Help an user out

No interest in having children.

If procreation is an all consuming biological imperative of all creatures, why do some people have no desire to breed?

Healthy, 33 year old white. Test levels natural and in mid 700s for last 3 years. No thyroid issues/hormone panels come back everything good or optimal. Good stats, good job, no problem meeting women/dating, healthy sex drive, monogamous relationships. No sense of depression, good overall sense of life fulfillment and variety of interests.

I just don't give a shit about producing progeny or my genetic legacy.

What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I9uB_3ZfiCc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Live your life as you see fit.

Not all creatures spawned by the primordial chaos of evolution have the necessary programming to survive.

Resign yourself to what you are: a dead end of your bloodline.

There is nothing more fulfilling then having big Sunday lunch with whole family.

You will miss it when you grow old.

>why do some people have no desire to breed?
They are defective.

>a dead end of your bloodline

Which I feel fine about, particularly in that my bio brother has children which my situation has enabled me to develop an honest confidant/mentor relationship. My question was WHY does it not bother me. I appreciate your input.

>You will miss it when you grow old

Perhaps. I appreciate the thought. I still don't understand the why of my situation however.

...and popsci summary for dumb faggots like you burger.

HELL
E
L
L

Look to be interesting reads. This will take some time. Thanks.

Is the gist that as we have reached a large density of populace and our hierarchy of needs is too easily acquired (I did not find it difficult to find my way to a stable career and lifestyle.)... abundance even .... it fucks our brain so much that we short out? I am reading the study now.

Fear. The parent generation from 1950-1980 was fed liberalism and hyper-individualism. As a result, the anti-authority "movement" went into overdrive leading to "low investment parenting". The child is mostly left to itself while the parents think society/public education will take care of everything. The result is insecurity, fragility, low self-esteem and anxiety. Thanks to hyper-individualism everyone is now on their own and told to become their own god and work on your own happiness. However, this is no longer possible due to crippling anxiety to jump over your own shadow, not doing the things needed to be done, never going out of your comfort zone.

What the modern male needs to do is find back to his roots and tradition, learn, read, lift, understand the world and as a result, self-esteem, dedication and desire to really live, not just exist, will be awakened within you. First you have to hate, then you will become angry, really angry, with yourself. Focus that anger towards self-betterment and prosperity so that one you, you might become a guiding light for others to be lifted out of darkness. Once you have done all this, you will realize one fundamental truth: progress makes happy (dopamine cycle yadda yadda), no matter where you find it. That's why collecting stamps makes you happy, that's why MMORPG's are so addicting. Creating your own family, seeing your children growing up and prosper themselves thanks to your superior guidance and perseverance will fill you with joy, happiness and pride you will never experience otherwise.

Be the coming man, reach for the Übermensch and by doing so, you will spark the fire of envy and admiration in your surroundings, making other follow the same path towards enlightenment.

Why do some people become psychotic, some clinically depressed and some commit suicide?
You could blame your environment for your infertility. As the pole has posted, at certain population densities behavioural sink kicks in and mice start behaving in ways that will destroy their "society". While humans arent mice, some human strains do seem to react to pupulation density, at least in fertility rate the same way. Perhaps living in a densely populatied area has triggered that reaction in you that has sterilised you.

Other possible explanation is that you were thaught to associate child-rearing with discomfort and pain, and so as any rational being, you would do everything in your life to avoid suffering.

Another explanation is that you were simply born defective. Same way a sociopath, no matter how rational he can be on what is "right or wrong", cant simply have an emotional reaction to something that would sent a regular human to complete discust or revulsion reflex. Show a sociopath a picture of a living baby being eaten by a dingo, and even the visceral tick that would kick in normal people from simply imagining it does not register in their brains.

You could be biologically incapable of having a positive reaction about fatherhood being built into you. Tho that is doubtful since your brother, and naturally your father had that instinct, you might be born defective or wrongly wired.

Marrying a woman and raising kids is not to make you comfortable or happy. Having people for whom you are fully responsible is required, so you stay human and avoid self centered degeneracy. Building a family prepares you to take responsibility for broader family, local community, nation. If you're determined enough and understand what true responsibility really means.

Hardship, discomfort, pain, uncertainty, fear, suffering -- all of them need to be embraced. Deprived of them we die before we even die.

They are broken people.

You must be really fucking new or burger education meme is actually true if you dont know about behavioural sink.

+1 for this, op if you arent going to have kids, you still need a family for which you care for and instill yourself into
network hard and build communities to round yourself out

>Be the coming man, reach for the Übermensch

I quite enjoy the image of going out to slay the dragon progression.

Aside that, is it possible to achieve the best self by forgoing ones own procreation in order to focus on the tribe? Not asking for affirmation of my decisions/situation or perhaps subconscious predisposition. Rather wondering if it can still be a noble pursuit/a life worth living in the eyes of the big picture. I suppose that's subjective and for me to figure out.

Obviously good people must be born to have said worthy impact upon, thus people of good potential must have children. Hmmmm.

>blame your environment
>biologically incapable of having a positive reaction about fatherhood

Perhaps some of both although I think I agree with you that it is more likely something inherently defective than environmental influences. Or maybe heavily weighted to inborn defect, only to be exacerbated or stimulated by (cultivated?) environment.

In general for all. This rat study is legitimately fascinating and quite terrifying. If you are in here I suggest capping the images posted by our Sup Forumslack friend and giving them an honest read. (Still going through myself)

Nature didn't need to program you with an abstract desire to "breed" you Muppet. Sounds like you want to fuck just like normal. If you happen to get a girl pregnant you'll probably form a fatherly bond with the child, also as nature intended. Don't overthink this stuff.

Dopamine is overrated. Discipline and self-control is all you need.

You're obviously selfish n not healthy if you don't want to do the basics n breed ya dumb fuck

>Aside that, is it possible to achieve the best self by forgoing ones own procreation in order to focus on the tribe? Not asking for affirmation of my decisions/situation or perhaps subconscious predisposition. Rather wondering if it can still be a noble pursuit/a life worth living in the eyes of the big picture. I suppose that's subjective and for me to figure out.

In all honesty, no. Men who are capable of generating such a change that it outweighs their most basic duty for having a family and raising one are rare. And since you are already 33 years old, and the only thing you have to show for it is wagecucking your whole life, you have not even contributed in any significant way for the betterment of your society. For an average man like yourself, even if you would spend your whole life being a workaholic, you would not even reach a fraction of benefit to the society of a man who raises a new generation.

You are not special, and you thinking you can "compensate" it by just being really nice to some people is just kidding yourself. When you are a hedonist, embrace it at least, dont pretend you have any significant value to add to the future of your country.

Discipline and self-control will ultimately lead to happiness, thus dopamine. Of course, dopamine itself is not the goal, if that were the case, you could simply do drugs. Still, dopamine is there, and always will there. New habits you like will be enforced by dopamine.

Your successes, achieved by discipline, fuel your ambition. Your successes give you extra energy to have more successes. Achievement is maintained by those who try, and keep trying.

>behavioural sink

Specifically no, I was never exposed to behavioral sink or the experiment itself. Studying and understand the hierarchy of needs is something I came across. Even with burger schooling.

In our defense, my experience in college was not anything like the bullshit I see today. I had honest teachers who were not pitching Alinsky inspired nonsense. They encouraged critical thinking and gave forum to all points of view, encouraging debate. I believe the cancer was within the system when I attended, but had not yet metastasized to all fields of study.

>fucking new
Actually quite old but intermittent and sparse in my browsing.

>network hard and build communities to round yourself out

Hmmm. Understood, perhaps a good conciliatory goal. Not perfect but still a pursuit of a life worth living. I'll take that to heart.

> Your successes, achieved by discipline, fuel your ambition. Your successes give you extra energy to have more successes.

Common misconception. Path to achievement leads not through series of successes (boosting dopamine). It requires discipline, dedication and perseverance to go through hell and keep going, even if you feel stuck, exhausted and defeated.

When do we finally accept the fact that hardship is essential for being and staying human? Avoid seeking for pleasure, it is distraction.

>Aside that, is it possible to achieve the best self by forgoing ones own procreation in order to focus on the tribe?

Problem with human psyche is that you can become happy with nearly everything. You could become happy and you "best" self simply by ignorance.

Here is a hard truth every human will have to face when he is older: You will never be the best you could have been. The knowledge you have at old age would have led to you making better decisions when young. Every old person when asked: If you could live your life over again, would you do everything the same? Barely anyone would answer "yes" to that. Nearly no human on the planet makes the best decision every time, hence, nobody becomes the best possible version of himself. This automatically means that most unused potential is actually in the graveyard, buried six feet under.

What you can and must do however, is trying to be the best you can be. Striving for excellence and quality will lead to the betterment of you, your surrounding and your tribe/nation. You can try doing that without having offspring yourself but answer this question for yourself in an honest way: Are you individually able to surpass any good deeds you might bring to this world by having 2-4 children, them having again 2-4 children each and so on... The decision to procreate leads to a long chain of well-being-possibilities for your tribe because the big number of offspring after at least 1 generation will ultimately surpass that deeds you could have done alone.

One way you could do this while not having children of your own is literally to become a beacon for other children/people to look up to, guide them, give them information. If you are able to convince 100 people to create a better future for your tribe, then you will have surpassed the person who has children himself. Yet, you can of course just do both. Spreading information to your offspring or your surroundings is imperative in our time.

Because evolution is a lie

>When do we finally accept the fact

That fact is known to anyone remotely well read in human psychology... or the right ideology. The thing is, there exists not only "negative" hardship. You see, going through hell and keep going etc is a state of being which comes out of force, i.e. it is a situation you HAVE to deal with because you are stick in it. There exists however the other side of the coin, which is self imposed struggle.

Knowing that you need to struggle in order to achieve success, you start to chose your own battle and not let life chose them for your. You will have to struggle either way, but by being able to chose, you can put a little bit of extra fun in there, guide your struggles onto a more meaningful path towards greatness.

If struggling is all you do, then you just get pushed around by life, you are a victim and a slave. If you struggle in the battles you have chosen yourself, then you are working towards personal achievement needed to make your goals and dreams reality. If you are not able to chose, then you just struggle to make someone else's dream come true... or no ones dream.

forgot pic

Sure. Educate yourself.

If hardship was pleasure, it would not be a hardship.

We should desire success, aim to achieve it and plan to avoid unnecessary pain.

But to achieve anything of true value you have to accept the suffering (in one or many forms) and it requires discipline to keep pushing through.

It's easy to get deceived seeking motivation or satisfaction.

having no kids probably reduces negative karma by a massive amount.

What about having no brain?

Some people don't want to have children. You must really analyze yourself and see what is the real cause.

You might simply not want kids

Or you might have some ulterior motives like:

- not raising children in this shitty world
- not being able to afford raising them
- being afraid the society will ruin them
- not trusting women
.... and others like that

I'm gonna tell you this:

> ALL EXCUSES ARE BULLSHIT AND YOU CAN WORK THROUGH THEM

Think of it this way.. if you are a good man you SHOULD have kids and make this world a better place.

Nobody is stopping you to take care of them and make sure they can become even better than you are.

Now go and think things over.

Probably too beta. It's ok, it's natures way.

be my patreon and sponser my fatherhood kek
youtube.com/watch?v=I9uB_3ZfiCc

>BroQuest
Fug.

Because birth control and nursing homes weren't invented until the 20th century.