys who clean dog turds off sidewalks

Rinko belongs in my bed.

It is, but watch this thread fill up with contrarians because it was popular with the normalfags.

>you will never welcome Aoi-chan home from work with a fresh-cooked meal
>you will never sit in your cozy apartment after dinner, drinking beer and watching her anime air
>you will never listen to her complain about Tarou's stupid antics
>you will never hear about all the juicy gossip at MusAni
>you will never creep up behind her and start kissing the back of her neck
>you will never make drunken, sloppy love to Aoi before falling asleep in her bed
>you will never wake up to see Aoi scrambling out of your apartment because she needs to get to work
>you will never wait until she's gone, then post all her gossip online

It was? From all I can tell normalfags don't even know this show exists and wouldn't care if it did because they'd think it was boring/confusing/etc.

Oh, I guess you're right.
Also, best girl.

Yeah dude is re:zero your favorite show too? xD

Who could stop you from considering it the best of the 2010s?

>normalfags don't even know this show exists
Believe me they do. Also, pic related liked it a lot and named Ema as his favorite girl.

Can someone let me in on why Shirobako gets this special kind of treatment? When it was airing it was nothing really special, what happened?

What? There were pretty long threads if I recall correctly.

It was put together well, the girls were cute, it didn't drop the ball halfway through like Bakuman, and wrapped up the ending nicely. Also Sup Forums liked it.
>it didn't have autistic sperging 24/7 like Re:Zero so it was nothing special

Shirobako was a good show.
>Interesting and diverse characters
>Good character development, especially for Aoi
>Good themes and a plot that reinforces those themes
>Cute anime girls
>Executed well overall
There is no "special treatment" for it.

It was one of the more well received shows for it's season but people weren't making dumbass threads about it like now.

Are you kidding? Shirobako got a lot of love when it was airing, if anything the love died down a bit.

Only normalfag I can think of that praises this show is some youtube faggot, other than that I've never seen this mentioned by normalfags and if you mention it around them they say stuff like "that sounds boring who would watch that shit".

It is if only as a representation of the new trend of making shows about the direct experience of the authors. It isn't exagerated to fit a shonen anime concept or anything, the audience watches it because it's about the industry itself.

As something that didn't exist before, it earns a lot of points when it comes to representing its decade.

it's ok.

>might as well make an anime about convenience store clerks

Who the fuck would watch that.

It got less atention for not being shit or baiting the audience. Good stuff doesn't get discussed that much, that's just how it is.

>shirobako is 10 years old

>Not wanting Clerks the anime

Pleb.

During and immediately after airing Sup Forums loved it. Now Sup Forums seems to be going through its tsundere phase, which is normal. Hopefully it'll get back around to liking it again soon.

This place has become so contrarian and Reddit-tier retarded that if Sora no Woto aired for the first time a hundred faggots will call it garbage just to go against the popular opinion.

I'm not being tsundere, I'm just wondering. People are talking about it like it's NGE or some shit. I'm entirely neutral on it, personally. It's not my cup of tea.

I need more shows with waifus who don't make me feel like a paedophile.

I'm trying to imagine what Sup Forums would think of Eva if it aired today.

>People are talking about it like it's NGE or some shit
Here's your (You)

When SnW first aired, all people did was call it a K-ON clone.

>People are talking about it like it's NGE or some shit

Not really sure what you are getting at here? Are you trying to imply that a show must be some fantastical pseudo philosophical sci-fi mess to be considered great? Simple stories about peoples lives that are well made, with well written characters can be far deeper in all senses that the majority of shows like that could ever hope to be.

It was 2014's AOTY, right? Then it belongs.

AOTY 2014 and 2015, actually.