Why do Americans always portray the bad guys as having British accents?

Why do Americans always portray the bad guys as having British accents?

I, for one, am getting pretty tired of this anglophobic bigotry.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6msU2Ay1P4E
youtube.com/watch?v=t1E5N2gQGmM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We have this weird thing for British accents. You'll also notice heavy use on characters that are supposed to be intelligent.

For what it's worth, you guys sound fucking retarded to me.

kill yourself

Its because of political correctness. Don't you remember the shit storm The Phantom Menace received for making the Trade Federation guys sound asian?

This.
The amount of pussy you can get here whilst even being a 5/10 but having that posh british accent is insane. It's really something all britbongs need to abuse.

because muh 1776 muh freedoms

I can attest to this. I've pulled so many American girls who were infinitely more attractive than me, because they thought I was funny and charming. I'm neither, I'm a complete cunt.

All Hollywood gunmen are left handed.

Europes sound like they can plan stuff.

The quality actors have that accent.

Because being a convincing villain requires some skill, while being a convincing hero requires the ability to remember lines and/or have nice tits.

because it's the de facto prestige accent in the US and most hollywood movies are about you can defeat anyone, no matter how sophisticated and powerful, so long as you're an everyman with a heart of gold.

bad guys have to sound adept and intelligent, capable of scheming, that rules out american accents.

>he thinks the empire were the baddies
First time watching SW?

Obi-Wan had a Bong accent, and Leia tried to put one on. Also, Mon Motha, leader of the rebel alliance, had a Bong accent.

For what it's worth, the best characters had a British accent.

Also Vader was played by a Brit, but he had a west country accent.

The Star Wars movies were filmed in England. That is literally the root of the Empire being very English. All of their extras were just random fucks from Shepperton.

Stop being evil bloody cuntz?

Because we were historically bad-ass and acted like cool villains around the world.
The posh English accent, with a deep voice, sounds very menacing and intelligent too.
American lasses love our accents too.
When filming, the guy who played Darth Vader
(under the suit) spoke with a fucking West Country accent.

Because of the revolution. When most Americans think of a posh british accent they think of a rich aristocrat ruling over them.

Because you're a bunch of Limey faggots. Accept the fact you love the cock and nobody likes you.

i thinks its because they gotta sound intelligent and the accent gives an impression that they dont have strict moral codes. but in the end i agree with the first reply you guys sound pretty silly

Support Jez with a like lads.
youtube.com/watch?v=6msU2Ay1P4E

I'm not affiliated or anything, but the london forum is underrated & delivers good stuff on the regular.

>After vacillating for over a year, the authorities have finally decided that Jez Turner of the London Forum should face charges relating to the 'Stirring up of Racial or Religious Hatred'. It has taken them a while to arrive at this decision. Clearly, Mr Turner represents a threat to certain individuals in our society who wish to have him silenced. Supporters of the nationalist cause filled the public gallery to overflowing and a new court room had to be found to accommodate the public. Magistrates decided that the case is far too serious to be judged at this level, and arranged for it to be heard at Southwark Crown Court in the latter half of November 2017. So Mr Turner, ex-soldier, a man of wholly good character, and no previous convictions, has to face what amounts to a very serious charge at a high-profile Crown Court - for the non-violent crime of daring to speak the truth.

>In Britain, the basic right to freedom of speech has never been under such tyranny in living memory. Mr Turner is leading a vanguard in the struggle to oppose those who seek to deliberately silence people of good character for their own duplicitous purposes.This is the first in a series of videos covering the hearings and trial(s).

Villains are some of the most difficult characters to play, supposedly. Most Murican and Canadian actors have shit training before becoming actors which is why most play essentially the same part in every film. Most classically trained actors are Brits, therefore they are chosen for the more difficult roles. Just a hypothesis of mine.

>wwaaaaahhhhh, my pussy hurts"
kys britfag.

Each country got a different accent. Germanys were french, Czechs were russian. It was the greatest of Lucas ideas.

this

I love it. Shows that they fear us and have to make up imaginary scenarios where they beat us. Poor burgers.

This

This, a well written villain is hard to play. You have a far thinner line of opinion to walk to be "good". Unless you are more wooden than the chick from Twilight the audience will always rally behind the hero, having people think you are a quality villain means being menacing without being hackney, being evil but not irrationally so. You have to show that while you are corrupted you are human.

When I did theater for 4 years it was always the more method acting types that got villains,and our villains were always on point. I would agree with your hypothesis

t. reformed artfag

red coats are the enemies.

I'm quite sure it's not just us.
India probably feels the same way.
Or any place that was once ruled by the Brits.

It just seems rational and logical to me. I don't have any theater experience. But I do have extensive training in critical analysis.

hmm i should try this

Always wondered if Vegeta was supposed to have a British accent in DBZ.

because britbongs are the biggest assholes of the world. had a huge global empire, created chaos in the middle east by creating iraq, created chaos in the world generally. britbongs should be ashamed of themselves, and of their teeth.

>Oi m8, the level is quite a bit over 9000.

>mfw half French Brit
>mfw my accent is a weird variation between posh Brit and posh French
>mfw American tourist girls
This shit is OP as fuck. Would be virgin without it though for what it's worth.

>Just a hypothesis of mine.
That's reasonable. Britain is the one place where it's still common to go through some classical theater before working in cinema, even the lower grade actors.
Hell, even the bloody Kelly C form Game of Fags was on stage, which is where the exaggerated eyebrow movements come from.

Not even mad

Ive noiced its either english or german, more so german.

british guys are the bad guys... proof!

youtube.com/watch?v=t1E5N2gQGmM

Here here

Y u heff to be mad?

The acting company that Star Wars hired most of it's actors from was located in London.