Trying to argue about the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombing is an absolute fucking nightmare...

Trying to argue about the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombing is an absolute fucking nightmare. Why can't liberals understand why the bombing was done? I swear to god it's like talking to a brick wall.

It scares me how people are being programmed into thinking with emotion rather than rationalization and what needs to be done in order to survive.

Other urls found in this thread:

newscientist.com/article/dn7706-hiroshima-bomb-may-have-carried-hidden-agenda/
sott.net/article/299831-USA-dropped-atomic-bombs-on-Japan-to-send-a-warning-to-Russia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

K... Keep me posted

word, japanon.
why are nips so based?

Give me a good reason as to why it was done though.
The bomb wasn't the main thing which made Japan surrender, the Soviets and their invasion of Manchuria were seen as much more of a threat to Japan and the Emperor by the government. Because of this, making Japan surrender isn't a valid reason.
Civilians were mainly targeted, it was completely unjustified.

To test the fucking bomb. And the fucker in charge just didn't want to step down.

>Civilians were mainly targeted, it was completely unjustified.
That's the fucking point of a war dumbfuckistan

because fuck chinks theyre fucking useless anyways

Because if it had ultimately come down to America invading Japan the death toll would have surpassed that of the bomb by fuck knows how many. Not too mention that due to the culture of Japan the military would have fought until the absolute end.

The world was on a brink of collapse and of countries had continued to fought there's no telling what kind of world we would be living in right now. Not everyone surrenders. It takes a serious display of ultimate power and dominance before finally convincing someone to surrender. Even with that some would continue to fight. War cannot be fought cleanly, such is the nature of war. While no one likes the fact of what happened it was something that was necessary for the survival of both countries.

You can't fight war with feelings, assessing the situation and finding the ultimate answer to end all is what must be done.

If someone is attacking me and I know I'm going to die or take some sort of serious damage I'm going to fight back until said someone is fucking dead.

Go get fucked in the mouth by your muslim boyfriend you loser

Like I said, the Soviet Union and their invasion of Manchuria made Hirohito want to step down. Additionally, terrorising and targeting civilians isn't justified at all. There were absolutely no worthwhile military instalations in Hiroshima so it was an act of terrorism against civilians.

I highly doubt it would have led to operation downfall because of the ever growing threat of the USSR and the fact they could bring Communism with them. Surrendering to the Americans rather than allowing the Soviets to invade would be seen as a much better thing by the Japanese government as it would be much more likely that the emperor would remain in power.
Japan never would have been able to seriously attack or incade the USA by the way. Their army and navy simply were not strong enough not to mention that they would also be fighting in China and Burma as well, it would be a logistical nightmare.

First day here and now you're trying to look edgy to fit in, eh?

Society learns with blood, the use of nukes was inevitable, at least it happened in relatively "small" cities, the lost was not that big and people nowadays don't use them anymore, so it was something that it was needed to be done.

Go fuck yourself. Let me guess, you think that Sir Arthur Harris was a war criminal too.

Imagine nukes being used against the Germans.

Every nation involved in a war says things like "We will fight to the last man and the last bullet". But when the Japanese said it - they truly meant it. Trying to defeat Japan via conventional warfare would have been a bloodbath for all parties involved.

Yes, what Arthur Harris did was a war crime, targetting civilians is a war crime. Both sides of WW2 did horrid war crimes. Sometimes the soldiers had it better than the civilians.

Japan literally did nothing wrong

People probably would be praising it today.

The world is being brainwashed into a state of confusion where they side and favor with what media tells them to. It scares me.

Nothing America did during ww2 was justified. Fighting for kikes is always wrong.

Wtf are you saying, I was taught since elementary school that nuking Japanese civilians was justified

Just tell them that after months of deliberation it was better to go with the atomic bomb. Otherwise there would be casualties the likes of which have not been seen in the war before. Then ask if they know what a purple heart is, then tell them that our projected casualties were so high that we are still using purple hearts manufactured for the invasion of Japan.

Also, tell them that the only other option left to America other than the nukes or invasion was strategic bombing, and that American firebombs already caused more death and destruction than the nukes, and Japan did not waver through their use.

I find that those generally work for showing that the nukes were a necessary evil.

And I believe it was justified as well. I'm saying that in today's media these events are coming up to fuel the message they want to send.

I'm saying that if America nuked Germany in WW2 and we had today's society involved in this they would probably be praising the event saying America was killing the white supremacist nazis and that the other who died were justified.

Pff. Dipshit.
It was a message to Russia.

>Also, tell them that the only other option left to America other than the nukes or invasion was strategic bombing, and that American firebombs already caused more death and destruction than the nukes, and Japan did not waver through their use.
Or they could, you know, just leave them there and just keep a blockade

It was a mixture of things what are you saying. I'm fully aware of the arms race and America getting to it first to send a message to Russia, however, that wasnt the only reason for the bombing obviously.

If you really believe that in 1945 Americas top priority with the nukes was sending a message to Russia you are delusional.

Whatever, Jap. We could have held on to the bombs, and continued to firebomb you pests.

"The US decision to drop atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945 was meant to kick-start the Cold War rather than end the Second World War, according to two nuclear historians who say they have new evidence backing the controversial theory."
newscientist.com/article/dn7706-hiroshima-bomb-may-have-carried-hidden-agenda/

Recently declassified documents from the time suggest the nuclear strikes may have been performed not out of military necessity but to intimidate the USSR
sott.net/article/299831-USA-dropped-atomic-bombs-on-Japan-to-send-a-warning-to-Russia

Should have nuked jap high command or their shit heel emperor not innocents

Anime is proof that two nukes just wasn't enough.

The bombs weren't justified though. It was a wholly unnecessary demonstration of power against the Soviets at the expense of the Japanese.

"They vowed to fight to the last bullet!"

Actually, Japan had already offered surrender, they just wanted it to be on condition that they could keep their Emperor. We said, "fuck you, unconditional surrender or nothing!" At the end of it all Japan got to keep their Emperor anyways.

"The Soviets invaded Manchuria as a land grab, we had to show them who's boss!"

Negative. Soviets invaded Manchuria as part of an earlier pact that they would assist in the Pacific one the European theater was won. In exchange it was agreed that they would receive post-war aid, Germany would be prevented from arming in the future, and Poland would be declared a neutral zone ruled by a trilateral commission of the Brits, Soviets, and US.

Why the bomb was actually dropped.

President Truman succumbed to pressure from corporate interests who saw the mass amount of wealth to be earned from war profiteering. They succeeded in destroying healthy relations that had been established by FDR and creating a boogeyman out of the USSR/Communism. It was then pushed to drop the bomb as a show of force which essentially was the catalyst for the Cold War and the entire Military Industrial Complex from which they stood to make billions (eventually trillions).

Holy shit guys, I just figured out something big.

I think Japan was the REAL hero of WW2. I know everyone thinks they were bad and allied with the Nazis and everything, but look. I've watched a lot of anime, so I know that the Japanese are good people. I don't think they would knowingly ally themselves with a monster like Hitler. I think they saw what was going on, and knew that what Hitler was doing wasn't right, and wanted to end his reign of terror. They saw that the most powerful country at the time, the United States, wasn't doing anything about it, so they decided to bomb Pearl Harbor and get them involved. I mean, why else would they bomb Pearl Harbor?

They did all this at great expense- sacrificing many of their own people, but they knew that it couldn't be helped- Hitler NEEDED to be stopped.

The reason why they kept fighting after the Nazis were defeated was because they wanted to save face. The Japanese are a very proud people. Those responsible for organizing this heroic plan took the secret to their graves, but it's so obvious that that's what happened. I think it's time we honored the REAL heroes of WW2: JAPAN. Without them, WE'D ALL BE SPEAKING GERMAN RIGHT NOW!!!!

dont speak or type any words ever again

>implying they were any less useless than the fat fuck Americans you see in wal mart

It was done in order to send a message to the Soviets.

They are complete morons. However, we could have easily starved Japan out. They had no oil, either, for heating or running machinery. The blockade and using crop dusters to poison the rice paddies would have done the trick.

>soviets won ww2 meme
good goy, now go get culturally enriched by Ahmed