Millennials don’t understand how to build credit, study says

Millennial misconception #1: Use a credit card more to build good credit

Millennial misconception #2: Max out and pay off a card to increase your score

Millennial misconception #3: Carry debt for a good credit score

archive.fo/EHs2x

Why are millennials this incompetent?

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2017/10/03/millennials-dont-understand-how-build-credit-study-says/715240001/
telegraph.co.uk/personal-banking/mortgages/sweden-cuts-maximum-mortgage-term-to-105-years-the-average-is-14/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>borrowing money
>ever

So how do you build credit?

>Millennial misconception #3: Carry debt for a good credit score
Is it a murrican thing to be retarded enough to believe this?

By getting a job.

>archive link

You want to read the article.
You want to link it and have other people discuss it.
But you don't want to credit the author or allow them to get paid by the traffic you will direct to it.

You are a piece of shit.

usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2017/10/03/millennials-dont-understand-how-build-credit-study-says/715240001/

fpbp

From what i understand all of those shitty things are true. Nice economy we've got. I have never had a loan nor a credit card and so was turned down to rent a condo near my work because my credit apparently is not good enough. I always thought borrowing money was wrong but i guess it is mandatory.

No

>borrowing money when you have money to pay it off immediately for a small reward.

But not recommended for people with little self control.

I don't even want a credit card, but society is built around forcing you to get one
>need a credit rating to get a loan to buy a house
>can't get a credit rating without a credit card
why the fuck is this allowed?

Run up a debt as high as you can then default.

Stick it to the jews. If everyone in the world did this, jewish power would collapse.

I have one though

Owner finance it

If you loan money from banks, you're basically fueling all the kike shit this board calls out and pretends to struggle against.
You cant call yourself redpilled if you engage in any of their schemes, you're no better than some antifa soy boy, or even more useful to them.

Why do poorfags always post pictures of Soe Penski when talking about millennials? Are you all that jealous? Get this in your nazi heads, you will never live her lifestyle nor be rich as her and able to travel as often as she does. Faggots!

But what if I one day want a house

>need a credit rating to get a loan to buy a house
>can't get a credit rating without a credit card

Neither of these things are true.

Actually that is when our government bails them out with trillions of dollars.

>living off moms spaghetti forever

I've thought about this concept briefly. Doesn't the average dumbfuck carry 10's of thousands of debt? What if you weaponized that to get free money. Rack up a bunch of debt and hide the spoils under your mattress, or something. Would this work?

>If you loan money from banks
You mean borrow money from banks.

Perhaps they've had a bad experience with credit and loans

How much debt does the average person have? Surely not that much

Who /nodebt/ here with a credit card?

How does it work then? Because I've got a friend who just got a credit card because he believed that

Corrupt news organizations should be left to wither on the vine

No, OP is just retarded, as long as you pay your bills on time, you will build your credit. I have one card that I never use except for Netflix, WWE Network, and Photoshop. With that and my car payments, I went from no credit to a score in the mid 700s.

Fuck off jew, I can smell your Plutocracy all the way here, I'll always use my card as a debit card and nothing more

Unironically kill yourself
Banks aren't real economy

Industry is the real economy

Then you can thank your government for selling your clay to rich foreigners resulting in prices so insane that average native man can no longer have a home without becoming slave to kike bankers. If you loan shekels from them, you contribute to this, and your children will be enslaved even more. If you don't, you'll harm them a bit, and you harm them much more if you educate everyone you know on how their schemes left common man homeless.

you'd have to pay premium on mortgage insurance since you can only get FHA loans.

And credit card i the way to build a credit score unless you want to take a loan with some retarded interest rates

Jobs and utility bills do nothing for your credit, dipshit.

It's not true. Honestly, take an hour and learn how the credit system works. It's well worth the thousands of dollars you'll save in interest payments.

Here's what you do if you want to build credit:

1) Ask you parents to add you to their cards as an authorized user. This will put their card history on your credit report. It's the fastest way to establish history. They can just cut up the card that the company sends to them with your name on it. Once you've established credit, they can take you off.
2) Go to a credit union and get a secured loan. You give them 500-1000 dollars, and they give you a loan for the same amount. As you pay off the loan, you get your collateral back. Interest rate on this type of loan is like 4%. You're basically just establishing a good payment history.
3) Get a capital one card after 3 months of paying on your secured loan. They give them out to basically anyone with a pulse. The limit is usually $500 starting out. Pay off your balance in full every month.
4) 6 months after this, apply for another card. Use it, but pay it off in full.
5) After another 6 months, you'll typically have 750 credit score, which is high enough to get prime rates on everything.

I owe more on defaulted credit cards than i do on my home

Quick rundown on how your wicked banking system works please
>tfw mid 20s and owning only a debit card from a bank where I can deposit and withdraw money free of charge

If you want people to trust you with stuff, you have to demonstrate that you know how to handle money, particularly other people's money. If you can't handle this one adult responsibility, it will be hard to get people to trust you.

I don't know why one wouldn't use a credit card. It's safer than cash or debit, you get a record of your purchase, extended warranties and purchase protection are awesome, and you get rewards. All of this is subsidized by people who pay cash and people who carry debt--it costs you nothing. So why this irrational aversion? Are you afraid of (((Jews))) tracking you or something?

>Millennial misconception #1: Use a credit card more to build good credit
>Millennial misconception #3: Carry debt for a good credit score
Ehhhhhh, kinda. You want a small balance to report on some of your trades most of the time. Continual zero balances aren't great.

What the fuck you mong how

Bull shit, they give cards to people with no credit, just with a $500 limit or something. I'm a millennial with a 830 credit score and $100k+ available credits on cards due to my business spending.

Don't open new lines of credit often.
Don't maintain lots of outstanding debt.
Have plenty of available credit.
Always pay your bills on time (duh).

thanks to ((them)) that's how society functions you idiot

enjoy never having a car or property ..

Don't get sucked into the usury trap. That's what (((they))) want.

If you put 20% down, you're not going to have to pay mortgage insurance.

EVERYONE POINT AT THE SHILL AND LAUGH
HAHAHAHAHA

It's been done loads of times. Can also just convert to bitcoin these days

welcome to Sup Forums newfriend

save your breath nobody clicks your bait

>be me
>have credit card
>pay no extra money for transactions
>get insurance from it
A-Am I redpilled?

tl;dr be a good goy to your Jewish masters and borrow shekels at a 20%+ interest rate

Only in cucked countries you need to "build credit score". This is "guilty until proven innocent" mentality.

No one should be forced to take unnecessary credit.

Millenials dont give a shit either. Really blame them? Look at their education system.
Most of them aren't prepared to live an average life coming out of highschool.
They have had to live a slow paced life just to make classrooms more accepting of
someones kid who realy can not keep up.
We are fucked user, and our peers don't realize how bad it is.

No, if you were really redpilled, you've be using the card that gets you 2% cashback on all purchases.

You silly americans and your credit scores.
Either you have a stable income source and some savings as a down payment or you don't.

Btw, Swedes can take house loans with longer payback times than their projected life span. When they die with their 90 year long house loan, the kids either pay it or the bank will buy the house. And with the rise of property values in cities the family will only gain from it.

telegraph.co.uk/personal-banking/mortgages/sweden-cuts-maximum-mortgage-term-to-105-years-the-average-is-14/
>Sweden cuts maximum mortgage term to 105 years (the average is 140)

You honestly only need good credit if you wish to live in a high class suburbs

700 even 650 and you're in a mid to high middle class neighborhood that set you and your family well , next don't use car loans ever , buy year or less used or save up until you can actually buy new in either one to 3 payments.

he is probably right. if you dont have a credit score from credit card usage or loans, you might have either collateral or have somebody to act as a guarantor for loan approval. So in Australia, unless you are rich or have a guarantor you will indeed need a credit card.

>throwing away money on a loan
lol wtf

Literally any bank will give you a secured credit, you don't need any credit history for it, you don't need to throw away money on a loan.

I'm mid 20s, skilled tradesman so I make enough money to live comfortably. Never had a credit card, only used debit cards my whole life. I hate the idea of spending money I don't have. If I want to purchase something expensive I just save up money for some time and then buy it in one payment, like it should be.

This

You don't have to take out unnecessary credit. Credit cards don't require you to carry a balance. Just pay the card off in full to establish your payment history.

Unfortunately, "just trust everyone until they screw you over" doesn't work in a country where 45% of the people aren't white.

probably by not paying his bills...

Let me guess, the people who did that ended up in jail?

Why the fuck would you want a credit rating or anything like that?

Have a full time job and have at least 10% (fuck youre stupid if you dont) deposit on a home loan and you're all gravy

>TFW my father refused to add me onto his card despite the fact I never spend money liberally
>TFW I am routinely denied a card at banks as no credit rating
>TFW my father spends thousands on eBay junk per year
>TFW he chastises me regularly for failing to be able to do the shit he can do with his card
>TFW 28 now

Should I kill myself?

Used the credit cards and loans to pay the mortgage, got offered more credit cards, used that.
Then told the credit companies to fuck themselves.

I was a poor college kid at the time. I didn't have $500 for the bank to hold onto for 6 months. It was better for me to just pay the $10 in interest over 2 years.

Where can I get something like that?
Sounds pretty neat tbqh

>jew lends money, accumulates wealth, gains some influence
>jew pushes a consumption cult
>jew artificially inflates prices of some important things, such as houses
>jew concentrates finances and power through money lending until it so powerful that he shapes entire economic system to make goyim into his debt slaves
>burger goyim here unironically discuss how to be a better slave to this money-lending jew and bring him money to finance more of destructive kike shit, then go to another thread and complain about this kike shit
This is how it works.
If world ever be free of current system, usury must become capital crime for which not only perpetrator but also his offspring will be unconditionally eliminated.

Get a full time job with a debit salary card and stfu

No, just get a secured credit card or loan. You can get your credit up to 750 within 12 months if you work at it.

Alternatively, you can get a mortgage through USDA for house in the suburbs if you can show you've been paying your rent and utilities on time for the last two years.

You can only build credit by using credit. Paying off your credit means you have credit in terms of loanability. You get a reputation for paying back what you owe. You use manageable purchases that you have a specific plan to pay off quickly to build credit.

Can someone explain to me what credit is good for other than getting a mortgage on a house? Also if you have bad credit, how long does it take to fix it? Like say you had small unpaid debts in the past but then you start making a lot of money, would those past debts pose an issue?

The 2% back card is Citi Doublecash. You get 1% back when you spend the money, and another 1% back when you pay the bill. Chase has a card that gives 1.5% back as well, but you get a $150 sign up bonus with it. I heard paypal has a 2% card too, but idk.

This.

The only good credit is no credit.

That's only for non-FHA loans.

Those are bundled and traded by banks so they assume the risk themselves but they can't trade a mortgage if there is no credit score attached to it

so even if you have 20% they will refuse to give you non-FHA loan if you don't have a credit rating.

Idk about the Canadian system, but past debts stay on your credit report for 10 years after the last activity. over here. As time goes on, the debt will weigh less and less on your score.

Credit is really only good for a house for normies. I have to have it because I invest in real estate and banks like to stick their nose in my finances.

yeah I bought guns with a card like that. 0% apr for a year and cash back meant I actually saved a little money on those guns when I paid it off. Feels good.

>jews this jews that
its your own retarded ass that isnt interested in understanding how the economy works. sure jews are motherfuckers, but dont blame them because you're too lazy to understand your own goddamn systems

Thanks for the info man.
Might actually check that out soon.

Yessss Goyim. Take out loans to build better credit with my banks.

Hello my friend

Welcome to el 4channo

I own both a car and property outright, paid cash for them. Feels good not paying interest to schlomo shekelberg.

I knew a real estate investor who got started by juggling those credit cards with teaser rates. He would buy a house with financing and use his credit cards to pay for the renovations. If time started to run out on the teaser rate, he would just open another card and transfer the balance. He's a crazy son of a bitch.

america doesnt have a debtors prison.

>good Credit
I got 2000 bitcoin in exchange for a rare charizard back when MT Gox was a pokemon trade card site

What the fuck do I need credit for?

That's a surefire way to get yourself locked out. Fuck them, but use the system against them as much as you can to do what you want to do. Play to win.

I hate this person's face so much

That's only how it works in Jewmerica.
That thing isunheard of in Europe. Here, they just look up your monthly salary at most to make sure you can pay rent or for a loan.

Welcome to the world of Jews

The bad advice in that article is the exact the advice my parents gave me to build credit. Where the fuck did they get this trash meme advice from??? I now realise they clearly know fuck all about finance, but where did this myth come from?

Damn bro if I had 1 bitcoin I would be happy as hell. Congrats on the good fortune.

What would you need a good go into debt score for?
>inb4 to be a good goy

Honestly this

Acquire resources, disregard usury

Using a credit card and paying your denbts does raise your credit score. Paying denbts in a timely manner, in general. Maybe that's why Millennials can't raise their score. I'm always hearing them complain about late fees.

Thank you, very explicative. So basically the Church was right on condemning usury, it leads to a system when you owe your masters your money and your life. I think we should live in a society that actually helps you by idk giving you an house at 18 old paid by the community and welfare for the weak or just lazy. Right now we live in a society where we get rich at the expense of the unfortunate people. That's cruel if you ask me, I thought that as humans we would live better than fucking animals... Homo homini lupus est

So what happened to them?

It's possible to live without establishing a credit score, but its a pain in the ass. Unless you have the cash laying around for a house, you'll never a credit score. You can easily establish credit without paying a cent in interest. Credit cards only charge you on balances you carry. Pay your bill in full and you'll be fine.

>t. good debt slave who helps mr. Rothschild to maintain influence necessary for starting wars against countries that do not tolerate usury
But at least you know how (((economy))) works.
Usury is a fatal flaw, resulting in accumulation of power where it shoudn't be. If ecenomic system allows it, it must be torn down. Else you'll be selling yourself into slavery to kike for the such basic thing as roof over your head forever, while kike will spend your money to enrich you with diversity and shape you into perfect goy.

So you can take your ride on the circumcizef cock carousel like the rest of us good goyim

>Bails out the companies
>Ruins our economy
>And we still have to pay
That faggot doesn't deserve a (You), but it sounds like he just joined leddit and watched Fight Club for the first time.

Go to creditkarma.com

>Muh human race
We have differences. Learn to accept it or continue living in your utopia fever dream.

>for a small reward.
yes, you are totally going to use those flight miles that will put you into the shittiest plane imaginable with 6 stops in between and only redeemable during times where no one wants to go on vacation
you won't outkike credit card institutions.

>giving you an house at 18 old paid by the community and welfare for the weak or just lazy
REV UP THOSE CHOPPERS, WE'VE GOT A LIVE ONE

banks posting on Sup Forums? cyberpunk is real