That's a lot of American dead in the battle of the bulge for just five weeks of fighting. Srsly, Germany mauled them

That's a lot of American dead in the battle of the bulge for just five weeks of fighting. Srsly, Germany mauled them

Other urls found in this thread:

fas.org/irp/doddir/navy/german.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

German men were the most soldiers of the war, this is hardly an unknown fact. How is this surprising?

The Germans gave it all they had left, like the rest of the war it wasn't enough to overcome the Allied advantage in manpower and equipment. The Nazis lost before the war even started.

*most lethal soldiers of the war

We'll apparently now maybe, just not what I grew up with

(Prussian) Germany has always been insanely strong in warfare

>the most superior military full of pure fucking bred ubermencsh killed some of your men
Huh who would've guessed

Yeah but you would think for a battle that went from the 16th of December to the 25th of January that occurred in an area less than 150 square miles, the losses would be way lower

true

God willing Youtube dies soon.

Haha! on the contrary, there is not a more fitting place for those posts than Sup Forums

Germany threw everything they had at them and almost won. If only they had captured that fuel depot.
It cannot be understated how important the lack of fuel was in Germany's defeat. Rommel often complained that his troop movements were dictated not by the map, but by his gas gauge.
As for the battle of the bulge, remember, these were German teenage conscripts fighting the Allied advance, not the seasoned blitzkrieg troops from 1939 (many of which had been lost to the meat grinder of the eastern front).
Imagine how things had turned out if they were the ones defending the German lines?

Even more impressive that the Germans inflicted this damage with old men and teenage boys

German military doctrine was decades ahead of its time. The US studied it hard after the war, but shelved it until the harsh lessons of Vietnam. Only in the 1980s did they start to embrace it, and really tested it out for the first time in the Gulf war.
Fun fact: the english translation of the 1930's German field manual, Truppenfuhrung, was not declassified by the US government until 2003

>these were German teenage conscripts fighting the Allied advance, not the seasoned blitzkrieg troops from 1939 (many of which had been lost to the meat grinder of the eastern front).

Wait, so you're telling me the most war-experienced, most badass Wehrmacht soldiers got #rekt by Red Army Ural peasants?

Got a link to that field manual

Wrong.
These WERE the top teir German forces, and throughout the war the U.S. had a 5 to 1 K/D Ratio over the Germans, with Kasserine being the only battle lost.

>throughout the war the U.S. had a 5 to 1 K/D Ratio over the Germans

No, the United States did not (ever) achieve a 5 to 1 K/D Ratio over the Germans. America wasn't even able to achieve a 1 to 1 kill to death ratio against German soldiers.

Note: casualties are not the same as killed. It includes captured, so obviously the numbers are in favor of the US as millions of Germans surrendered to America at the end of the war

>throughout the war the U.S. had a 5 to 1 K/D Ratio over the Germans

No, the United States did not (ever) achieve a 5 to 1 K/D Ratio over the Germans. America wasn't even able to achieve a 1 to 1 kill to death ratio against German soldiers.

Note: casualties are not the same as killed. It includes captured, so obviously the numbers are in favor of the US as millions of Germans surrendered to America at the end of the war

War is so fucking retarded it's unbelievable. I really hate humanity.

Trillions of dollars that could have been used to unite and uplift the human race, and instead it gets poured into weapons and supplies to be completely wasted on a bunch of conscript soldiers murdering their brethren because they're so insanely obedient and slave-like.

Fuck humanity. It's fucking haunting how psychotic and inadequate humanity is.

>These WERE the top teir German forces, and throughout the war the U.S. had a 5 to 1 K/D Ratio over the Germans
>this is what americans actually believe

i highly doubt you had a 5/1 Ratio against gook farmers, so thinking you would have it against one of the most renown army in human history is beyond delusional.

>and almost won

What would that achieve though? They were getting absolutely assfucked on the Eastern Front.

Wrong.
>U.S. killed
>416,800
>4.4 to 5.3 MILLION.
And do note, the U.S. deaths are BOTH the Pacfic and European front.

No, we had a 25/1 kill ratio. In Korea nearly 40/1.

>German casualties
>4.3 to 5.4 million

United States military deaths were around 58,209. Over a million gooks from the North died at the highest estimates and around 500,000 at the lowest. But yeah we totally didn't have a 5/1 k/d lol.

>if you kill your enemy, they win

We lost because of Commie infiltration back at home. Just because you got BTFO of your stupid bullshit you said doesn't mean you need to be all assblasted.

If Germany hadn't lost as early as they did, they just would have eaten some fucking atomic bombs before surrendering like the japs did.

Considering casualty rates were over 2:1 in favor of the Germans, they didn't get rekt as much as they were just overwhelmed by the amount of ruskies charging.

Thats what happens when youre surrounded by the enemy in horrible weather conditions with planes grounded. Considering the circumstances its actually a very heroic victory. The germans were held back long enough for reinforcements to arrive.

I hate jewish commissars so much ,how many white russians got killed by some brutal jewish commie sending them to the slaughterhouse is insane ,i bet the number of jewish military personell in the whole war was below 10k

Only the Jew won World War 2.

I recommend the translation by Condell and Maj Gen Zabecki. I think it is called "On the German Art of War". Gives a whole lot of background and insight to go along with it.
I can't find a pdf for the whole book, but for one of the vanilla field manuals for a start fas.org/irp/doddir/navy/german.pdf Note the emphasis on "initative" at the unit level. It is a standard concept today in US doctrine, but at the time it was revolutionary to the world

So all those prime seasoned troops just hung around Paris drinking wine and chasing skirts while the troops on the eastern front were getting zerg rushed and large numbers were never transferred to a combat zone and replaced with rear echelon forces?

>Not understanding why (((they))) like war
Ever notice the technological leaps that are made as a direct result of war? WWII gave us rockets, jets, and nuclear energy and weapons. What might the next war create?

Yeah, Allies caputred my gramps in France, too. Chased them in circles until their fuel ran out, then captured them.

>believing in the nuclear Jew
Theres a reason why only Jewish scientists showed any interest in "Nukes". Because its junk science, but a good tool in fooling the goyim into submission so they never rise up again. Japan was firebombed/TNT bombed.

>implying there was any chance they'd lose

Give link bud.

Of course there was.

So what? Did it help Germany in the long run? Or was it just a waste of white lives?

Sure buddy. That whole rounding them up and stopping them holding positions of power over Aryans was just a joke.

You totally are on the presumtion that germans did know what the end results be like. Imagine what could have been if germany won ,we would probably have space colonies already

Yes they did. Overwhelmed by manpower, materiel, and lack of preparedness for attrition warfare

Mmmmuricaaa, we weer da numba one warmachine in da bug world wars yes sir, my grandpaa wuz in da airborne and i've got a legal shotgun hud-diddly-doo Murica we won da big woors by ourselves, yes siree!

These weren't all top tier German troops, they used the battered to shit 7th Army during the offensive which was so undermanned they had to be supplemented by Volksgrenadiers. Then there was a Fallschirmjager night drop, don't recall the name of the operation, using inexperienced pilots, and the paras might as well have been Volks given parachutes. There was a number of experienced and elite German troops during the offensive, but a large amount of the German force was inexperienced and poorly trained.