How do you justify this amerilards?

Who else is going to bomb some shit country in the middle east?

Justify what? How about you compare it to overall spending instead of just discretionary to see the real problem

I think it's justified in the fact that a literal non-country is getting upset over it. Their military is the reason they're not a Belgium.

Don't reply to Belgian , half of them are leftards/communist , and the others are muslims .

I would love to see European economies crash as they had to build ACTUAL militaries without help from the U.S

We don't have a bigger stronger nation to subsidize it for us, time for NATO to pay its fair share

Hooah!

>Discretionary
Disregarded. Defense is absolutely dwarfed by welfare spending.

>Americans spend more on veterans' benefits than on their entire education system

Jesus Christ that explains everything.

Nigga which one of those slices is your GDP?

Well we haven't been invaded since the early 19th century, so yeah!

How do you justify this?

other countries do what we want because we have ebin military powers

Education is mostly handled at the state level.

Here you go idiot

Guess which of those categories the government actually has an obligation to provide.

Go ahead, guess.

World War 1 and World War 2

>ITT a bunch of NATO treaty-breakers guffaw over how they get a free ride on American taxpayers' backs

ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS, YUROS

>it's the year 2017 and people still confuse discretionary and budget

>in a politics forum

Why should I have to justify myself to you,? I don't even know what country your flag belongs to.

>Discretionary spending
Now show the chart with our full budget.

The military budget could be increased if we stopped giving money to shiftless niggers.

This. The Department of Education has been largely useless since its creation.

Its still a retarded chunk for no reason. Our military budget should be $100 billion tops and we should withdraw from all of our international bases and let the rest of the world deal with their own problems.

Ah, fair enough.

>Belgium
Fuck off Wafflenigger, discretionary spending is diffrent than MANDATORY spending, but you're too fucking retarded to realise that.

THERE'S A PRICE FOR FREEDOM YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKER.

SLASH THREAD

It`s the only thing they have leadership in the world.
Economically EU is the leader and China is not far on the 3rd position.
Culturally everyone are sick of blockbusters and capeshit, so mongolian pedo cartoons producers are pretty much the leaders.

It's not for no reason but I agree we shouldn't have such a military presence worldwide. Don't think now is the time to disarm though

I repeat , you re actualy speaking with an belgian leftard . He has been brainwashed by PS or PTB and eat propaganda from belgian tv . I live in this country : every guys here are very stupid , hate Trump , are pro migrants or vote for pro migrants party , are anti racist , are agains t the 1 and 2 amendement of the us etc ....

>discretionary spending
>discretionary spending
>discretionary spending
>discretionary spending
>discretionary spending
>discretionary spending
>discretionary spending

In order to be the #1 military and unopposed in the world you have to spend as much as the entire rest of the world combined. I'm ok with this lol

Our military creates advances in technology that are beyond your wildest imagination.

Ah yes I forgot the reason we have such a bloated military budget is to contain communism. Because you know the threat of the red tide overwhelming Europe is a very real threat in this day and age.

>Don't think now is the time to disarm though
Name one threat to America that requires a navy more powerful than every other navy on earth combined, the third largest active military in terms of personnel, an an air force nearly twice the size of the next largest air force.

Yes I too like the idea of America wasting its money and the lives of its men to propagate the agenda of the Jews.

That was the initial reason, not the current reason. The point of having overwhelming military power is so you don't have to use it.

So you just think everything is jews without using critical thinking to develop an actual understanding? K.

The majority of social services resources go to ungrateful parasitic shitskins, so better to spend our money on anything else

Defending your shorty continent for you

How does anyone justify this?

Except we do use it, fucking constantly. Just in the 21st century the US military has been involved in
>Iraq
>Afghanistan
>Pakistan
>Libya
>Syria
>Yemen
Seriously who would attack the US if we decided to withdraw from our international bases, disband 2/3rds of our navy, and half our army, and told the rest of the world to deal with its own problems? We should still have a powerful enough army to defeat anyone in the Western Hemisphere easily, and our navy would still be the largest on earth, and even if it wasn't an enemy would have to cross thousands of miles of ocean to invade us.

So tell me how the US military benefits the citizenry.

LMAO I clearly can't since you obviously don't understand how having a military so powerful that it is literally unopposed protects our freedom.

Someone has to be around to cook up the remaining waffles when your shit goes to hell.

Don't know why you're arguing with me. I already said we shouldn't be involved worldwide or have to use our military. I don't understand why you would want to take the risk of being overpowered by another country down the road who sees our vulnerability as opportunity.
Unless of course you believe the government should be spending money on other things like healthcare, in which case you should probably change your flag.

Your graph is only the discretionary spending. If you look at the entire budget, most of it goes to free gibs.

Who would threaten our freedom? Do you seriously think that if the US had 3 carriers as opposed to a dozen China would be sending its entire navy across the Pacific and landing in California? Nah the government is a much bigger threat to our freedom, the constant flood of bills that allow spying on private citizens, controlling travel, and limiting ownership of private firearms are proof enough.

Aircraft Carriers are fucking dope.

>3% on education
that explains a lot now

War is how new shit gets built.

All those self-driving cars? That technology started out as a DARPA project. I don't even need to start about things like the internet and rocket technology.

Meanwhile we spent hundreds of billions of dollars on Healthcare and we are living no longer than the Amish are living. And don't say it's a matter of healthy diet, the Amish eat whatever the hell they want and that includes a lot of meat and butter.

The Moon Dwellers.

>I don't understand why you would want to take the risk of being overpowered by another country down the road who sees our vulnerability as opportunity.
Because there is no risk of that. If countries fuck off and leave other countries alone they are almost always left to their own devices and rarely invaded, people generally have difficulty convincing their population to support a war of pure aggression.

However more to the point at the peak of the British Empire they had the two power standard, which meant they needed more battleships than the next two largest navies combined. The US is currently holding to a 7 power standard, having more aircraft carriers than the next seven largest navies combined despite the fact that Britain was separated by just over 20 miles of ocean while the US is separated from any major powers by 3000-5000 miles of ocean. In order to successfully invade the US one would need to defeat the most proportionately powerful navy in human history, launch a naval landing across the longest distance in human history with the largest landing force in human history.

Seriously there is no reason we need 10 aircraft carriers.

>War is how new shit gets built.
Spending is how new shit gets built. If you really cared that fucking much you could just reinvest that money directly into research initiatives and skip the middle man.

You fucking moron. Do you like EU rules on speech and other shit? Tell me how your freedom was actually infringed by the governments data collection.

so about $150/month per US citizen to be protected my health insurance costs more

Did you just say "if countries" followed by "fuck off and leave other countries alone" LMFAO b-b-but if if if yeah ok kid.

And if we turn a new leaf and withdraw that will erase history altogether? No one anywhere will have reason to strike against the US? Lol
Is your argument just we don't "need" it, because that's not really an argument. Is it just a money thing? Because again, look at the charts. Completely dismantling our entire military would only make a small dent on federal expenditures

>Do you like EU rules on speech and other shit?
Most of the EU has been fighting most of the same conflicts of the US, eg. Libya, Afghanistan, Syria
>Tell me how your freedom was actually infringed by the governments data collection.
Constitutional protection from unlawful search and seizure without a court ordered warrant.

History is full of wars of aggression my dude. We should have at least 20-30 aircraft carriers and use them liberally to "mow the lawn" so to speak and make sure no country can ever grow roots deep enough to oppose us.

that's the federal government, I'm gonna assume states/cities etc have their own spending not included in this

Millions of people don't have and can't afford health insurance. Maybe that would help.

>the goal posts are moved again

The fuck is with that science spending? I mean, Europe's just as bad, but does nobody anywhere notice that we have a considerable pile of problems to solve that we can't with current tech?

That's only like half of our federal budget. Yes each state, county, and city has its own budget in addition to this.

>No one anywhere will have reason to strike against the US?
They will have less reason and no ability. Name me which country would be able and willing to invade the US if we dismantled 6 of our carriers and a proportional number of ships from the rest of our navy, scrapped half our air force, and withdrew from all bases across the world.

The fact is that the US military causes more harm than good, it makes enemies, it wastes money, and it wastes lives. Republicans always talk about "muh welfare" but at the same time are unwilling to raise taxes to increase revenue. If you want to fix the deficit crisis you must make an example of government waste in all forms and must be willing to compromise.
>Slash welfare
>End social security
>Slash medicare and medicaid
>Slash the military budget
>If needed raise taxes to increase revenue

Or you know you could blindly bitch about "muh welfare" and then get angry when someone suggests making compromises of your own.

>mfw i wish the military/science/food and agriculture were the only things the fed was in charge of
>mfw everything else should belong to the states
>mfw i don't know enough about this topic to actually make sense--or even say anything of worth---but here i am typing anyways

Where? The issue is that the government is infringing on our rights. One of those rights is the right to not have your property searched without a court ordered warrant.

you wouldn't even exist if not for us, faggot. if you queers weren't such cowards, we wouldn't have to maintain such a large army to inevitably save your weak asses in the future, for the third time.

"name which country"
yeah would totally just be the one, not a collection of say 5 or 6 lmao
are you actually 12 or just a girl?

Ok you clearly haven't been reading anything I've said and keep talking to me like some neocon. Have a good one

FREEDOM AIN'T FREE

I think it should be more have u seen the fuckery that goes down on this planet plus what sorta drama ayyes come at us with.

No we started with why do we need a $600 billion military.

also kinda this: the military budget is certainly not for america alone

yeah I agree get rid of obamacare and open out of state policies, so competition can happen to lower prices. We shouldn't have to pay for lazy commies.

>discretionary spending
This is not the same thing as the federal budget.

Okay name a collection of five or six countries able to launch a naval landing across 3000 miles of ocean (5000 if their main naval bases are in asia), defeat a navy which consists of 4 aircraft carriers, and overcome an army of a combined 1 million personnel and occupy large parts of a country with over 300 million citizens and more guns than people.

It's not the U.S. Military it's the Earth Mercenary Corporation. (and that's a good thing)

That's why you don't fuck with us waffle nigger, because we ball the fuck out on our military.

>IRONED

because our allies are weak spineless faggots that will drop their weapons and run after the first shot is fired. the money they save by having us guard over them, they give away to their useless population in gibs.

And you gave me no reason, I mentioned that it provides no benefit and that the main threat to our freedoms is the state, not some vague foreign invasion that may happen in the distant future.

You form and maintain the world military superpower, capable of overwhelming power projection anywhere or anytime with pocket change

Because your arguments are conventional neocon arguments.
>But other countries may invade us
>But we spend more on welfare than the military

Yeah and if you'd have asked the English imagine the army that would lead to the collapse of their empire they would say no such army exists! No combination of armies exists!

Once you get in the lead you've got to have the will to stay in the lead and not get lazy. Right now we've got the rest of the world mounted and we're blasting them raw in the ass. Why do you want to pull out now?

>it provides no benefit
you dumb boy. everything you have is because of our military strength. without it, any tinpot dictator would take a piece of your weak ass.

>Yeah and if you'd have asked the English imagine the army that would lead to the collapse of their empire they would say no such army exists! No combination of armies exists!
And you would be right, supporting a massive colonial empire combined with frequent wars in continental Europe destroyed the British Empire. The Royal Navy and British Army did their job, Germans and Frenchmen never set foot on the British isles.

In fact supporting their massive navy was one of the largest factors to the eventual collapse of the British Empire as they had to spend immense resources maintaining such a massive navy to keep their rule of outnumbering the next two biggest navies 2 to 1.

Now answer my question, name an actual threat to a nerfed United States. Name a country or coalition of countries that could land a military force on American soil, defeat the military and subjugate the population.

> 4 aircraft carriers
it's 11, cowboy. and that's the reason it wouldn't happen. it's called peace through strength.

veterans vote, kids don't

It's the government's job to maintain the military, it's not their job to provide healthcare. And the reason it's so expensive now is because of government intervention

One doesn't have to exist today my dude. Why are you obsessed with reacting to whatever everyone else is doing when we could be actively fucking them over?

>thinking all war is a land war
>not realizing that having ridiculously superior land war ability keeps countries from also waging other types of warfare
just go back to bed

As percentage of GDP, you dummy. We spend single digits while north Korea spends well over a third

Four carriers is after we hypothetically slashed our own military budget to maintain as many aircraft carriers as the next two largest navies combined. And no, the reason nobody invades us is because to do so means crossing thousands of miles of open ocean with hundreds of thousands of soldiers and thousands of ships. At that point the US could just carpet bomb the area the enemy fleet is traversing with nuclear missiles once their fleet is detected.

For reference D-Day involved a force of 156,000 soldiers (initial landing force) supported by a fleet of 1,200 warships crossing like 26 miles of water. To invade from Britain to the US you would need to send a larger force (unless you are okay waiting weeks for reinforcements) a distance over 100 times greater. The main issue with regards to warfare is logistics, even if the US navy consisted of no carriers and the army consisted of 100,000 soldiers anyone except Canada or Mexico invading would still be nearly impossible

>when we could be actively fucking them over?
Why should we actively fuck them over. Seems like a great way to create enemies while causing us to gain nothing in return.

de-internationalization of the military is about as likely as Trudeau becoming a Nazi. Hell will freeze over before that happens.

We should really kill off all boomers and old people.

Weak allies

FPBP

>How do you justify this amerilards?
I'm glad my life isn't so pathetic that I watch the news cycle of other countries

Never said it is likely but it is a goal that we should strive to achieve, most likely slowly over time by voting for politicians who aren't chicken hawks.