This show is such horrible melodrama, why do people like it?

This show is such horrible melodrama, why do people like it?

babby's first drama

Good question OP.
One of the most boring rides in my anime life. And i've seen too many of shitty slice of life.

It was literally my first drama, I remember enjoying it

Greatest love story ever told.

Minori was shit

>butthurt Taigafag strikes preemptively out of his inferiority complex

It's cute and fun. I don't think anyone watches it for serious drama.

so it's shit basically

yes

Good romance/drama/slice of life for beginners. Introduces tsundere archetype and other cliche details. The comedy and easy plot is attractive to audiences who are into shonen shit.

otaku pandering trash of the worst kind

However, if you have more experience it's nothing special and can be forgettable. I honestly can't even remember why I enjoyed it. I think I stuck with it because of the characters instead of the plot/writing.

>he typed, on the anime & manga board, feeling incredibly superior and euphoric in this moment

Might have been good if anyone but Taiga won.

It is literally named Tiger x Dragon

I know that. She's still worst girl though.

>I think I stuck with it because of the characters instead of the plot/writing.
Okay? There's nothing that says plot is more important than characters or even visuals.

>attractive to audiences who are into shonen shit
This is a pretty good and accurate point.

Also, Toradora is hardly even a SoL. Calling it one makes the genre look bad.

>I think I stuck with it because of the characters instead of the plot/writing.
>this is a bad thing, especially in a romcom

>However, if you have more experience it's nothing special and can be forgettable.
user, I spent pretty much my entire adolescence reading romance and drama manga, everything from Ranma and Love Hina to Mars and Kare Kano, plus so much forgettable garbage. Toradora is still up there.

2009 was a simpler time, user.

Ami was best girl.

keep crying and making this thread please

Plz don't be mean, I like her a lot!

I watched it expecting it being a slice of life comedy with zero drama/romance plot development and it blew me away.

I don't understand why people on Sup Forums take anime so seriously.

It is the greatest love story ever told. Full stop.

Because other people don't think it's such horrible melodrama.
Or maybe they think it's horrible melodrama but something else prevents that from being a problem for them.

Yes, anything cute and fun is terrible because it isn't manly or intellectual enough for well-adjusted adults like myself.

>Not remembering how the whole Minori and Ryuuji ship was represented by ghosts and scary stuff.
>Not getting feels when Taiga starts to open up more with Ryuuji
>The whole eloping episode
>The ending

What went wrong with the plot? Unless you're talking about the 'rushed' ending which is better written in the novel.

Consider that anime is animation. Animation traditionally exaggerates its subjects to make them come across more clearly. Toradora applies this principle to its plot, themes and characters. The themes are the alienation of youth, family struggles and romance among other things. Most young men can relate to these, so thats why ,when they see them portrayed so intensely by Toradora, guys will experience a catharsis of sorts. They then associate the pleasant and lingering feeling of emotional release with the show, so they develop a fondness for it and its characters. Toradora is far from the only Mongolian cartoon that does this, but it does it particularly well and effectively. It's therefore appealing to a wider demographic,also it doesn't require you to know anything about annie mays to enjoy it. Also Taiga was best girl and best girl won.

tl;dr: People like overblown melodrama that's accessible and relatable