Attention catholics

I'm a non denom christian who doesn't like protestants. Bait me to become a catholic.

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 16:13-20&version=NASB
catholicworldreport.com/2017/09/20/the-worlds-northern-most-latin-mass-the-extraordinary-form-in-finland/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldensians
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lollardy
onepeterfive.com/pope-communists-think-like-christians/
lifesitenews.com/blogs/pope-francis-award-to-hollywood-anti-marriage-activists-endangers-the-famil
catholic.com/tract/call-no-man-father
catholicscomehome.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/1-confession.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=SyXQSUT4_hI
youtube.com/watch?v=3JIYQTNbnNE
youtube.com/watch?v=vJo1OZcLtlA
youtube.com/watch?v=nsljFA7y4n8
youtube.com/watch?v=K_4RFoknrwc
youtube.com/watch?v=L14UNjaZJm8
youtube.com/watch?v=fvjmveYw0tE
youtube.com/watch?v=z5w9RvyvI44
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

You can do sin as much as you’d like thru the week. Just stop by Saturday afternoon so your soul can be cleansed in a closet. Lotta babes here on Sunday. Fuck away.

no

The Catholic Church is full of pedos and degenerates, stop being a fag and become Anglican

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 16:13-20&version=NASB
> 17 And Jesus said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon [d]Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 I also say to you that you are [e]Peter, and upon this [f]rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth [g]shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth [h]shall have been loosed in heaven.”

Majority of my argumentation can be used also for Orthodoxy, but let's go: Ok. So, as Christian you recognise Bible for your belief, but canon of the Bible was chosen by council of the Church and additional clarity is added to it by works of Church fathers like st. Augustine or st. Jerome. This "fellows" have their authority due to apostolic succession which gave them ability to act in persona Christi and to give sacraments. Therefore - Church is wall again legions of Satan

>become Anglican
Give me one good reason to do that. Just another protestant denomination among others

Where to even start?
If you genuinely believe that Christ instituted a Church here to earth, then Catholicism is the only choice.

Now is the time to join. The wave of millennial Catholics coming through have absolutely no time for boomer bullshit. We're trying to reclaim the Church in a very real sense.

The key is finding a good parish though. I thoroughly recommend a parish that offers the traditional Latin mass. Each time I go, I can feel the traditions that stretch through my ancestors for millennia.

yeah man I'm not convinced. Becoming a catholic seems like a hassle no thx

I would go to church if it wasn't for the state of the church. They're also the ones who teach Muzzie scum Swedish so I'm not gonna sympathize with them for a long time.

And the part about the city where Peter dies is the head of the church?

Maybe Episcopalian? Its similar to Catholicism but they don't confess to a priest or worship "idols".

begome ordodox :DDD

The only place where sacrifice is presented is in the Catholic Mass. Human beings have recognized the need for sacrifice and atonement. Christ atoned once, but we participate mystically across time in that single moment when participating in the Catholic Mass--particulalrly in the Extraordinary Form (also knows as the Latin Mass). The manifestation of this deep truth, the human need to make offering to God, and it being mandatory, weekly on Sunday, points to truth that cannot be found in other denominations.

Sounds beautiful honestly.

t. OP

Plus, Catholics adhere to Tradition and Scripture. The reason, there was no Bible or agreed canon of scripture or even a printing press or multiple copies of every work that would become scripture for nearly 400 years! Instead the beliefs and indeed Christianity relied on tradition. Plus the Canon itself relies on the judgement of the Catholic Church (setting aside Luther's revisions 1000 years! later).

While there is a processs, all early
Christians were similarly required... Catholicism develops assent to the Truths not compelled willy nilly agreement (though many converts who convert because they married a Catholic end up just going through the motions, sadly), and NOTHING with having comes without... sacrifice!

I'd love to be a catholic in Italy but I live in Finland...

? Maybe? catholicworldreport.com/2017/09/20/the-worlds-northern-most-latin-mass-the-extraordinary-form-in-finland/

Even better. You have the chance of being part of a small, underground and close-knit community. Spread the light, have no fear.

Find the place in the link, call them and get help for finding a solid Catholic community. The history in Italy is Amazing but indeed Saints and its beauty are from all races, colors and corners of the Earth. Im sure it could use a boost of Evangelic zeal in Finland? Maybe you?

Just go with SSPX.

extra ecclesiam nulla salus

If you're a non denom, you're protestant.

thats what you catholics tell me all day long. But I don't even like protestants. I like catholics more than prots. But I'm not a catholic. I feel homeless ._.

Recognizing that the Catholic Church is the One True Church estabilished by Jesus Himself is all you gotta do to call yourself a Catholic. Do that, and you're home.

My family and all the people around me will kill me if I become a catholic

" 34 Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn ‘A man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.…"

Sadly that's how it is. I realize I really lucked out by being born into a Catholic family but I understand how hard and scary it must be for someone who grew up in a traditionally Protestant country (read: full of anti-catholic propaganda). I read a lot of stories of americans being cut off from their families for converting.

You gotta do what you feel is right, brother.

>what is succession?

>(read: full of anti-catholic propaganda)
It's true. There's plenty of anti-catholic stuff here. And all you hear about catholicism is that it's a "dead religion" and only the bad sides, never anything positive.

If I say I like the rosary people say it's dead works and useless.
And if I say I like catholic churches and their art they say it's "worship of images".

Have you seen Lutheran churches? They're awfully modern and minimalistic. It's not even a real church. It seems like according to Lutherans churches can't be beautiful.

I say if it's the house of God it's supposed to be decorated accordingly. The churches I saw in Rome truly glorified Christ

I have once visited the local Finnish Protestant church for some winter holiday. The outside was pleasant enough but on the inside it was one of the most depressing things I've ever seen.

At this point it seems to me that the only reason you aren't crossing the Tiber is because you're afraid of the reactions of the people close to you. I will pray for you to find your courage

Being Catholic is the best. You don't have to worry about acts and deeds. You can be a literal serial killer and the moment before you die, ask for forgiveness, and you get right into heaven. No other Christian has this deal and constantly have Jesus looking over their shoulders giving them stinkeye when they fap or curse. Even if they live perfect lives, they still go with Satan because God only allows Catholics into heaven. Choose wisely, user.

Go Ortho.

Well, dealing with that in a Catholic understanding of salvation, is that it is meritorious and increases grace and merit in heaven. Its definitely a tough situation, but as you become more conversent in Catholic apologetics-- and Id Highly Recommend reading up Salvation History from a Catholic point of view, you'll be able to discourse and plant seeds that can convert others. I do not envy you though, probably as difficult as a situation as Catholics had in the Soviet Republics.

Youll be able to live on a cloud forever and diddle boys with no repercussion

This is completely false. You cannot gravely sin on purpose and thinking "Eh, whatever, God will forgive me". That's a sin in itself.

While there have been bad times before, as well as bad popes, including currently. But when all is said and done pope of the roman catholic church is the only position that has a lineage that traces back directly to St. Peter, the apostles, and christ himself.

As long as you don't think you're sinning, it's fine if you whisper right before you die, "god, please forgive all the sins I may have commited".

If you truly don't want to sin again, then why shouldn't God forgive you?

>non denom christian who doesn't like protestants
Protestants have huge variety though. For every cucked liberal denomination/church there is also one conservative/fundamentalist one. Most of the time they are even more conservative/anti-degeneracy than the majority of catholics.
What exactly is it that you don't like about them?

Protestants make up lies about the Catholic Church because they are so threatened by it. Be leery when you hear a Protestant bash Catholics. We do not worship Mary, we do not worship saints, we do not worship the Pope. We believe in God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit and that Jesus died on the cross for the sins off all and if you believe in him you are saved by grace. BTW, I was raised baptist but converted to Catholicism because of all the lies in the Baptist church.

Catholics are the original Christians anyway. All Christians were Catholic until Martin Luther so you can't possibly believe all Christians before Luther were actually not Christians and went to Hell. But this is what Protestants teach.

Really makes you think: "…hold fast to the traditions, just as I handed them on to you… hold fast to the word I preached to you… stand firm and hold fast to the traditions that you were taught, either by an oral statement or by a letter of ours… let us hold fast to our confession." (1 Cor 11:2; 1 Cor 15:2; 2 Thess 2:15; Heb 4:14).

It's their hatred of catholics and lack of tradition. The church venues and services are really dull too

For one, they can't get into heaven because of Martin Luther, for two, you have to handle rattlesnakes and play the banjo. It's easier to be Catholic, and our churches are asthetic af.

Haha. Your children will get cancer because it is god's will.

Papists, everyone.
Threadly reminder to any Burgers on the fence that Catlicks, owing fidelity to a foreign sovereign, CANNOT trusted as Americans.

have fun in hell, user.

But I'm single living with my parents so it looks like I win this situation.

>not idolatry :^)

Cannot be*
Maybe. Idolaters and traitors go to hell too, user.

So choosy about who's lies you like to believe.

They're all still lies.

>Satan makes up lies about the Catholic Church because he is so threatened by it

Fixed that for you

But America has owed its loyalty to international banking since Haym Salomon invented that nation.

>Catholics are the original Christians anyway. All Christians were Catholic until Martin Luther

ah look a cathocuck lies

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldensians

>The Waldensians (also known variously as Waldenses (/wɔːlˈdɛnsiːz, wɒl-/), Vallenses, Valdesi or Vaudois) are a pre-Protestant Christian movement founded by Peter Waldo c. 1173.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lollardy

>Lollardy (Lollardry, Lollardism) was a pre-Protestant religious movement that existed from the mid-14th century to the English Reformation. It was initially led by John Wycliffe,[1] a Roman Catholic theologian who was dismissed from the University of Oxford in 1381 for criticism of the Roman Catholic Church. The Lollards' demands were primarily for reform of Western Christianity.

and that are the ones we know off pre luther

>worshipping country over God

This is not part of the teaching in the Church. If these people are in fact worshipping Mary then they are operating in contrast to the teachings of the church. You must be a bitter Protestant. I'm catholic. I can promise you, I do not worship Mary. She is however the mother of Jesus, and deserves some respect.

No English so much eh?

>Idolaters and traitors go to hell
absolutely. we Catholics are counting on it.
salus extra ecclesiam non est, qui non pertinent ad civitas dei, pertinent ad civitas diaboli.

protip: that's latin for "only catholics get in to heaven, the rest belong to satan"

That's what he said, all Christians were catholic before Luther. The ones you mentioned are heretics and not Christian.

The same goes for Gnostics, Ayran, and Cathar sects, who were around at the fall of the Roman Empire.

see, this is what I can't stand about protestants. They think they have the purest form of truth because of the reformation. And because catholics have doctrines that go against prot teachings they say catholics don't worship Christ.

But I've looked at it and I see many catholics are very sincere believers in Jesus.

Man I wish I was born in Italy

For the low low cost of your young son's virgin anus.

It's called the universal church for a reason, man. You don't need to be Italian or Spanish to belong to it!

Weak. Neither of these sects are influential today and this only goes back to the 1100's. Catholics go back to the apostle Peter who was appointed as the stone on which He would build the church, He being my Lord and Savior Jesus. Stay Protestant if you want, I don't care and I am not saying you are going to Hell for it. But stop telling lies about the Catholic Church. The lies are the reason people convert. Catholics believe in the saving Fundamentals, and will be in heaven.

>implying America has never successfully flipped the script
Pic related
The pope is a man, not God. The current pope is a jesuit communist. You place a jesuit communist over your own country. Absolutely disgusting.

The one holy catholic and apostolic Church founded by our blessed Lord Jesus Christ is the one timeless opposition to modernism, communism and hedonistic liberalism. Unlike in protestantism, you will find appreciation for tradition and european high culture in catholicism.

The Church offers you her sacraments, which makes it easier for you to follow Christ on the path for salvation and eternal life.

Always make sure to visit traditionalist or at least conservative catholic Churches. Unfortunately, large parts of the Church have been infiltrated by satanic left wing forces but not all. As the Lord himself said, "the gates of hell shall not prevail against it [the Church]." - Matthew 16:18

Catholic pederasts go to purgatory for a while until our lord and savior returns for the final judgement.

> They think they have the purest form of truth

Like you have...like anyone can attain from believing in 2000 year old fantasies.

Proof? They don't even go to prison.

lol stop believing in fairy tales class cuck

Become Orthodox instead

There is only one universal church, and it's of the Catholic variety and those in communion with it.
extra ecclesiam nulla salus

Protestants are honestly just butthurt they were taught a shit edited version of catholicism because someone thought the church was shit and sunked cost falacy the fuck out of it, its just how they are user, you cant change the most devout of them, let them stay as they are.

Honestly, Protestants are just fucking infinity channers of religion, the lemniscates hate where they split off from, realize they are actually shit, shill it to others, act smug and superior and still suck dick while slandering the original place.

>... is the one opposed to modernism, communism, and hedonistic liberalism.
Why do you lie, user? onepeterfive.com/pope-communists-think-like-christians/

The thing I don't understand most is Sede Catholics.

"Whatever you bind on Earth will be bound in Heaven" only applies to what they happen to agree with?

Regular ol’ Christian here... I don’t like Christians much so I don’t go to church, but Catholics are anti-biblical. They are Christian + pagan which is a serious no go. Just don’t go to church if you don’t like “Protestants” but don’t abandon the Word of God to become a Catholic.

To me the catholics and the protestants are heretics so you have no point , i still have to call catholics christians because they follow christ and so did the waldensians that makes them even more christian then the catholics with their churches from glitter and gold , its to bad the church slaughtered them we could have learned a lot from the true christians

> Waldensian teachings quickly came into conflict with the Catholic Church. By 1215, the Waldensians were declared heretical and subject to intense persecution; the group was nearly annihilated in the seventeenth century and were confronted

>Waldensians held and preached a number of truths as they read from the Bible. These included:

The atoning death and justifying righteousness of Christ
The Godhead
The fall of man
The incarnation of the Son
A denial of purgatory as the "invention of the Antichrist"[8]
Valued voluntary poverty

My will LITERALLY kick me out if I become a catholic. Better move out and might as well go way south because I hate this lukewarm lutheran trashcan.

adding to what you said.

Sacred scripture and tradition
Written and spoken form (tradition) is what Catholics believe.

2 Thessalonians 2:15
So then, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye were taught, whether by word, or by epistle of ours.

Oral (Tradition) or Written (Scripture). Paul said this at a time when there was no New Testament

2 Timothy 2:2
2 And what things thou hast HEARD of me, by many witnesses, the same deliver to faithful men, which shall be able to teach others also.

Oral tradition. These people could not read. Authority to teach these people was apostalic and ORAL(tradition).

1 Corinthians 11:2
2 Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and MAINTAIN THE TRADITIONS even as I delivered them to you.

Jesus wants you to maintain TRADITION. Like the Catholic Church does because it created the traditions.

1 Thessalonians 2:13
13 And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God, which you HEARD from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God, which is at work in you believers.

HEARD not read (ORAL Tradition)

Saint Paul destroys (Sola Scriptura)

Apostolic TRADITION is in the bible.
Apostolic tradition is the retelling of the word of God.

>Why do you lie
it's not a lie.
Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”
Matthew 19:23

My mom*

>Anglican
It's far worse than Lutherism and Catholicism combined.

>Regular ol’ Christian
no such thing, heretic.

Receive Jesus and receive the Holy Spirit. No man is required only the gift of the grace of God. Faith in grace alone. No religion required.

>join pedoring catholics

Well, I guess we see where your interests lie.

If you want anything, go with the Russian Orthodox.

>superior structures, iconography
>redpilled as fuck

I like the Copts and Greek as well, but since I'm white it's a lot easier to fit in.

Hans claimed that the Catholic Church is a bulwark against communism, and I posted proof of the Pope praising communists and posing with a communist icon. If he's not lying, he's direly mistaken.

>Faith in grace alone
wrong.
you.will.go.to.hell.if.you.believe.that.horseshit.

Catholic social teachings are very clear on this point.
Life and Dignity of the Human Person
Call to Family, Community, and Participation
Rights and Responsibilities
Option for the Poor and Vulnerable
The Dignity of Work and the Rights of Workers
Solidarity
Care for God's Creation

Sure enough, communism with lip service to the family - but don't worry, the Pope himself will make short work of that pesky "family" nonsense. lifesitenews.com/blogs/pope-francis-award-to-hollywood-anti-marriage-activists-endangers-the-famil
Abandon thread, Mick. We have your number and won't stand for your Popery.

1. Call no man Father
The New Testament refers to the first priests (the Apostles) as “Father” as well as many other uses by Paul and the apostles in the New Testament.
catholic.com/tract/call-no-man-father

2. Confessing to a priest.
In James 5:16, God, through Sacred Scripture, commands us to “confess our sins to one another.”
just in case they didn’t get it, verses 22-23
catholicscomehome.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/1-confession.mp3

3.Intercession is Biblical
Mark 12: 18-27; Jesus says when the dead rise to life, they are like Angels.
Hebrews 1:14; Tells us the work of Angels in heaven. To serve God Almighty, INTERCEED and HELP obtain the salvation of humans on earth. Tobit 12:12 Gives an example of Angel Raphael interceeding for Tobit.
Revelation 8: 1-5 Gives another example of Angels interceeding for us.
Luke 16: 19-34 Gives an example of a man in Hell, begging Father Abraham to intercede for his sons on earth.

4. Mary as CoMediator
Catholics believe Mary spells out her role in eternity in Luke 1:46-49. Catholics believe Mary's "yes" (Lk 1:2) to God and his plan of redemption, reversed Eve's "no" and reversed Eve's refusal to obey and cooperate with God. Mary's "yes" and cooperation with Grace blew away Eve's "no" and fall from Grace.

5. Prayers to Mary
See Intercession above. We are asking Mary to pray for us. Just like you would ask you congregation to pray for you or your family. WE are not praying "TO" her as in worshiping her. We only worship God.

6. Worshiping Idols
We don't worship Idols

That is the road to damnation.
If you are being taught that it is heretical.

James 2 (Faith and Deeds)
14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

24 Do you see that by works a man is justified; and not by faith only?
26 For even as the body without the spirit is dead; so also faith without works is dead.

The Key to John 3:16 (Salvation IS NOT assured by Faith alone) (8 mins)
youtube.com/watch?v=SyXQSUT4_hI

Satan's Ministers Are Condemned By James 2 (Justification by Faith alone is a herasy)(5 mins)
youtube.com/watch?v=3JIYQTNbnNE

The Best Bible Passage To Refute Once Saved Always Saved and Faith Alone (6 mins)
youtube.com/watch?v=vJo1OZcLtlA

Protestants Err on "The Golden Chain of Redemption" and Once Saved Always Saved. (10 mins)
youtube.com/watch?v=nsljFA7y4n8

Can a Christian LOSE Salvation ? YES! (14 mins)
youtube.com/watch?v=K_4RFoknrwc

Documentary: Protestantism's Big Justification Lie (1hr 33minutes)
youtube.com/watch?v=L14UNjaZJm8

Some of us don't agree with what Francis is up to
youtube.com/watch?v=fvjmveYw0tE

There are two main Branches of Catholicism.
Normal Catholicism and traditional Catholicism.

This video will explain it.
youtube.com/watch?v=z5w9RvyvI44

Or, to be more precise, there are liberals and Catholics.

The thing that really bothers me about christianity is that even if we assume that God exists what reason do we have to trust him?

He died for us. Of course we trust Him

What proof is there that he died for us? If God is omnipotent then does ”dying” actually bother him at all?

lol

Well said. A remnant and wide road.

? I take that as conceding the argument.