The absolute state of atheism

the absolute state of atheism

Other urls found in this thread:

samharristhefraud.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Buddhism isn't necessarily theistic

Why did he say this?
Does he believe white people are worse than the other races?

multicultural leftist identity politics:
>stop killing black people
>men are inherently chauv pigs
>punch a nazi

white identity politics:
>eugenics
>get rid of jews and destroy israel
>create ethnostate
>whites are superior

hmm i wonder which is worse LOL............

It's more naturalist but it does promote a spirituality of the self, in that you are (and everyone else is) God through meditating and achieving a higher state of consciousness, just like the Buddha is said to have done. However, this does conflict with religions such as Christianity. There is such a thing as Christian Buddhism but it's pretty retarded, some guy trying to have his cake and eat it too. Either way, for atheists to try and move towards any type of Buddhism is pretty funny. From my experience it's the best entry into spiritual philosophy and religion as a whole, even though it isn't really a religion. Personally Christianity is far more convincing in terms of its teachings even though it isn't as heavy on the naturalism as Buddhism. A lot of people (the humanist types) seem to not like that for some reason and reject it completely (such as concepts as the patriarchy). I am convinced atheists are just retarded.

Generalize much?

$0.05

I shouldn't keep calling these people retarded though. There is a hierarchical method of which people learn things. I believe atheists are equally as inexperienced as agnostics, and that they are more inclined to lean towards Asian philosophies (in ways appropriated by the West or not) while still not parting too far from their atheistic mindset. But I think for people who are born outside of Asian cultures, Buddhism should be a stepping stone to greener pastures. Especially in the western world, considering Christianity is the basis of our culture and not Buddhism.

I agree multiculturalism is far worse

Other races can exist peacefully within white identity societies as a lower class citizen.

Multilculti identity politics leads to a collapse of a civilization where everyone will be an equal non-citizen of a wasteland dying of hunger.

Christianity comes with a lot of beliefs that are tough to swallow for the rationalist atheist crowd. Buddhism offers tangible practices where you can put them to use and see the results for yourself. In Christianity you are just supposed to have faith in all these stories that on the surface just look like fairy tales and are easily dismissed by people with a scientific way of thinking. That's why Buddhism and eastern philosophy attract so many modern western intellectuals. Secular Buddhist concepts and methods are gaining mainstream appeal in places like silicon valley and large liberal cities where Christianity is mostly looked down on.

Good post, it is indeed quite easy to "debunk" the Bible purely by asserting a humanistic philosophy. It is no wonder silicon valley has taken this sort of stance in the name of materialistic and/or scientific liberation.

It provides emotional comfort without the personification (and hierarchy) of Christianity.

Sorry, but you're a little mistaken. There is no self. Therefore, you cannot be God. You are speaking of projecting the illusory ego onto the Absolute. In Buddhism, the complete quietude of thought, leads to direct awareness of the world perceived to be [in front] of you, without the {you}. It is purely scientific as well. In science, there is no empirical evidence of a subject. It is implied. Who you think you are, is just an idea. In some more advanced forms of Buddhism, Philosophy is strongly shunned. In fact Koans are used to shatter and destroy rational thinking. The world/ Absolute reveals itself in the present moment. It doesn't need our internal dialogue to constantly define it. That very defining, or generalizing process is what obscures direct perception.

I didn't like this smug whinny bitch to begin with.

I've never understood the appeal of Sam Harris and I've tried to listed to him a few times. He just sounds whiny and emotional, am I missing out?

This
It is not a religion like how Catholicism is a religion.
It’s different but my English isn’t good enough to explain how. It’s more like a spiritual philosophy like confuscius

>there is no self

You're on the right track but you might want to reassess that bit.

Let me guess, there is only the self?
fucking buddhists man

>>eugenics
>>get rid of jews and destroy israel
>>create ethnostate
>>whites are superior
What is wrong with anything you listed here?

Sam Harris is a cuck but his book about islamic extremism was my intro to red pills. Good thing to show moderate liberals if they exist anymore

The
>buddhism isn't a religion meme
is the purest fucking idiocy.
kys

no, a definite stance is not taken either way. There are no self views including a view that there is no self

multicultural left identity politics:
>destroy western culture, religion, and ethnic homogeneity
>create world government with complete free movement of people and goods where everyone is an undifferentiated consumer working for low wages due to global scale competiton from other workers as well as machines
>all nation states are rendered irrelevant or destroyed
>no one has a history, culture, or identity

white identity politics:
>create ethnostate
>every nation exists in peace with its culture and homogeneity preserved including Israel
>every country uses their unique talents and abilities to develop the nations uniquely right for their people
>people not only have an individual identity and individual rights, but they have a collective National identity which gives meaning, trust, and a sense of belonging to the citizenry

"shmuel horowitz" is an overblown fraud
samharristhefraud.com/

He's a member of the new atheist crowd going after low hanging fruit against religion that seems new for people who are unaware of the history of the debate.

Plus he is a liberal Jew who only likes religious people when they die for Israel. He supports US mideast wars and invading Iran.

He appeals to: edgy fedora atheists, neocons and leftists/liberals. There are enough of these people in America alone to give him a comfy life.