What does Sup Forums think of solitary for long periods of time

! year+

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z7iDCJYkIRk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sounds like my life but instead of a prison cell it is my bedroom

It is not too bad desu

I need a computer and a food supply, but I could manage well beyond 1 year+ easily.

You can take my window and TV in exchange if necessary.

i'd rather be in solitary than around niggers

Ive done it for over ten years. Never done me any ham

As long as the ventilation and temperature is good, and I could have lots of books, or even better, internet access, then that would be a piece of cake. Could easily do that for a solid year before I'd start feeling lonely.

It should be illegal. There is not enough sunlight exposure for adequate vitamin D production. You know the prison isn't supplementing it either.

Replace that tv with internet and that place seems pretty comfy to be quite honest my family member

having a TV is what makes it humane.

solitary with no stimulation or human contact for years messes you up, but if you've at least got UPN then you're fine.

If you got internet like someone already mentioned, then you've described like 45% of american male's ideal life style.

Only pussies can't handle it

this

ted k has been in solitary since last century

bad

humans are social creatures

solitary seems kind of hot for like a week
>only if a girl forces you in

I only go out for groceries senpai

It's the only way we can still torture people. The window makes it difficult though, someone could sit for hours meditating on whatever is on the other side of the 4 inch gap and be pretty content. You hear a lot about heart problems with people who have been in solitary. The whole picture is about humane solitary confinement, there shouldn't be rewarding stimulus; a tv.

The heart problem is because they become vitamin D deficient due to lack of sunlight. When you've inadequate vitamin D, calcium isn't utilized properly and is dumped in veins, causing arterial calcification leading to stroke and heart attacks.

This is why long periods of solitary confinement should be illegal.

I already live in solitary

Fun fact, you can write letters to Uncle T and he usually responds. I guess reading/writing is one thing you can do in solitary to occupy yourself.

Solitary is fine. I regularly go months without seeing or interacting with another person.
What would get me is the confinement. Solitary and free is the way to be. Solitary and trapped is a nightmare albeit a less horrific one than trapped with a bunch of other people.

I think that guy's place is almost as big as what I pay $1000 a month for in Silicon Valley, the only difference is I get the Internet.

given this website alone I can remain solitary

>gathering enough good boy points nets you an electric jew

Prison is truly hell.

That's on purpose, it keeps them from having the energy to fight or rebel

Solitude is the best bet

I'm living it now, it's fine.

Then add estrogen to their food/water.

Im gonna moral fag and say that it should be banned. Id rather just take a quick bullet to the head than live years of my life in a box.
Bring back physical punishment. If you steal, you get whipped in the public square, youre humilitated and thats the end of your punishment. If you continually repeat offences, then its a quick death penalty.
Solitary confinement is quite possibly one of the worst punishments known to man.

My nigga’s in there, we gotta get him out lads

give me weights and internet and it's a deal

that's a given. they drink the same water as us and their food is prepared with the same water.

pedos aren't human so it ok

Give me some sort of internet access and thats me sorted.

>Prison is truly hell.
It sure is.

I saw a documentary about a prison called Red Onion Supermax. And there was this guy without the TV privilege who said:

>I use to make up my own reality tv shows, and stay in a good mood to avoid suicidal thoughts.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z7iDCJYkIRk

Fast forward to 31:55. The guy was really messed up, but funny as fuck. I feel really sorry for those guy in AD SEG, even the niggers.
No windows. They never turn off the lights. And all you can hear are people screaming and banging on their celldoors.

Is that why the stroganoff was just pasta and gravy?

It'd be a good thing.

If niggers and spics couldn't hang out with their friends in prison and socialize all the time, and instead had to spend 23 hours/day in solitary confinement, many would choose not to be criminal fuck-ups.

When we stop making prison as easy to live in for the dregs of society as it is for them when free, we'll see shit actually change.

im ok with it as long as when he comes out his mind is too corrupted to properly do anything so he just asks for euthanasia

that's some godawful shit

it makes the situation completely different.

Architectural Engineer here. Isolation is torture. Designing torture chambers is against the AIA ethics and the engineers ethics. Those who allow dumbfucks to build these and assist in design should have their license removed and be allowed to be sued by people who were tortured in these cells.

Give me food, drink, shower, shitter and a computer and I'll be fine for years

ok (?)

I am pretty sure the people murdered and their families have it worse!

Going on for almost five years now in my bedroom.

how old is that bitch anyway? still not capable of growing a normal moustache.

it’s a shitty government program from the medieval times.

Yeah, if I had a comfier bed and a PC I could do whatever I want with then I wouldn't mind jail at all. Lock me up, I don't care. Internet is amazing in that it provides just enough social stimulation for you to not totally lose your mind.

low T from all the soy and estrogen in the water

Waste of the tax dollar. Once convicted, they should be taken out back and shot.

and from being a stupid faggot, I guess.

but that is the easy way, we should make them suffer- leddit

I would live in that if I could have internet access.

life in prison should not be a punishment, just fucking kill the guy

honestly, anything which would currently merit 30 years or over of prison should just be capital punishment; what's the point? if you're 20, then you get out at 50 and your entire life has gone by and you spent it in prison, you might as well just be dead

>solitary cell
>microphones that say "YOU WILL ADHERE TO PRISON REGULATIONS, OBEY THE LAW AND DESPISE SIN" all the time. On a continuous loop.

What will happen?

this

Speakers, I mean. Not microphones. Damnit.

they go insane

When I go to my wageslave job I just sit in a room by myself, then when I get home, I sit in a room by myself.

I've done plenty of it. Beats the shit out of a Level 2 dorm full of beaners and nigs. Better class of criminal in Supermax, too. Give me men who've murdered with conviction over shitskins who steal to buy 40s and Blunts any day of the week.

A waste of taxpayer dollars and resources. Prisoners should do backbreaking ten hours a day, six days a week, with 12x12 two-man cell breaks on Sundays and holidays, until their sentence is served. If they've done something bad enough to warrant permanent solitary confinement, a public and televised hanging is infinitely cheaper and more humane.

Shitposting is all fine and good but it's impossible to imagine the boredom unless you've experienced it. First few hours it's ok, then you get unbelievably bored. TV can alleviate this somewhat but even that gets boring. There's really no way to describe it, that feeling of being trapped with loads of time to waste but no tolerable way to spend it

they find a way to die within a month

How long were you in seg? what privileges did you have?

Just join a trade. Be an electrician/carpenter/plumber. Don't live your life being miserable.

Can this experience be part of transit to the outer solar system?

most supermax guys are nogs and sandnigs

According to some hippie myths about the Inca the priest class that organized society would pick young boys to train them to become priests. Part of the training involved years of isolation in a dark cave. When they come out they see things more objectively than other people. Instead of internalizing the culture they sit separate from it, representatives of nature in a world of men. Like an alien in a thought experiment.

Are basement autists representatives of nature? Did God create internet autism for a purpose?

Yes but the key difference is that you can leave whenever you want

This, this, this.

Wonder how Tommy Silverstein is doing.

Already kinda live like that. I only talk to people when doing groceries. Being in the psych ward with annoying people around me was more of a punishment.

Yeah if I want to be unable to pay my mortgage and car payment.

IIRC the TV is a cruel trick.

From what I've heard, most super-max solitary confinement cells like this, only allow prisoners carefully screened religious programming (none of the fun televangelist shows, but just generic public broadcast religious shows from the area) and generic random educational stuff if you are lucky.

Most normal prison solitary confinement is super super strict. NO TV, or even radio. PERIOD. Also, no paper or pen or personal belongings and you are allowed only a single religious book (the bible or Koran).

Easily fixed with UV lights.

Bradley Manning went into solitary a man, and came out a trap.

>allowed the Bible
Doesn't sound so bad desu.

>All the fuckers saying that this is good for them

You fucker dont know the hell of prison if you consider this "comfy"

This is as much social interaction as some humans need

give me internet and art supplys and I am set for life

I think its the ideal way to live. Especially if they let me have internet.

best post goes unheralded. its your yoke in life, desu.

It's intended. Nature forces that to happen somehow, as it is happening here. Being out in a log cabin or on top of a mountain isnt that easy, so this happens.

Did 83 days of a 90 day sentence in solitary confinement after i engaged in a prison riot. it was tough. hallucinations both auditory and visual, lost time and track of days. only way i could tell sometimes was the variety of food and when rec hour was. alot of hrs and days blended together

Prison isn't worth that.

You basically are going to be surrounded by scum, many of which will kill or rape you just because they are bored, along with bullying you and basically making your life a living hell because it's one of the few things that they can do for fun. The guards are either super-corrupt or super condescending towards you: even the nice guards will betray you first chance you get because they only care about yourself.

Prison is only a good place to spend your life unless you are a complete sociopath. Normal people, especially NEETS, get broken and killed in the system

I did 3 months in durham and it snapped my back

Like many aspects of the prison system it is just a way to subtlety secure repeat cust- offenders.

Can you please tell us about the hallucinations and what kind of thoughts that occurred in your mind? What did it feel like when they let you out?

>Rather solidary than be around niggers

Everytime I've said this, I've been told I'm crazy or don't know what I'm talking about. I would 100% rather be in a room by myself with only my thoughts to sleep and daydream, than to be stuck around a bunch of smelly niggers and listen to them babble and rap to each other all day long.

it was shit like i thought i heard people call my name or whisper name, shadows got dark and i would see shit in them or eyes in them look at me. i was real jumpy when i got out of there and back into gen pop, i felt threatened alot by people in my space so it took time to re adjust

I'm an introvert give me some books,games and Internet and I could probably last longer then others

Give me a pc/internet and paper with pen/pencil. It wouldn't be terrible.

I also thought alot about who and what we are, are we really here? are we meant to suffer? is outer body travel to ones we love possible or where my thoughts so deep i created those images in my mind.?

I mean leave as in walk outside and go to the movies or something...

INTP-A sociopath
Sounds like heaven where do I sign up for this day spa?

And does it have internet?

They get showers too? That's so comfy

Living in solitary seems like one of those things that seems really easy to do, but in reality it's horrible.

solitary for life should replace the death penalty for murder convictions (killing a killer just doesnt seem right to me). besides that i do believe solitary is cruel and can irreparably damage someones psyche. maybe put them into an extra small cell so they cant walk around thats also within talking/listening distance of regular inmate cells

>MBTI
brainlet, wouldn't last a week

That sounds fucking crazy. Sensory deprivation is no joke. Did you have a window you could see trough? Did they turn off the light, or did they leave it on? Did you have any privileges while you were there?