For older people: how did you view muslims before 9/11?

for older people: how did you view muslims before 9/11?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2002/nov/24/theobserver
youtu.be/mpNcZVepLKw
youtube.com/watch?v=VqWjJdXKIXA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

9/11 did not shape my hate for muslims, your immigrants did.

I've known the truth since the early 1990's.

theguardian.com/world/2002/nov/24/theobserver

I hated them since forever, my grandad used to say "never trust a moor"

Exactly like OP pic.

This was Iran in the 1960's. WTF happened?

Like subhuman sandniggers. Who cares about 9/11 when it's all a conspiracy anyway.

1 weak despot and the overthrow of a popular leader by foreign powers tends to make the natives restless

We didn't like them, but we didn't hate them either. Nobody would have been afraid of a muslim being a terrorist. Muslim countries were seen as an exotic destiny for your trips.

For many people in the US muslims were a foreign concept because a lot of folk didn't know they existed or at the very least a thing. Either which way, the same it is now. Don't know them so don't care, besides the terrorists who are the real enemy.

That wasn't Iran before the 1960s. That was never Iran. That was a small portion of one city called Tehran during a brief period when they had a US backed dictatorship. Those women are probably involved in the sex trade for western tourists. That's why they had a revolution.

I never liked Mexicans, now then not now.

We didn't have much of them back in those days. There was one girl in my kindergarten class and aside from the fact she smelled funny and had a mole she was just another kid we played with.
My mom told me that according to their religion they could lie and get away with it unlike christians and that they loved to bargain.
Went on holiday in Egypt as a slightly older kid and thought they were quite filthy.

Redpilled when I hit puberty and they were behaving like rabid dogs if I dared to walk somewhere with no guy in the vicinity. That was more or less around the time of 9/11.

Still terrorists, just not a threat.

They were pro-firearms and redpiilled right-wings. I don't mind them, even their attacks on western society because they target left-leaning areas like New York. I have never seen them shoot a white farmer.

20 years before 9/11 I went to a school with a large Moslem population.

One girl was married to a Sunni moslem, and told me she feared her husband was going to take the children and return to Saudi Arabia. Since she wasn't a moslem, that made her a fuck toy. Even if she was a moslem it wouldn't matter much. That's a negative.

There were many Shi'ite moslems. Never seen a bunch of compulsive cheaters like that. These idiots would cheat even if it was easier to just study. I had to proctor an exam and I caught several cheating. I stopped looking when one threatened to break my arm. The Prof was proctoring the other half of the class in another room. He came in during the exam and said one of the Iranians he caught cheating threatened to break his leg. My opinion: bunch of idiotic assholes who are unfit to be in Western Civilization.

Then when the Shah of Iran fell.. a literal riot on campus where the Shi'ites tore down the American flag and said idiotic, double standard hate crap at Americans. They were literally murdering each other over in "Little Persia" - the name for the apartments across the street from the U. I knew several who went back thinking they would be welcomed by the Ayatollah with open arms. Nope! Shot dead. Fucking idiots. "In my country, I am teacher!" one guy often told me when I caught him making one of his endless mistakes. No, in his country he was a fucking corpse.

I didn't realize they existed

>Nobody would have been afraid of a muslim being a terrorist.

The Moslems were being terrorist since the 1960s. They highjacked a number of commercial airplanes and held people for ransom.

Then the whole 1972 Munich Massacre...

No, they were terrorist and folks knew it long before 9/11. Assholes.

Never thought of them ever

Depends what Muslims, Saddam was right, Gaddafi was right, Assad was right, they all detected (((revolutionists)))

didn't know what they were never heard about them

I knew nothing about Islam before 9/11 and had never met a Muslim. After 9/11 more people became aware of this evil known as Islam that exists in our world.

Kind of like your pic related. Didn't think much about them at all except that the government always seemed to have some remote problem with them like Iran-Contra or the USSR.

You do realise Aladdin was pre-Islamic?

wait, was this a setup photoshoot, like how the norks set up fake luxury in order to convince the outside world that they are living the good life? when in reality, only the elites live the good life?

Well Indians always hated Islam

As criminal, ungrateful immigrants perpetually supported by anti-Western extremists masquerading as moderates in government.

9/11 was par for the course. It as what muslims were already doing worldwide. It was simply the biggest attack, and against a country that was, up until then, in full denial about the muslim problem.

32 so was still pretty young. Didn't give a shit about islam, but north african immigration descendants my age were already red flagged as complet scum

Rich guys in robes with tea towels on their head that drove Mercedes and had tons of bitches in skimpy outfits

>for older people: how did you view muslims before 9/11?
Primitive sand people with lots of oil

literally the only thing u pieces of shits have ever been right about

but not nearlyenough to redeem u

before 9/11

cancer

after 9/11

cancer

same way I do now

I was deemed as xenophobic. there's a story behind that. if you want to here it i'll tell you. i was basically put on a watchlist in highschool... then 9/11 happened

They pretty much didn't exist. Nobody cared.

The same as after. Terrorists.

In the States, nobody cared about Muslims, but during the 2000’s when they started killing people for drawing pictures of the Muhammad, setting bombs of in western buildings, burning American flags, and now they have Muslim men raping women in Germany so it’s hard not to pissed off at t all the stupid shit Muslims do in the name of Islam. Nigger hatred has always been strong, because those fucking worthless ape are still trying to get back at white people for slavery

didnt really have an opinion on them.

jews happened.

We literally didn't ever think about them.

>how did you view muslims before 9/11?
pretty much like indu or buddist

didnt even think about'em til they started terrurizin our livestock and takin our jerbs

Before 9/11 war:
Attack on USS Cole
US Embassy Bombings
1993 WTS Bombing
Various Algerian Islamists
Lockerbie bombings
Communists working with Islamists (RAF with Palestine)
Etc etc etc

There was seperation since people thought the governments had a bit more control but even then there were enough assassinations, attacks, and threats from Iran to make people weird about it.

This

"islam? isn't that the thing black dudes in prison convert to?"

Look at an uncensored cartoon from the 50's or 60's. They portray muslims as lying, cheating, backstabbing, villains. Anti-muslim (Arab/Persian) was so strong there were no muslims in the west for a long time and we forgot what they were really like.

Then the (((cultural-Marxists))) and (((traitors))) decided to enrich our societies with some diversity, and you know the rest. Muslims are naturally retarded and incapable of any real progress. The only real threat is when (((traitors))) throw open the city gates and welcome them in.

Drug dealers, tax evaders, council house fraudsters and rapists, just like today really

I thought the Koran was a handbook for surviving and thriving in the desert. Als Rambo was their bro and we liked to mingle with their royalty. Even in bond movies they were portrayed as timid. And we had the Persian stuff like Aladdin or Al quadim shit from DND.

Back in those days we just hated Christianity because that was the retard on the block ruining everything for everyone.

I'm from 1980

Okay....
I'm going to clear some stuff up for younger anons

We knew about Osama bin Laden. Republicans didn't take him seriously at all. Clinton did. Republicans thought he was wagging the dog after the USS Cole attack and he launched all the cruise missiles at his ass. THe lewinsky trial thing was going on. So we knew about Osama bin Laden, because he also tried to bomb the trade centers before. jOnly clinton took that shit seriously. He even formed a task for to get his ass, BUsh took over and disbanded it. So let's get that cleared out. Anyone under 18 did not know who osama bin laden was. Anyone over 18 did know. He hit the cole, then kenya, tried bombing the wtc's. We knew who he was.

I didn't.

I never thought about them.

Nobody really knew about them despite their terroristic attempts on the WTC back in the early 90s

Quit blaming Marxists.

The Marxists were fighting the Muslims in Afghanistan in the 1980s but dumb ass Reagan thought they were "muh freedom fighters".

Hmm interesting. Do you know who that Christian saint is because he is holding a thyrsos(the staff with a pinecone on top) that normally Hermes had.

No Russian boys fought in Afghanistan. The real marxist fight was in 1960's America academia.

The river and the baby Jesus tells me John the Baptist probably.

>always reading history
>learn about europeans fighting muslims for 1000 years
>read about how us navy formed to fight muslims
>be kid, watch news 1980s
>muslims killing people in apefrica and middle east
>1993 bombing happens
>not surprised they are attacking us on our on land
>problems increase every year
>europe now importing them
>uninformed population welcomes them
>muslims attack citizens rape women
>#not all muslims
fuck this world

Tits or GTFO.

the US installed a puppet gov't and the people rebelled

She’s a Greek

do Muslims exist?

It was a religion of cab drivers and boxers. I and many others knew nothing about it and didn't mind it. Now that people are less ignorant of Islam there is a growing number of people who want the religion banded outright.

graduated HS in 2001. Didn't really even know what a muslim was

we didn't think about them AT ALL. literally nothing to us. you cold go months/years without someone talking about them on tv. lthe nbc letterman/carson/arsenio NEVER talked about them, SNL started to around the first Iraqi invasion, but stopped when that died off. no primetime sitcom/drama show EVER mentioned them. the only way you'd know they even existed is if you watched a nbc/abc/cbs nightly news show or read the newspaper in the worldwide section.

We didn't have to view them. Now in the past 20 years we have been completely zerg rushed by muds as well as the spics multiplying like the ugly brown goblins they are

How many Iranian chicks did you bang?

In India we hated pisslam since hundreds of years

Don't like them
>youtu.be/mpNcZVepLKw

Pretty positively, actually. My only exposure to them was two books by the Cambridge academic Peter Mansfield, "A History of the Middle East" and "The Arabs". A big part of the reason I read those books in my teens is I figured I would probably never have to encounter those people in my entire life.

this. didn't care either. racism or noticing the color of peoples skin wasn't a concern either. it seems like thats all that matters nowadays.

There were two that wanted an the old "A for a lay", but I'm not into that kind of shit.

Never really thought of them at all

Before 9/11: I had nothing against Muslims whatsoever.

After 9/11: I never bought the gov's agitprop and assumed anything bad said about Muslims was just warmongering.

After Rotherham scandal: I actually took the time to learn about Islam and discovered there was a huge immigration problem.

43 years old, All we cared about is that they where a backward people in countries far away that would never be able to bother us. I always figured that any that came to America would find out our system was better than theirs and would have a happy good life

Thread is probably aimed at Americans since for Europe it's clear. Slavs and the South dislike them for historical and cultural reasons and the North was living in liberal fairy tales.

>not taking sexual advantage of your students

What kind of college professor are you?

guess the earliest i can remember anything about muslims came from the wwf. the iron sheik introduced the notion of radical islam and the great american satan to me. when hogan beat him, it was magical. watching this brown man who hated america and praised the iran’s ayatollah getting pinned felt like it was righteous

I didn't even know they existed.

as a kid in the 80s, I thought they were alright. I did joke with a libyan girl about blowing up shit and she cried. so it's hard to say.

youtube.com/watch?v=VqWjJdXKIXA

disgusting retarded didn't wash their hands after wiping their ass with it bare handed, didn't know how to build functioning modern society no matter the money we pour into region

now i'm convinced they have some brain parasite sort of like Toxoplasmosis from millennia of using their shit covered hands to eat and touch everything, now they're subconsciously being controlled by the parasite and giving their disease to lefties who hang around them and women who fuck them and spreading around the globe to get their parasite in as many hosts as possible and trying to draw enire world into the mideast war so we can all have their disease and the entire human race can be consumed by it.

exterminate exterminate exterminate

Islam was never a problem until (((Murica))) brought (((democracy))) to the Middle East.

>flag
Yeah for some other Balkan nations the Ottoman invasion is a tragedy.

I was the only one not fucking his students (I was a graduate TA)

One of the female professors was famous for having made all the male grad students give her cunnilingus. I refused, she flunked me. Went into the final with the highest grade, came out with the lowest.

So, I quit grad school.

If she had asked nicely, I'd been on her. But since she put it the way she did, NO.

One of my friends Dad became a Muslim in the early 90's. I thought he was bat shit crazy after all that happened with Iran in the 80's. I had a couple Jewish friends as well on a few of my sports teams. Way before I was "woke".

Goatfuckers
Dumb with their oil money
Backwards
Disposable

Post her name or stfu

I had to slap a dune coons finger out of my face last night and tell him he is a mongoloid idiot that cant tell time.

At first I thought you guys were warlord butt boys that were content with harassing your own people. Not in a million years did I think my own country would send you scum over here by the busload.

I might "accidentally" drop a hammer on dude's head at work if I get the chance. I remember being in college and talking yo a black guy about obama. He told me that nigger was a muslim and would never be president. Unfortunately he was only half right.

If there ever is a day of the rope you pedophile scum suckers will be first.

I read Princess about the Saudi royal family so I never viewed muzzies favorably.

>Edgy atheist me
"All religions are dumb."
>Modern atheist me.
"Christians are okay. REMOVE FUCKING KEBAB."

Not much really. But I was only an 18 year old Montana kid when 911 happened. Hadn't learned anything about Muslims except "the middle east is always fighting" burger education meme.

A friend of mine read and told me about that book, it's fucked up. The Saudi's Wahhabism is the absolute worst though, and ironically it's who we're chums with. But petrodollar ya know.

Her skin is shit.

this

we always had the Roaches for neighbors, situation was always bad with them.

They still occypy our imperial capital city.

I just thought they were the sand people from Star Wars. Goofy and backwards but not really a threat.

>for older people
I'm 51, hopefully I qualify
>how did you view muslims before 9/11?
like now. two things: first, the turkish occupation of Hungary left deep traces, and stories about the resistance back then, including details of turkish/muslim habits are a matter of elementary school curriculum. for instance, 'Egri csillagok', 'The stars of Eger', an epic novel set in and before 1556, is mandatory reading (and so was in the Hungarian minority school in Romania where I used to go). this novel teaches about taqiyya (not by name, but in a simple question; the muslim is trying to negotiate for his life, promising this and that, whereby the christian priest asks him 'do you think I don't know what is written in the Quran about promises made to infidels?' upon which the muslim gives up hope). we were also taught Romanian history and literature, which was kind of reinforcing the same message (as in, sending exactly the same message)
- to be continued -

Is Academia really that aggressively sexualised? I know my own country is full of gross whores that fuck anything with a pulse when they're drunk but I didn't realise that it was that common in higher learning.

Nobody wants the fucking U.S. to own their governement...if the Islamic Fanatics didn't take over it probably would've been flooded with niggers just like Europe.

- continued -
then there are a couple of Hungarian - well, mostly Jewish - orientalists who lived around the last turn of the century and who wrote extensively about Islam. I kinda read everything available from them before 1995. one of them, Ignaz Goldziher, wrote a comprehensive lecture about Shariah (he's famous for proving that most of the isnads, the lineages of hadiths are fake; his disciples left no authentic hadith, even though muslims won't take notice). another one, Germanus Gyula - this time a Christian - was a muslim, a muslim imam even, qualified to issue fatwahs, sheikh of al-Azhar, professor at Egyptian, Syrian etc. universities and member of Academies of Science of said countries etc. in 1937 this guy wrote a long and well-readable book, titled 'Allah akbar', about his journey to islam, his hajj, and he filled the book up with quranic quotations, basic facts and the like. that's where I first heard about abrogation, for instance, or wahhabism, or hudud punishments, or the insane level of OCD control islam tries to exert on its believers. his book reads like a collection of all the bad things you can find in jpg/texts here on pol, except he narrates them with a naive happiness as if e.g. the duty to fight infidels was something to be proud of. not much surprised me from what ISIS did or claim (I was surprised about killing muslims for not knowing the exact number of rakhas in a certain prayer and I was surprised about the burning of the jordanian pilot).

one day my friend, The emperor will return and the sun will rise golden above the Greek flags waving in Aghia Sofia

I didn't think about them or the Middle East at all (aside from the study sessions on the Gulf War).

I was younger then, thought Muslim and Hindus were same thing, just different sects. Still don't give a shit now, I just want national security to matter to the point where my politicians think about internet security and at the veryh least ask a few questions to a potential migrant before handing them a was of cash and d'ssaying "don't worry, you won't even have to apply to be a citizen, so none of our laws will technically not apply to you, please don't attack us! XD