Ergo Proxy > Lain > Texnolyze > GITS

Ergo Proxy > Lain > Texnolyze > GITS

These things mean nothing. We don't know you. So we don't know what you mean or why you order them the way you do.
You're part of the problem on Sup Forums I really hope no one replies to this thread

Gunnm > *

95 GitS > Texholynze > SAC > Lain > Ergo Proxy

>Vincent appears
>bored immediately

SAC > Texhnolyze = Lain > 95 GiTS > Ergo Proxy.

GITS Innocence > 95 GITS

Lain > Dennou Coil >>>>>>>>> Kaiba > GitS SAC > Texhnolyze > GitS > Akira > Psycho Pass >>>>> Ergo Proxshit

GitS (1995) > Texhnolyze = Lain > SAC > Ergo Proxy >>>>>> Psycho-Pass

>psycho piss
>above anything

GitS SAC = Texhnolyze = GitS 95 = Lain > Kaiba = Ergo Proxy > Akira = Psycho Pass

Literally backwards.

Oh wow. Opinions right here.

The only good list so far.

Dennou Coil > Ergo Proxy > Lain > Texnolyze > GITS

Texhnolyze > Lain > GitS > Ergo Proxy > Psycho Pass
If we are talking about the story or whatever is trying to say you the show, because if we talking about enjoyment for me it was
Texhnolyze > Psycho Pass > Ergo Proxy > GitS > Lain

Also Angel's Egg is above everything else

Is literally the best character in the serie, the other only acceptable option may be Pino

Remember, inequalities are like alligators. Their mouths open towards the bigger and better thing.

You apparently didn't know this but now you do.

>ergo proxy better than anything
Only thing I dropped after the first episode from your list.

They're hardly comparable, but is right, tex is the best one.

I don't really understand where all the hate on texhnolyze comes from. Is it because of the first (and arguably worst) episode?

Texhnolyze > GITS > Ergo Proxy > Shit > Cereal Excrements Lame

Bladerunner>GitS=Lain

>not liking lain

>Is it because of the first (and arguably worst) episode
Terrible pacing, boring characters and no pathos. Its ideas are solid, but anime comes off as a competent tryhard. I'd never watch it again.

Lain is better, but infodump episodes and scenes are a big flaw. It's an anime not a circlejerk about pseudo science.

Ergo Proxy is like the best of science fiction crossed with Kino's Journey. It's the middle ground where it shows off sci-fi ideas without too much exposition, while being character driven. And the characters are great.

95 GitS is boring with some comfy atmosphere and a few cool ideas and a lot of philosophy forcefully pushed in. Sequel movie was much better as an anime story, but it tried too hard to be deep with Bible quotes.
desu GitS world is dull and the series doesn't retain the atmosphere so I couldn't care less.

>shows off sci-fi ideas without too much exposition, while being character driven. And the characters are great.
RAISIN DETRAY

>boring characters
I guess it really comes down to sensibility then. Did you really find Yoshii and Doc boring, for instance?
>no pathos
So, the last episodes didn't affect you at all?

Lain didn't have much infodump aside from the episode 9 documentary thing and even then it wasn't bad.

>Yoshii
I found him mysterious but forgot about him after a while. After finishing the series, I remembered him and connected the dots. My only reaction was "Oh. That's it? What a petty asshole."

>Doc
Not really. She was just another one of not really likable characters that I don't hate either.

>the last episodes didn't affect you at all?
It was fucking brutal, but that's what it was. Senseless grimdark just because. There was no character arc or meaning in it, just predetermined misery. That's not how you writer a good story.
Just don't get the image I hate it. I'm mostly uncomfortable thinking about it since the series is ugly and there no emotional value to be extracted by watching it again. It's just a concept piece about sci-fi ideas that neglects everything human about storytelling.

>Lain didn't have much infodump
Which is why I like it a lot more, but it still feels a bit forced at points. Especially since the infodump is needed to understand the story.
If Texhnolyze is 5 or 6, Lain is definitely a 7 or 8.

>RAISIN DETRAY
I like it when shows namedrop buzzwords instead of having whole talks about the same subject. Ergo Proxy is guilty of a few masturbation eps like ep 20, though. Luckily they can be skipped.

>What a petty asshole
What? He tried to liberate Lux.

>Senseless grimdark
I don't know. The episodes with doc on the surface and the parallel with Hopper really hit me. And the very end, wish Ichise and the flower, was about as far from grimdark as it could be, and simply devastating and pathetic
>predetermined misery
That seemed to be the point of the anime, and the lack of character arcs seems understandable if you take it as a story of self-destruction and nihilism (true nihilism, not the "life is pointless XD" meme)

>the series is ugly
That's what I loved about it. It doesn't ask you to like it or to derive any value from it, it's just very ugly and brutal.

those are all bad

my favorite anime > slime mold > cow urine > your favorite anime