Would banning all you can eat buffets help to solve America's obesity epidemic?

Would banning all you can eat buffets help to solve America's obesity epidemic?

No but it might hurt the spread of foodborn illness.

No, but a fat tax would be nice.

Slightly.

>banning
The problem is overregulation by the state, which crushes souls. That would make the problem worse...

Would lifting the ban on diet pills work?

Let people risk heart attacks to lose weight seems reasonable.

Mexico coming up with ideas for us to balance the budget.

Maybe twenty years ago. Buffets are on the way out.

Well they aren’t actually all you can eat. I’ve seen people get kicked out for eating too much.

The stupid thing is that the cardiac events associated with fenphen were absolute bullshit. Research has since proved it.

No. most fat people don't even eat at these places because they're expensive. A lot of them charge 20 dollars for the plate to make up fir the fact people will get several plates.
Ban soft drinks and fast food instead.

Wouldn't that make buffets easy pickings for lawyers?

No, what we need is:
>background checks on all medical history
>5 prong limit on all forks
>1oz max capacity of spoons
>20 minute wait limit between buffet trips
>total ban of all foods on sticks

I'll tell you when I'm done eating you God damned leaf and I'll die to protect my right to have the freedom to eat myself to death and fuck you if you don't like it.

this

Fuck you for even thinking you can touch our buffet

You're fucking high. Buffets have insulin dispensers at the table or else their clients would drop dead before paying the check.

Reformed ex-fattie here. Buffets are great but not the fundamental problem. Giant family-sized bags of doritos that cost $3 are the problem.

Just serve food only from moving trucks.

So rising the price of food to the point that no one would be able to eat is the solution to American obesity?

Not really, the average person doesn't get enough food from a buffet to really get his moneys' worth.

This and the overabundance of sugar in EVERYTHING.

Typically the buffet refunds the customer their money and tells them to not come back again.

Yes. It's way too easy and cheap to eat shit food. However, I have been seeing things in the store lately like mashed cauliflower, and packaged meals without processed carbs.

In a white ethnostate, if fat cunts refuse to alter their condition, despite numerous health plans outlined, we'll send them to a fat camp where they won't be coming back

No the issue is mostly low activity plus cheap food I don't know anyone that eats regularly at a buffet it's not the 90s anymore

The price isn't what really matters, it's the serving size. "Family Size" servings of shit are there for parties, but most people will get it just because it provides the best product to cost ratio so the consumer feels like they are getting the best deal. Now that they have the "Big Bag", they eat all of it to avoid feeling wasteful.

>be me
>6'5"
>350 or so
>go to local Pizza Ranch
>buffet is $10.99
>use my rewards points to get $10 off
>eat 21 pieces of chicken so I can get my money's worth

>mfw

No, but ending subsidies on corn and factory farmed meat would.

most people who eat at buffet are OLD ASF and have 15 years left to live. No, it won't make a diff. and not just beuse most of the clientel are old.

I'm skinny as fuck but love good quality buffets dont punish all of us.

>buffets

The real cause of obesity in America is Sugar, plain and simple, sugar is in everything, it's poison.
Go keto Sup Forums

Commies will never know this feel

No. As has been mentioned, it's mostly old people going to buffets.

What would help decrease the level of obesity would be to have meat be cheaper, possibly by subsidizing it. Meat satiates you because it causes your body to release a hormone that tells you that you're full, something carbs cannot do. Protein is practically kept at a minimum in most cheap meals because it is so expensive in comparison to loading up on noodles and corn. This is part of why people that are poor can find themselves getting so fat in comparison to those that have more money (or are willing to spend more) will be able to stay thin more easily.

Yes basically why ketogenic diet work

>What would help decrease the level of obesity would be to have meat be cheaper,

It's already cheap you fucking moron.

No. The only real way to do it is a fat tax. But that is a big step to allow the feds to take, and just brings us closer to shit like death panels. I prefer to just let the fat fucks kill themselves.

>chek'd republic

Noticed a decline in buffet restaurants in general, aside from the chains that stick around. There used to be chinese buffets all over now its here and there.

Anyone else notice this?

It would take 18 scoops of protein powder to get a day's worth of calories just from protein.

It would be agonizing to even attempt without training. It isn't even a matter of reaching ketosis, just a matter of it being harder to pig out.

It's a general unhealthiness. I'm skinny and I can eat as much possible every day and never gain a pound.

>fat tax
>says most obese country on earth

Diet pills are literally just meth. That's why they were banned.

The amount of food we eat isn't our problem. Europeans eat twice as much as us on a daily basis. The problems lies in the fact that we're a bunch of lazy assholes who have been brainwashed into believing that exercise and being fit are luxuries and wastes of time, while we ironically sit in front of the TV watching commercials and new programs that tell us how to think and act because we refuse to do so for ourselves.
The humans in Wall-E are perfect examples of modern Americans. The only difference is that we don't yet have robots to serve us.

Maybe but not as much as getting rid of niggers would

Valuable information for anyone struggling with weight. I'm maintaining a nearly 300lb weight loss going on 6 years now thanks to keto, no surgery.
Problem is, meat is already cheap. Chicken breast, low and slow cuts of beef, cod/haddock, none of these are expensive. The big problem with keto, and I can never go off it, obesity is simply unacceptable in Burlington/Oakville, is the cost of top-tier veggies. Root veg when cooked ends up with a higher glycemic index than bread in some cases. Corn is terrible. Beans aren't really vegetables and with lectin research gaining acceptance, they're already being rejected by the more diligent consumer. Asparagus is top tier, and it's seriously $5 a serving most of the year, provided you have a costco membership. $8 a serving from other stores. Broccoli's good and not horribly expensive if you can eat it, but I bloat up like a balloon. Leafy greens spoil in 2-3 days. They're cheap but boring and you're always running to the store. If we can find a way to make asparagus in particular cheap and readily available, people would have an easy time sticking with keto. Based on the turnover I see in this affluent area, if someone started up a large-scale hydroponic asparagus operation, they could probably make a ton of money. For the less ambitious and intelligent though, there's no fix. They're going to gravitate towards the sweetest options; you can hardly blame them for not training themselves to enjoy the bitterness response or only a trace of subtle sweetness.

>obesity epidemic

you mean the brown people epidemic?

if you only look at white people, our obesity rates are similar to any euro country.

it's only when you factor in hispanics and blacks that it plummets to the bottom.

lol no step on fat snek xD

TAX FAST FOOD LIKE BUFFETS SAME AS CIGARETTES

careful, he might have that Asian gay soyboy disease

ban all sitting
problem solved

i dont like the way apsaragus makes my pee change odors.

>lol no
I stopped reading there, lad.

Many buffets are going under, so no. Diet is but one of the contributing factors; people need to start living a more active lifestyle.

ban all food
fuck off leaf you cunt
let people be fat
as long as they pay their way and don't go out in public
for people to have responsiblity
but forcing them to face the natural CONSEQUENCES of their choices
do THAT and you solve it
also: you tell people the TRUTH
which OBAMA DIDN'T
Obama carried the sugar subsidies and sugar friendly labelling another eight years!

Fuck you
Saged

you didn't provide an argument against his suggestion you retarded fuck

>Would banning all you can eat buffets help to solve America's obesity epidemic?
What if all-you-can-eat buffets only served veggies and other healthy foods?