Author Comments

Is Oda on chains?

>Naruto
>Bleach
>Police-Box

Is WSJ going to die?

>I'll always be chasing after you
As in he's next to gtfo

Nobody talked about looking forward for Kubo's next work...

also,
> AssClass
> Nisekoi
> Toriko ending soon
> Gintama too

after this, the oldest running series in WSJ will be:

> Juan Piss - '97
> Hiatus x Hiatus - '98
> Haikyu - '12

I don't know what they're gonna do after another Dragon Quest or whatever gets released and Oda dies of honorable japanese workplace exhaustion.

And if haikyuu follows the jump sports route it will end in 2 years.

WSJ won't have to worry much about that one. If they can figure out how to get out of the current slump, they'll be able to survive a little gap in 2018/19.

Togashi: No comment.

HxH is on hiatus (surprisingly).
Togashi doesn't get to make a comment when he is not releasing a chapter.
Otherwise he'd probably make a short comment about back pains or a new video game.

a lot more caring then they were when bleach ended

Why do you guys feel like doomongering whenever things in WSJ change even a little bit.

In fact, the Jump is more stable now than in 1996. Naruto and AssClass are the ones that really had an impact when they finished, because they were hits that impelled the acquisition of the magazine. Nisekoi had no such power. Kochikame either, its output has more to do with tradition than sales. Bleach was forgotten for years. Toriko too. And Gintama is most famous in the anime.

One Piece is still there, which already guarantees safety.
HxH still sells very well even with the breaks.
Haikyuu!! is a great success. And if depend on fujos, will continue to be for many years.
BnHA is also quite popular (it could have been a lot more if they don't fucked the anime - slow pace and only 13 episodes? idiots!)
Black Clover is getting more popular, and with an anime can grow even more.
Yuuna and Souma are ecchi hits.
WT, after all, has many fans.
Saiki got an anime and can turn a new Gintama with time.

In 1996 they only had Kenshin.

Neverland
The time of Rukia's execution... has been changed.

when is this series gonna get picked up by the scanlators?
waiting for Monday sucks.

It was pretty obvious they didn't like him.
You needed to read between the lines.

Doom mongering absolutely anything is a staple of this site

It's a bit odd that ms translate all the WSJ manga together at Thursday but have Promised Neverland on Monday.

aren't they just grabbing the Viz releases at this point?

>WT, after all, has many fans.
WT`s probably the best series in Jump at the moment, hope it goes on for quite a while, considering all the potential plotlines

Toriko isn't ending they still have a long journey too go.

So few of the newbie mangaka are giving earnest praise and admiration of Akimoto's work. With Kubo on the other hand, Horikoshi, Yuuki and Kawada were all racing to suck his dick.

Yes they did

Nah. It is a survival series, but there is virtually no real tension or internal dramas. The potential plotlines never take a chance to exist, because it's all about rankings. The only good thing in fact is the strategy system, but there is no point if the characters are inexpressive.

>Have a good rest.
>You're finally free.

I'm kind of worried about Oda.

7 dudes saying how much they love Bleach and/or how it's been an influence to them. 3 guys saying they look forward to seeing Kubo again.
People who say Kubo wasn't loved in Jump are delusional. He would often promote other less famous mangaka and has been best buddies with sorachi since high school.

I meant, when they finally go journeying to other worlds, as well as finally get around to using the massive cast of characters they've been establishing.

So, Love Rush! was a failure in the west, right? there isn't any thread since the 2nd chapter and you can't find chapters 3 and 4 translated.
I don't know anything about it in Japan tho.
He sure wants to finish One Piece, but the editors won't let him go

>there isn't any thread since the 2nd chapter and you can't find chapters 3 and 4 translated.
Its trial run is over. Also harems are usually not popular in the west and thus not picked up by viz for the weekly jump releases. Nisekoi had the advantage of already being serialized in Jump when the Viz app came out. Yuragi-sou is also not in Viz Jump, but it's crazy popular in Japan.

>WT`s probably the best series in Jump at the moment

I've read a couple chapters but could never get myself to like it.
The action is somehow really sterile feeling to me, with really mediocre sequencing and character poses with a bunch of speed lines slathered everywhere in a vain attempt at dynamism.

Maybe the character writing is better than I'd expect, but it's usually death for a shounen series to have shaky fight scenes.

Toriko has been on fucking life support, I'm honestly surprised Bleach felt more rushed for an ending then Toriko

2 newbies also gave a shoutout to kubo in the following issues, red sprite mangaka and this one.

ah, thanks
I just wanted to know about the new shy succubus girl

Hasn't been picked up by any group to my knowledge. Try asking in the scanlator general.

The character writing`s what`s actually shaky, the fight scenes/group tactics are top notch. It just so happens that the manga`s generic mediocre tripe until about chapter... 30? or somewhere near there. Once the invasion arc starts, shit gets real.

Soldier on user, you won`t regret it.

wut? Yuuragi sou is in Jump? I thought it's on other magazine with all those ecchi.

I feel like I can just look at a random new chapter and find the action really lifeless to me somehow.

>Toriko has been on fucking life support
It isn't? If boringshits like straighten up/black clover/hinomaru are still going on, then Toriko is still far from axed.

that's because the characters are lifeless

What the fuck is even going on in that page?
The key panel is just two small static characters in front of stock background shit with speed lines everywhere for some reason?

Maybe it's cherry picked, but it looks like amateur hour work.

Action is indeed bad. Tactics are nice. It's more complex and structured than other shounen fights.

It may or may not be your thing. Certainly isn't for everybody. But if it is your type, it's excellent.

Didn't Oda said he's starting to cut-off ideas because he won't be able to fit everything he wanted to.

Oh, apologies. I didn't realise you mean you wanted action in the sense of like, good paneling and action that flows, and has impact, like ONE, or Kenshin, or dragon ball or something. I thought you meant good action like, are the action scenes entertaining. Sort of like how Jojo`s fight scenes are great, but in terms of motion/figuring out what the fuck is going on, it`s a mess sometimes.

As another user mentioned, it`s all about tactics, and has group based dynamics that I rarely, if ever see in manga. The only thing that comes to mind is maybe some fights in HxH, or arguably the first Zabuza fight in Naruto, where they actually had to outwit him instead of... well you know how that turned out. But yeah, if you`re looking for something flashy, it`s definitely not that.

solid tactical group action might be nice, but WT has been really hard for me to jump into the middle of since it's not readily clear that anything intelligent is happening, and the art doesn't convey any of the weight of what may be happening.

tactics might not be something well suited to media like this in general though, since it's probably going to go above the heads of a lot of the target audience anyway.

Was Boy the Gold scanned?

Was there ever a female Shonen mangaka?

A fuckload. Jump had Reborn's Amano or Ichigo 100%'s Mizuki Kawashita. The Promised Neverland's writer is female. Huge shounen manga like FMA has been written by women.

D.Gray-man's and Katekyo Hitman Reborn's authors are women if you're talking about Jump.

The one and only Fullmetal Alchemist is by a woman.

Urusei Yatsura/Ranma/InuYasha were all written by the same woman.

So based Arakawa is the only one who isn`t awful? Although Ranma was alright, I guess.