500 years

So have you paid your respects to Martin Luther yet today Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>kills himself after figuring out he caused christians to butcher each other
>"hehe stupid papists, praise luther"

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that it was shit?

/thread

fpbp

He exposed the church's Jewish practices of buying off you sins while exposing other lies. He also sparked the idea of seperating church from state.

Calvin was the real monster.

Maybe Christendom would have been better off united under Catholicism? I doubt the world needed another schism. Things could have been different user...

i hope hes happy while he burns in hell forever being tortured for eternity.

PRESS S TO SPIT ON GRAVE

>Some low-rank church agents independantly sell indulgences
>Papacy tries to figure out how to fix this, the western schism being still fresh, and other issues like simony being at stake
>SKREEEE REFORM NOW
>Okay luther hold the fuck up a second please, in spite of being declared heretic we're not going to kill you, give us some time for a council plea-
>SKREEE PAPIST REEE GIVES ME MY REFORMIES

*farts*

Catholics:
>raping a 5 year old isn't a sin if you buy an indulgence. also worship this statue of elrond

Luther:
>Dude, pretty sure indulgences aren't in the Bible. Also pretty sure we shouldn't worship statues or have sex with kids.

Catholics:
>don't read the Bible. homosexuality is fine if you're a priest. so is pedophilia. don't forget to buy an indulgence before you molest your children. guaranteed places in heaven, only 500 ducats!

Luther:
>God hates fags. He also hates pedos. You also can't buy a ticket to get into heaven. You need to read the Bible.

I feel that any sane, moral christian in Medieval times must have sided with the Reformers. -I'm sure I would, -but it must have taken a great deal courage to rebel against the widespread corruption of the all powerful Catholic church at the time. -The message was tantamount to; - 'We, your educated betters, are alone privy to having the ear of God, -give us some money and we'll write you an introduction to Heaven on his behalf.' -contradict us, -and we'll denounce you as a heretic,- torture and murder you in a most horrible manner, -then consign you to Hell forever. While meantime elsewhere, - God alone knows what 'sins of the flesh' and other fiddling were going on

Catholics:
>christendom would be better off united under catholicism - now suck some Muslim cock, give the priest all your money and worship the Jews.

Luther:
>Let me tell you about the Jews and their lies...

>Indulgences have been abolished for centuries
>LARPer pretends it's still a thing and uses anecdotical "evidences" of some nutjobs

Sad! No (You) for you

Do you get paid to shill this hard?

Luther was a black man. What is this whitewashing garbage?

Why should i pay respect to a christcuck that brought chaos and death to his own country?

>Creates the pro-luther thread
>I'm not the shill, others are

Sad!

pretty much everybody "sided" in the sense that church reforms were needed (there have been other reforms in the past, and other heresies that split off), things changed when both sides chimped out at each other, regardless of faith, but for political gain
Most wars of religions between reformed and catholics was just because of politics
Look up the french wars of religion, complete joke, always a powerful noble (usually Condé) straight up declaring war on the King
>if protestant noble, "We're treated unfairly, and I'm revolting against your catholic advisors/nobles who are influencing you to treat us poorly, not against you, my king! Long live the king hehe :)"
>if catholic noble: "Protestants are causing too much trouble, look at this anecdotical event. I'm sending my armies against yours because they're on the way to La Rochelle, but I'm not really fighting you, my king, haha. Long live the King!! :) :) Also make sure to give me some money when we settle the peace :)"

a lot of it was politics. fx sweden turned protestant because they had rebelled against their rightful owners and they wanted to have a pro cuck bishop rather than a pro Danish bishop.

Christcuck posters hate to admit one of their own popes created 'purgatory' and you had to pay off your loved one's sins or else they would be trapped there and unable to enter heaven.

Look it up retards.

Martin is laughing at you all.

I read the scriptures, explained the Reformation to people, and will be making some German sweets later. Happy Reformation Day everyone.

Fuck protestniggers

>be born in the materialistic north
>can't handle spiritual ambiguity
>jealous of the southern Church turn real concerns into an insurrection of wrath
>immoral nobles of the northern snowniggers hop on the bandwaggon to pillage the monasteries and destroy churches to claim land
>following this, turn into the most atheistic, degenerate shithole that ever existed on the planet
>pretend to be superior because, completely unhinged by our new (((personal))) religion, our states instated usury on the levels never before seen leading to a short term "golden age"
>about to be genocided by our own selves welcoming refugees
You reap what you sow. Good night northwest.

>Be this retarded to think Lutheranism and Protestants are the same thing.
>Doesn't understand there are different sects of Lutheranism some much more conservative and some much more retarded like in Sweden.

This is the intelligence of the average Christian.

Make sure to pay your indulgences. What? Your great grandmother wasn't always faithful and had sex before marriage? She is now trapped in purgatory until you pay for her sins goy.

Not to mention the last pope being removed because of his pedophilia ring...

Definitive history of the Reformation
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0

can we all agree that christianity is shit

France surely is.

There is literally nothing wrong with indulgences. If you think there is, I don't think you know what that word means. It's not a get into heaven for free card.

The last pope was removed for being too conservative by Hillary Clinton's close associates. Not because of the pedo meme. And that's what it is - a meme - because Catholic molestation rates are no higher than in any other institution. It's protestant countries who's strong media magnates push this meme, like they push Dindu Trayvon narrative.

I thought we weren't talking about Hitler at the moment?

S

Luther is completely right. You need to read the bible to understand the fulfillment

I know right
Can't really take offense from this

> 1000 years of Catholic abuse, pedophilia, corruption and wars over the backs of Europeans

No wonder catholicism reduced to DEUS VULT larping beaners.

Press S to spit on grave!

S

>there's nothing wrong with paying to get into heaven

That's not what it is. Please go read a book.

Can i read about it in the bible?

living the foot fetish-cuck-interracial-scat dream

if Catholicism is so great why did the Catholic French assist the Ottomans in their war on fellow Christians? There were literally French sappers and cannoneers on the Ottoman side at the Battle of Vienna 1683

HA HA DIDN'T READ

>be catholic
>die at the hands of based Gustav

wouldnt even be mad desu

Just to defuse the situation where neither party wants to really answer: the point is that the SALE OF Indulgences was (one of) the needed reforms of the Church, not INDULGENCES themselves

The Catholic Church thought it could rule over countries.
If Martin Luther didn't start it, someone else would have but good for him anyways.

>The Pragmatic Sanction of Bourges, issued by King Charles VII of France, on 7 July 1438, required a General Church Council, with authority superior to that of the papacy, to be held every ten years, required election rather than appointment to ecclesiastical offices, prohibited the pope from bestowing and profiting from benefices
>The Gallican church, in the eyes of some, declared administrative independence from the church in Rome, suppressed the payment of annates to Rome and forbade papal intervention in the appointment of French prelates.

>recover your kingdom on the verge of ruin
>be powerful enough to shrug off the pope's authority and later have him buy it back by helping in your war
Damn the papacy was pretty oppressive