So Sup Forums, are SHAFT hacks or are they geniuses?

So Sup Forums, are SHAFT hacks or are they geniuses?
Let's face it, the jury's in one way or the other at this point.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3u6lyeC5jOo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They are closer to hacks than geniuses

Neither really, just like any a whole bunch other studios. At their best in the Team Shinbo era they made some of the most creative and entertaining anime the industry had to offer at their worst more recently they have just been making pale half assed attempts at imitating that which they had previously achieved.

Why do they use powerpoint slides in their animation?

I'm not a robot

Why do you use tired memes in your posts?

It's their "style"

"The image that I have on Shaft is the "student who isn't an honor-student, but very famous". Including Shinbo, all staff in Shaft aren't really a genius but still have an image of having some kind of genius-like talents, and also have some sense, so even though they didn't change a lot in "Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica", they are showing their image more distinctively than they did before."
-Ume Aoki

Shaft, not genuises. Confirmed by Ume-sensei

She's just mad cause she had a crush on Mami-san

Can I vish Shaft Studios like how Kyoani have that shitty store at their studio?

wait for march comes like a lion.

while kyoani is memeing with le deaf girl and music sol, SHAFT is creating a truly remarkable work.

Is the PV anywhere?

ITT: people who don't like Monogatari or Nisekoi and people who have actually watched more than one show by SHAFT.

Akiyuki Shinbo would be the last person to call himself a genius, but I think his work shows real skill at making the most visually interesting work he can given a limited budget and/or shitty material (i.e. Nisekoi). He's also had a knack for matching voice talent to roles. Every studio is going to end up producing QUALITY work at some point, but Shinbo generally at least produces consistently watchable shows. T

nope.

actually, these threads are secretly insincere schemes to gather replies such as yours and mine

That's weird for something that starts in a month. Dying to see it, though.

I love talking about Shaft. All the time in fact.

>Kyoani Shaft Kyoani Shaft Kyoani Shaft Kyoani Shaft Kyoani Shaft Kyoani Shaft Kyoani Shaft Kyoani Shaft Kyoani Shaft Kyoani Shaft Kyoani Shaft Kyoani Shaft Kyoani Shaft Kyoani Shaft

90% of Sup Forums on a given day

what's more rare is that shaft is doing a 2 cour show that isn't monogatari.

march comes like a lion is 22 episodes. with both the ending and opening done by bump of chicken, so it's pretty high profile.

It's SHAFT. There won't be a PV for another 2 weeks. They're probably off schedule as always.

>comparing a 22 episode anime to a movie

>replying to known troll picture

With the mighty NHK funding, 3gatsu will probably look as good or better than any high profile anime movies such as GitS, Akira or Kimi no na Wa. Just look at that amazing flapping mouth animation, no other TV anime can compare.

Not to mention it will air during prime time

I hope they kill Fate for good. Silver Link put it on life support. It just needs the final blow. Don't fail us.

Is Araragi still in it?

If they manage to kill Fate, Aniplex will kill them. Doesn't sound so bad actually, two birds with one stone

I doubt they'd do a worse job than DEEN.

>from an award winning novel
>novel
Sasuga KyoAnifags, describing the themes of something you haven't read a single page of.

There is a PV for it on NHK's youtube channel. It looks passable by anime standards, above average for Shaft standards probably because they don't have Aniplex as the top production committee member screaming at them to make it look as much like Monogatari as humanly possible for commercial reasons.

Who can Kill Aniplex though? How much would it cost?

trolled hard

The only ones who can kill Aniplex are Sony.

youtube.com/watch?v=3u6lyeC5jOo

Maybe if you people ever looked up from your shitposting for a second you'd notice these things are actually out. Also nope on your theory there sorry to tell you.

What theory?

Then only Nintendo can kill Sony

It looks nothing like monogatari. It looks like SHAFT. Shinbo looked like SHAFT before he even got to SHAFT or considered working on monogatari.

trick'd

Why are Araragi and Nadeko always together?

Are you retarded or just blind? SHAFT looked nothing like Shibo before he joined them. Have you even watched their earlier garbage like He's My Master, Popotan, Rec, Koni-chan? If anything they had a more Gainax feel since they worked as their lapdogs often.

I miss zero budget shaft. And by that I mean early hidamaris.

They're still the same zero budget SHAFT, except nowadays they use Bake-style gimmicks for all their shows.

That fever dream episode is some inspired stuff

Why does Sup Forums insist on treating studios like a single person? Shinbo, Oishi, Oonuma etc. are all clearly geniuses while others like Miyamoto and Itamura could well be hacks. A studio is just a culture and structure around the people, a studio's staff and therefore quality can change drastically in short periods of time. Not to mention most of the more day to day tasks of a studio are regularly outsourced, so dividing shows by studio is often extremely pointless.

Not if it's KyoAni the one being treated like a single entity. For other studios yeah it doesn't make sense.

Simbo is not a genius according to Ume

Not him, but it still doesn't make sense. The directors are individual human beings with differences.

Bake gimmicks are inherited from hidamari.

Not Shinbo.

Not at SHAFT. Their directors aren't allowed to breathe.

Did KyoAni get any freelancers? I noticed they were hiring.

Dat brand power.

The Stanley Kubrick of the anime industry. Only that Shinbou cares about the source material.

Too bad his goons don't.
Oishi doesn't count as a goon

They're genius hacks.