What did you think of Advent Children when it first came out? What do you think of it now?

What did you think of Advent Children when it first came out? What do you think of it now?

The start was interesting and it looked cool but I didn't like the fact that they had to all fuse into Sephiroth to boost sales.

Not anime
Not manga
>>>out

Looking at your image, it does look like Kingsglaive managed to improve realism in its 3D, especially the environments.

>not anime
it was made in Japan, wasn't it?
being 2d is not what makes an anime

Kill yourself.

Kill blond edgy shithead. ZACK IS BETTER!

>Then
I like Tifa's boobs
>Now
I like Tifa's boobs

SPOILER AERITH DIES

Great CG. Shitty story.

right when it came out in japan, i made the omnislash as a gif to put as an avatar for whatever shit forums
enjoyed the butthurt

I thought it was shit then and I think it's shit now.

I was 13 and thought it was amazing. I saw it on X-play so I thought it must be cool and bought the DVD with my allowance.

Even though I had never in my life played FFVII or any of the other games related to the movie and still haven't.

Now I don't really give a damn about it.

It looked really interesting when the trailers came out, but it was obviously shit.

- All the characters, but mostly Cloud and Tifa, lost any and all unique aspects of their character designs because SE was sucking Gaket's cock at the time and they wanted Tifa to look liker her VA (or however you spell that washed up pop star faggots name)

- Retconned Cloud's character to a sniveling crybaby little bitch who hides from his family and moans about Aerith's death when he had gotten over all that by the end of the game.

- Brought in three completely stupid unnecessary silver haired faggots for no fucking reason. Not to mention they were absolute shit and uninteresting characters.

- Reno and Rude were cringe comic relief instead of being the chill bro's the were in the game

- Yuffie screaming about bugs

- Useless character cameos because they didn't know what to do with Red, Berrit, Cait Sith, and Cid.

- CG was better in Spirits Within

- The real Cloud was supposed to be a shy, kind, but sort of angry guy but his personality is forever changed to some sudo badass broding cuntface in a simaler vain to Sasuke.

Remind me if I forgot something.

The motorcycle scene was metal as fuck.
Other than that, meh.

>- Retconned Cloud's character to a sniveling crybaby little bitch who hides from his family and moans about Aerith's death when he had gotten over all that by the end of the game.
True. It muddled the development he got from the game; it's ok for him to be mopey, but the movie messes it up.

>- Brought in three completely stupid unnecessary silver haired faggots for no fucking reason. Not to mention they were absolute shit and uninteresting characters.
There were there so Sephiroth could come back, though they only need Kadaj.

Which one? There's like three

They were all over the top stupid and with the camera moving around like some spastic ADHD child, you could barely tell what the fuck was going on.

Nothing but trash. Good Shinra fanservice, tho.

Ok, this is a legit complaint. If you slow down some of the fights, you can see some real neat shit going on:

>Kadaj jumping off of Cloud's sword in their last fight
>Cloud's sword boomeranging back to him in the Bahamut fight
>Sephiroth using reverse grip for a split second
>Seph also loses his balance for a second in the last battle

But for some reason, everything is cut and edited in such a way that the battles are both flashy yet incomprehensible on the first viewing.

Ever since he came to smash I fucking hate this edgemaster.

>SE wants Cloud to be the poster boy for brooding emo fag
>Cloud "Alright everyone, let's mosey" Striffe will never come back
I'm sad

Holy shit, what the fuck is that last one!

Dissidia seems to be changing that

I think it's from a G Bike mobile game?

>Dissidia seems to be changing that
How exactly? He still seems like the same asshole as AC.

user YOU RUINED IT.

>G Bike mobile game?
Absolutely disgusting. Not even trolling. Fuck SE

when will smash become a fighting game?

damn man. I feel like I punk for not noticing.

>>>out

DILLY DALLY SHILLY SHALLY
I
L
L
Y

D
A
L
L
Y

S
H
I
L
L
Y

S
H
A
L
L
Y

All I remember is it being released like three thousand times

It sucked then it sucks now. It turned Cloud and Sephiroth into the exact thing people made fun of them for being.

Also it needed more Yuffie

His facials seem a bit more confident; he even has a new stance (albeit it doesn't really make sense). He generally feels like he does at the start of FFVII

Don't feel that way. I saw that reverse grip on a whim. It's a shame because they make those fights more interesting

The original KH version of Cloud is probably the best looking most accurate to his original design we'll ever get.

>Also it needed more Yuffie
>"OH MY GOD BUGS!"
No fuck you.

Ideally the OH MY GOD BUGS would be removed as well

Cloud was fine in Dirge of Cerebus.

He was dying of super cancer at the time of the movie man.

>He was dying of super cancer at the time

that's another sack of stupid in itself

>Cloud was fine in Dirge of Cerebus.
How the hell would you even know this? He was only shown helping out in action sequences for 5 minutes or less.

>"I have lifestream cancer. I guess that means I should run away from my family, keep them in the dark about said cancer, live in a dilapidated church, and cry about the girl Sephiroth killed three years ago."

No, it was fucking stupid user.

the blu ray version of the seph fight was much better than the first release

I liked the extended Zack scenes in Advent Children Complete, tying it in with Crisis Core's ending.

>That part where Seph stabs him through the foot to the shoulder

The extended cut did do a better job of explaining shit but overall AC is still crap.

Also, screw CC. Turned Tifa into a 14 year old whore. What the fuck was wrong with her original cute conservative cowgirl outfit? They really have to just go back and fuck with everything don't they.

I quite like the A.C outfits. It's what I use in Dissidia

didn't they replace that with cloud just getting stabbed like 5000000 times instead XD

I downloaded the Blu-ray of this the other week, still haven't watched it. I got the DVD as a gift when it was still a new thing.

AC Tifa looks like hell in Dissidia. It's mostly her hair and face though. The only time I think she ever looked good in that outfit was in KH2. She was a fucking QT in that game

That was also around the time I realized square enix is in trouble.

The only thing I didn't like about Tifa's original outfit was that she had a leather skirt instead of leather short shorts. That would have not only looked so much better not to mention practical for a martial artist.

Personally, I would love a complete overhaul of their secondary outfits. Every character had some stupid emp black leather motif going on which looked awful.

Something close to pic related would have been neet.

Deciding to butcher Cloud's character by making him what the fans thought he was rather than what he actually was was a retarded idea.

My brother, Zack was fucken enjoyable to be around or at least had the capacity to smile.

I remember that this was like THE hypest shit when it was coming out. Like, "holy fuck, this will be the greatest thing to come out of Japan" sort of thing

And it was just alright. Really confusing story honestly.

I liked it.

I think it doesn't hold up well.

>mfw someone in the fucking dub script thought this was a good idea
>And it was said multiple times

The BD (ACC) is around 40 minutes longer than the dvd version. They tided up scenes and added new ones adding in more character development for other characters such as Zack, and Denzel. I liked ACC but hated AC.

The japanese version was just as retarded so shut your pocky hole

>Denzel

Denzel can go to fucking hell

I really really hate that this movie essentially forever turned Cloud and Sephiroth into essentially what people joked about what they could have been forever and what's worse is that a lot of people grew up with AC as part of, if not, their first exposure to FFVII along with the KH portrayals so we've essentially got brooding dark Cloud and ultra fabulous "dindu nuthin" Seph for the rest of our lives

On a technical level I think it's one of the most magnificent looking CGI films ever, we need more like it. I wonder just how much of it was mo-cap though.

Actually, if you get the subbed version of the extended cut, the true meaning of that in English would be closer to "Drag drag drag" which make a shit load more snese since Cloud is still draging all of his old baggage shit around and won't let go.

Spirits Within was better looking then AC and that came out years before. Seriously, the whole Asian doll look was fucking stupid then and fucking stupid now.

>- CG was better in Spirits Within

no it fucking wasn't

Always thought that the super cancer just caused depression

I mean everyone with super cancer (Vincent, Rufus, those white-haired bitch troop) also were brooding.

By the recommendation of some user, I listened to the fan audiobooks of On the Way to a Smile and following up with ACC. It makes it much more enjoyable.

It turned the cocky, tryhard-confident Cloud into a emo doormat.

Yes it fucking was you blind retard. And despite the story being complete shit the characters at least looked like actual human beings.

more like uncanny valley dolls

AC did the best with their aesthetic but SW tried and failed miserably with theirs.

Entertaining, nice CGI and action, godawful and confusing plot. A decade won't change that.

>What did you think of Advent Children when it first came out?
FFVI!!!!!!!!! HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!
> What do you think of it now?
Better CGI than berserk

Plot is that everyone that was injected with jenova cells got cancer

bunch of white-haired faggots thought that reviving the devil (Sephiroth) would cure them so they stole the last bits of Sephiroth they could find pissing everyone off

MC kicks their asses and Jesus (Aerith) heals them at the end.

>more like uncanny valley dolls
If anything AC was uncanny valley since they tried to do some kind of realistic looking/anime hybrid character and it just ended up looking like faggot doll/sudo Japanese shit.

I also, don't see anything uncanny about the characters in Spirits Within

The only time any FF7 the characters actually look comparable to their original designs in 3D is in Cloud in Kingdom Hearts 1 and everyone else in Kingdom Hearts 2

>Plot is that everyone that was injected with jenova cells got cancer
The plot was that dead Sephroth was corrupting the lifestream to give the living cancer.

It has an anime.

I remember Last Order being the only good one.

KG was ass are you kidding me? Atleast AC had consistency. The only good looking models in KG were the mocapped ones and they looked terrible in motion.

Younger me remembers the Cloud vs. Sephiroth fight being flashy and tight shit just for Omnislash, but that's about it.

Thanks for reminding me I still need to sit down and watch Kingsglaive one of these days.

Cloud was depressed because he was dying and it just brought the guilt of not saving Aerith back up, which I don't think he ever got over completely. Basically like re-opening old wounds. It's brought up in CoT when Tifa finds a letter from Aerith's mom wanting Cloud to bring flowers to her water grave or something and Tifa freaks out because she knows it's a sensitive subject for Cloud and something he still struggled with.

>not liking gbike cloud

GAAAYYY

Tifa was always a whore, stop your delusions.

VIII > VII

Yea, the Japanese version was "zuruzuruzuruzuru" which basically is implying he's dragging stuff around from his past. It was something Aerith said to him, so it resonated. The point was kinda lost in the English version because people didn't get what the fuck a shilly shally was.

>Final Fantasy High School edition
>good

anyway
X > VII > VIII

I know, I read Cot. It was a poorly written piece of crap. Also, the creators themselves said they retconned Cloud so they could have a plot for their shitty movie. Some user used to post a screencap of an old japanese q&a in Sup Forums a while back that proves it. Wish I had kept it now.

You're a whore. Tifa is pure and has loved Cloud since she was a kid. Aerith and Yuffie are the real sluts.
>That third picture where she's on the floor crying after her moms death.
Really user? For Shame.

Zack was better. Does anyone remember Dirge of Cerberus? I somehow liked Vincent in that one. More interesting than Cloud as a main character.

I prefer Squall over Cloud simply because he's better looking

>GAAAYYY
Well he's basically a leather clad faggot.

I don't know about well-written, but him being depressed because he's dying isn't that unrealistic. That usually happens when people know they're dying. and given everything that's written about his feelings for Aerith, I think him getting proper closure for not saving her was a good idea.

Honestly, VII wasn't well-written either and I think a lot of nostalgia fags don't notice that. The individual stories for characters were nice and charming and made you feel, but overall as a story it wasn't that well put together.

Squall is also infinitely more entertaining in Dissidia than Cloud.

I liked it when it was new, I was in middle school, and new literally nothing about FF7 outside of KH.

Now I don't hate it, but I don't like it. OST is top tier and fight scenes hold up still. I used to think everything looked so realistic cause "Wow you can see the pores on his skin!" It reminds me of DOA now with the animu eyes. Should have been less Nomura pretty boys and more Zack. Crisis Core is a savior.

Tifa is trash who never hung out with Cloud. She only had a boner for him when he was the coolguy who all the chicks were fawning over. Classic case of popular girl thinking the loser is suddenly worth her time because everyone else wants him too.

>really user

I like how you call Aerith and Yuffie sluts, but when it comes to Trashfa, it's srsbsns. Waifufags are the worst.

He rides a bike. The game is literally about him riding a bike. Leather is pretty common for people who ride motorcycles all the time. Besides, it looks cool.

Still good & cool as fuck. This movie visual & direction had blown my mind when I was in middle school.
Fenrir is still my dream bike until now. Too bad it seems that bike can't even turn left or right normally.

Cloud got fucked the moment Nomura got his hands on him.
He got turned into a bag of issues completely different from the one he used to have, and he was made emo to boot (thought this was rather popular in the early and mid 2000s, sadly).

Nomura's new design also made Cloud look like a fucking woman. The best design he's got is Dissidia's. At least he looks like a man in there.

Cloud is supposed also to be white. Thus that "let's use a Japanese model on him, but use Caucasian traits on him too" ends up looking really, really odd, especially when the Japanese model is androgynous (leaning to feminine) as fuck.

Also, Cloud and Zack were supposed to look very similar, yet their current designs look nothing alike, not even the spikey hair.

Cloud's design for the remake is even weirder, as Cloud looks devoid of almost any muscle.

Nomura is a shit designer.

I still cringe at the thought.

>KG was ass
Could you elaborate further?

Pointless addition that regressed cloud for the sake of drama. Cool to watch though.

>but him being depressed because he's dying isn't that unrealistic.
I think what people find unrealistic is not that he's depressed about dying but that he leaves his home to live in a dilapidated church while and chose to die alone and leave Tifa and the kids out of the loop. And on top of that his brooding about "I couldn't save Aerith therefore I can't save anyone so I should just give up" is crap.

You're trash who obviously never played the fucking game. Tifa always wanted Cloud to hang out with her and always thought of him as her friend but he was too fucking busy being a bitter little cunt because the other guys happened to have the same idea as him. That's why he got into fights with them. He even fucking said so. Cloud was a little shit going "Bawww I want to be her only guy friend."

>She only had a boner for him when he was the coolguy who all the chicks were fawning over.
It was obvious she never gave a shit whether Cloud was famous or not. She only wanted him to be famous when she was fucking 12 so she could read about him in the newspapaer. And no girl wanted Cloud except for Aerith the slut. Tifa was the only girl who even knew and liked the "real" Cloud in the first place.

Keep fagging faggot.

>Cloud looks like a fucking woman

user, this is the guy who realistically passed for an attractive woman at Don Corneo's. Cloud was always pretty.

I agree about him not looking like Zack though. They fucked up with that one.

I think his remake design is realistic because of mako but I don't know if this is acknowledged by the devs. If he looks like that the whole game, it is pretty retarded.

>Nomura is a shit designer

I like some of his designs, but I understand why people don't like him because of his direction on Cloud leading to Cloud only being portrayed that way in all media after that. Even though he gets over it by the end of AC and in DoC? he's back to being pretty normal.

Do you know what depression is? Isolating yourself is one of the defining traits of depression. Self-hate and blame is as well. Depressed people feel guilty a lot and seeing as he never got proper closure for Aerith's death I'm not surprised it blew up like it did.

and Aerith frees him of his guilt and he does get over it and stops being a bitch by the end.

>What did you think of Advent Children when it first came out?
Shit.

Like pretty much everyone else I was a big FFVII fan when I was a teenager, but even despite that I realised what a piece of garbage this was.

>What do you think of it now?
Shit.

>Tifa always wanted Cloud to hang out with her
>thought of him as a friend

Yet they never hung out. I'm sorry but if she liked him so much, she would've hung out with him anyway.

The only real interaction she had with him was the water tower where she stongarms him into some shallow promise to become famous and be her hero.

and Jessie wanted Cloud, so did Yuffie. He was suddenly the "cool" guy that girls liked.

Tifa never knew the real Cloud, she was a plot device that just happened to be with him when shit went down so she could put his mind back together. the "slut" Aerith was the one who saw the real him because of her abilities.

>user, this is the guy who realistically passed for an attractive woman at Don Corneo's. Cloud was always pretty.
Being able to pass off as a woman with enough makeup is one thing. That means he has some soft facial features, but that doesn't necessarily have to translate into him looking really feminine.

Think about Zack, you could place a wig on him and place enough makeup on him, and he could also pass as a woman. Yet, he still manages to look manly.

>I think his remake design is realistic because of mako
He trained for SOLDIER. He received military training for several years. He was a grunt to boot, so he didn't develop the extra strength until Hojo experimented on him.

Zack, Sephiroth, Angeal had muscles, even Genesis did.

Well Psych 101 you know who else can be depressed? People who live with entire families and commit suicide while everyone says they didn't see anything wrong. There are dozens of different ways to handle the situation, but the movie just had to take the CRAWWWLING IIIN MY SKIIIIN route.