Christianity and Halloween (Samhain)

This is a reminder that Christianity is a foreign religion to Europe, and that it's followers openly mock our ancient traditions.

agreed

Halloween is American culture.

Modern day Halloween originates from Samhain, an ancient Celtic festival. Irish immigrants brought it over to America, which eventually became to be known as Halloween. Ignorant Christian.

Christianity is not a Jewish trick. The fact that an idea appears in the Hebrew Bible does not mean it was exclusively thought up by Jewish goatherds. A lot of the concepts and stories in there are probably 10,000 years old.

Christianity is not just the Gospels. Even if it was, it is highly likely that Jesus was able to speak Greek and taught in Greek as well. Ancient Greek was the sort of lingua franca of the entire Mediterranean east of Italy and you needed it to trade with anyone born more than 50 miles away from you. How do you think Joseph and Mary survived in Egypt? In addition there are actually more Jewish gravestones from the time and area inscribed in Greek than in Aramaic. You'd hardly write your grandad's epitaph in a language you didn't understand.

It is highly likely that Jesus knew at least some Ancient Greek philosophy. It is almost certain that he spoke Greek to Pilate. There is no mention of an interpreter and Pilate hardly knew Aramaic. Then, over hundreds of years, the Gospels and Christian traditions were harmonised with the peoples of Europe. The idea that Christianity is anti-European is communist FUD aimed at making you doubt your place in the world and making you more open to replacing God with the state.

sorry, accidental EU flag. Also turning old pagan festivals Christian is a perfectly reasonable thing to do

>JEZUZ WUZ EUROPEAN N SHIET

Man, just look at this absolute reach, a desperate attempt to draw some connection between Christianity and ancient European culture.

No, no it really isn't. Especially when Christians like to gloss over the fact that most of their holidays are just bastardized versions of ancient Pagan festivals.

Twitter is degenerate.

How is this relevant?

Halloween is has dual origins in Christian and Celtic circles.
In Europe the three-day Catholic holiday Allhallowstide begin with the first day, All Hallow's Eve. All Hallows Eve coincided the Celtic Samhain in western Europe and its images and concepts still remain popular despite losing all meaning.
The next day of Allhallowstide is All Hallows Day - or All Saints Day - which is a celebration of all those in Heaven. As Protestant Christianity, which came to dominate western Europe and America, rejects the veneration of saints this day is generally rejected and forgotten about but in Catholic circles.
The third and final day of Allhallowstide is All Souls Day, which is a day of prayer and remembrance for those dead. This remains in Catholic circles but is largely known for the Mexican holiday constructed to coincide it and share purpose: The Day of the Dead.

Hope that helped everyone.

I'm sick of social atheists describing and defining Christianity. It's like anti gunners making gun laws. You are biased, its obvious. You don't know the inner workings because you are not inside.

Christ came for all people. He appeared in an area that was the four corners of philosophical thought and spiritual awareness. His message spread in every direction to all kinds of peoples.

HE WAS REJECTED BY THE JUDAENS AND THE JEWS. HE WAS ACCEPTED BY THE FOREIGNERS AND THE GENTILES
read a fucking book for once in your life.

>how is the origin relevant

Where did you get this info? I've always wondered about the origins of halloween. I assumed it was purely a pagan tradition

Halloween is a holiday for little kids to enjoy, any adult dressing up like some character and asking for candy is 100% a degenerate.

One more cause I'm mad:
If someone says my traditions are European and Christian, who are you to tell them they are wrong? If I told you, you were a Christian in denial, or that line of thought Muslims use that were all Muslim just in varying degrees of devotion, how would you like that? You would say you don't get to tell me what i believe.

Who are you, the thought police? You get to decide what is and isn't Western thought? You think like a rabbi.

It's pagan. It was started by the Irish.

Several sources. It's common knowledge for me now. Just look it up, m8.

Christmas is also European religion.

Catholic Church dick rode the ancient pagan holidays that fall on equinoxs and solstices. Also on the cross quarter dates.

Halloween is half way between autumnal equinox and winter solstice. Resurrection Istar falls near spring equinox. Take back your culture white man.

So why don't you just follow the Greek philosophy and leave out the kike shit?

>being this Reddit
Halloween is a part of the Catholic holiday Allhallowtide. It's the first day of the three day tradition. See: >Resurrection Ishtar
Ishtar has no connection to Easter. The term comes from the Germanic figure Eostre, which also has no connection to Ishtar. Easter is dated following Passover, which fell on the same harvest festival as Eostre.

Next you'll probably talk shit about Christmas despite Christmas' dating coming from 9 months after the date of the annunciation.

Learn a book.

my catholic church always said halloween is satan's day and celebrating it angers god. strangely enough the pastors gave out candy anyway

>it's degenerate to have fun with friends and get free candy
You're overthinking this one Sup Forums. Happy halloween.

>The Roman Empire has nothing to do with Europe

Sure thing, kike

Muslims also think Halloween is evil and satanic too.