Bitcoin Price

What happened?

Is it just the USD collapsing and a new reserve currency being needed?

Look, it's like this. Bitcoin is a thing. But if you're just now realizing this you are already late to the party.

The bitcoin's been exploding forever but a triple in a year is not normal.

Yawn. I mined that shit is 2010. Where the fuck were you?

It's old news now.

Nobody knows where Bitcoins end up next. Could be 20,000 dollars or 200. It is risky to invest.

CloudCoin. Check em.

Did the same thing. Even worse, I bought 15 bitcoins in 2013 for certain purposes and used parts of them and lost the rest.

Jews bought a bunch of bitcoins and are now controlling it's price.

Soon they will crash it and a bunch of nerds will kill themselves for losing money they never actually had

I have my money in BTC, all of it. Since 2012.

I didn't lose it either.

Normies haven’t even got in yet it’s about to go mainstream ,I got in when it was $600

>bought a coin for $500 in 2015
>sold it all this year when it hit $3000 after 2 consecutive days of price drop and I thought the crash was coming

I mean I made a nice profit but still kicking myself

>money they never actually had
I honestly don't understand this meme. With the exception of maybe precious metals (maybe,) virtually all other 'assets' have value determined by other people and variables. Fuck, even paper money is only a representation of the current collectively agreed upon value, rather than being a definitive value.

im all in on litecoin since 2013.

havent even sweated a drop since. you can be a chart checking sperg like the rest of the autists on biz, or you can just not care and collect 20x your investment in 2020

Because bitcoins have no value, it's based on literally just speculation. It's not like gold or company shares. It can go from what it is now to zero in one day

>20x your investment in 2020
What? Litecoin was hardly even breaking a dollar per coin, back in 2013. Come 2020, you're probably looking at 200 per coin, or more.

Upcoming chain split causing uncertainty, so no-one wants to sell. All the alts are draining into BTC because people want to have their coins on both chains come the fork.

BCH is killing it for the similar reasons.

If you don't think that gold and company shares aren't based off of speculation, I don't even know what to say to convince you otherwise, because you're too far gone.

Sure, there's more reason to explain the speculative pricing of gold and company shares—definitely more than cryptocurrency—but it's all still speculative.

Plus a bunch of normies are getting excited about it, crash is possible.

When randos on Sup Forums are talking about the BTC price, it's probably overvalued.

>bought a coin in 2015
>sold it at $3000 for a $2500 profit
>kicking himself

You should be kicking yourself for staying in BTC for two years when you could've traded alts to accumulate more BTC. You could have $100,000 now if you just started trading 5 months ago even. Just with that one BTC.

People don’t understand why magic internet money is worth $7k and think slips of paper are real money,I’ve made about $13k out of thin air but I’m never selling my bitcoins for FIAT currency that becomes worth less and less every day.

its what happens if nobody is regulating the market

you can argue about the value of fiat but it is at least backed by something (GDP) and you can actually buy stuff with it in the real world
crypto on the other hand doesn't even exist
how do you measure the value of nothing?
its the reason they (finally) started banning ICOs
thank god

Yeah gj ever exchanging it for money rather than selling it when no one wants to buy it and it gets completely solid

It's backed by (relatively) solid mathematics, and has been used as a system of trade. Only so many bitcoins will ever be in circulation, no more, but potentially less (some go lost for different reasons, but mostly negligence about wallets). People are still under the usurious propaganda that we need third parties involved in trade, and banking systems to 'validate' value of currency.

CH-CH-CH-CHANGES

kikes are pumping it up. Expect a dump when they need it to fund their next ISIS attack.

Hey I recognize you. You're the British Bitcoin fanatic from the thread where I was handing out mBTC to new users.

BItcoin went parabolic right after the election. The market cap increased by something like 90B dollars. Deep State and NWO is funding an all out war on Trump, Bitcoin could be a component of that.

Everything you said is common sense, so have you taken the next step to purchase land.

we are rejecting (((their))) (((usury-based))) """money"""

There's some complicated politics going on within the Bitcoin space right now related to which implementation the miners and users will follow.

The price is being pumped up, but even more importanly the difficulty to mine it. On about Nov 16th the network will split in two, tanking the price of both forks, and making the billions of dollars worth of mining hardware suddenly stop making profits. There is, however, another implementation called Bitcoin Cash which uses the same mining hardware. The market and miners are going to flood into it at the time of the Nov 16th split, pushing it's price from its current (about .09 btc) close to if not above the cost of 1 BTC.

block chain is the new meme in tech (like apps in late 2000's and cloud in 2010s)

If you haven't already you can still get in, bitcoins is going to explode up to 50k at least in the next year

Its being memed up it'll stabalize around 3500 unless market drastically opens up with more vendor acceptance

That graph looks familiar

thanks; go take your macaco soup now

that faggots is the naked answer

>Is it just the USD collapsing and a new reserve currency being needed?

No, it isn't collapsing yet. If it had, other commodities would have gone up in value relative to the USD. Precious metals like Gold/silver are sitting well their peak in 2012

This is... something else. Personally I would stay away from bitcoin for the simple reason that lots of retards are making money in it.

Thing is, we're still in the media attention/enthusiasm stage.

Same deal, If only I'd known...

>you could've traded alts to accumulate more BTC
this is the exact same bullshit every broker will tell you
keep your "wealth" inside the system to get "rich"
you know who's making money out of this?
the exchanges
why?
because every fee you pay them for a taker call gets exchanged for fiat instantly and spend on fancy stuff in the real world

i am not arguing about the technology (will there are better, far more private alternatives already available like ETH or Monero)
some which don't let every 12 y/o with internet access backtrack your entire order book
the thing is crypto is like a stock
its not worth much outside the system

A small investment can net you huge rewards, you don't have to pour in your life savings.

Why do none of you niggers ever know whats actually happening with BTC.

SEGWIT 2X is coming. last time this happened people got 6 billion dollars in free internet money. It's going to be even bigger this time so people are stocking up to get their payout. It's still a few weeks away and btc will dip right after, but it has a chance of hitting 10k before then.

tldr: don't buy it right now, wait until december if you want to buy and just get a % of one and forget about it for a few years.

>lots of retards are making money in it.
To you they are retards because of how they are making money regardless of anything else about them

You're a dope. The word you are probably looking for is 'Lucky'

>keep your "wealth" inside the system to get "rich"

Worked for me. You'd have to be an idiot to lose money in this market with coins going up 100% a day back in May. And now Bitcoin doubling in a matter of monhs.

What is it with no-coiners and this eternal denial. How much longer do you have to see BTC go up before you get in?

>but it's going to get dumped!

Then short it.

It'll keep going up until enough people can sucker randoms into buying them.

The deflationary bubble is about to shit itself. Gotta be a complete moron to invest in a completely unregulated currency where nobody checks for market manipulation. Everything forbidden in stock exchanges is fair game on bitcoin.

To add to that, you CAN cash out you know? So you buy real world assets with your winnings? There is actual tangible gain from this.

What is the value of gold, you dumb monkey?

You think people actually use it for making superconductors or whatever? No, its basically useless and any value it has is as subjective as any virtual memecoin.

>What is it with no-coiners
i'm sitting on ~150 btc m8
i spend it whenever i get the chance but apart from that it doesn't really exist for me

not really
the taxmaster would kick my door in in no time

Then why the hate against market trading in the exchanges? Who cares if they are profiting off fees, you are using their service.

Ah, I've reported all my earnings. I don't mess with the tax man.

Guys Guys its the blockchain that makes crypto possible and worth investing. And whos got the most advanced blockchain?

>How much longer do you have to see BTC go up before you get in?
I don't care how much it goes up. Call me when it's a real currency that I can buy things with IRL. The only thing I've ever seen people buy with bitcoins is junk off the internet and also more bitcoins.
Hopefully it will never be adopted by any government as a currency. A fully digital currency would be backdoored instantly and allow even more control over people than the current FIAT standard.
The Chinese are already using supercomputers to mine as much bitcoin as they can just in case anyone is stupid enough to trade in it.

Getting ready to crash.

You cash out to USD, then buy something with it. You'll pay some taxes on it, but its not like their was effort involved in accumulating it.

What would be the reason NOT to buy it before the fork if you'll still get double the amount for free? Unless it halves after Nov 16th.
Sorry if it's a silly question.

nigga spent 115$ in 2011 and bought a lambo using bitcoin from the dealership.

You can exchange it for dollars or whatever currency you want, you dumb burger.

Its like saying euro is not a currency because they don't accept it in the wall mart from your nigger infested cities.

>usury is ok guys
Fuck central banks.

Fair enough if you want to put a percent of your money in bitcoin, go for it. It could take off.

>To you they are retards because of how they are making money regardless of anything else about them

Let me put it this way, a significant percent of the bitcoin investors I've seen online don't
1)understand the technology (there are various disadvantages)
2)don't know anything about financial markets

If these people are making ass tons of money, there are reasons to be circumspect of the bitcoin hype.

>You cash out to USD, then buy something with it.
Why the fuck are you here, then? Sell your BTC to someone that wants it and fuck off.

No user it's greed

its called a bubble
never seen one before?

You asked a question, I gave you the simple answer. Sorry I triggered you, big boy.

Waiting for it.

Then I'm going to cash in and wait 2-3 years for 50k and laugh at all you nocoiners.

>You can exchange it for dollars or whatever currency you want, you dumb burger.
You can just exchange dollars for other currencies, too. Why go through a middle man that cant be used directly?

No you didn't.

>Hear nothing but how money is literally not worth the paper it's printed on
>"Listen up goys, (((they))) are going to have us switch to a (((digital currency))) that they can control and through that control us even more"
>Same people get straight on the (((bitcoin))) meme

Incredible. See if someone can add this up

>There's X amount of Y
>Y is bought using Z
>Z that you have very little of, but (((they))) have, not only a lot of it, but a licence to print it and dictate its value
>Once the goys have done all of the work and mined all of Y, then the price of Y is jacked up and the goys sell their Y for the equivalent in Z
>But now suddenly (((they))) hold all of the Y reserves which means (((they))) now dictate the price because that's how monopolies work
>So what do you suppose happens when Z is declared no longer legal tender and everyone has to now use Y, will you be more free or less free?

It's literally identical to what happened with gold, but the only real difference is that there's no specified amount of gold in existence (obviously gold has actual uses on top of it being rare, hence its value. Or did you think its value came from it being in limited quantities and because it was shiny?). It's like rocking up in Germany with a wallet full of Deutschmarks and then crying that you sold everything you had for worthless tender. I swear, for such a redpilled board it isn't half filled with bluepilled goys.

i'm not hating against the market
let them make money for a service provided
i'm arguing about the legitimacy of the whole system to accommodate wealth
which is the driving factor behind the exploding price

>Hopefully it will never be adopted by any government as a currency
will never happen
at least not with BTC
see
>some which don't let every 12 y/o with internet access backtrack your entire order book
(((they))) are way to afraid of everybody knowing where the money comes from and goes to

Stupidity is contagious.

I asked why you're trying to sell your bitcoins on Sup Forums. You didn't answer that because if you could actually sell bitcoins to people that know anything about it you wouldn't be here trying to scam people.

Haha kek.
I'm 21 and a crypto millionaire.
>yfw I bought in at 2009

ITT: Shills pretend they are wealthy as to entice idiots to invest in this BS. Everything you see has been orchestrated; you can't spend bitcoin on tangible goods; you have to exchange it for local currency. Bitcoin is just another pyramid scheme. If, somehow, it becomes "mainstream", we would owe it to ourselves to seek out those with the wealth to spare and re-distribute it. They are helping no one by bragging, or even discussing this in a political forum. This has nothing to do with politics. It is a scam. These people don't care about anyone else but themselves, or are being paid to LARP. If you have coins, an you've been stupid enough to upload a picture of yourself, and mail things abroad with your address on them, you will be visited in due time.

What are you smoking dude? Where are you getting that I'm trying to sell my BTC to you? You asked a question about how BTC could be useful and I told you you could grow your investment and cash it out (using an online service, not to you, you faggot) to buy real world assets.

I'm from the future. Just trust me on this one.
Do not buy bitcoin.
These tards will have you believe it could go to $100,000.
But the fact is retailers are dropping this garbage left and right because it's slow, expensive, and controlled by greedy chinese mining corporations.

Crypto eventually will be used as retail currency, but Bitcoin will be left in the dust.

To clear up any confusion, I could give a shit about the technology. It's a quick buck.

I won't go down that low ever again
I'd wager it never goes below $1000 again

I'm also using BTC as a catch all term for crypto.

>mined all of Y
another reason why BTC will never be a viable real world currency

Because no other currency increase its value by 200% per year?

>I'm also using BTC as a catch all term for crypto
i hate people like you
nothing personal

nothing happened.

go to sleep

big if true, is it the time to invest in Bitcoin cash ?
What is the difference between this coin and the original Bitcoin ?

just imaging the chaos this would cause

I understand you can get money from bitcoin but how is it not a pump and dump scam? Don't like 500 people who got in early own like 50%+ of all bitcoin?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not slandering the blockchain technology.

Where can I short BTC?

>Because no other currency increase its value by 200% per year?

Serious Question: Has there been any currency in human history that has increased its value as fast as these cryptocurrencies?

quick primer for noobs:
BTC: 10 minute is fastest tx time. (slow as a turtle) forks have the same problem.
BTC: 1 MB size limit (placed by miners who make 15% of their income (or 9 BTC per hour) in transaction fees
Segwit: a tech that reduces security of bitcoin to slightly improve on the 1 MB limitation they created. Only a 1.7x improvement.
B2X: faction that wants to enforce segwit and 2 MB size "improvement". It means the miners still get their pointless fees, but create the illusion of progress
BCH: faction that wants 8 MB limits.

The Block size limit creates artificial scarcity, driving up competition to put your transaction in the block. Currently the average fee for a tx is $5.90 and growing.

>ctrl+f 'CME'
>no results
>'segwit 2X'
>one result

You guys are so out of the loop it's not funny. BUY BUY BUY!

tulip bulbs

All securities adhere to the financial laws of gravity

>Digital "money" worth more than actual gold or platinum.
Not sustainable, nor logical.

No because currencies have always been inflationary. This is absolutely new.

This. A couple nukes, grids go out worldwide, and crypto is gone and worthless.

nice thanks for the info. so if the limits increase to 8 MB we can expect lower fees. The 10 min gap is in place to control the number of tx ? im big noob in the crypto world but im interested in knowing more.

The thing is, governments determine the value of their fiat currency largely by manipulating the supply, and by enforcing legal tender laws. With Bitcoin as a currency, you cannot manipulate the supply. You can certainly pass legal tender laws, but it will still not be any worse off than it is now, but better because of the fixed supply.

until that happens why care?

even better, bitcoin algoritm helps reconstruct the network pretty quickly

it's being pumped up for the eventual dump.

holy shit bitcoin futures. goddamn. lol

This is why I refuse to take on the risk of bitcoin.

It is supposed to be a currency that is secure and kept alive by miners getting a cut for verifying the transaction.

Yet most of the bitcoin transactions are all people trading them back and forth for intrinsic value. People are trading them like stocks and commodities rather than a currency pair.

I always hear the term "cash out" as if bitcoin itself is not cash. The fact that people have this mentality that BTC is less useful/stable than USD is why it will fail as a currency and ultimately as an investment.

I hope people realise that BTC is a currency pair and that they can not cash out in USD unless someone is willing to trade USD for it.

>I have trippled my money on risk free investments on the stock market in 2017