Is the dub of Texhnolyze worth anything? I'm encoding the R2J's by request since the R1s have crushed blacks...

Is the dub of Texhnolyze worth anything? I'm encoding the R2J's by request since the R1s have crushed blacks, and I'm wondering if I should bother adding the dub to this thing.
I don't really feel like listening to it to find out, though.

Just stick it in an alternative audio track for the masochists

All dubs are inferior. Some people obviously will want it, so it really hinges on whether you want to enable retarded dubfags.

Problem is there's going to be a lot of retiming involved, and I'd rather not waste 25GB of someone's upload snatching the R1's, then doing the work to break out the episodes and retime them if it's especially bad.

Then don't.

Well if it's a pain in the ass then don't bother.

I wonder what the hell the original bitrate even is? Why the heck does this untagged DVDRip have it in 320kbps AAC? It would have to be 448k AC-3 unless they were completely retarded.

Then don't do it. I doubt most dubfags even know what this anime is, let alone care enough to only watch it dubbed.

Ha, the original's 224k AC-3. What the heck were they thinking reencoding this in 320k?

So it'll be better than KAA's release, right?

And VFR, since there are some 30fps sections.

What the fuck, man.

Please don't, useless bloat of filesize.

As I said, the R1 has crushed blacks. You literally can't see anything in parts.
But yeah, it's coming out far better than KAA, and smaller, too, since I'm breaking out the 63MB opening.

I hope you aren't denoising it too much. This series wouldn't be the same without it.

I don't know if saving a gigabyte or two by using ordered chapters is really worth it these days.

It is to me.

It's asmr worthy.

The screencaps are looking good, will you upload it somewhere afterwards?

Nah mate, just do the jap audio

It's a better dub, probably worth including it.

It's better than average and Yoshii and Doc's dub voices are particularly good. I'd say include it.

Don't bother.
Dubfags can suck dicks.

I can do it but it's going to be expensive.

I fixed up this scan to be a wallpaper for someone in /wsr/ a while ago.

I should watch this sometime.

By expense, you mean size? The cost is inevitable unless you want to rape source, in some scenes noise is unbelievable, pic very much related. I don't know what you're exactly trying to do but I expect encode that doesn't rape source.

That I can keep with denoising. The active grain is far harder

Fuck off and die.

Denoised. (which also sharpens)

But keeping that static effect relatively intact with degraining isn't hard.

Source

encode

Keeping the active grain to any degree (i.e. not turning it into massive blocking) looks like it's going to blow things up from 250MB to 370MB an ep.

If you want. Yoshii and Main Mafia Guy who's name i don't remember had great voices