Should I just read the New Testament?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kFtI_mVOXbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=G7T6dTs5YKw&list=PL4oPLNtP6_ec2ac_ZsujgtcjoPNBwVFET
youtu.be/I-9N5d5JebY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BASED!!!!!

No. Though the new testament is vastly more important than the old if you're trying to get into Christianity. Start out with Paul's letters imo. Romans and Hebrews (which most scholars now claim wasn't written by Paul) are ESSENTIAL NT writings. Hebrews is the best written and most profound book in the whole Bible in my opinion.

I'm not a Christian anymore though.

Read both and note the differences. Lots of justified violence in the Old Testament. Then suddenly you get hippy love in the New.

>I'm not a Christian anymore though.

why?

YES

AND USE OLDER VERSION NOT NEW BIBLE THAT IS REWRITTEN

read different versions and see the changes, then try to find out who made the changes over time, then realize the message was perverted since the start and meant to enslave the masses

No, retard, you start at the beginning of books. Why would you even read that book of jewish myths anyway? It's pretty shit.
>jews are vermin and should be exterminated
There, saved you the trouble of reading that garbage, that's basically the whole lesson of the book.

There's a newer testament.

No, the Old Testament is extremely important. But the New Testament is what we're living in now.

Read Old and New but make sure it is the King James Version.

if it's calling to you, there's no need to ask other's. read it user

The new testament is liberal bullshit. Old testament is best testament

You should stop worshiping a dead himey on a cross.

>Worshiping a towelhead pedophile
Fuck off Hadji.

Read!

Why are all new fags christian now?

Because Christ is truth.

No, Jesus came to fulfill the Old Testament. How are you supposed to know what he fulfilled without reading it?

If you can't make it thorugh Genesis 1 to Exodus 20 at the very least, you are too much of a brainlet for Christianity. It helps to be at least familiar with the Pentateuch while reading the NT.

Sup Forums is and always has been a Christian board

No. Jesus and others in the NT frequently reference Old Testament prophecies and events. Also, there are many times in the NT where you'll see how the reference requires some context from the OT, etc.

And an even newer testament

Pic related should cover all of the bases

If you're reading a gospel for the first time, read Luke. Its the easiest read of the gospels.

Start with Paul's letters after that then read the rest of the gospels. Read other letters around this time.
DON'T READ REVELATIONS FIRST ITS A MINDFUCK.

Also, context is important. NT was written in Greek, and words were lost in translation.
And some words mean entirely different things in Greek and English causing lots of confusion.

READ IT ALL

But read the NT first though
read John, Acts, Romans, Galatians, Ephesians, 1 John, then Revelation first
Then whole NT
Then the Torah, Psalms, and Proverbs
Then the whole NT again
Then the whole OT and NT

Also
KJV ONLY
youtu.be/kFtI_mVOXbQ

That's disgusting

also
>making Jesus look like an alien

Don't read John first its the hardest of the gospels to understand.

Read OT after NT.

Also, don't use the fucking KJV. Use NIV.

I recommend "The Bible Project" on YT. They offer summaries of most books of the Bible.

2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness"

So the New Testament says that yes, you have to learn the old too.

>kike slave religion

Yes, do it!! You will make God very happy!

>Use NIV.
Why recommend the Not Inspired Version?

King James is the version you want OP.

But if you go for another, whatever you do, don't read (((Scofield))). The Shabbat goy Scofield inserted his own notes as if they're part of the Bible. They're not. And what do they say?
>if you don't love Jews you go to h
>help Israel or go to h
>hurr durr the Jews are so based
The Scofield Bible is sacrilegious.

John was written to get people saved though so it's easily the most important

>Also, don't use the fucking KJV. Use NIV.
>t. retard that can't understand somewhat old enlish
Also Non-Inspired Version uses the dead sea scrolls so then that would mean God's word was buried for thousands of years

it wasn't so much i like NIV, just the fact KJV is hard to read for a first-timer to the Bible and NIV is essentially the easiest to read IMO

>(((Paul)))
>(((HEBREWS)))

Spotted the kike.

> just the fact KJV is hard to read for a first-timer to the Bible
Just don't be a retard. You only need to know like 20 more words and most of them you probably already know

Gospels > Acts > Revelation > Epistles > Psalms > Proverbs > Ecclesiastes > Song of Songs > full read through from Genesis

I just read the New Testament.

>making Jesus look like an alien

>Implying Jesus is of this world

I agree with John being important, its hard to understand for a newcomer.

KJV is hard for newcomers

>implying he didn't look like a normal person

>its hard to understand for a newcomer.
Not really.

>KJV is hard for newcomers
Better than reading the new versions and getting led to heresy. And even kids can read it.

LEAVE! Iconography is beautiful!

Generally speaking yes. The revelation of Christ concluded the ceremonial law of the Old Testament, so besides the history lesson it would give you, you don't really need it anymore

Revelations actually is the way the people in the pyramids/Gilgamesh got owned. It's already happened.

>LEAVE! Idolatry is beautiful!

>Why are all new fags christian now?

Don't act like this didn't happen a while ago. In addition to that, most of us have come to realize the destruction that atheism and liberalism have on a society. Plus, the ONLY consistently growing white populations on the planet are Christian populations.

tl;dr

> It's to save our race.

>And even kids can read it.
This. KJV is the only version I knew growing up. It's also the version that we studied in Sunday school.

>idolatry
We don't worship the icons.

What version. First research the doctrine diffrence between the KJV and the modern versions. Download a dramatized audio version if you're a slow reader or can have headphones at work. I'd listen to the entire KJV audio Bible first - it flows pretty well, then I'd read it.

Until Jesus's second coming where his garments are dipped in the blood of his enemies.

Read whatever interests you more, really. If you want love and peace and redemption and heaven and end time shit read NT. If you want "listen to god or hellfire" read OT. I honestly think the obvious starting point is Genesis and Exodus. Exodus starts cool, gets boring and then I find it gets pretty tedious after that going over specific details on how altars are built and the specific laws of worship/sacrifice and shit.

Obviously OT has a lot more historical value to it IMO and to me it's a lot more of a knowledge kinda read whereas NT I go to if I'm sad and shit so my boy J dog can motivate me to not be a gigantic piece of shit :)

Read the book of Matthew.

The new testament is good, but not as exciting because of all the wars and battles in the old testament.

If you didn't already you have to. Read KJV version. For french readers out there, Bible de l'abbé Crampon is the best version.

How long did it take you?

>muh hippy jesus meme
No. The story of the NT is the death of Christ, God's son, to atone for man's sin, and the possibility of triumph over the carnage of a fallen world. The fruit of God's abiding presence is manifested in "love," but this is only because it lies in strict contradistinction to the slaughterhouse of the world's insanity; all but one of the twelve apostles were martyred, and if you've spent any time in the world (to say nothing of Sup Forums) and still don't understand the fact of total depravity and the need for some mechanism of redemption, you're not paying attention.

yes

>we just bow down, pray to, burn incense, and many other things to it but it isn't worship

I like the Psalms, they motivate me. I like King David as a good role model.

How do you like to interpret Revelation, Sup Forums?

>enter the narrow gate or face the consequences

Yes, use the one that has only been re-written 476 times.

Really long but Steven Anderson did a sermon on each one

youtube.com/watch?v=G7T6dTs5YKw&list=PL4oPLNtP6_ec2ac_ZsujgtcjoPNBwVFET

I've just started reading the bible for the first time. I want to believe in Christianity, but how to I believe people lived for hundreds of years and other fantastical stuff? Why doesn't god send angels anymore? Or talk to people now? He only did it back then?

icons of Jesus Christ =/= Jesus Christ himself. Also Protestant and Catholic services can't even compare to the likes of an Orthodox service... It's absolutely magical.

>Paul's letters
>I'm not a Christian anymore
nice shilling there Shlomo.

Take a look at this thread. A veritable retard convention.

Mark is the best gospel for non/new Christians to read. It's the shortest and easiest to understand. Luke is more of a historian and focuses on the human aspect of Christ.

>Romans and Hebrews (which most scholars now claim wasn't written by Paul)
Source? This simply isn't true.

>Hebrews is the best written and most profound book in the whole Bible in my opinion
Going to have to disagree and vote for Romans.

OT is important if we are to understand the nature and character of God. God spent centuries showing the Judeans what kind of God he is. Also, OT important for prophecies and the lessons it teaches (e.g. see Jacob, Joseph, Moses).

>but how to I believe people lived for hundreds of years and other fantastical stuff?
You don't. It's bullshit.
>Why doesn't god send angels anymore?
He never did. More bullshit
>Or talk to people now? He only did it back then?
Because he doesn't exist. It's difficult to talk to people when you don't exist.

>icons of Jesus Christ =/= Jesus Christ himself.
Which makes it even worse for the fact you worship(((venerate))) it

thats why

Beer Gives You "Man Boobs" & Beer Belly

Pastor Anderson

youtu.be/I-9N5d5JebY

Can someone explain to me why theres two different numbers of the beast? Why does one manuscript say its 616 and most others 666? Which is it?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast

Why wouldn't you read the most influential writings in western history?

>Mark is the best gospel for non/new Christians to read.
John*

Because it's a steaming bucket of dogshit full of garbage, lies and plagiarism?

Yes I'm sure your grape juice chugging lesbian pastor will fix that. Or maybe the altar boy rapist sect could shield the faggots on the right from prosecution?

thats what every fucking 16+ year old should know

I like to think it's an ebb and flow like in the OT that Godly nations do well then fall away from God, then come back and do well again. I think Revelations is if all the nation's fall too far away and don't come back and Belivers have absolutely no place to live in the universe, God will step in, rapture his people and kill everyone and send them to hell. Then everyone raptured will return to a nice clean earth and live happily for 1000 years. Then the devil will be let loose again, and we try again. (I only read revelations once, so I could be a little off).

Again, we do not worship them. Why are you confused by this?

>i am 17

Well you're going to have to. God had them live that long because they needed to fill the planet.

*tip*

>Why doesn't god send angels anymore? Or talk to people now? He only did it back then?
God does still talk to people, but if you mean "audibly" talk to people, then only a very few number of people have ever experienced such a privilege. I find he often speaks through his word ('man lives from every word that proceeds from the mouth of God...') and through other people.

As for why God doesn't send angels anymore, it is because of his new covenant under Christ. He will no longer interfere until the final judgment. When God next walks on the stage, it will be the end of the play.

>people lived for hundreds of years and other fantastical stuff?
He is God, he is omnipotent and therefore capable of all things. His displays of power were often to affirm his power in front of the Judeans. He no longer does such things because of New Covenant. Jesus said 'blessed is he who does not see and believes'.

People used to live longer because they were less corrupted by sin. This changed after the flood. I'd look into it more if you want some good arguments.

John is a bit too difficult, as it focuses on the divine aspect of Christ as Son of God.

It's 666. 616was found in a trash bin. The dude copying it probably fucked up.

How is it not? And again it's even worse that you admit that they aren't even the person.

Someone falling at Peter's feet counted as worship and Peter told him to stand the fuck up.

>I am scared of facts

>grape juice chugging lesbian pastor
no such thing as a female pastor
>altar boy rapist sect
not devouted christians
not saying that im the perfect image of a child of christ but the church and (((vatican))) let in the devil
and dont pretend to be retarded,religion brings moral values and thats what our society was build on

>*tip*
Has the founder of the universe on his side, and this is his best argument. You poor kid.

ITT

Yeah but it was written to save people so easily the most important.

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:

31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Yes. Make sure it's KJV, it's probably the oldest translation that was meddled with like the other newer version. You have to remember that in law, in order to print a version of the bible, or any other book, it has to be at least 10% changed from the original. Keep that in mind when dealing with other version out there.

There are plenty of better fantasy books than the the bible. Pick up one and read something more enjoyable and less unbelievable.

>but it was written to save people so easily the most important.
so were all the gospels. kek

>I'm not a Christian anymore though.
Impossible. Once a Beliver, always a Beliver. You're going to heaven wheather you like it or not. All you have to do is sincerely believe once and you go to heaven. See 2 Timothy 2:13 KJV read the entire epistle for context.

You should probably read some other books as well.

What language is that in?

Gnostic heretic detected

read the new testament a couple of times and read the old testament for extra context after

Read with an open mind, don't take it literally word for word as many do. It's stories and ideas of the history of the world and how we all came to be, what it means to do "good", what it means to do "evil", and establishing ritual to make way for a community of people who believe in the same principles. Also don't forget that this is written by MAN. It is IMO in no way the literal "word of god" but more so fleshly interpretations of divine revelations of people discovering universal truth to be passed through generation.

To me spirituality is like the first kind of science for humans, attempting to analyze what it means to be.