Are doctors prescribing blue pills?

>Be me as I currently am.
>Finally got some free time from med school.
>Decided to visit this wretched place once again.
>See autists talking about ADHD and how it's a Jewish blue-pill.
>Guess I'll take a test, and a legit test, not some bullshit internet personality test.
>Doc says I got ADHD and probably had it since I was 5 years old.
>Gave me some pills in a small packet, I don't know what's in them so I ask Doc.
>Says it will increase your concentration.
>I have no problems with concentration.
>Came home.
>Didn't take pills.

Should I take them or not Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ySnk-f2ThpE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Read Thomas Szasz "The Myth of Mental Illness."

There are no mental illnesses full stop. Do not take Psychiatric drugs apart from recreationally.

I was diagnosed with it when I was really young and visited a psychiatrist who helped me develop coping mechanisms to deal with it. Pills were also prescribed, but they kept me up all night. The coping mechanisms work well enough and I'm a perfectly functional person with no need for pills.

Don't take them.

>defects that happen to appear in your brain do not exist
i mean, im sure the official criteria for diagnosing mental illness are overblown and docs are too lazy to treat you they just give you shit that only makes you feel a little better for some time, but it doesnt mean some people arent fucked for life thanks to their mom taking the wrong meds when she was pregnant just because you cant see their disease with you eyes.

If you're struggling in real life then you probably should. If you're doing fine and the way you are isn't inhibiting your regular life then forget about it.

Good meme.

ignore the 4fags most of them are drug-addled morons.

You've fallen for the association. Obviously brain defects are real. Brain cancer is real. Physical aberrations in the brain are real. Brain damage is real.

With mental illness what we have tried to do is take our subjective perceptions of what is acceptable behaviour and what isn't, and claim this means objective damage in the brain, which just hasn't been established. The problem is that these subjective perceptions change all the time and vary culture to culture.

Homosexuality was an illness when it wasn't socially accepted. Now it isn't. Being a disruptive child didn't used to be an illness. Now it is. etc. etc.

Debate me faggot.
You will lose.

You can't debate someone who genuinely believes in shit like
>just pull yourself up by your bootstraps, toughen it out!
Yeah people with depression and PTSD just need to get a grip. Good one, Jamal M'Buktu Smith.

If you're functional why the fuck would you even consider taking them ? actual ADHD people are pretty much retards

Adderall is literally speed.
Muh adhd retards are all just tweakers in denial who can't admit their parents and doctors lied to them since they were five.

>immediately straw mans
Well it seems you can't debate anybody full stop.

ADHD does exist, but the name is completely wrong, it isn't a disorder not even close, and the consequences have been exaggerated.
However if you have it you will find the life maybe tough since you people are minority, ADHD is actually a different type of brain from the major type.

Very cute, now go back to re*dit and circlejerk some more about mental illnesses.

Forget to mention, If you find your life is really tough you should at least try those pills, but since you said you have no problem you may not need them.

So you’re a med student and you don’t know which medications a doctor gave you, good job retard. Also this has nothing to do with politics

Wow. You actually managed to lose an argument before it started.

>drug controlling the minds of millions of white men
Nah not political goyim nothing to see here

Mental illness is inherently political. That's why the DSM gets voted on and the mental health act inexctricably weaves psychiatry into law.

It does exist and the pills do treat the problem in the short term, but they often have side effects. If you function well without them, don't take them.

He is scared, and that's why he will not agree to a formal, Sup Forums-rules debate with me.

Please elaborate.

Is any of that mentioned in the OP? These are just stupid threads to get autistic shit heads to quit taking their meds

you can crush them up and snort them if it's ritilin , basically prescription speed

i remember in elementary school we would have this thing called "Self-Control Time" where we would all sit at our desks, hands on our laps, and just sit quiet for 10 minutes.

i think it really helped the spazzy kids learn to calm the fuck down. should be done more often

Denmark is this retarded?

Bogan tier iq

be warned of the opiod addiction crisis before taking any long term prescription drug

Thomas Szasz.
Also do make sure to avoid the antipsychiatry movement, as it is an infiltrate movement of psychiatrists.

>ADHD The truth about DOES Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder NOT Richard Saul, M.D. EXIST

Prolly gave you central stimulants. You could sell it on the street, I guess.
Don't establish a bad habit.

ADHD does indeed exist
It is just pills are a bad quick fix

Let's consider the underlying reason ADHD exists in humanity:
It is an evolutionary response, which is optimal in certain environments and sub optimal in other ones.
Unfortunately, current Western society is not ADHD-friendly. This doesn't mean ADHD (and especially its milder forms) is a disease. It just means it is maladaptive in some contexts.

Guess what: I have a kid in my class who is always histrionic, cannot eat stuff without soiling himself. Farts and laughs most of the time. He is literally an asshole, but you can tell he is not intrinsically mean.

Trouble is, his parents have enrolled him in am English class he is not up to.
Trouble is, the school allowed this to happen because they are in desperate needs of shekels.
Trouble is, I had to teach that class because of my contract with another school that has signed an agreement with this one.

So, in the end, we have
>a kid who is not adapted to "sitting-at-the-desk" kind of schooling
>parents who are so obsessed with "traditionally defined" success that they end up enrolling him in extra classes with the delusional hope his cognitive abilities and discipline will eventually improve
Guess what? This just makes him more stressed. For an ADHD, extra classes are not a cure. Quite the opposite.

We also have:
>à school that gives no shit about him... Because it is not that he was placed in an extracurricular course where he could enjoy some group activities and games. In fact, they enrolled him into an "exam preparation course".
I mean, this is just idiotic. The boy cannot even "follow" instructions properly. How do they think he will do when exam time comes? It's not me correcting it... Just an external assessor.

Brief, ADHD boy could have benefitted from a tons of alternative activities... But society, and parents as well, keep trying to make him fit the usual boxes... Which he doesn't. End result: an issue where there should be none

Bottom line
>don't take pills unless your ADHD makes you maladaptive in most contexts.
But I am not a doctor... So the fuck with my opinion. Don't believe me

Once he gets older he might develop the academic interests that adults ineptly try to foist on him now.
Kid sounds a lot like me. But once I actually started giving anything resembling a fuck about school, I started getting top grades, even though I was considered pretty hopeless.
Kids with ADHD just aren't cucky enough to let others tell them what should be occupying their mind, unless it actually interests them.

this sounds just like me to user, still hven't tried at school yet tho and somehow made it to college

I tried to get off the pills for a year, but i just couldn't it fucking sucks. I don't want to take these, but i know my mind would be a mess without them.
>Tfw you'll be addicted meth pills your whole life and theres nothing you can do about it

Don't. I went down the ADHD rabbit hole for about a year and a half. The medication will make you feel great for the first few months but eventually the effect will wear off and leave you with shitty side effects. Then you have to go on a goose chase switching drugs trying to find one that won't make life unbearable. Eventually I just decided to say fuck it and go off my drugs because they hurt my life more than they helped it. Stay away from pharmaceuticals, they only cause you more problems in the end

Got diagnosed with ADHD and taking my medicine has made more productive. So why not take it?

Just quit them cold turkey and give yourself a month off to return to baseline. See how you feel at the end of the month. If things were honestly better when you were on pills, then go back to the pills. Personally I could never deal with the adderall mood swings and crashes, but hey maybe it's different for you

These drugs have side effects that are not immediately noticeable. I felt the same way you do when I first started taking them. I felt great, experienced a huge boost in productivity, actually was interested in my schoolwork, etc. But that only lasted for the first few months. After that it's all downhill, the effects dull and the side effects become more evident. Some of the side effects are fucking horrible like making you suicidal, making you have terrible mood swings, inducing overall lethargy, etc.

Never heard about ADHD before I read about it on US websites. Seems to be an American thing.

Pharma is a wing of big oil. Part of it is making you diseased and stupid so you make for a docile servant, unit mover for them.

youtube.com/watch?v=ySnk-f2ThpE

Kindly acknowledge humans are herbivores.

Well all I need is a few more months of productivity to take my exam. When I feel the side effects ill probably quit if it isn't just headaches.

>There are no mental illnesses full stop
This is largely true, but schizophrenia is definitely a real thing along with some other rare genetic/physical injury disorders.

Literally because it was invented by a Jew (Leon Eisenberg) in order to exploit money out of the naive goyim. He even said on his deathbed that "ADHD is the prime example of a fictitious disease." It's all a massive scheme to get easy money from you.

Depression isn't a mental illness.

I went a full year without them, before realizing how fucking bad I was without them.
My dosage is pretty low (27 mg) so its not as bad as some of these kids who get prescribed 60 mg at such a young age it completely fucks them up.
The effects of stopping them were really bad, weight gain, head aches. And an insatiable hunger.
I've been back on them for about 4 months now and my weight as returned to normal and i feel better.

You should take them because vyvanse and adderall are awesome.

Yeah I was taking 50mg a day, 40mg of that in Adderall XR and 10 mg in Adderall IR in the afternoons. I felt like a literal zombie, being speeded out all the time was not fun at all for me. So maybe I was taking too much.

It's over-diagnosed and medication is too often the first line of treatment, but I'd say it exists.

People on pills in their childhood cannot function without them in adulthood, their body builds up a dependency on them. If you've gone this far without them and your not suffering in any way why did you get tested.

>taking psychiatric drugs recreationally
Don't fucking do that.

Honestly I'm really glad my mom flied out on my doctor when i was young and got my dose lowered, i used to be on 60 mg of adderal and felt like a literal robot
I'm on 27 mg of concerta now and its alot better, it helps but doesn't overpower you.

If you want to concentrate, go to a camp

I take at most 20mg now as an adult if I really want to be productive, but doctors felt it was appropriate for me to take 60 every day as a kid.
A tip for anyone taking any kind of medication is to never let doctors decide your dosage if you can help it.
In my experience doctors always needlessly max dosage despite it leading to side-effects that outweigh any benefits, not just with ADHD meds.
I assume their motive is economical since it definitely isn't medical.

What are the pills called?

>There are no mental illnesses full stop.
Explain leftists.

Let me tell you why this is shit, Doctorate in Human Factors which is experimental psych in an extreme.

These authors just write about a known issue. That is, mental health isn't a hard stop illness you can see like other health problems. Brains all function so differently that it would be impossible to tell the difference from a scan right now despite what liberals try to say. Neurological roots are next to impossible to determine and would need sample sizes many times larger than we currently have. Eventually, mental health diagnosis should include EEG and FMRI but not today. We are simply cavemen on the topic.

So.. we diagnose it based on behavior, self report, testimonies of others, and whatever tests we have. Tests can be faked.

The idea is to use statistics to filter out noise and determine when someone is messed up enough that the medications make an improvement in their life.

When is that? Well, usually when the symptoms are causing problems for someone and interfering with their life. But it could just be a loser that uses a minor personality quirk that happens to line up with a mental illness as a scapegoat.

Everyone has symptoms of various mental illnesses. The truth is they are all a spectrum. The reason it's real is that there are people on the extreme side of these spectrum that all report the same kinds of illnesses independently. So some things like Schizophrenia, are real known problems.

Others, like ADHD, are less well known. So much so that it was removed from the DSM-V That does not make the symptoms fake, most people diagnosed with ADHD should be reclassified as ADD.

If you want to try to overcome a mental illness with no pills, some counseling, and just personal effort, that's always allowed. In the US you cannot be forced to take psychiatric drugs. Psychologists want to talk to you and see you overcome issues. Psychiatrists get a bonus based on how many pills they are able to prescribe.

60 mg is just far far too strong, its so terrible that its kids who get the highest doses, fucking them up completely, then later in life then need the pills for the rest of their life.

You are in med school. Ask some professors and shit.
I say don't take them

What's it say on the bottle? If it's amphetamines treat them like you would amphetamines.

They look like some type of monster corssed with satan

Psychologists ruined my life. I had to see one as a child because I had arguments with teachers and wasn't very social. They diagnosed me with asperger's and prescribed me pills (I started flushing them down the toilet after a while though), consequence of this was that I spent most of my adolescence isolated and with little interaction with other people until I realized that I was lied to, but by that time, it was already too late.
I have no doubt that my life today would be better if I had never seen a psychologist.
If you ever have a child, do not, I repeat, DO NOT send them to a psychologist unless you want to destroy their life.

It's so much easier to scream and throw feces tho dad

Can you explain what those methods were? I have extreme trouble concentrating, I lose track of what I'm doing, switch topics fast, etc.

>1 post by this ID

femanon here diagnosed at 29. Misdiagnosed as depressed a few times, took ssri's which did absolutely nothing other than numb my normal human emotions.

One doc insisted I was bipolar bc I 'seem manic' when I talk. Insisted this is how I ALWAYS talk bc I'm hyper af ALL the time. I'm never depressed just frustrated af all the time bc I can't find my keys, can't finish anything on time, can't make appointments to save my life, seems like stupid stuff that I should be able to just 'try harder' but my life was crumbling around me and it wasn't for lack of trying.
Started seeing my mothers psychiatrist per her recommendation. I don't know if that helped bc of what my mother told her about me but she diagnosed me as being a textbook case of ADHD. Gave me a low dose of 30 mg adderall in 10mg 3 times a day, as needed, and my life completely turned around. It was amazing. I feel no recreational buzz effects from it. Some days I take less just because, which doc says is fine and somewhat recommended. I felt such a relief after the first month, like I finally felt all the hopelessness leave me. My whole family noticed the improvement and all agreed I must have always had ADHD when looking back in hindsight at my 'quirks' which were a huge nuisance to me. I am incredibly intelligent but always seemed like a huge airhead. Anyways, listen to people like me who have really struggled. It's real. Of course there are people who lie and abuse docs just to get pills. But that doesn't mean EVERYONE is lying or that it's fake.

They know that you know the truth, they are trying to poison you with those pills.

I have taken a few months off here an there too trying to convince myself I don't need the meds but eventually shit starts falling apart and I'm miserable again and then it hits me, you need your meds idiot.

A med student who does not know that ADD medications either contain d,l-amphetamine, methylphenidate or sometimes SSNRIs are prescribed off-label for the disorder. Holy fucking shit.

has anyone tried modafinil?

I don't care if it exists, Concerta makes me better

Only take them with alcohol and cigarettes

Depression isn't real

I felt like i was going mad, as soon as i started taking my meds again my mind quieted and the noise disappeared.
Its a shame that we are dependent on them, but at least is better than not taking them

This.

Fuck psychiatry. I am a benzo casualty myself... they prescribed my happy ass Adderall to offset the effects of Valium. It's ridiculous. I ended up in detox/rehab.

>concentration pills
kek

>schizophrenia is definitely a real thing
"Schizophrenia" is a way to say "crazy" when you want to sound as if you know what's going on. They don't. They don't know what it is, they don't know how to treat it. There are strong signs that their attempts at treating it just make it worse (people in countries without access to psychiatric treatment often simply recover and become sane again, whereas ones who get treatment don't).

When you get past all the mumbo-jumbo, by "schizophrenia" they just mean "a general kind of crazy, not overly sad or energetic". Most seriously crazy people can be sorted into "schizophrenic", "depressed" (overly sad, suicidal), or "manic" (overly happy/energetic, goes out and gets into trouble because everything sounds like a wonderful good idea except getting a good night's sleep), and "schizophrenia" is the catch-all bucket for people who don't fit into one of the other two.

These aren't sophisticated ideas. Psychiatry's valid concepts are trivial, and its interesting ideas aren't valid.

They're frauds. They have nothing to offer but confusion and harm.

It's especially messed up since kids have no idea what they're given & its potential consequences.
Sucks that it goes on everywhere yet flies under the radar of most people.
Just happy I wasn't diagnosed & "helped" until I was in my teens.

To elaborate on ADHD, we found many more boys than girls were diagnosed and that the Hyper part was being blamed on typical male behavior in completely healthy subjects that were able to properly focus on tasks when motivated or sincerely asked.

An ADD subject should have difficulties focusing even when they want to, even when in a lab environment where they just have to answer a few math problems and they know it's important.

I personally think a phenomenon exists here that is poorly studied. Basically, ADD subjects can focus intensely well on high stimuli activities like video games or other hobbies. They have to be actually interested in it, but they can focus. They even outperform normal kids in comprehension when given multiple audio tracks to listen to at the same time. It's a huge difference and may be introduced as a diagnosis tool, but then calling someone as a "disorder" that can listen to 3 audio books at once with 90% comprehension shouldn't be considered less than people that struggle to follow one of the 3 tracks.

There is definitely something weird going on here and I think ADD subjects are actually more capable of taking in and processing huge amounts of information than average people. Unfortunately, there are no grants or funding opportunities to look into it.

For some reason the US is ass backwards on funding science. Instead of letting geniuses come up with plans, they get some government lacky with a BS in communication to write up funding opportunities and then scientists have to write how they would go about it. Then a TPOC reviews and awards money to the most competent team.

Unfortunately, this limits the ideas about what should be researched. Instead of finding out whether persons with extreme ADD would be good at unusual jobs that need insane amounts of attention, we get to study how people's preferences for coffee related to street crossing skills. I have to make a living you know.

I have ADD and I've moved from stimulants to lamotrigine. Feel a lot better now that I'm on something that isn't a controlled substance.

ADHD is way overdiagnosed. If it hasn't bothered you up to this point, why take the pills?

Stimulants are degeneracy inducing medications, no matter how strong you are, your resistance to degeneracy will be weakened.

Imagine that, a medical student who can't identify unlabeled pills by sight. Go rake yourself.

Jewish psyop to destroy the masculinity of white males and feminise the school curriculum. Orchestrated Jewish big pharma in association with the Ford and Rockefeller Foundations as a form of social control. Similar to the opioid epidemic.

White genocide is not a myth. Jews and globalists understand that if redpilled whites understood the truth about Jewish control of the media and WW2 there would be a revolution tomorrow. So they're poisoning our food, water, and getting us hooked on drugs and promoting a degenerate lifestyle/flooding us with immigrants to divide and conquer us, same as they did to China.

Similarly, labels such as "psychopath" and "sociopath" are Freudian terms invented after the Second World War by the Jews to pathologise aggression and violent behaviour. Very useful when trying to control a population. Not that sociopaths and psychopaths don't exist per se, but that the labels themselves are catch-all terms that are sufficiently ambiguous and broadly defined as to be meaningless

Your in med school use some of the apparatus and books to break down the medicine to see whats in it

Save them for when you have a huge project you have to get finished quickly. I was a poorfag before university so I ended up working nearly full time during school, this led to me having to crunch out big assignments last minute. So i'd go talk to this American kid and he'd sell me them for $2/pill. Apparently they give Adderall and Dexedrine out like Candy in the States.

he would if he could sustain attention to this thread

>He went to the pharmacy and didn't check the name of his meds
How fucking retarded are you? Doctors don't hand out meds, they hand out prescriptions.

>don't need pills
>have pills
>should I take these pills I don't need?

Me too. They do quiet my mind also and it's such a relief. People who don't have ADHD just hear the meds are speed and think you take them and tweek all day and it's the exact opposite for me but apparently it has the opposite effect on NT's. It's not classified as a mental illness but a neurological disorder and from what I remember it has to mainly do with dopamine. So the meds make our dopamine function normally but when non ADHD people take it they get flooded with dopamine which is why it has recreational value to them and also what gives us, who actually need it, a bad rap.

Without the meds my mind is going a mile a minute all over the fucking place and the older I got I realized I was not functioning like my peers. As a young/teen/early 20's female my flightiness and ditziness was seen as cute or typical female behavior when really it was not intentional or cute at all to me. Females often are not diagnosed til much later b/c of this.

If your child is ever diagnosed with ADHD, react with skepticism. Make the doctor explain what it actually means and what effect it will actually have on your child's life. These days, "ADHD" is often used as a synonym for "being male."

>low sensitivity to reward
>Addictive Personality

Fuck, I never thought I had ADHD but those two are strangely accurate

>Guess I'll take a test, and a legit test, not some bullshit internet personality test.
Why are you straight up lying? If you don't have problems with concentration, then you wouldn't be diagnosed with ADHD.
The so-called test consists of a handful of questions where they ask you if you're struggling with concentration and restlessness. There's no magic behind it.

Adderall is the bees knees op, take that shit and concentrate even harder.

adhd is very real
but also overdiagnosed
and way overtreated
especially in children under 12 years
most schools and families force children into expectations that are unrealistic
-1-2 hour class "blocks" in school instead of 30-50 minute classes
-no recess at many schools
-screen time is the daily placebo/panacea
-except for underprivileged, who instead get NOTHING and have no outlet for energy

ADHD meds do help short term with focus and concentration, even in those who have NO need for them, hence the trading/selling/gifting of ritalin adderall etc among students

ADHD meds make it look like a loser teacher with no classroom management ability has become a genius, worked a miracle, when really they are just posing in front of a room full of 18 "normal" kids, 2-3 appropriately medicated kids with ADHD, and 5+ more kids taking adderall for no reason.

This

>There are no mental illnesses full stop
False

A thousand times this. We say, "those who can do, those who can't teach" then wonder why the education system is garbage.

What you're describing is perfectly normal on the spectrum of human behaviour. Forgetting appointments, absent mindedness, not caring about responsibilities, etc is NOT indicative of mental illness. If anything it suggests that you're susceptible to independent thought patterns and don't enjoy repetitive tasks. ADHD is just a sneaky way for Jews to pathologise individuals who don't conform or follow orders (and hence are more likely to pose a threat to the establishment). Is it just a coincidence that ADHD never existed until after the Second World War? Is it a coincidence that the inventor of ADHD (Leon Eisenberg) was the son of Jewish immigrants who fled the holocaust? If Jews actually cares about educational outcomes why would they flood our societies with low IQ immigrants and destroy the traditional family? Really activates my almonds.

ADHD is a sleep disorder. Sleep disorders are really fucking hard to sort out. ADHD meds are a quick and effective fix