Number of ww2 films and tv shows about Americans in Europe

Number of Hollywood ww2 films and tv shows about the actual war happening from 1941 to 1945 in Eastern Europe (90 percent of European theatre fighting): 0

How come?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/list/ls070100180/
youtube.com/watch?v=OlMw8CjyV80
imdb.com/title/tt0070861
youtu.be/DjHTWMP_T1U
youtube.com/watch?v=ooIccRktsPc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shut up Kraut. We did all the fighting and killed all the Nazis and ended the war. Fuck you WE WUZ HEROS

You weren’t even in the top3 list in Europe. You were a sideshow of a sideshow.

even we did more

I suggest you take a look at Russian media.
About 90% of Russian movies and tv shows are about WW2.
Its rather silly really, they even have sitcoms and romantic dramas set during WW2.

This list is just the top of the iceberg
imdb.com/list/ls070100180/

Because Soviet zerg tactics and raping would make the Germans look more humane. So they would have to lie about that too and resort to the commie narrative about Germans "actually" vastly outnumbering them, commies being civilized gentlemen and their tanks being killing machines and that kind of bullshit.

Also the real war was the West Front. East was literally just endless humans vs zerg pest grinding.

youtube.com/watch?v=OlMw8CjyV80

This was horrible cashgrab filled with CGI and panned by critics, but it still was a boxoffice hit.

I rather recommend Stalingrad (1993) over that abomination.

I would estimate that about 4 to 5 WW2 movies and tv shows are released in Russia annually, though mostly low budged dramas.

>Why are American made films about Americans? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I can only speak for America, but my assumption is that it's because the audience would be confused as to who they should be rooting for. Sure, we were allied with the Soviets during WWII, but the Cold War lasted for the next 4 decades so they're out as protagonists; and it goes without saying why (((Hollywood))) would never portray NatSoc Germany in a positive light.

Then don’t promote those films as American war films and do not suggest they show ww2.

>Number of Hollywood ww2 films and tv shows about the actual war happening from 1941 to 1945 in Eastern Europe (90 percent of European theatre fighting): 0
Wrong, there's at least one

Actually the Americans were big trouble for the Gmerans, they with the Brits made the war absolutely unwinnable for the Germans.

So you can do movies from the Jap and US views about Iwo Jima, but not do the same for Russkies and Germans in the East?

>americans make films about americans
>russians make films about russians

I think we're on to something.

You ignoring the movie "enemy at the gates" about the Russian vs German snipers. And filled with English actors playing Russians with horrible Russian accents and an American playing a German.

That’s a comedy film.

Bullshit. The war was lost early in 1943 in the East. By June 1944 when Americans started to do stuff in Europe, Russkies had broken Hitler’s back.

I'm assuming you're talking about Letters from Iwo Jima. I've never seen that movie so I can't really say much about it. All I can say is that movies about the Pacific theater are few and far between. The only recent one I can think of is that one Angelina Jolie directed - Unbroken or something I think it was called, and there the Japs were portrayed as pretty much inhuman. There are just far more Hollywood films about Jews in ghettos or Americans in Europe.

>0 films about eastern front from 1941-45

*cough* enemy at the gates *cough*

/thread

Americans don't give a shit about the eastern front because they weren't very involved in it. My high school history books maybe had 1-2 paragraphs about it, if only to explain the photo of a Soviet flag flying above a ruined Berlin, but that's about it.

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE U DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN WW2 ACCORDING TO MY AUTISTIC STANDARDS THEREFORE U HAVE NO RIGHT TO MAKE FILMS SHOWING YOU DID REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Holy fuck, Germans are such cancer. Make some fucking WW2 films of your own then glorifying Nazi Germany. Oh wait, you can't. HAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

What the fuck are you talking about retard? It's an action movie about a german and a russian sniper hunting each-other during the battle of stalingrad.

you just need something else to blame on "her-der muh joo"

> dat pic

To be fair Ed Harris looks Germanic as fuck

It would all be in Russian and German.

Who the fuck wants to hear that gobbling for 2 hours.

>Germans make films about Germans

Excellent movie IMO.

Ratio of Stalingrad kills - do you know it, you fucking Protoss?

Which Zerg rush you mumble about? 730 k casualTies on axis side with 1.1 mm casualTies. So ratio is 1:1.5 not even 1:2. Out of 1.1 mm casualties on reds side - 0.65 wounded or sick (not even dead). Zerg rush, that's right. I am not even mentioning loss of artilery/ tanks / aircrafts - not in axis favour by far. Go learn history bitch.

Its not a mystery. American audiences dont want to see films about nazis and commies killing each other. Cross of Iron is probably my favorite ww2 flick but lets be honest, most euro films about ww2 eastern front or not are filled with kike propaganda even without the magic of Hollywood.

dont watch kike films

if you want to know about the war you can get films made by the actual wehrmacht soldiers as they advanced and retreated

Educated user
Have a you

Kike

that battle was exceptionally bad for germany. and it includes their POWs as well

Will we ever get ww1 flicks?

The Winnie the Pooh movie showed a small sequence and so did Wonder Woman, bringing it to the “mainstream” for a few moments.

links? would love to

was Bagration much better?

Hollywood is in the USA. Remind me again why they'd make movies from a European perspective?

Make more of your Hiroshima nuke on civilians is awesome movies and stop trying to bend history for war in Europe

>action movie

have you seen it? Any movie with Rachel Weisz playing a Russian is a comedy.

Agreed. And there is one movie I would like to suggest: go and see. It's not about bravery or valor, it's just a depiction of war horrors, it doesn't portray one side as good either

Maybe because Americans have Hollywood?

dumbass Hans

Except we ended the war with two big bombs

do you have any more colored pictures of the spanish blue division?

yes the kill/injured ratio is great for germany but the large number of german pows makes the ratio look much worse.

not in Europe

Because you get any pension. Our tax rates are 5 percentage points higher than yours. The costs for asylum seekers/illegals/refugees are 0.8 percent of GDP. We are making up for those costs by subtracting those costs from our 2 percent GDP NATO military defense spending requirement.

Seen it.

I have seen all Eastern War movies and shows, the German ones, the Russian ones, the Ukrainian ones, Polish, Italian, Austrian etc.

My sister's boyfriend was emotionally disturbed for days after seeing this movie the first time. Definitely one of my best moments.

Links or names, please.

>My sister's boyfriend was emotionally disturbed for days after seeing this movie the first time.

Well, real war films show real war, not Hollywood war. Also, that movie is actually a made for TV mini series that is 6hrs long.

Some people say WW2 was primarily a German-Russian war. Indeed. But the answer is really easy: US movies are all propaganda and centred around the USA. So you have the six million or le inglorious bastard boy hunting da Nazis and saving da world. German cinema is all PC, white guilt cancer and Russians usually don't have the budget to capture something like the battle of Kursk. It's shit, but the answer is not difficult.

>large number of german pows makes the ratio look much worse.
that's a silly thing to say. Many soviet losses were from starved out pow's.

Would explain the crappy quality. But Peterson did get a lot of good material out of it then.

Wait a minute...
Wolfang Peterson
Jordan Peterson

Is Bucko man German?

Best WWII movie. Prove me wrong.

Don't know this one. What's it about?

The USSR did more to end the war than the US did.

But I guess you believe icebears walk the streets of Norway as well.

It's said a lot of spaniards found love in the eastern front. Too bad they all died literally blown to pieces by russian mortars and none of them left any offspring.

Russia winning and drinking vodka. Have seen it.

>make a movie about optimistic young men from a free society fighting for freedom

vs

>make a movie about unwitting conscripts getting slaughtered because of their evil dictator's incompetence and paranoia who only fight because if they don't they get summarily executed

Gee, I don't know why.

imdb.com/title/tt0070861

Ah about pilots. There was this hardcore flying simulator years ago, Sturmovik I think. Pretty good game.

Do you still think about the war? Or is it not important today in Russia?

>free society
the Swiss didn’t take part in the war

Never saw Enemy at the Gates? awesome flick.

Americans kept the British and the USSR in the game
It's only thanks to them that Hitler didn't strangle the British and Stalin managed to hold on and pump out those necessary planes and tanks while the big factories relocated to the Urals

>we did all the work WE WUZ STRONK N SHIEETTT
>eastern front started 22nd June 1941
>D-day 6th June 1944

Fuck Americans are the worst

What about road to Berlin ?
Not really pro soviet even anti soviet first 30 mins showing how barbaric and retarded brass was

youtu.be/DjHTWMP_T1U

Lend Lease wasn't just to Britain, kiddo. We sent the USSR millions of tons of material support, stuff they literally desperately needed since they went scorched earth as they retreated eastward.

This on top of the fact that they were getting slaughtered... Even their "victories" saw them suffer losses upwards of 300% what they inflicted on the Germans. Those losses weren't sustainable.

The only reason Germany lost on the Eastern Front is because their losses (mostly in material) were even more unsustainable...

You know why they were even more unsustainable? Because of British/US strategic bombing and their being cutoff from North Africa by the British (with later marginal American support). They lost access to the Middle East's oil and strategic bombing destroyed their synthetic oil production, not to mention other vital industries which didn't allow them to replace material losses (trucks, tanks, planes, etc...).

I didn't like this movie t b h. Kinda cartoonish

Enemy at the gates. Jew gets cucked by Russian soldier and kills himself.

How about a deal.

We'll start making movies about it as soon as they send back all the supplies we gave them including, but not limited to:

>Tanks
>Planes
>Trains
>Vehicles
>Steel
>Iron
>Food
>Oil
>Weapons
>Bullets
>Bombs

You're welcome.

Il-2 Shturmovik. Or Wings of Prey. Yeah, it's a good game.
As for "do I think of the war", sometimes. And it's pretty damn important here and brought up often, although there's a trend among Russian moviemakers that makes me think otherwise. If it's a movie about the war, there must be a NKVD officer, dumb as a rock, blind and deaf and if it's about frontline, then he will shoot (or threat to) protagonist in the back for not wasting enemy ammo or if it's a movie not about frontline, then it's a witchhunt.

>muh lend lease

youtube.com/watch?v=ooIccRktsPc

That part surprised me kek,jewess turns down the jew and fucks a russian instead. Wouldn't expect it from ((hollywood)))

>mfw Turk roach goes full bull semen swallowing

Doing overtime OP?

Why is the war so important? Is it a SIX MILLION anti-German thing or different? I saw you let the Bundeswehr orchestra play "Preußens Gloria" at the red square. It seems odd when the war is so important in your country.

They really played that song? That's weird.

Because just like WWI we finally had enough of your dumbshit actions and had to bitch slap all of you into submission. It's like a parent finally putting an end to their children's fighting. You Eurofags are children. Don't make us tell you again to stop playing with those sandnigger kids on the other block.

Are you retarded? The USA was suckered into the wars by the fucking Jews so they could have Palestine.Quit being a brainlet and read a book.

Importance of it is in survival in a war agaisnt a superior opponent and defending your homeland
No, there is no anti-German incentive, it's just anti-faschism.
And I don't see what's wrong with German Military orchestra play an old march at military orchestra festival. It's not even associated with Nazi Germany. Im sure it was Spasskaya Tower festival, it happens every year.

You see: that's the difference, you lost BY FAR more people in the war than Jews. And I think so did we. But the entire post war narrative is all about DA JOOZ and how they suffered. I think it's disgusting. And as far as I can see both of our peoples have no real hate for each other and the war is in the past. With (((them))) it is very different though.

Number of hollywood showing German struggle and perspective since the end of the ww1: -6.000.000

Can we get the list please?