1 in 6 Aussies think that same-sex relationships should be criminalised

>polls are predicting a win for the Yes campaign, but according to a new study one in six Aussies subscribes to an outdated belief.

>But it seems that these results might not echo global attitudes as much as previously thought.

>ONE in six Australians believe that relationships between same-sex couples should be considered a criminal act, according to a new survey.

>Research conducted by the Ilga-RIWI, a collaboration between the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association and an analytics firm, on global attitudes towards sexual and gender minorities revealed 16% of Aussies agreed that “people who engage in romantic or sexual relationships with people of the same sex should be charged as criminals”.

>More than 28% of people world wide who participated in the Ilga-Riwi survey also believed same-sex relationships should be criminalised. This figure was significantly higher in the African and Middle Eastern areas that were surveyed, coming in at 45% and 36%

>Countries known for being more accepting of same-sex couples still had a significant number of people who agreed they should be charged, with the US coming in at 18%, the UK at 17% and New Zealand at 15%

>Tiernan Brady from the Equality Campaign said the research made “it clear” they “have more work to do around the world to ensure equality for gay and lesbian people.”

>“Fairness and equality are at the heart of Australian society and we believe our laws should reflect these values of which we are most proud,” they said.

>“Posting your ballot this week means it still can get there. It’s not too late. Don’t throw it in the bin, put it in the post.”

archive.is/Q5vvE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2LjE9I3Cp-U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Didn't know Australia was 1/6th Muslim.
Based muzzies.

I t won't happen.
Aussies are too chill.
Live and let live asshole.

It should be 1 in 1 think poofs should be criminalised, fucking disgusted at my poof loving countrymen

What is this supposed to prove exactly?

That people who are older used to lie about being gay.

Or the ones who claimed to be gay died of aids since it's much higher chance of contracting HIV/AIDS in the gay community?

this is also a workable theory. but you'd have to compare us dykes as a control to test it properly.

It means millennials do lie about being gay because its trendy

Or they are putting chemicals in the water

>*sigh*
gun 'em down

Do you guys vote over a period of time by mail?

1/6th of Australia has common sense.

It's not really a vote that will decide the outcome but a vote for the government to gather the general consensus of what the population feels about said subject for them to then decide on their own what laws they will or won't pass. For example, if it came back majority "No" and the government decides not to implement it, if the rival party is elected into government next election they will just pass it anyway.

proof or gtfo

>implying I'm going to post my tits like a slut on a Norwegian hat tipping forum.
cool story snek
thats right goy! kill them gays and drive em into hiding, they wont reproduce and sully your genes into faggotry.

when the day of the rope comes we will gather you sodomites up and burn you alive. just several more years,you will see

since fucking WHEN was fairness and equality at the heart of Australian society? Ask one of these faggots what being Australian means and they'll say "it's about having a fair go mate" like they hear the puppets in the government spouting. Fuck this. Believe it or not we weren't founded on liberal feel-good faggotry axioms.

Fair shake of the sauce bottle mate

youtube.com/watch?v=2LjE9I3Cp-U

how can people watch this without having a nuclear meltdown? Fucking nu-australians, this is reptilian mimicry of a commercial construction of an identity which was assassinated fifty years ago by media globalism. This is who represents us. Australia no longer belongs to Australians

I'm pretty sure Rudd once said that Mao wasn't that bad or something similar.

I can't fucking stand being told that British values are "tolerance and diversity". Says (((who)))?

Chav/Bogan uprising soon brother

Most bogans in Australia have started calling out other people for being "racist" and "sexist" and they vote Labor from everything I have seen.

yeah nah, you'll kill some of us, then the rest of us will blend in, have lavender marriages, and infect you all with gay genes becuase damn if you'd rather hide the problem than address it.

>Oh look they want kill us

give more money

>>yfw the yes vote wins

That means 5 in 6 aussies are either gay for leftist pussy faggots.

Says something about the state of Fagstralia

people die of AIDS before fag

what do when Labor gets in government next and just passes same sex marriage laws regardless?

america got trump,britain got brexit,if aussies let us down i swear m8 we will rip on you got a month non stop

>>Tiernan Brady from the Equality Campaign said the research made “it clear” they “have more work to do around the world to ensure equality for gay and lesbian people.”
if you dont like gays they dont have equality

1 in 6 Aussies are really retarded

Not give a fuck and attend weddings of my few gay friends. Thats right Sup Forums I voted yes.