Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

How does Sup Forums feel about this man?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RAuu-FuptKk
youtube.com/watch?v=sv5IyRuEVI4&t=13977s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks like he belongs in a Western

I like his mustache.

Based Philosopher and mighty german Wizard
His death pretty much started the new dark age

I think our world would look a lot different if he had made it to his old days. The madman died too young.

Misunderstood by subhumans.

He is our guy.

I read everything from him, can only recommend.

reminds me of that boxing guy meme

He is quite aesthetic.
Care to elaborate on his philosophy? I admittedly know little about the man but he has interested me for a while and I am considering buying some of his books.

he said anti semites should be killed

he is a faggot. Wagner blew his ass out and fucked his bitch.

Way to cherry pick a quote and use it out of context.

This is why Sup Forums hates American mongrel shit posters

Muh nihilism, create your own philosophy

isn't that what christians are best at?

What does Christianity have anything to do with what is discussed?

What is yours?

oh sorry there was another thread with this same exact premises with loads of Christians ass hurt in the thread. Also it wouldn't surprise me if the poster was a christian with a facebook image like that.

A brilliant man who recognized the importance even of things he disagreed with or saw as manufactured. Sadly, his ideologies have been watered down and misinterpreted by everyone. Idiots who misuse the "God is Dead" quote never fail to piss me off, because he was casting doubt on whether or not humanity would be able to live without religion, even though logically, we should have outgrown it.

I'm more of an Emmanuel Kant kind of lad tbqh.

Warned us about the dangers of the growing nihilism in the western world. He knew we'd end up like this and tried to stop it.
Nice lad overall, it's a shame people know fuckall about him and think he meant the opposite of what he did, taking him for a nihilist.

Tell me about him.

>He knew we'd end up like this and tried to stop it.
That was the most spooky part of reading his texts.
I mean it is hard to say otherwise how sound his philosophy is or what it even is but obviously he must have gotten something right as he practically predicted EVERYTHING.

Start with Beyond Good and Evil, then read The Genealogy of Morals.

Exactly. He felt that Christianity was not perfect but that it’s void could be filled with something potentially worse. Correct me if I’m wrong.
His life was quite tragic. Perhaps the misinterpretation comes from his lack of popularity during his own lifetime.
Any other books worth getting?

Buy the Portable Nietzsche (Penguin Press) and Basic Writings of Nietzsche (Modern Library). Walter Kaufmann's translations are best.

he's the mighty wizard of the ubernationalist will-to-power

>taking him for a nihilist
>Idiots who misuse the "God is Dead" quote never fail to piss me off,
I've been semi-constantly enraged after reading his works whenever I come up to some fags doing these things. And they do come up often- espescially the "God is dead" - fucking cliche for some edgy little faggot to misquote it.

Ah, that was what I was worried about. Translations can easily confound the original author’s works.

predicted communism and nazi germany in a way

no one can elaborate nietzsche for you read the gay science ... thus spoke zatathustra... and beyond good and evil and come to your own conclusions

Even worse than those are the faggots who think he meant "lel fuck your god" and say retarded shit like "who is dead now, Nitzsche?" or " 'Nietzsche is dead' - God".

Some of his philosophy has been picked up by the globalists - but in the hands of a nationalist like Hitler, it's very based.

Don't agree with most of what he said but i respect what an intellectual badass he was.

My only teacher

Hitler liked Nietzsche quite a bit, but Schopenhauer was his favorite philosopher. Wagner, whom Hitler also admired, was also a devotee of Schopenhauer's.

schopenhauer as educator

everyone should also read the world as will and representation by schop.

Yes. Originally I read Schopenhauer to understand Nietzsche better, but found him worth reading in his own right.

Read Thus Spake Zarathustra AFTER BG&G, it's too symbolic to be well understood without having already a good grasp of his theses.

Do you recommend any other philosophers’ works?

Idk my interpretation was that BG&E was kind of a sequel to TSZ

My favorite will always be Ecce Homo. It's funny, wise, and crazy all at the same time.

Kant, Heidegger, Adler, Freud, Jung (especially Jung) and some Derrida and Foucoult to compare

I feel like after Kant, Schopenhauer, and Nietzsche, Heidegger is the next German philosopher to read. " Being and Time" is the hardest book I've ever read though.

True but your quote is misleading. He saw anti-semitism as arising from ressentiment, and was thus not to be acted upon if one was to act nobly.
But he understood the JQ perfectly well, read «On the Genealogy of Morality» and you'll see he understood their point. He just saw it as more noble to simply let Jews be Jews and keep living your life.

>How does Sup Forums feel about this man?

Richard Spencer. Nietzscheanism is highly present in alt right. approach him with coution, he never actually understood christianity properly and made historically inacurate claims.

youtube.com/watch?v=RAuu-FuptKk

Thus Spake Zarathustra is a must-read

Well idk, I did it this way and felt like I woulnd't have understood much of TSZ if I had read it first

>How does Sup Forums feel about this man?
my first experience with Philosophy.
>I saw thoughts I already shared being explained well. It was kind of shocking how so many things I had already thought about were being discussed.
>Beyond Good and Evil
>The Antichrist

Also the demographics during 1880s Europe makes his opinions on being "a good European," anti-nationalism and anti-isolationism a bit anachronistic for today's considerations. 2017 Germany is not something he'd reasonably be thought to approve of.

he was a moral relativist
>seems antithetical to most of Sup Forums

der ubermensch is not a moral relativists position

would have loved reddit

>nietzsche
>nihilist

FUCKING IDIOT

The trully redpilled philosopher
>b-but he was a nihilist
Just kys

In regards to slave morals he was...

I don't think so, he'd be more interested in the sturm und drang of this site.

The Eternal Recurrence..

Sometime on Sup Forums in a few months this same thread will be made again

/r/atheism personified

Nihilism is a cancer. Literally the worst fucking philosophy.

Easy to spot those that haven't read Nietzsche

The most important thinker of the last millennium.

He'd likely be against nations with double-digits percentage of non-natives, yeah. But I think his kind of European cosmopolitanism comes from the aristocratic tradition of old - as in the Bourbon and Hapsburg families that were spread all over Europe.
I wonder what he would think about the Identitarians. There's this solidarity and constant contact between the chapters, and they seem to be positively upholding traditional values, not just being anti-stuff. Maybe they are something like his «good Europeans»

Most of Sup Forums is nationalistic and isolationist. You don't need to be a moral realist to make your country function if you're not gonna accept foreign political influence or judge your neighbours.

His "good Europeans" may be considered what is known nowadays as the genetic descendents of the Indoeuropeans (or Indo-Aryans if you prefer that terminology). From the Rigveda over Zoroastrism to the teachings of the Ancient Greek and the Roman Republic ... his ideas are strongly shaped by the opposition of these schools of thought against the degeneracy of weaker cultures and the Christian core morality of "noble" weakness and its perceived universal guilt.

You can only understand how things work if you deconstruct them. To find objective goodness you have to go beyond the culturally constructed concept of what is good. The postmodernists are right about everything being constructed by humans but we construct models that try to match the underlying objective reality, some are closer to reality than others but none fully represent it.

Despite its faults the most mature and noble moral framework is Christianity, it's the best guide we have to what is objectively good.

he was right.

i don't think you understand English, Frog.

In a generalized sense, he thought French culture was superior to Germans; that he was an ethnic Pole; that Jews represented a powerful intelligentsia precisely because persecution had honed their will to power; etc. I think he would even have liked the idea of the EU. But I'm not convinced he'd be supportive of the influx of migrants into Europe of the last couple of years. He would have to endure, for instance, the decay of the French and Italian cultures he valued so well.

retarded faggot
The true Ubermensch doesn't care what Nietzsche or his mongrels think.
/ourguy/ despite his autism and hatred of the germans

>objective goodness
non-existent. Good is what the Aristocrats were, and bad was what the underclass were. That was the cornerstone of "morality".

A crazy duck, but his Insanity did lend it's to humanities progressing the long run. However many people misunderstand him and a lot of evil has occurred because of it.

That is those people's fault for being stupid tho. Not his fault at all.

He's a pole.

>Despite its faults the most mature and noble moral framework is Christianity, it's the best guide we have to what is objectively good.

I don't know, many of the better moral lessons in Christianity have already been figured out by ancient Greek philosophers beforehand. Also, Christianity borrows heavily from Vedic as well as Zoroastrian sources ... at least for the good parts. But the whole "Erbsünde" and universal guilt trip fucks these good concepts up for good ... it reeks too much of its Semitic roots for me to be applicable.

He claims in Ecce Homo to be a Pole. But to my knowledge there is no genealogical evidence of this at the Nietzsche Archiv at Weimar.

Like he is ded. Fuck him.

That's the postmodernist interpretation that reduces everything to power games. It's true that the way we construct our concepts is often motivated by power games like that but it's not the whole story. You fell for the nihilism bait.

I didn't say he was
>we philosphers of the future
Create your own philosophy was his philosophy

Beyond good and evil was awful.

That he says is the truth, user.

Excuse me, your post led me to believe that.
Agreed on the other thing you said, however rather than philosophy I would just go with morals.

i like his middle name

I play it everynight in the background when I sleep.

youtube.com/watch?v=sv5IyRuEVI4&t=13977s

It is easy to spot people that don't understand Nietzsche because they say he was not a nihilist as a counter argument to the atheist that tout him. He is a nihilist, also Kierkegaard BTFO his faggot ass before he even started writing.

Yeah, BGAE was relativist bullshit in all honesty. Maybe there was a subtlety to it that I missed. Hated his writting style as well, but it could have been the translator. What was with the all caps stuff? It read like an extended schizopost

That it borrows from successful sources is a positive. The fundamental problem is the idea of living for an afterlife, being a slave now for a post-death reward. The Christian tradition as I know it here doesn't subscribe to that idea much at all, it's all about coming together to bring the kingdom of God under the living Christ.

Christ said the true God is not a God of the dead but the living. If there really are very deep problems with the current Christian tradition it's still the framework of Europe, the one we've got to work with. Trying to ignore that is just naive like you see in the former communist countries that tried to dismantle Christianity.

In what way? Keep in mind his books are not entretaining, nor are they meant to be, as interesting as they might be its a fucking chore to finish any of his books.

He's a faggot read Plato instead, proper kind of greek faggot.

The relativist bullshit is part of his philosophy, he addresses and acknowledges relativism and nihilism but in his later works he expresses that overcoming that shit is how you create a better individual, how you make the Ubermensch as he so annoyingly called it

>>nietzsche
>>nihilist

Nietzsche is a nihilist, but not in postmodern sense.
Types of nihilis:
1) cathcher in the rye leftypol postmodern
2) nietzcheanism greek version of looking into abyss

Kierk ftw. Horrible style of writing by Kierk havent finished reading any of his books but he is my guy - I kind of instictivly understand him.

Self indulgent, flowery. Lot's of quotation marks, ALL CAPS PARTS. I felt like he was trying to entertain. He didn't say new in regards to post modernism, although a lot of it was on point. I should read some more of his books to make a better judgement.

I admire him for having the courage to be the vanguard against nihilism. I'm not sure it worked - actually, his solution didn't work, he himself admitted this - and it drove him mad (among other things).

I think he was right in prescribing a lot of things but not so good at curing them, though one could argue he set out to cure the incurable and stop the inevitable. Didn't so much like his fetish for "Dionysian" degeneracy. He also failed to recognize the groupish ways of the Jew as a threat, though I can see some reasons why one might criticize antisemitism in 19th century practice.

Based

every age has its own form of prophet and their own form of crucifixion, nietzche's was to prophesy the coming holocaust and nihilism and be crucified by a kundalini stroke

Nietzsche is more like existentialism like Kierkegaard. They both agree in the absurd (why the fuck are we on a flying rock circling a fireball.... Yada yada) but don't agree that life is meaningless. You took the abyss quote out of context big time and you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

Nietzsche: what is good in life? The feeling that weakness is being overcome, that the feeling of power itself increases in man.
He is not some fucking emo

lol, look around at the pit of decadence that is the West and seriously try to convince me that God is not dead

we killed him and now we are all opioid addicted, weak, hedonistic, we have no bonds but to cheap goods and no purpose but to consume. we have lost our traditions and that which makes us great and everything in life that once provided us with the impetus to transcend mere living and give us life

this is nietzsche 101 im not sure how we got so many downies to gather in one thread but we probably have enough to start a roster in the special olympics