Are southerners more patriotic?

I have a legitimate question for americans

From my crude understanding of your history, the south was more or less "forced" into a union with the north
Fast forward to today, the general perception (at least for me) is that southern people are a lot more patriotic than the north and i find this to be a paradox

is it a meme that southerners are more patriotic, or is there some weird explanation for this?

regardless of being rednecks or not, my question still stands

Most of the USA is patriotic. Outside of cities. Whites are most are patriotic *because its our country* every other race has a small percentage but overall country and suburban whites are patriotic regardless of state.
>Floridian

so it's a meme?

kinda I would agree southerners are more patriotic but then again I wouldn't say Yankees aren't. So meme is half right.

that's a bit odd since the south was "forced" into the union

>celebrating treasonous cowards
No.

The South, the Midwest, and the Mountain West are real America. White and many times more patriotic. The coasts are not, and neither is Illinois, Hawaii, or Colorado.

Trust me there is plenty of "The south will rise again" and full on Dixie folks. To southerners the overall opinion is that south is more American than the rest of the country. Nobody gives a shit about anywhere out side of the south. State pride runs deep and with generations of living with non whites southerners are more racially aware than average Yankee.

keked

Least American states in the Union.

>proud of killing your countrymen.
whew

I've lived in Alabama all of my 25 years so I can't say for sure but people here are patriotic as fuck. American flags hanging on nearly every home

As opposed to New York or Mexifornia? Give me a fucking break, retard.

>Posts thread asking about Patriotism.
Not one Confederate Flag.
>Here I am!

The tradition of military service is stronger in the South. The sense of chivalry and traditional sex roles are also stronger in the south. There are many more JEWS (who are generally quite liberal) in the North than in the South.

People in the North, particularly in the Northeast, consider themselves as elite. They carry the idea, "military service and blind nationalism are for LOWER people".

Many Southerners consider people from the Northeast as cold and snobby, and I agree.

I'm from the south and I never once considered it a paradox. We are got fucking beat in the civil war, so we fly the US flag. We pride ourselves on what we accomplished with how little we had. We don't sulk over the loss because we're not niggers who beg for reparations. We got pride in the US flag because it's who we are a part of now. That doesn't mean we can't have pride in what our ancestors did for us too however.

If you came by, you'd see that confederate flags are flying everywhere on a daily basis.

where are you from?

you two make a lot of sense

From an outside perspective it's rather odd, but then again both areas were mainly english speaking so I guess "european rules" don't apply

>"We got pride in the US flag because it's who we are a part of now."
very good quote
have a burger

>implying Confederates were Americans

That is how they all respond. Countless generations of incest and lead piping has kept you in the dark.

New England and east coast city people are cancer.

New Hampshire, the real free state that never fought to kill Americans and dismantle America.

I think even the jews in Hollywood helped in doing this..
For some reason whenever I think about a patriotic accent, something southern comes to mind - never a NY accent, lol or god forbid a Boston accent

Ask your self this, user...Would you feel any different if what you had was taken from you by Aristocracy you knew, or by those you didn't know?

stop being devided you little shits, go fight antifa not eachother
you're all cancer this way

Lived in the South, New England and the Midwest. New Englanders (real ones, not the transplants) are the most patriotic. The difference is it's considered tacky to talk about it. Instead, they show it. There are entire towns where everyone has a flag. The south would be a close second. The Midwest is the worst. All those people care about is buying dumb crap. Those people would die for their car before their country.

North forced the secession. The fact that your proud of killing your brothers and cousins is disgusting

When I think of America I think of gun owning, beer drinking southerners, not some Irish faggot from Boston or beaner in San Francisco.

The South is the real America. The Yankees are catholic statists.

To a degree, yes.
For example I'm ok with the Ceaucescu times because at least the government did patriotic stuff with the stuff they took (he had a very particular kind of gommunism)

on the other hand, countries such as belarus remained russia's little bitch whilst holding on to a sense of fake nationalism. essentially russia here being the metaphorical unseen hand

Your not American so fuck off.

Why would we fight a right wing false flag?

Nazi and Confederate infiltration has reached an all time high. Corrupting our republic, turning us into a puppet state for hostile foreign nations.

They weren't our countrymen when they left the union.

Yeah. What's even stranger is that Northerners hated us then and hate us now, and they still went through all that to keep us in the Union and we better not leave again or else they'll send Sherman 2.0.

>When I think of America I think of gun owning, beer drinking southerners, not some Irish faggot from Boston or beaner in San Francisco.
>The South is the real America. The Yankees are catholic statists.
precisely
America Fuck Yeah, with eagles screeching and guns and burgers, and texan hats
that's america

Its true The simple truth is that republicans tend to be more patriotic and per capita more military tend to come out of the south than anywhere else.

South has the Bible Belt. Biggest protestant denomination in the country.

They shamed themselves through the cowardice of their treason.

From a Louisianians perspective, we are patriotic to our ability to be self sustaining despite surviving Reconstruction-Era oppression, and the pre-concieved notions brought forth by the yankees.

There's a form of equity somehow since there were many southern presidents (or maybe my understanding of your legal system is too poor)
i mean, as long as you all are actually treated equal unlike whatever frankenstein the EU will become, that's great for all areas

i read this in the most Louisiana swamp accent my brain could muster, kek
What per-conceived notions do you speak of precisely? (genuine question)

They were before they were forced to leave. Point remains that brother fought brother and more WASP's were killed fighting each other than a real enemy. The war was a waste of life

Did we HAVE to be YOUR countrymen?
How about ignoring the fact that we were DRAGGED into a rich mans' war to begin with?

It's because we didn't trust you with the border. Your elite had already proven themselves to be suicidal globalists with the whole imported labor thing.

Imagine how different things would be if your elite never existed.

Keep out of this you fucking gypsy.

Cowardice lol. North needed to bulk up their army with Irish to fight the South. Confederates were great soldiers and fought bravely as did the Yanks. I just wish it didn't have to come to fighting. It was a waste of life.

>DRAGGED into a rich mans' war to begin with?
Pinko detected.

gypsy or not, you're being silly - you're stuck together for the time being
at least you speak the same language
imagine EU 2.0

>North needed to bulk up their army with Irish to fight the South.
Stawp poasting.

Some of the tropes still in use today are that our literacy rates are low, (No).
Our inability to take care of ourselves, (False).
Look up on Wikipedia, Cajun, Le Grand Derangement and Trail of Tears.

>Look up on Wikipedia, Cajun, Le Grand Derangement and Trail of Tears.
will do :) thank you!

It's funny how one of the trends is towards "Anarcho-Capitalism" the old confederacy knew alot about that!

Southerners are now, and always have been, prideful, loyal people. Loyal to their home state, their country, their college football team and their favorite brand of vehicle. It's just how we are.

South Carolinian, 7th generation here

Its the truth.

>The Land of the Free killed hundreds of thousands of its own people to stop farmers freely leaving the union

I'm an Americophile but the civil war angers me just thinking about it. The US was pretty much a more hardcore version of the EU.

Yankees forgot what the revolution was actually about - the Anglo man ruling himself.

Some Yanks are proud of killing their own brothers and cousins. SAD

A Brit proves my point! Ha! Thanks.

It's a known fact that Yankees are only capable of pettiness and contempt.

The word is proud ya fucking immigrant.

Not a meme
>North Carolina here. Loong family history tied to this state, I love it with all my heart. My ancestor is Zebulon Vance, I encourage you to look him up. Dad is a spitting image.
Anyway. Yes the southern states have more national pride, we fought to preserve our own whilst the North invaded. Nevertheless, once we swore an oath to the Union in the aftermath, we stand to defend it like our own homestead.
Any other southerners agree?

Southerners are the best.

Floridian 5th Generation

Louisianan here. Get some redpills for this user. He needs 'em.

If by "patriotic" you mean they still fly the flag representing rebellion and treason

Meanwhile, the south bostered their ranks with slaves.

>drafting immigrants
>enlisting chattel slaves... and Irish immigrants

How does it feel to be a complete shit for brains?

Stawp poasting.

Georgia here. Can't wait until the states balkanize for good. It will be an improvement. We aren't the same people and we never will be.

How do you mean? I'm a proud Confederate at heart.

That’s fucking right. What much of the costal US wants to make this cuntry is modern Europe 2.0

Misspoke. I was referring to OP. Know some of your History? Teach.

The Confederates constantly fled the battlefield to rape and pillage the surrounding lands. Facts that have been covered up by years of Confederate infiltration into government bodies and school text books.

Prideful is more accurate, junior. Not simply proud, but overflowing with it. Even when Yankee shitheels like you come South for your 1 week vacation per year, we go out of our way to show you our southern hospitality. That way you will keep coming, and keep giving us your money, Justin.

Prideful. Remember that.

>Be yanks
>Promise foreign Catholics citizenship and voting rights if they enlist

>Be Johnny Reb
>Use slaves as cannon fodder
>Refuse to give negros voting rights

These are totally the same thing. Yanks wanted Catholics and Negros to vote to give them power.

>government bodies and school text books.
The winner writes the history. How many times has the loser? Think.

Lol Bullshit Yanks raped and burned cities to the ground you know that. In fact you brag about it stop trying to turn the tables.

No one ever moves North to retire. Or for the food. Or for the pleasantness.

We were Welsh immigrants a long while back, settled in the Appalachians around what is now Weaversville. Had a farm with some slaves, only about 15 in all told over time.
>Zeb gets college educated and becomes a backwoods lawyer and Governor before the war breaks out. He becomes a Colonel and fights in a couple battles. Later becomes NC state Senator for 30+ years.
There's a statue dedicated to him in Asheville, NC near his birthplace just north up the road.

Amen.

Well said.

Southerners on Sup Forums are 14 year olds who want a new Confederacy

In real life actual Southerners are more invested in the idea of AMERICA, yes

They're one of the few regions in this country that is still primarily descended from those who settled this country, so obviously they're more patriotic.

>redpills

Like the fact that the CSA was bankrolled by the Rothschilds? Fuck off faggot.

Cajun and Native American. From trapping fur to house builders to waitress and auto repair. Blue collar all the way.

thank you all for your answers, i'll read the rest of the thread in the morning. it's 3:28 AM here
cheers!

CARPETBAGGERS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Seriously hate Yanks coming here. They hate the south but will move here lol.

The south is patriotic for a fictional version of the country that doesn't exist.

They hate the real America with a burning passion.

Bring in the (((Jews))) We knew then what the North stays ignorant on. Bankrolled foreign agents profiteering. Lafitte was a pirate. Never dealt in Slavery now did he?

Where are you from? I literally hear "The south will rise again" at least once a day. I see rebel flags everywhere. We love America .... Just the southern part of it ;)

they are waving the confederate battle flag you dumb fuck. treason much?

O! Thou educated, urbane city-dweller, please share with us your knowledge of what weuns think!

Shitstain

Hell yeah, by all accounts we've got some Pawnee blood intermix but you can never tell from family legend.

Yanks will always be niggerlovers catholic boot lickers and jewish puppets. You fear the southern rebel

Well fuck yeah duh

Fictions and propaganda produced by the Confederate deep state regime.

I live in the south and have never even met a jew.

I have three tribes i could be a part of, too much ancestry to look into. Lol.

Sherman's men were infamous for burning down towns and raping.

And Sherman fought for the North. important point.

Yes they are.

Redneck user here, let me help you out.

The heart of the North/South cultural split leading up to the Civil War comes from economics.

The South was an agricultural society. It's a rough parallel and certainly doesn't completely hold up, but if you think of an 18th-19th century equivalent of a feudal society -- very aristocratic, centered on the large farm (castle in medieval times, plantation in the antebellum south), even the relatively higher importance on good manners and familial social standing -- you get a rough idea of what's going on.

Of course, the North was much more industrialized, and an industrial economy creates an entirely different set of social selectors. It's a very different process to work your way up the company ladder in a factory, compared to working your way into the inner circle of a rich plantation owner. People living in industrial societies who don't own land can still leverage their human capital to work their way into leadership positions within an industry. People living in agrarian societies who don't own land could theoretically "work their way up through the farm," but when you're also living in a virtual caste system where the farm workers are all slaves, and the best endgame for those workers is "you're not enslaved anymore," those opportunities don't actually exist.

This is also why the South fought so bitterly over the slavery question. Not only was a hardline emancipation of all slaves tantamount to economic suicide for the South if accepted, it would also be a complete upheaval of the rigid social classes.

So what changed, you ask?
1/3

The only thing Sherman did wrong was give you the chance to surrender.

>From my crude understanding of your history, Germany was more or less "forced" to embrace liberal democracy by America forward to today, the general perception (at least for me) is that German people are a lot more liberal than Americans and i find this to be a paradox

There's no paradox.
Patriotism was "strongly encouraged" by the occupying government, so it should be no surprise that patriotism took deeper root there than the rest of the country where it was actively rooted out by (((foreign influence))).