youtube.com/watch?v=ef4a_zHHzHM
youtube.com/watch?v=UWL3nbYmKtw).
youtube.com/watch?v=rgZNPuN-oUU
youtube.com/watch?v=pIKDbzFW8v8
youtube.com/watch?v=JIjYqpgTr_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Ut_vq0eN1WA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ofc

is this the greatest moment in anime history?
>inb4 streamfag
my internet is trash

Kill yourself.

I think both shows are pretty amazing

Comedy, romance and drama done right.
Seiyuu's are amazing.

The episode with the Rachmaninoff concerto is one of my favorite episodes ever. Gave me chills the first time I watched it.

Kill yourself you fucking retard.

you first

Fuck off. Nodame is best romance anime ever.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is better.

It was pretty ok. Nadome was pretty shit tier though.

>the greatest love story ever told also has a proper depiction of classical music and musicians
Coincidence?

but the better question:

anime or manga?

Manga > anime

Basically the best romcom anime. The actual focus on music was really nice too. It got me to appreciate classical music.

But I can't hear the music in manga.

It's kinda shit anyway.

Holy fucking shit, fucking kill yourself. There is literally no reason to get into this series without the music. It is not optional, you wannabe hipster faggot.

Fuck off and die. Literally slit your wrists.

The music is shit? What?

You can listen to better interpretations on Youtube you stupid dumbfuck. It's not like what the characters are playing isn't explicitly written out you retarded piece of shit.

It isn't very good. That's my opinion after watching Hibike! though, so if you haven't watched that it should be fine.
Hibike! had pretty decently played music even if the anime was just yuri sluts with tubas. Nodame music was fairly mediocre.

The first season was alright, but it goes to hell shortly after. The biggest problem is that the characters are too real. It stops being idealized reality and becomes reality.

>the characters are perfectly fine spending extended periods of time apart
>the characters put their careers before anything else, including each other
>the characters are constantly fighting and breaking up
>the characters get together mostly because it's comfortable
>the characters remain in a vague, hazy relationship for most of the series, sleeping and living together
>the girl wants to get married; the guy is hesitant
>there's an arc where the guy gets pseudo NTR'd by another character, who later brags about breaking the girl's professional cherry

I don't really want to see that crap in my romance series.

What the fuck? Band trash that can be composed in 5 minutes somehow altered how you rate classics such as Chopin and Liszt?
Please me joking.

I agree Hibike's music is great but I think Nodame's is as well. Maybe you didn't like how she played? Everyone always said that she has a strange way of playing pieces.
Just curious do play an instrument?

No you fucking can't, you ass cancer faggot. The music on the show isn't just someone playing the songs. They're being played in a very specific way. Nodame's haphazard style isn't heard if you just go to some random youtube recording. Just fuck off and die with your

> HURR MANGA IS BETTAR

faggotry. The anime is objectively and unarguably better in every way. If you didn't watch the anime, you don't know shit about the series and shouldn't be posting in Nodame threads. You have nothing to contribute and should just die.

>The biggest problem is that the characters are too real.
I guess not everyone likes the Nana school of shoujo writing.

>songs
Trash opinion immediately discarded.

Are you a fucking retard? It has nothing to do with what the music is based off of. It's how it was composed.
Liszt can be played by a fucking 5 year old, doesn't mean it's going to be good because it's a classic.
On the flip side, a garbage literally who song can be turned in to a masterpiece in the right hands.

I don't know, I just didn't like it. Well, I wouldn't go as far to saying I disliked it. It just didn't stand out to me, felt a little flat.
I play piano.

>Liszt can be played by a fucking 5 year old,
Fucking dumbass.

Do you not understand what I'm getting at?
It has nothing to do with where the music came from. It has everything to do with who is playing or composing the music.

Yes, the original stand on its own, but that doesn't mean everyone who plays it plays it well. Even the fucking anime outright said this. That's practically the entire theme of the series with Nodame playing ''weird'' and how some people accept it but others don't.

I'm relatively new to appreciating classical music (just started learning the piano in addition to that) and I've been wanting to play Nodame's and a professional's interpretation back-to-back. I think that if you're used to a song sounding a certain way it sounds bad to you if it's played differently, even if it isn't really 'bad'.

Yeah again I wouldn't say it was 'bad'. I just didn't find it to stand out at all as particularly good.
Not like we have many classical music anime to compare it to though.

Was it just Nodame's playing or did you not like the orchestra's playing either?
I wish there were more classical music anime. At least there's Hibike now which isn't classical but is very music focused.

I actually liked Nodame's playing more than the orchestra.

Well shit. Can you recommend to me an interpretation that you think sounds good? I want to use it as a reference.

>It has nothing to do with where the music came from. It has everything to do with who is [...] composing the music.
>literally contradicting himself
And do you seriously think there are no interpreters that plays the piano like Nodame? Are you fucking stupid?

Well?

Are you daft? The original composer is completely different from who is doing the composing in this series.

It's people like you that shit up the quality of the board.

And the musicians in Nodame are supposed to be playing the classical pieces there. Are you saying some second rate hack would play a better Rachmaninoff than professional pianists?
Holy shit you cannot be serious.

That's a pretty tall order friendo. I don't know if I should pick something you'd recognize/safe choice or something I personally like.
I'll just pick a person. I like her tempo in most songs.
page.sannet.ne.jp/atsuko1/shtyo.htm

although the live recordings of her are pretty low quality

You're literally retarded. There were professionals composing the music in both Hibike and Nodame.
Just because one is based off high school and the other college level+ doesn't mean that was their actual skill level you stupid cunt.

Holy shit, a Nodame thread? My dad fucking loves the manga and reads it all the time, I think he must have read it through ten times. Literally

Am I the only one who found Kuroki and Tanya's relationship more interesting in the home stretch than Chiaki and Nodame?

Thank you, I'll look through all of these.
Live recordings are awful in general, especially if it's a bad camera. Then there's always a few people coughing during it.
That's cool that you can share that with your dad.
I really liked them both as characters. I thought Kuroki would have been mad that she stole a kiss from him while he was 'sleeping' but he fell in love instead.
I like Nodame and Chiaki's relationship all right. Chiaki's tsun could be a bit much sometimes though. Like, he brought her to France with him and he still denied that she was his girlfriend. Then there was that whole thing at the end which gave me a sort of bitter feeling. They are both kind of eccentric so I'm glad they wound up happy together.

>Then there was that whole thing at the end which gave me a sort of bitter feeling
I wasn't sure what was up with Nodame after the London concert with Milch, it took me a few rereads to understand. At first I thought she had simply burned out but there was another layer to it
The running away part was random though. There I was thinking she had become less retarded and suddenly she disappears to Egypt? Man

I've only watched it once but I think her Piano teacher explained it well. She wasn't really 'living' with music. She was playing for fun and then Chiaki wanted her to be a professional. She wanted to be with him so she was going the pro route just for him. Her debut 'satisfied' her. She felt like she didn't have to do it anymore because she made it.
Chiaki rejecting her proposal definitely set her off. That's what pisses me off about Chiaki. Like, really? You didn't get that that was really significant? You thought she was joking?

Chiaki was too good for Nodame

>Hibikek shitposters

I still want that Chiaki and Saiko prequel

Shitgatsu wa > Nodame

They're both good in different ways.

I could only get through the first episode because it seemed really melodramatic. Does it get better? I wanted to like it for the music.

it's funny because shigatsu message of playing like the fuck you want it's exactly what Nodame had to lear to not do from a lot people

also, fuck no.

>resting her chin on the tailpiece and not on the chin rest
What the fuck

>Like, really? You didn't get that that was really significant? You thought she was joking?
I think the moral of the manga is that people who do music professionally have to be autistic. I played violin for 13 years and got pretty decent, went through several teachers and camps/music festivals and met a lot of other kids, and in my experience the really talented musicians are also the ones most eccentric.

>Shitgatsu wa > Nodame
>Shitgatsu
>Shit

That reminds me. Doesn't the ending defeat the purpose of all of that? I mean, I'm sure she learned a lot by getting proper schooling but in the end she still played the way she wanted to and people loved it.
I don't think I've ever seen an anime picture that has a correct violin posture.

It must have to do with some sort of autistic dedication for practicing for hours a day every day.

Looking back, its actually hard to find a good chunk of time where she actually plays a peice, but I think this is a decent comparison

Nodames Version:
youtube.com/watch?v=WrpCHXaCK_c
(If you can try to find this on your comp, cause the quality is really bad on youtube)

Professional Pianist:
youtube.com/watch?v=kZanhzaj-cE

Even if you're not a musician, you should be able to instantly notice the difference in dynamics. This is also actually one of the few pieces that she doesn't butcher with unecessary flourishes (youtube.com/watch?v=ef4a_zHHzHM vs. youtube.com/watch?v=UWL3nbYmKtw).

If you're still not convinced, listen to the difference between Beethovens violin sonata n5 by Mine and a real recording

skip to 1.13
youtube.com/watch?v=rgZNPuN-oUU

youtube.com/watch?v=pIKDbzFW8v8

All things considered though, I think its alright for them to sound unprofessional, I mean, their just students. But I sortof agree with . If you actually want to listen to the music, listen to a good recording.

I actually really like her more "bubbly" version of pathetique.

Here's a better clip
youtube.com/watch?v=JIjYqpgTr_Y

no, it's different: in the middle of the series she wasn't following the score and just played how she felt like,changing notes or tempo of the music. While in the ending she only give her interpratation of the music, undersranding how and wh the music was composed. For example when they are at the recital at mont saint michel, chiaki reads her Mozart's letter to help her understand the author .

I just want another lighthearted comedy romance show with classical music

Wait ten to twenty years for the remake.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, very lighthearted and fun comedy romance with some classic music.

Your Lie in September.

No anime for the others pretty good romantic SOL ninomiya anime it's a real shame

>lighthearted
nice try
also you can only listen to Liebesleid so many times

I didn't realize there was a full version, this is actually pretty bad.

The live action is better

Misunderstandings and shitty personalities the anime. No thanks. I'll never watch this again. I can't believe I even had the mental toughness to watch to the very end.

i'm almost certain that the youtube's one is from the OST.
It's just a interpretation lad

>70+ posts
>not a single 'Gyabo'

Y'all a bunch of cocksucking fagmuffins. kys

You mean you didn't see that rubato marking on everyone one of her scores?

mukya~

Thank goodness. It's one of her more annoying traits (which is saying a lot).

No, it's shitposters like you who should be permanently IP-range banned.

>BUT A MANGA ABOUT MUSIC IS BETTAR THAN AN ANIME ABOUT MUSIC WHERE YOU CAN HEAR THE MUSIC
I'm not joking when I say kill yourself. Your parents don't love you. Take a knife out of the drawer and carve a line up your forearm.

I say things like 'gyabo' and 'mukya' to myself all the time since watching it. Saying 'gyabo' when you're disappointed is very satisfying. Thanks Nodame for enhancing my autism.

Kiyora was best girl and she ended up with best boy.

Shitposting? I'm serious.

This anime/manga/everything is awful. Mostly because the two main characters are two of the most unlikable I've come across in anime. I can't even love to hate them. I just find them utterly distasteful.

Perhaps the difference between you and I is I'm a musician (piano, trumpet) and I know people who act exactly like them in real life. They are awful people to coexist with and these characters really do fit the stereotypes far too accurately.

Hearing some normal ass music doesn't really make it better. Anime had a really low budget too.

While I agree that a manga shouldn't be disregarded for lack of music the fact that it is about music makes watching the anime very beneficial.
On the other hand you are so incredibly edgy that you're embarrassing me. Please go take a walk, come back, have a relaxing scented bath and hug your favorite stuffed animal because boy you need to calm down.

Shes gotta make up time for all of those trills she needs to squeeze in

I loved watching Saber and Gilgamesh fall in love. First season is very fun and comfy. After that, it becomes more grounded and less fantastical, and Chiaki and Nodame act like human beings which is problematic when you want escapism, but that helped to make them feel more real as characters. I like it. That's it.

>trumpet
>musician
kek

youtube.com/watch?v=Ut_vq0eN1WA

I don't need some NEET anime faggot who loves traps to explain musicianship to me.

If you can play a string instrument well, you can land a gig with any band in town. If you play a wind instrument well, you can play for the coma patients at the hospital.

Live drama.

I probably would have liked this one the best if they didn't fuck with the order of events.

Now this is hilarious.

>Shitgatsu wa
Retarded 12 year kids and melodrama? No thx

kek, those crazy nips

Video game!

Shoujo dramas are the best. I don't know what special effects they use, but I adore them.

Nodame Cantabile has to be one of the few exceptions where both manga and the anime is great, but the live action show somehow manages to be either equally good, if not superior.

>TFW they actually turn Von Stresemann into being even more GOAT with just putting a Japanese actor in a wig.

To be fair, most lives are pretty awful.

But yeah, that actor is awesome. He's everywhere.

I like the live action the best. Also the only live action I watched.

No

Shitgatsu > Toradora