Uzumaki

Just went through this
Did I like it?

Other urls found in this thread:

mangareader.net/flesh-coloured-horror/6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The ending was so garbage

Welcome to Ito

I think it's one of his best endings actually.

Still kinda crappy though.

Uzumaki is in my favorite Ito manga and I think his best work. Enigma of Amigari Fault is a close second.

Has uzumaki made anything in recent years?
I'm still waiting for his masterpiece.

Why did I suddenly think Ito's name was Uzumaki?
I need to have a lie down.
>in a washing machine

How was it about? Dont mind spoilers

Girl and her boyfriend go down long stairway into Spiral-town's basement and boyfriend falls down stairs because some worm dude grabs him. Girl finds her boyfriend crippled and they hold each other and spiral around themselves while the stoned remains of everyone they know lay on the bottom. The spiral feeling its job done rises to the top and completes itself. The end. Praise the Spiral

It was not great as all his endings but somehow the atmosphere felt very fitting for a conclusion.
Still
>let's just die lol
I'm torn.

>boyfriend wanted to get the fuck out of town right from the very start
>even when shit starts getting so weird and fucking bizarre that you can't just ignore it his gf still won't leave
>the perpetual abandon all hope face he has later on

Best character in the whole series.
I really felt for him.

NARUTO

did they at least fuck?

Uzumaki was good but I felt he wanted to do an ongoing but keep his [insert] of the week formula. I liked some stories but like all of Ito's work, some endings are really dumb.

They wrapped around each other so...yes?

my spiral-shaped fish cakes!

SPACE TRAVELING
IN
A FUCKING
BUNKER

>boyfriend wanted to get the fuck out of town right from the very start
To be fair, I doubt they could have left once the curse got going.

I'm still mad about this

Anyone remember that one ending.

You know the one that ended before ANYTHING happened?

That poor reporter girl deserved none of the spirals shit

>Did I like it?
W-what?

Still one of my favorites.

If we're talking about the one with the dad who got stuck in the house's foundation, right?

Has there been a horror manga that actually had a good ending?

No I mean the hotspring.
The one that has the line that pretty much goes "NO DON'T TELL US something might happen"

Actually haven't read this one yet. Guess I'll dump.

Thanks for the dump, but it's not this one either. It was a short story, and it ends literally before anything remotely supernatural can happen.

Oh, neat. I've seen that second panel before.

Well, fuck. Can't stop now. What's it called?

Oh Wait I kinda remember now.

I think this was the one where they say that at night if you go to the hotspring the stairs leading down will become the stairs to hell.
The protagnists wake up a night and feel the need to go down (I think they left their things), but then they say "Nah lets not do that" and then it ends with a blurb saying that nothing happened.

Man is just trying to give the family their own hot spring, so ungrateful.

Spoopy.

I kinda liked it.

The most disturbing part for me was the hospital toddlers stuff, but I feel crippled every time someone tries to do horror with newborn babies.

>either everything goes to shit or it's like nothing ever happened
Classic Ito.

He's oddly calm. This must not be his first Ito experience.

They could have. Up until when the typhoon came down the town everyone could have left and gotten better.

Anyone know what that other hot spring one is called?

The snail chapter disturb me on so many fucking levels man
Since i'm kinda terrified of it

The movie made him the villain.

Does anyone have the sleeping sands one?

>Did I like it?
Well I dunno, did you?

I think this is perhaps my favorite Ito short story. Its too long for me to storytime, but here is a link

mangareader.net/flesh-coloured-horror/6

That was one of the less stupid parts of that one though.

>mangareader
How 'bout no?

Fair enough, I just grabbed the first link off google.

9/10

Needs more super space hobo

I didn't watch the movie, how was it?
The Gyo one was so horribly done it was funny as all shit.

It didn't exactly make him a villain. He just goes crazy like everyone else in the end.

We get the shit with his dad (which happens throughout the movie), the "Look at me!" boy, hair girl.

Movie ends with the dad turning himself into a spiral, and then a couple days later the boyfriend approaches her and they go out doing the snake spiral thing the other couple does in the book.

>they go out doing the snake spiral thing
They did that at the end of the manga too though.

This

Hellstar Remina > Uzumaki
Sequel when?

In the book they just kind of lie there and twist their arms together.

In the movie you see them completely wrap each other up.

I saw five snails on the sidewalk walking back to my apartment, first time I've seen them that big and up close. Felt totally unnerved seeing them since I read that chapter.

OH FUCK THIS ONE

SHE LITERALLY CUTS THE WOMAN OFF FROM TALKING BECAUSE SHE'S AFRAID WHAT SHE'LL SAY IS TOO SCARY

IN A FUCKING HORROR MANGA

AND IT JUST ENDS

FUCKIN ITO

SHIT

I feel like I already read this but can't remember what it was, can you post a page or something?

I don't have it

I literally can not think of a reason why anyone would save it

>The most disturbing part for me was the hospital toddlers stuff
Same, I read Uzumaki back in 5th grade and being the little punk I was I became terrified of pregnant women and snails for a while.

Is Gyo worth buying?

The first part of Gyo, when sharks and whales and things are walking is terrifying, but after it moves on to humans and its revealed that everyone is literally just farting around, I can't take it seriously at all and it loses all appeal to me. So maybe just buy the first volume?

I think one of my favorite Ito's is the one with the people with Balloon heads. It's just become purely retarded after a while.