When will the autistic Burgers join the rest of the world in using a common sense system of measurement?

When will the autistic Burgers join the rest of the world in using a common sense system of measurement?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-foot_equivalent_unit
time.com/4552660/canada-immigration-target/
youtube.com/watch?v=Xw9lTB0hTNU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'd prefer it. We use it in science and medicine here. It would be extremely expensive to switch measurement systems, however. Imagine the cost just to switch every single road sign to kilometers (and that's just one example of many things we would need to change).

never
It's simply too unamerican

When will Canada do the world a favor and commit mass suicide?

what are you trying to slide?

Pinko commie faggot.

>Too American

Nice Burger education there. It is a British system.

Frankly, you should do it anyway.

I'm sorry, did your "metric system" put men on the moon? No? Ok then, pinko.

The Russians were first.

Then why aren't they using it?
Checkmate Ching Chong

Because Metric is better.

Thank you for taking the time in between your mandatory gay pride parades to critique our education system. Please understand that nobody in this country gives a kilofuck about your opinion. Kindly rake yourself.

Metric and imperial both have their ups and downs.

If metric units are so great, why is all container shipping based on Imperial?

Think about it over a pint...er... 20,000 cc beverage.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-foot_equivalent_unit

We do it to piss off Euro fags like yourself
we'll stop complaining about being attacked until these shill thread's stop

Right after the Day of the Rake, when the Empire compels the subjects to adopt Imperial measurements

Wow I’m constantly converting between feet and miles. Like wow. I’m speechless. Hey on another note, can you help me cut this 1 meter board into 3 even pieces? Later on, I need to pack 10 bottles into a case. There’s an easy way to so that, right? Hey, did you hear about the new 200 bit metric processor that Intel is coming out with? It should work great with the 250 bit OS that Microsoft is launching. Wow, the metric system is so awesome like just wow.

Let's see, almost every country that has the metric system is a shithole or infested with sand niggers.

Every country that does not use the metric system is actively resisting the infestation.

Sounds like the metric system is for cucks and nigger lovers.

We use pounds and feet here too, no one describes their weight in kilos or height in metres.

>Canadians can't do fractions unless they are divisible by 10
lol you can't make this stuff up

Nice Proxy, Burger.

We actually use both systems all the time dumbass

you guys speak 2 languages and are proud of it

we use two systems and you think we are ignorant

>canada

enjoy your 300000 muslims a year for the next 3 years

The fact that we do not use the metric system is pretty fuckin stupid.
This is a valid complaint against us.
It's the only one though.

Fucking Canadian poster, we should have annexed you during WW2.

Most of our immigrants come from white, European countries. Nice Burger education XD.

The metric system is universal and the egyptians even used it to calculate the speed of light.

Our system is that of the two greatest empires to ever exist. Metric was invented by the french.

Russia uses the imperial system

most were dumbass, as in the past. i don't know if you missed something but, you are now going to be bringing in 300,000 muslims a year, and how many immigrants did you get last year...

enjoy your diversity, america is laughing at you

>Believes the moon landing is real

#burgereducation

source?

Isn't it odd that the simple system we created for all of the mongoloid caretakers of our vacation spots are somehow thinking that it can be thrown back at us?

Try measuring twelves, thirds, and sixteenths with your precious metric system. These are useful ratios in engineering a modern empire. You wouldn't understand

time.com/4552660/canada-immigration-target/

LOL

3/10 made me reply

We already have, you're just stupid.

It did

NASA uses metric

>Thinks NASA uses Imperial

Metric is the the invention of the French Revolution and therefore a tool of the satanic Illuminati.

Not back then. NASA Only switched in 2007.

Metric makes sense when you are measuring drugs or flinging yourself into outerspace. Not for building empires

We use both you dumbfuck leaf.

I prefer it this way. It pisses off retards across the world who can't into unit conversion. Granted, with smartphones it's gotten easier, but it's stiff funny to watch people have to google shit to convert.

>not remembering the common conversion factors

>muh burger education XD

NASA didn't try to move to metric until the 80s/90s. So, he's not wrong. NASA put people on the moon using Imperial (And slide rulers). Namely because they were smart and didn't need even numbers to do it...

Regardless, I heard a while back about a theory that Imperial measurements actually sync up with a lot of universal phenomenon in weird ways; implying there was a sort of universal quality to it. I wish I could find the source again.

No where in that article does it say that Canada is taking in 300,000 Muslims. Again, I will ask you for a source on your claim

Are you going to go buy the exact amount of propane required to boil a specific quantity of water?

We use both systems here btw brainlet.

Funniest shit I have ever heard.

I will fight for the imperial system with every last milliliter of blood in my body.

Wouldn't the world be great if you walked into a bar and everyone was singing "I WOULD WALK 500 KILOMETERS".

NASA didn't go to metric back in 1964 because it didn't exist yet, as soon as we invented it they saw how much easier it was and jumped on it.

Why are Americans so dumb?

This doesn't negate the original point that was made, which you failed, and continue to fail, to refute. Stop being such an assblasted faggot.

There was an effort in the 70's or 80's to switch over to metric, but the public wasn't very interested in it and as another user pointed out it would be prohibitively expensive even if done incrementally. Not to mention the clusterfuck in manufacturing that would happen during the transition.
Metric is good for science and computing though, but the average person doesn't really have any reason to use it.

You lost a war to roos m8

>Leafs can't make me---

The metric system is used exclusively by homosexuals to measure the volume of cum in their anus.

What bothers me the most are the dates why the fuck would the month come first than the day?

because it would cost trillions.

>AB1EUG0d
>a bleu god
>god of worst cheese

Quebecian shitpost.

Because you say "November first"

Not "one November"

what are you fucking autistic?

Roads being measured in Imperial rather than metric keeps out tons of unwanted tourists.

>Metric system is best for everything
>Muh base-10 system

The imperial system is superior desu. We learn both in engineering, and I kind of intuitively understand how long a foot is, but I still have no idea how long a meter is.

The only metric measurement I like is temperature, since where I live the temperature range is -40 Celsius to 40 Celsius.

You say 1st of November, not One November.

Found the fucking aspie guys.

Plus i would much rather drive 60 miles than 100 kilometers

>Are you going to go buy the exact amount of propane required to boil a specific quantity of water?
The point is ease of conversion and calculation.

>We use both systems here btw brainlet.
Why not just use one? You likely do not measure your electrical appliances in foot pounds per second but in watts.

>Metric is good for science and computing though, but the average person doesn't really have any reason to use it.
Metric is good for the average person too.

>first of november
November first
Why the useless extra syllable?

You're missing a few in between.
>3 feet to the yard
>22 yards to the chain
>10 chains to the furlong
>8 furlongs to the mile

Nice. That's actually a good read.

There are two types of countries: those that use the metric system and those that put men on the moon.

It's weird, but makes a fraction of sense if you think about it. A month would be the smallest number in that group of 3 numbers. It could only go up to 12, the second number could go up to 31, then the third number is 2xxx. So it's a succession of numbers that follow a loose pattern.
It's weird, but that's the only credibility it has.

Cuckanada didn't use the internet back in 1964 because it didn't exist yet, as soon as the United States invented it they saw how much easier it was and jumped on it....

Enjoy Cuckteau unloading the Muzzie Jihadi Rapefugree Invaders raping your women and tossing tranny faggots off buildings you gay shitskin

That's not how you use the Michael Hardy hat. Dumbo.

The average person doesn't use chains and furlongs though. Still, I prefer USCS to metric.

True, it could be good for the populace if they'd been trained in it's use from childhood. A lot of people seem to lose mental fluidity or at least the desire to try to learn new things when they reach adulthood.

It's simpler than that: it's because in English, if you're in conversation you say the date in order of month-date-year while in French (and probably Portuguese as well) you say it like date-month-year

All you have to do is bolt dofferent numbers on the sign. The whole sign dosen't need to be thrown out. Replacing mile markers will indeed be a hassle though.

1000 has only 16 factors, 10000 has 25, 100000 has 36... going the other way 100 has 9 and 10 has 4 (and like in all of these, that includes 1 and itself, which is useless)

Meanwhile 12 has 6 factors, 1760 has 24, 5280 has 48...

tl;dr: Imperial is vastly superior for mental arithmetic beyond simple addition. Metric is only the better system if you're counting on your fingers.

Our units are superior. Nothing can beat a pound of weight being defined as one slug*foot/second^2

When will you idiots join us on the moon. Fuck out leaf

>Let's see, almost every country that has the metric system is a shithole or infested with sand niggers.

3 countries on the entire globe use burger system, 2 of them are in Africa.

Do you want to revise your claim?

>tfw India will beat Canada to the moon

Dude, your immigration minister is a Muslim.

Let that sink in.

The thing that pisses me off about imperial is there are 2 seperate and unrelated volume units. You have ounce/pint/gallon/quart and you have cubic inch/cubic foot/cubic yard. At least with the metric system a cm^3 is a mL.

Someone needs to make a Virgin Metric vs. US Customary Chad meme.

"Everything is in units of 10 because too insecure to do anything new or different"

"Units based on whatever number it feels like, still creates #1 world superpower"

This guy fucking gets it

As soon as they import 1,000,000 more Poos to help them with their space program because they're so good at math and coding.
>mfw the navigation system segfaults at launch.

On a side note, Kelvin is the only good temperature measurement. Freezing/boiling point isn't always relevant to just saying what the god damn temperature is, and negatives are used way too much for temperatures that aren't even extreme. It's retarded that you have to say "negative five" for an average winter day in colder regions.

What to cubic units actually get used for in imperial? I know I learned them in math, but I don't think I've ever seen them used in any capacity. Possibly older gas containers? All ones I see now are usually liters though.

>meme flag
>hard to use both systems hurts small brain
>calculates watts with anything but amperes and volts
makes sense.

US armed forces already use the metric system for decades faggot.

>It's retarded that you have to say "negative five" for an average winter day in colder regions.
That's why people say five below.

It's more burdensome to commonly say that it's two hundred and ninety five degrees outside though.

without English system you lose ancient wisdom

ex: 432^2 = the speed of light in miles/sec

or check this out if you wanna go deep -
not possible with metric system youtube.com/watch?v=Xw9lTB0hTNU

and I say that as a guy who spent 7 years converting English/Metric in engineering school

None of that is actually true though.

Never got this
I use the metric system every single day in America. Wtf is this jibberish.

Even our niggers use the metric system everyday when they slang that dope in the hood yo

And sage