How can you be a christian but think that slavery is immoral?

How can you be a christian but think that slavery is immoral?

>implying
better learn to read greek, kid.

Go check out the rabbinical interpretation.

redpill me on greek
redpill me on talmudic interpretations

The issue is with certain kinds of slavery, when people are being kidnapped and impressed into servitude and then treated as property that can be bought and sold is when slavery becomes immoral from a Christian perspective. The problem being with kidnapping people, and the terms of their servitude.

Christians do not have a problem with humans having authority over one another or servitude in general and indeed support it, things like conscription, indentured servitude, Patriarchy, and the state are not immoral from a Christian perspective.

who says i think slavery is immoral?

So which kind of slavery is allowed then? was african slavery in the USA permitted? Most of those slaves were POWs from african wars.

If you were my slave, I'd beat you for asking this question.

Presumably African slavery in the US was immoral because they were being pressed into servitude not on the account of justice for some kind of war crime they committed but for filthy lucre's sake.

And there being problems with some conditions of their servitude, like their children not being permitted to leave freely.

Are you aware that the Old Testament isn't relevant to Christians?

"Slavery" in the Bible usually referred to people who agreed to be indentured servants for a certain period of time, usually seven years. It was usually to pay off a debt that they couldn't hope to pay otherwise. They were not supposed to be beaten. They were supposed to be treated as live-in employees. The verse you're quoting is "an employee should be obedient and honest to his master."

>muh Old Testament is only for Jews
Fuck off, shill. Jesus quoted the Old Testament constantly and told his disciples that it would never pass away.

What, a slave is supposed to lash out, bite the hand that feeds him, put his loved ones well-being in jeopardy?
Slavery is bad, but there's nothing really wrong with the message.

So what was the point of the New Testament if we're also supposed to obey the Old Testament. I'm not even religious, you autist.

I would say servitude is moral when it does not transgress the dignity and honor of the human person.

So servitude that would involve sexual immorality would be forbidden, servitude that would involve murder, or assault, theft, neglect, idolatry, etcetera..

basically any form of servitude that would violate some Christian moral principle.

>a fucking memeflagger
READ ROMANS FAGGOT

Slavery is immoral because a man can not be owned because he owns himself. Cunts can be owned because they are not people.

Typically Old-Testement commandments are broken into 3 categories,

>the moral (or ethical) commandments,

>the civic (or judicial) commandments,

> and the ritual (or ceremonial) commandments.

Christians (and everyone else for that matter) are obligated to follow the moral commandments. The ritual and civic commandments are no longer binding.

Sauce? What denomination is this derived from? I haven't read the entire Bible, does it say that in it? Enlighten me.

Lol they don't. Christianity is the biggest perpetrator of slavery of all the religions. No honest person would consider the subservience of a Muslim woman slavery, though Christians get their own persecution complex for slavery they specialize in interracially they are more likely to subjugate and enslave/breed unwillfully with Muslims than outright kill them as a Catholic has and would again. Though it's likely the Jews took part in black slavery it was likely after being subjugated and pressured by propagator Christians. Christians even made up a white, possibly Muslim slave story attempting to cover their own tracks but the instruction is still in their religion in capitulating and capitalizing on a government free of Greek gods! Jesus has not been moved from Rome to Las Vegas yet because the Jews have yet to come up with a radical space travel invention to be killed over and claimed by Christian's holy Catholic master. We'll make it to the moon eventually. About 1% of us by some miracle.

>How can you be a christian but think that slavery is immoral?

What is historical context

>Neck yourself faggot

The Catechism says:

2455 The moral law forbids acts which, for commercial or totalitarian purposes, lead to the enslavement of human beings, or to their being bought, sold or exchanged like merchandise.

As far as I'm aware all mainstream denominations believe this. Catholics and Protestants.

I can't name all the verses from memory, but just to give two examples:

Mark 7:19
since it enters not his heart but his stomach, and is expelled?” (Thus he declared all foods clean.)

Jesus^ abrogates Kosher dietary law.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Paul affirms the moral commandments^

Listen to Hopey, man. He got trips of dub.

This. Sage. Niggers were better off when they were owned by whites. They had jobs and roofs over their heads and didn't have the freedom to get addicted to drink and drugs.

>How can you be a christian but think that slavery is immoral?
Christians can ignore all the laws in the Old Testament now, except the Commandment not to be gay and the 2nd Amendment. Jesus is not in his slavery stage any more.

it's not

ephesians 6:5
Slaves, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in the sincerity of your heart, as to Christ;

This is why you should read KJV only, since it is the only correct version,

"servant" not "slave" is the correct translation because you choose to serve, slaves have no choice.

You only have to believe in Jesus Christ dying for you and being raised again from the dead to be saved, the old testament laws (not the ceremonial ones) are for being blessed in this life

slavery, also known as indentured servitude, was a completely different thing with different definitions than now.

literally go open a history book and you'll learn a lot. for much of history slavery was considered a stepping stone to wealth and influence.

what a waste of trips, what absolute nonsense

Erects a big welcome cross on the moon to capitalize on nuclear fuel science (Helium 3 and 4). Demonizes Clinton for selling already studied nuclear science to Russia for cheap fuel and being a provocateur of innovation to the First Hemisphere because Catholic masters are too busy punishing themselves to update. Elect Jew president to represent the dissolving hemisphere strayed too far from nuclear Christ until Emperor Pope updates US to a tongue-cheek pilgrimage site or deadzone. Something something Ohio bans radioactive Downy abortion something. Something something maybe if Jesus wasn't white or Muslim he couldn't be a Jew cuz look where we are now something maybe hybrid Downy, clones are fantasy something.

But I support slavery.

>the penis-mutilating kike bible
pls

Ok redflag. Check this soiled whiteflag you offered me. And deny intrinsic value of numerology while you fashion your own silly digit in the form of an idol. Really needed that piss. Thanks.

Catholicism is heavily anti-rebellion of all sorts, so long as the authority is seen (in the eyes of the church) as legitimate, based on tradition (ie has it stuck around for a long time). Even in cases where the government is muslim, Buddhist, pagan, orthodox, catholic or protestant.

At least that was the politics of the church in the 1800s, idk what it is now.

In any event, slavery in Roman times != American chattel slavery.

>not using the inspired word of God in English known as the King James Bible
user, I...

Biblical slavery is punitive, not by birth, and is never permanent. I'm not against biblical slavery in principle. I believe it is imprudent and unreasonable to work towards establishing slavery in modern society.

American style enslavement of blacks is abhorrant, and unbiblical.