Why arent millenials buying houses anymore Sup Forums?

Why arent millenials buying houses anymore Sup Forums?

businessinsider.com/millennial-homeownership-lower-2017-6

because they're expensive

boomers are faggots and charge 750k for a 600sqft shoebox unless you want to live in homicide-ville and rent from the chinese, who the boomers sold all the real-estate to

Because the Jews at the Fed have re inflated the housing bubble in a failed attempt to restart the economy that will only end in the collapse of the US dollar and the destruction of most Americans wealth.

Because baby boomers ranked the economy

>Why aren't Millennials buying houses that cost $450-I mean, $550-I mean, $650-I mean, $850k?

They can't have dogs. That is the reason. My town wants a big 'dog friendly' campaign to convince millennials to stay here rather than move away to a real city. It's fucking pathetic.

Because millennial people are too stupid to get anything higher than minimum wage for a job.

It's not even that hard to find good jobs unless you live in a shitty state.

Why bother buying a home, when they can live with their parents for free?

Because they can't afford it doi

i want to but i can't afford it fag
FUCK! MY LIFE!

>Americans
>buying houses
pick one
Americans work in big city, eat burgers and rent. The times when Americans needed houses are long over. The only reason why American would buy a house these days is when he's rich and doesn't wants to become richer, which is rare indeed, but then he has to be careful of wife not stealing his house after divorce.

RRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeEEEEeEEE-

Because chinamen are buying them up

Very, very few millennials have the individual income necessary to own a home in a civilized area. It's certainly possible for some individual millennials to own a home in a ghetto warzone or out in the middle of nowhere in some rust-belt ruin. But if you bought such a home you're likely giving up your income as part of the process, given that there are no jobs in such regions (which is part of the reason the real estate prices are so low - no demand).

If you want to be able to purchase a home in a civilized area you need two decent incomes. So a stable long-term relationship comes before home ownership. It is effectively a precondition.

So the real reason why millennials aren't buying homes is that millennials aren't forming stable long-term relationships.

Some are, but market prices, and other demographics have done a lot to push demand down.

If you can afford one and the upkeep therein, then by all means, buy what you want. Just because boomers and x'ers were stupid and bought into the bubbles on credit alone doesn't mean you have to.

Millennials shit a brick at the idea of paying back $60-150K student loans.

What makes you think they would be able to handle a $350K mortgage?

They do not seem capable of handling long term financial commitments.

>Why aren't idiotic, broke, unemployed people buying houses?

Pretty much this, if you can take advantage desu, you will generally pay less rent but no bills/food etc.

Save up a deposit on a real place if you find one that is if they are cheap enough but then you take the risk on a mortgage and intrest rates which can spike later on and fuck you up.

Renting can be an option but an expensive one for a shit house unless you room with someone but even then add the bills/food/rates etc and it can still be expensive, also landlord might be a cunt and have certain rules or just basically jew you with the price anyways.

The cities are mostly a no go unless you get somewhere shit, outside the cities can be okay.

>you take the risk on a mortgage and intrest rates which can spike later on and fuck you up.

You don't have to get a adjustable rate mortgage. You can get a standard mortgage where the interest rate never changes and you always know how much your payment is...you know, like everyone did before 1990.

>paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for some drywall nailed to 2x4s

If i had that kind of money id buy land and make a nice little bunker out of foamed concrete. The energy bill savings would pay for itself in a decade.

If you can have that option, but can you keep up with the replayments and if not you end up no house and back with parents or to rent.

A house now is a risk, vastly overinflated market price, then again life choices to an extent will make this easier or harder for you but you will never have it as good as your parents ever.

>but you will never have it as good as your parents ever.

That's just millennial bullshit.
"Oh, my life sucks because the previous generation screwed me!!"
No, your life sucks because you blame everyone else but yourself.
If you love the outdoors and the environment, sure, your parents had it better,
but face it, you lot are happy sitting on your ass playing video games and binging the latest must-watch tv series.

Because they'd rather pay the equivalent of a $350,000 mortgage in rent and complain about how saving money is hard.

They are dumb.

> Be 30.
> Saved 40k for 150k Mortgage in Roanoke, VA or similar city.
> 15 yr mortgage
> Be 45. No more mortage/rent.
> 2,000/mo into retirement investment account.
> Be 55, sell home and move to Thailand on retirement visa.
> Live the easy life with Thai wife in Northern Thailand

post the girl next time you fucking faggot

in my county less than a acre of land is 10K+ a year in property taxes. Theyre driving out the middle class. people who have lived here for 50 years have to sell their homes because of the property taxes in good ol' NY!

>"Oh, my life sucks because the previous generation screwed me!!"
>No, your life sucks because you blame everyone else but yourself.

Putting words down which i never said, but facts are facts and your a big boy you can do your own research.

This you fucking idiot

You got $150,000 for a down payment on a $700,000 fixer-upper? Neither do I.

All part of the plan.

Why would I buy a house so the government can import as many dirty Newark niggers and Somalis into the neighborhood and ruin my investment? I watched that shit happen to my parents and I won’t be stupid enough to fall for the mortgage meme.

we need to kill china

Because they're expensive, the economy is shit, everybody works at McDonalds now, and the taxes on a house are so high it's fucking retarded.

I just bought a house a few months ago.

They are trying to drive out everyone where I live as well and turn it into a rich old retired fucker town. Developers have bought almost everything and are asking insane prices, $80,000 for an empty 700 sq ft lot in the ghetto neighborhood.

My parents bought their house for the equivalent of $60.000, now the house is worth almost $500.000. They could afford a 7 room family home and family on just the salary of my father ( uneducated work ).

Boomers bought all the houses and now they are refusing to give the younger generations a house of their own unless they pay ridiculous prices which requires two people working with a college degree and no children.

This

This user gets it

People just aren't smart or don't work hard. Hustled for 2 years, got my credit in check and saved a small down payment (you don't need much). Bought a house in a growing market. Now have enough money to pay off my student loans and walk away with an extra 50k in just a year. Plus, I only have to work part time to pay the mortgage. You don't have to be the hardest worker since the bar is so fucking low.

>a house of their own unless they pay ridiculous prices which requires two people working with a college degree and no children.

>be 1960s house
>1200 sq ft
>3 bedroom, 1-1/2 bath
>car port
>formica counter tops
>b/w TV with rabbit-ears antenna

>be 2010s house
>3000 sq ft
>4/5 bedroom, 3 baths
>3-car garage
>granite counter tops, 2 ovens, huge refrigerator
>60" OLED flatscreen TV, cable, internet
>leather furniture
>etc etc etc

Houses cost a lot more because this generation is softer than their parents, and require luxury appointments that previous generations lived without.

They are too weak to be able to own anything
They have been conditioned to be owned by the globalist Jew faggots

>They are too weak to be able to own anything
how do you own anything when there's barely anymore land to grab?

But that's wrong as fuck.
Houses today are far smaller than in the past. And this speaking of houses, some fags will buy apartments with basically no garden

By the time I’m 30 I will own my own house outright then life will be on easy mode,the secret is simple : save money and stop buying materialistic shit like the latest iPhone ,new car ,latest games etc

Millenials, as with all consumers, subconsciously respond to the rules of Supply and Demand while the Boomers and (((Banking Cartel))) think they control such forces.

More new houses and less people buying. High supply and low demand means lower prices, but these fuckwads can't accept that they've lost money by playing a market too hard and continue to ask more and more. Only possible way to draw a return is to open borders and let immigrants buy all the empty houses with foreign money.

Big problem with the business world in general these days, too obsessed with the value on paper and maximizing profit rather than making whatever deals you can find.

The housing market is fucked and inflated. Why on earth would anyone in their right mind pay an arm and a leg to get a shitty house is beyond me.

The smart millenials lives with parents and saves up, the dumbass millenial rents/buys a house that ends up sucking most of his income anyway. The rich spoiled millenial has mommy and pappy give him a house.The mong millenial lives with his parent and is either a neet or squanders all of his savings on stupid shit.

Also inb4 more housing bubbles.

th-thanks chinese investors

During the recession builders turned to high end custom homes as opposed to the cheap housing and massive developments that had dominated the market previously. This is why houses are bigger and cost more on average today. However the housing market is booming right now and large scale housing developments have seen a comeback, give it a few years and you will see more affordable options become available again. The market is cyclical.

t. framed singled family homes for a living since the age of 16

Well here Chinks bought all our real estate and resell it a double what they bought it for. Or in places like Vancouver their embezzlement's are in real estate

We have next to zero incentive to because none of us have families.
You have unmade the engine that drove society.