Political Science major

>Political Science major
Am I fucked?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/abuskk/?hl=en
theaustralian.com.au/news/health-science/monkeys-hard-wired-to-fear-snakes-study-finds/news-story/712d07a319dd86802755b4ed123fb692
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You were already fucked

Nigga what are you doing?
Who would even pay you for a degree like that?
What would you even do for work?

Right ones Instagram anyone?

Go to DC and steal from the rest of us

instagram.com/abuskk/?hl=en

Yep, OP better get a minor in data analytics or some shit so he can get Seth Rich'd

Thanks.

>instagram.com/abuskk/?hl=en
thanks mate. she lives right by me. guess i better hit the gym

Yup. Even more useless than IR.
On the plus side your 'education' should allow you to see that things will not only not improve over then next 20 YEARS (they will continually decline), but we will probably get a race war in Europe that has a good chance of spreading to the USA and possibly even Australia.

Not necessarily but you need 2 things to make that degree work.

1). You need a high GPA and will probably need a masters degree. Tons of people take polisci because it’s easy. You need to stand out from the crowd if you want to get hired for anything politics related.

2). You need connections. Join political organizations at the university and be buds with everyone.

I was a politics major and I made it. 180k starting corporate lawyer. :^)

I had to get into a top law school though and take out massive debt. I would have picked a tech major and taken politics classes on the side if I could do it all again.

>You need connections. Join political organizations at the university and be buds with everyone.

this is a sign of being a piece of shit parasitic garbage, and it all starts there

Why even bother? Drop out and save yourself the money if you cant cut it in stem.

This. Masters + Go to Canberra/DC and kiss ass or suck dick. Socialize in various faggoty normie-tier 'safe for work' political organizations.

Basically become a cog in the globalist machine and you are good to go.

>This is option option B.
Realize you fucked up, and go get a real job.

you aren't fucked if you're smart OP because most of the people in your field are retards. you don't exactly have the best competition, so you should be fine IMO. but on the other hand, to get into politics, journalism, and anything else you would potentially do with that degree you really don't need any kind of education these days.
i mean you can literally sit in your basement making youtube videos and become a millionaire as long as they are decent. or start your own website and blog and get hundreds of thousands of views per month.
i guess maybe it might help if you want to run campaigns or lobby, but even those positions it's usually easy to get your foot in the door if you are uneducated because there are so many volunteer spots available.
but yeah i mean it seems like being a political operative would be cool, and it would help you with that.

>2). You need connections. Join political organizations at the university and be buds with everyone.

What xChan said, you're a piece of shit and you're the reason shit goes wrong. Pic related.

fuck man, i wish i could go back to college and take political science, and go become a washington insider. there's nothing wrong with that OP. just depends on what you want to do with your degree IMO. prob lots of open doors for you with that degree once you graduate IMO. it's not like other soft science and humanities and liberal arts degrees IMO.

Why encourage someone to join the 'political class'. Such people are just a disgusting all-consuming, globalist, centrist blob.

We shouldn't add to it.

>*BBRRRRRRRRAAAAAAPPP*

politics is just gang warfare with words and propaganda though. he is right. it may be unfortunate but simply telling the young user how to succeed isn't really what is causing the problem.

My dad got poli sci back in the mode eighties then went straight to officer training school. He retired a colonel after 24 years in the AF and works in an area similar to his previous work (federal job for military logistics). He takes in a shit ton from retirement. Retirement plus his work income is probably 180k annually.
Anyways. Point is, poli sci is shit for getting started (no companies need that shit degree). But if you are a hard worker, it doesn't matter what degree you get (same with the opposite, if you are a shit worker, good degrees will get your foot in the door and you'll be stuck at entry level).

besides being a leech on society and having no respect from anyone of a respectable field, no

but they aren't disgusting simply BECAUSE they are in the political class, more that they are drawn to the political class BECAUSE they are disgusting.

so there's nothing wrong with wanting to go to washington and be a part of the political class and make the world a better place. IMO. we NEED people like that desperately, who want to go to washington and be a part of all of that and have genuine intentions. that's important. i would actually ask why you would DISCOURAGE something like that from a young idealistic user?

and he is a Sup Forumsack, so it would be like literally having one more of /ourguys/ in washington

and yeah OPanon i am thinking and despite my earlier post i do think that having a degree will help you out tremendously

You don't get to set any 'fantastic agenda' you moron. You just get to become some wanky inter-locker between some corporate lobby group and various government branches.
You push paperwork to look busy all whilst basically delivering the Jews instructions to the plebs.
What kind of fucking life is that?

>tfw going back to school for fresh start in economics
>tfw almost fell for the poli-sci jew
I don't know what I'm going to do though. I will probably get involved in local and state politics, but I can always become a tax accountant like my pops, which are always in demand, provided I take some courses on that.

Exactly. The whole thing almost fell apart in 2008.
When SHTF do you want to be in a dingy cubical in some overpriced city paying of an overpriced house?
Fuck that.

Most liberal arts degrees are just glorified daycare for adult babies.

It takes a special kind of stupid to think their life isn't going to be hell after their college years are over, but that's just how young people are.

Also get this book now you're at it. If you're in freshman or just a year in it may not be too late for you.

DUDE you are from australia and probably never even set foot in washington wtf are you talking about?
you seriously unironically think that you show up in washington and just "become" all of these things? why? something in the air? something in the water? why are YOU trying to tell a young Sup Forumsack who is one of /ourguys/ that he shouldn't go to washington and try to make a positive difference in the world? come on man. this is really stupid.

Dude have you been paying attention. The shit going wrong in the world can't be solved by political means anymore.
There are TOO MANY low IQ people making TOO MANY babies. Especially in the 3rd world the ( periphery ) who are migrating into the developed first word ( core ).
There is a racial element too, Europeans make European civilization; not Africans or Chinese.
To fix things we need to stop migration by any means necessary and probably start sterilizing folk too.
Since neither of things will happen the distant future is going to look like favalas and the film elysium.
In the mean time everyone will just be poor for 20 more years, that or some wars will kick off and Europeans tend to have really, really big ones.

I double majored in political science and philosophy.

I am currently unemployed.

If you just want to learn and intend to pursue further education to learn a trade then you're fine. But if you expect an undergrad degree in poli sci to get you anything you're shit out of luck. Even if you go on into grad school in poli sci the best case scenario is that you'll get a $40,000 a year job with benefits as a tenured professor and more likely you'll be struggling to get a contractual job as an adjunct Professor for $20,000 a year and no benefits. Also you'll be a fucking pariah unless you swallow the blue pill and go along with the establishment left intelligencia's bullshit.

Is the debt you incur commensurate to the amount of puss you get to smash?

>things are bad in the world therefore good people who agree with us shouldn't become politicians
nice fucking logic. can't imagine why the right-wing loses so much.

I'm just going to be honest with you, college is a stupid fucking meme and employers are realizing that it's even more worthless than high school

Consider apprenticing at a startup instead.
discoverpraxis.com

do like me and take it to law school, unless you're connected politics is gonna suck.

>become politicians
For fucks sake mate LISTEN. You cannot fix the Wests medium-long term problems with politics.
Everything will be decided and 'fixed' the old fashioned way.
You stay out of the comming shitstorms way.

Yup.

>skim applications
>non-relevent liberal arts degree
>into the trash it goes

NO Exceptions, keeps troublemakers out of the workspace.

Like millennial's aren't fucked enough already.
That degree you payed tens of thousands for is actually a disincentive to hire you...

yes

Unfortunately, they fell for the "Go to college, follow your dreams, do something you enjoy" meme.

There's good millenials out there, but they went straight into jobs from highschool or went into engineering.

Some of us didn't do anything. It's difficult to maneuver when every option is a bad one.

Boomer advice 101:
'Be want you wana be user!'
If they were responsible they would close every humanity department in the west. Japan has already did it I think; at least their old people still give half a shit what happens in the future after they die.

I'm doing online class.

>its ok goyim. don't even try to fix your failing society. everything is good. everything is fine. just let your homeland fall to shit.
better not EVER catch you roaming around my neck of the woods, you hooknosed faggot cunt.

The amount of boomers in liberal arts education though... Closing that rubbish down would put them out of work!

>Political Science
Why would you do that?

Whatever. You are the one in the Jew run society that lost an entire state to Mexico. At least we are selling Sydney to the Chinese for a good price.

Could be worse.
You could be an English major like me.

why wont girls like this pull their panties down for me and let me sniff and lick their buttholes

No. Just don’t turn into a fucking Democrat.

I'm going to college to be a teacher, how fucked am I?

>tfw getting a phd in media studies

Am I fucked?

Dear god...
How on earth did they get you to sign up for that?
What was you plan user? No wait, let me guess; 'teach English'?

(((science)))
Enjoy your job at starcucks.

I wish it was just that. But even useful degrees are worthless. Engineers literally go to a company and start from scratch in terms of learning. If the company really needs someone to do high-level stochastic calculus they'll hire a phd not someone with an engineering undergard

Just make a profitable you-tube channel instead.

It was before my political awakening.
My plan was technical writing or publishing.

Could you suggest any profitable degrees to a clueless user?

I got my degree in Neuroscience, and it was also worthless. Honestly, the future is in Computer Science and IT. Biomedical and electrical engineering will also always be in demand. Those are the only majors worth shit anymore, and medical school is basically suicide with all that debt.

:(
I feel bad for STEM grads that actually did the 'hard subjects' and still walk into a fucked job market.
Pol Sci grads deserve their starbucks fate, but engineers deserve an actual job.

The only reason to do poli sci is to be a lawyer. The other thing you might try is economics, business, or finance. Other than that engineering is always solid. If none of that suits you try chemistry, biology, physics, and if nothing else makes you happy math. If literally none of the above sound appealing just do a business undergrad anyways

What kind of work would a biomed student get?

>socializing in college makes you a parasite
>building a resume through dedication to academic clubs makes you a parasite
>bunch of fucking normies using the extra cirricular activities their tuition pays for

You sound like the real underachievers in the world. Go outside. Fraternize. Don't be jealous of others' success.

yes, you're fucked. Currently transferring to an advertising program

I got lucky, at my school there's a nice program I've applied to that basically guarantees me a job in a sector I'm interested in (not engineering, although my undergrad is engineering). I legitimately believe that companies could save tons of money if they just hired high school students, trained them for a year or two, and paid them less.

Good luck with your office clerk job.

>"Go to college, follow your dreams, do something you enjoy"

unless you have a trust fund, absolutely

like why dude?

>2017
>still falling for le "I'm going to work in the field I studied in meme"

There's tons of majors of Political Science who work as corporate executives and shit. No need to fear.

this is fairly accurate

PolSci is extreme leftism. You are fucked.

There's a PhD for shit like that? We truly reached peak degeneracy.

did both, feel wise beyond my years

because 18 years of classes wernt enough. holy shit if people are this stupid/easy to exploit maybe i cant blame the jews after all....

Laboratory stuff. Producing and developing vaccines, antibiotics, medicine, analyzing stuff, working with genetically engineered microorganisms, protein folding and crystallisation etc.
Pretty interesting stuff, also good pay and pretty chill working environment.
t. biotechnology BSc working on my MSc

I graduated with a poli sci degree. To answer your question, no, you're not fucked. A degree is always valuable because it shows that you're at least somewhat competent and capable of following through with a goal long term.

With that said, make sure you use your time wisely in education and network as much as possible. It's been a couple of years since I graduated and I haven't found a job in a political field. If I could go back I would focus more on building those connections.

Also, work hard. The difference between a 3.3 and a 3.4 GPA is monumental when looking at grad school.

> 22, getting out of army next summer
> Associates in Arabic
> Halfway done with bachelor's in global studies at a legit school
> Probably doing cognitive science as a minor
> Saving GI bill for graduate school
> I don't want to work for the govt after this

Wat do? How fucked am I?

My original intent was getting into linguistics, but idk how it is out there.

>learn how politics actually work
>become a leftist
Hmmmm..... could t_d lite have been wrong this entire time?

Biomedical engineering is different from biotech and has more job opportunities and high projected growth. Biotech is oversaturated and biomedical engineering has better job security.

Really? Where I live PolSci is ultra redpilled, me and all my classmates became reactionary ultra nationalists once we majored.

be careful user. if Trump gets his way and we are filling out tax forms the size of index cards... the blacks may not even need your help. ;)

>Implying thots like these want a guy who posts on Sup Forums and believes he has to work out to get her. All you need is a big bank account and a perceived high social status

>this is a sign of being a piece of shit parasitic garbage, and it all starts there
>Implying you can't be a principled politician
Ron Paul 2020 its habbening wooh

>To fix things we need to stop migration by any means necessary and probably start sterilizing folk too.
The policy of mass migration was started through politics, and it can end through it.

>All those images with snakes

So is she a stripper or a prostitute?
And why are both groups so obsessed with snakes?

Thanks for the tip

>So is she a stripper or a prostitute?
Yes
>And why are both groups so obsessed with snakes?
Because they're monkey-brained
>Monkeys hard-wired to fear snakes, study finds
theaustralian.com.au/news/health-science/monkeys-hard-wired-to-fear-snakes-study-finds/news-story/712d07a319dd86802755b4ed123fb692

Any materials science guys here? How good is it? Is it equivalent with a degree in metallurgy?

Why do you care as an anarchist? Aren't you supposed to not shower, live in some half-abandoned former factory building and fuck some syphilus-ridden ladyfriend?

>Taking pol flags seriously.

>Taking pol flags seriously.
t. Leaf/thirdworlder/german

If you're proud of your ancestry you fly the colours you were born under

Stream that film, if you're so great.

Germany, Bielefeld. A leftist clusterfuck university. You may want to google it if you're feeling anorexic.

well I'm not low on money and I'm already thin and tall, just need some muscles and I'm sure I can pull her.
>social status
youre right, thats where Im cucked. working on that though

>well I'm not low on money
You have to be able to give that thot presents worth 1000s of dollars, and be able to just take her to the Bahamas to stay in a 5 star hotel

Not really. Fucked is being almost 40 with no GED like your humble correspondent

Yes, you are. Especially if you don't do law school or graduate school. Take it from me, that's what I did. The only way to succeed with a Political Science degree is to be extremely involved on campus with clubs. Join clubs, do extracurriculars, volunteer, and so forth and so on. Apply for internships, if you're lucky you'll be a page or an assistant to a random state rep or city council member doing boring and banal shit. That's if your professors give enough of a shit to help you with that.

Many of them don't care. Why? They're leftists riding the gravy train. I had great professors in political science, especially in the more concrete classes like Middle East Politics or something specific like that where you focus on a region or time period. Then it's more just like a contemporary history class. I digress. You're here so you're prob redpilled but I was sucked into easy classes. I took a class on qualitative research rather than quantitative. So fucking dumb and not something I've ever used, but it sounded so damn interesting at the time. Would have been great if I had learned statistics and quantitative research methods.

I got to be super liberal and took a bunch of classes my senior about "muh racism" and "muh oppression", "theories of whiteness" etc. I thought I was so fucking smart. But at the same time I was so ready to be done with school and get a job.

I graduated, moved back to my home city. Got a job doing customer service at a nonprofit, then worked in sales. Never made it past entry level. Now I'm 26 years old and having a quarter life crisis, trying to decide if I should do grad school, law school, or attempt to teach myself web design and computer programming. I'm freaking the fuck out because I realize how much I wasted my time in college, but the whole time my professors praised me and I did well in class, got great grades etc.

If you don't have an extremely solid plan for a Political Science degree you can easily end up like me.

fake it till you make it user. i have a vacation home in Croatia i can take her, and I have a guy who works at neiman marcus who can hook me up with crazy deals with his insider discount.
once i get inside her head and pussy she's mine, it all matters how good you smash her, getting inside the pussy is only first step