It's "Christians are fucking weird and mystical" episode

> It's "Christians are fucking weird and mystical" episode

That's what the old vikings believed.

That's what the old romans believed.

Amakusa? I have yet to find an interpretation of him that was not weird.

Pictured: Average christian.

because they meet up every 7th day to eat human flesh while singing and drinking wine

they also use the cross, which killed their king, as a symbol and celebrate it

they also celebrate the death of their king

> wine
You mean blood.

Wine made from blood.

Symbolic cannibalism is pretty fucking weird and mystical, to be honest.

Blood made from wine, you mean.

Mean made from you, wine blood.

christians are fucking weird and mystical, user.

Comparing with Vikings and Romans this is not too much mystical at all.

If going to church gave me magic powers I'd be there every Sunday.

Sounds pretty metal when you put it like that.

today we know all that shit and more so we are familiar with that shit

but you have to consider:
1000 and 2000 years ago
only the elite knew how to write and had acces to proper education
not much science
believe in magic, mystical creature, polytheism etc...
racist and xenophobic

i think that if you consider the points above AND that their mystical stuff was everyday life for them (for them nothing special, mystical at all) you can pretty much say that it´s kinda strange to cannibalize their human saviour every 7th day while singing and listening to a man talking weird stuff in front of everyone

sure it´s quite metal for strangers, but that thing is kinda common in our society, so it´s nothing special

something else metal:
muslims cut throats of animals last monday and let them bleed to death so it dies painfully
then they took the meat and gave it others who didn´t perform the ritual
metal, right?

Vikings:
Odin sits on his throne and his ravens fly all over the world telling him about the things that are happening.
And their Gods, while a separate species are essentially just people with big weapons.
Also, you have Thor crossdressing for no reason and Loki fathering a horse, a snake, a bunch of wolves and loli-twoface

fuck off crossborder

Shows what you know

Jesus.

The Japanese on average for a long time weren't super religious. Like, they're more superstitious than religious.

They'll go to temples and ceremonies and have family altars and practice all these weird superstitions but if you ask them if they're religious specifically most will be like, "Nah, not really." Even though technically they were supposed to believe the emperor was descended from the gods. It's weird.

So when the Jesuits and other Christians start showing up they had to look utterly batshit insane to the Japanese. People not just willing, but happy to die for their beliefs when threatened with horrific death kinda leaves an impression on people who at best would die for personal and familial honor.

Nobunaga gave the Jesuits some favor and consideration because he wanted to be in contact with the western world but also because he found them "interesting" after one of their missionaries basically was like, "yeah so what" after he basically threatened him with death to gauge his reaction.

so basically for most of their early introductions to Japan, Christians were basically these nice but utterly batshit insane foreigners.

>he thinks I don't have magic Christian powers
Fucking Protestants.

Anime adaptaion when?

Christians are people that believe in a person that rose from the dead. Not a zombie. But still, undead, regardless.

Yet, is a God and really did die for all of mankind's sin. However he had auto-rez on. However, because he really did die, all of mankind are doomed to eternal hell.

But, if people repent for causing the death of the god, they will be saved.