Other urls found in this thread:

newadvent.org/summa/1049.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Sodom
>Gomorrah

>claims he is merciful
>order 2 bears to destroy 42 children for making fun of a bald man

>le edgy autiste
evil is not created. in fact strictly speaking it does not possess any independent ontological status at all. evil is the absence of Being.

evil is a spook
have a (you) you crave so much

>evil is the absence of Being

Evil is necessary to contrast the good. No negative means no positive

>someone doing you a favour only matters if if a child gets raped somewhere
woah..................so this is the power.............................of Christian damage control

If evil is 'necessary' (keked at this) then why do we need a (((benevolent))) god? (he isn't benevolent anyway)

>Evil is the absence of good, not the opposite of it
>Just as ignorance is the absence of knowledge, not the inoperable opposite of it
>Just as zero is a number empty of value but that can be filled
You shills are fucking retarded.

>claims to light up the day
>casts shadows

and who are you all? fence-sitters?

>implying God can judge one without them having completely free will

Evil is a social construct! Judgmental people are why we can't have nice things!

>evil is the absence of good, not the opposite of it
>evil is not the opposite of good
you need help

>Amerrican mongrel education

There is no sweet without the sour

Is dark the opposite of light, or the absence of it?

In a colloquial sense, it's the opposite, sure, but in reality it is the absence of it.

He's actually right.
newadvent.org/summa/1049.htm

How would you know the difference if he didn't ?

Seriously ancaps are stupid

if God wants everyone to be saved while letting us retain our free will, why doesn't he just do it? he's omnipotent after all

0 is not the absence of value that's O "null"

>be omniescent, omnipotent and omnipresent
>still wear a 5000 year old douche hat

from my point of view the jedi are evil

Maybe we don't need a benevolent god

>begging me to stop because he has no retort
Cry more, faggot

>Gives some kids a cookie
>Other kids see
>You’re oppressing me by not giving me a cookie REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Lol this guy is on a spiritual journey, he’s gonna make it guys

We’re all here to help you ancap bro

good poem

Lurker here. Meme flags destroyed this shit hole.

Thank you

Very well put, very clear, and refutes the point precisely.

Where are you in your spiritual journey brother?

There's three kinds of opposites: negation, extremity, and absense. In this case light.
-negation; whatever returns a product of nil with the object (light vs vaccuum, or "darkness")
-extremity; the same object with opposite actions/reactions (infrared light vs ultraviolet light)
-absence; simply the lack of the original object (light vs no light)
It's all about perspective and phrasing.

>creates evil

No. created freedom to choose something other than God... being something that can only lead to evil.

Ever heard “if you love something set it free?”

>Ancap
>Being retarded
Okay, I'm gonna give you an example
Let's say you find the border to the Observable Universe, and, against all odds, go beyond it, what happens? You go into Nothing?
No, that's not what happens. You see, the Universe as we know it, the physical and ergetical Universe, is limited. The number of particles the Universe is constituted of is set. However, the framework for this Universe, which is the three volumic variables (x,y and z) are infinite in nature. Basically, when you go ''out'' of the Universe you only expand it, and therefore what you observe isn't Nothing, but the Universe you brought along with you in the form of particles and atoms.
Nothing is the absence of Anything. Put Anything in there, and it becomes Anything, and therefore loses it's status as Nothing, theoretically forever, since you'll always leave some particles or atoms behind you because of friction and collisions with other particles, or just because of a lack of movement.
Same thing with ignorance. Ignorance can never really be reverted back to. You can't unlearn something. You can override it, sure, but it's never perpetual.
Evil is the same, with knowledge of virtues and causality; all Men search for good things, and not for bad things (read Socrates' elenchos) because searching for bad things is nonsensical. Searching for good things also applies to virtues. Nobody search for sins naturally except the ignorant. This brings us to our last point, would a virtuous man, who search for good things, then seek to hurt other men, if circumstances allowed him to circumvent this effect?
You guess the answer or go look it up.

This salvation would be meaningless

There are*

>be god
>fly over nursery
>point finger at babies
>you will have cancer, you will have cancer, you will have cancer, you will be healthy, you will have cancer, you will be healthy
>flies away with a great sense of accomplishment and benevolence

Evil is the result of free will rejecting good.

Yeah no.

Evil is the result of free will rejecting good in ignorance of causes and effects*
All men search for good things. Read

Wrong

Two very grateful children. Probably said their nighttime prayers.

You need to realize god does not exist and it is your belief that shapes your vision of the world.

Exactly how can you have a concept of good without a concept of evil?

>be god
>make pussy smell gross

You're a jew.

t. Incel

You want to see the light and know God.

That is why you cry out for us to save you from these wraiths that plague your mind. Maybe we won’t succeed today, but know that there is salvation in knowing God, and that it will bring you to having a purposeful life.

I also misspelt "absence" with "absense." Mornings aren't my strong suit.

And you're an American. Are we playing a certain game?

Life is described as a test. It's suppose to be unfair and full of evil and pain. The decisions you make now with the cards you're given are the determination of whether or not you'll enter the kingdom of heaven with God. That is the purpose of life.

I didn't read beyond the first sentence. Why would I?

No.

Olives and old cheese and darkbeer taste gross to immature people. A refined pallet learns to appreciate the acrid tang of a musky labia.

Eons ago your supreme self agreed to take part in this illusion, which "evil" is a facet of. It's not real. It serves as an anti-example like a bad parent.

t. canada

According to jewish books you guys play some game against leviathon or some shit.

Stalled, honestly.

Yeah, but it's best not to tax the metaphor too much.

>Evil is the same, with knowledge of virtues and causality; all Men search for good things, and not for bad things (read Socrates' elenchos) because searching for bad things is nonsensical.

Not all... or you have to modify the statement : good things according to their standards/interests... even if it may bring bad thing to others.

Let's follow in what I started here . Let's say God is indeed omniscient and all-knowing and all-loving. Omniscience implies he will know what will happen, what happens and what will happen, all the probabilities amounted to one singular equation that, through omnipotence, he can change at will.
All-knowing implies he understands the concepts of the seven virtues, and because he is all-loving, he applies them at all point.
God, by default, has free will, since he's perfect.
But does he really even chooses at this point? God can move reality at will so that it only does what is absolutely necessary, in all knowledge of causes, consequences, and always doing it so that in the long run, everyone IN HIS CARE is happy (of course, it rejects all who shun Him; you chsoe that path). God cannot predict what we will do with our ignorance and our own ability to choose; so that plan always has to recalculated everytime someone does something completely retarded.
In the end, however, he constantly recalculates, readjusts and reacts. Well, that's not like he can't do it, since he's omnipotent.
Point is, God is beyond Good and Evil. He does what He has to do since His position demands it; and don't forget that He has an understanding of the virtues, so He logically will follow those (all men search for good things).
In his own words, ''I am what I am''.

Well then you are lost.

>what is free will

>cancer is free will

Circumstantial equity is the cure to that. To recognize that, according to your knowledge of the situation and to the Seven Virtues, you chose one path, and that it might be wrong, is the curse that Mankin is blighted with, but not inherently a sin, is the only cure to evil.

>no such thing as god
>no such thing as evil

God never claimed benevolence. He loved us... Loving someone doesn't mean giving them everything they want whenever they wanted it.

''''''''''''''children'''''''''''''''''

>Literally the only absolute
>'w-why would he create x?'

you make this thread everyday

SAGE AND REPORT EVERYBODY

>claims he is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent
>doesn't wipe my ass after I take a shit
wtf? Proof he doesn't exist.

Your use of vague terms proves you are lost also. Speak of the reality of the human condition and you will speak something that is at least somewhat true.

Ugliest representation of God ive ever seen

2/10 not bang

Of course this would be posted by a jew.

Stop thinking of God as a bearded giant living in the clouds. Everything done by God is the best possible action because it's the only possible action. The universe is not accountable for your pleasure.

>cancer is caused by people abusing freewill

True, but I’m also pretty sure that loving people means not giving 6 year old kids leukaemia

why use the "seven virtue" thing?

God totally fucked Job over then had a shit fit before acknowledging Job was right. God is a degenerate gambler that got played by satan.

Free will is an illusion created by your ignorance of circumstances (all possible causes and effects to one event) and your ignorance of about what you seek, which is good things, ergo virtues, the good of the many, personnal comfort, transfiguration, etc.

>be omniscient
>be merciful
>knowingly creates humans who will suffer eternally
but muh free will!!

Fast track to heaven, brah. Dat kids partying in the lap of luxury right now... You should be jelly.

>you guys
That's your first mistake, generalizing. Do you really think every Jew believes in gods and heavens? That's your second.

>god possess the 7 virtues
- Humility : Bow to me and do not Bow to any other god, love me or you will burn in hell
- Kindness : Allow hell to exist
- Temperance : Hell is for eternity
- Chastity : had sex with Mary
- Patience : once i send you to hell it's over for you, no second chance bitch
- Charity : all people who disagree with me are going to hell
- Diligence : doesn't fix all the mess he created

>If I use a bunch of intelligent sounding words and call him ignorant I might sound smart!
I know the circumstances going on and it's all caused by willingly straying from God.

Because those are the virtues inherent to perfection
>Chastity
>Temperance
>Charity
>Diligence
>Patience
>Kindness
>Humility
As the Church recognizes it. Plato and Socrates recognized one virtue about all, and it was wisdom, and as we all know, wisdom is recognizing that you know nothing and can always know more.
Combine both these creeds and you've got God.
The challenge is to try to attain them in a mortal and ignorant mind, which is why circumstantial equity is something.
Equality is a lie. Equality can never be attained because none of us have similar circumstances to deal with, mainly because of free will.

Freewill is absolutely not an illusion, but its range is extremely limited. We only have control over our immediate decisions, and nothing more. Do I obey God, or do I commit a sin? Do I remain chaste until marriage, or do I become a thot-slaying Chad? You have to freewill to choose either one, but you're still on the linear path known as predestination.

>claims to be political post
>posts religion

Ha ok, the seven virtues of Catholicism.

need /rel/

Where should I post this thread then?

God never claimed to be benevolent. He’d love you as long as you were a follower.

>On account of pride, knowledge may often deceive you, but this gentle, loving affection will not deceive you. Knowledge tends to breed conceit, but love builds. Knowledge is full of labor, but love, full of rest
From the Cloud of the Unknowing

Dying slowly and painfully whilst my parents watch, sounds like a fun time.

All so I can party with some old dude who, according to his own fucking rules, gives people free will but then punishes people for not following his rules.

You're a retard.
God didn't create evil but he forsaw the advent of sin from Lucifer's rebellion, also you made the same thread around 2 days ago. Get new material at least.

He gave FREE WILL to all his creatures, He gave them freedom, the only gift we desire. We invented evil, so did His most powerful angel.
He gave us everything.
He even came down to us partially, as Hristos, and we nail him to a cross.
Only humans He created first were clean and in His image, and they betrayes Him, thus they got reproductive organs as still a gift from Him so that they continue their lives trough children. That is why sex is considered a sin, without the blessong.
You can fit in your rebellious fantasies of Odin as the accumulation of hemingjah, or jah as niggers call it, all that is earthbound, leading us to the original image and posture He created us in.
We are all collectively Adam and Eve, we are all one, jedan, odin.
And our destiny lies beyond this earthly realm

All evil on earth is man made.

So God can predict our actions. Why, if our lives are determined by God, does he not make them perfect?

Dare is say Jesus was a "false" Messiah and that's why the jews killed him and Trump is the real Messiah like some jews actually say?