Unpopular opinion: Bowe Berghdal got the punishment he deserved

>Dishonorable discharge (equivalent of a felony, will never work a real job again or have gun rights, property rights, voting rights, veterans benefits to include healthcare)
>Prison
Although Berghdahl won't see any time behind bars, he spent 5 years in the captivity of the Haqini network (one of the worst infamous for torturing and castrating that SEAL who fell off the Chinook during Operation Anaconda in 2002) and was tortured and according to unsubstantiated reports raped as well
>Legal loopholes
Anybody who served during that time period knows how low the military dropped their standards just to retain sustainable numbers of troops, and a lot of people slipping through the cracks had obvious mental issues prior to enlisting, to include Bowe Berghdahl. From a defense standpoint, this would mean that even with his dishonorable discharge he would be entitled to legal compensation in the form of financial aid for the rest of his life, as he theoretically shouldn't have been allowed to enlist in the first place. By avoiding jail time, (which due to Trump making statements on the ongoing case would only have been 5 years, out in 3 with good behavior)

>The war was fucking stupid
All wars are, and the fact that he didn't want to fight isn't what as a veteran bothers me. Most of my peers growing up didn't enlist, and I don't judge them for it. What absolutely makes my blood boil is that he choose to abandon his post IN COUNTRY. It was a bad call, and people died for it. But you know what? People make bad calls in war all of the time. My Platoon Commander made a bad call that got 3 of our guys killed and about half the platoon injured, and he put his self up for a bronze star with combat V and was approved for it. Berghdahl showed remorse, and was a "gold mine" of intel for the CIA niggers debriefing him. At this point, it's over. He knows he massively fucked up. He will probably get murdered by some unhinged NEET that follows Drudge Report too closely and can't even bare arms legally to protect against this eventuality. Now let's never utter this turds name again and let history erase his shameful name.

Like fuck I'm gonna read all that. Learn to brevity fgt, pare it down to 3 sentences then try again.

I have a little sympathy in my heart. Bowe will live in torment for the rest of his life. We have given similar sympathies to those who lived for a long time in Best Korea who defected only to return later. It sucks for those who died, but the only thing he can do now is speak publicly against the things that he had done.

You are low int
There, did it

Honestly I agree

Booo. Cut his throat. Dumbcuck. The military has lost discipline. He is a cuck.

As a vet I agree with this.

USMC 0311 '07-'11; yut

I'm only cool with it because he probably has some kind of disorder. Unfortunately he can no longer get government assistance with said disorder, so he'll probably kill himself.

>will never get a job
like anyone outside the Israel Defense Force gives a fuck about him giving the middle finger to the kikes

Agreed

The modern US military is such a fucking joke that I don't blame anyone for wanting to leave at this point.

>one of the worst infamous for torturing and castrating that SEAL who fell off the Chinook during Operation Anaconda in 2002

Is that Neil Roberts you're referring to? I thought he fought on until they literally blew him up with an RPG? Or was that Chapman?

he should have been hung
same with the judge

Dishonorable discharge= Felony. Also, Hitler did nothing wrong

I know a guy who was a SEAL over there, real story is he was captured tortured and castrated that just made a better story for his grieving family/ the media

>Hitler did nothing wrong

Checked

Incorrect. He should have hung at Leavenworth you fucking fag

He should've been put in front of a firing squad. Men died looking for him. Then these men on the search had to sign NDAs. This isn't a fucking joke. He deserted and joined the opposition. He doesn't deserve to breath American air.

sieg heil

Objectively speaking, Trump fucked us on that. With his statements his defense would have been able to absolutely crucify the prosecution on an appeal, and likely would have given him additional grounds to sue for life long monetary compensation (they already had the record reflect that Berghdahl had a previously undiagnosed mental illness which should have precluded him from enlistment, hense the grounds for a financial compensation suit)
In 2009 if you left the wire for so much as water/ ammo you ran the chance of getting into a tic. Guys were out there looking for him, but they were also going out every single day on missions in the same area

Was this friend of yours at Roberts Ridge or did he hear it from somewhere else?

I'm certain they played down the details of his death for the public.

fpbp

I don't even remember which team he was with, but SEALS are a small community and their opsec is horrendous. Talk with most of them and this is the common consensus as to what happened

why do criminals lose gun rights?
doesn't the us constitution say their right can't be infringed?

His biggest mistake was volunteering for our ZOG military.

2nd amendment is basically a meme at this point, I live in a red state (SC) and we don't even allow open carry, and you need a permit for CC

spbp

>their opsec

I've heard this complaint from a lot of people who've claimed to have met SEALs. They say SEALs are a bunch of prima donnas, they're basically only wheeled out for operations for PR value, and that Delta Force are the real core of US Special Forces. Any truth to this?

Never worked with CAG (Delta) SEALS I worked with in Iraq got lost and needed my Marines to pick them up several times (kek). Think of it like this: to be a SEAL, you just need to pass one intense indoc (BUDS). To be CAG (Delta) you first need to make it from regular infantry into an airborne unit, from there not only pass Ranger school but get into an actual Ranger regiment. If you're hot shit (or just squared away with an afinity for languages) you can try out for SF, and the best of the best that make it into the Green Berrets get put into CAG

sweet larp. stolen favvalllloorrrr

>Retired Navy SEAL Chief Petty Officer James Hatch testified that he and his dog came under fire while looking for Bergdahl. He was shot in the leg, and his K-9 partner, Remco, was shot in the face and killed.

That son of a bitch should have been hung by the neck until dead. His cowardice led to the death of an American hero

fuck off berghdal i hope you get raped by muslims again

Also it depends on which state he resides whether a DD is equivalent to a felony

>appealing dishonorable discharge
>still has no remorse for what he's done
A punishment is supposed to teach a lesson. He doesn't seem like he's capable of learning. Execution is the answer desu senpai.

Okay dude, that little meme you have there is cute, but that dude is Guard/Reserve (going off his buddy's unit patch.) National Guard and Reserve have been soup sandwich quality since well before 2001. Active Army would throw that tub of lard out in a matter of months. That is clearly a weekend warrior who let himself get fat as shit then his Guard unit deployed him to make numbers.

I enlisted during the surge, and served for eight years. Believe me, I saw the quality of active duty soldiers decline as the wars went on because they were letting almost anyone in. Having said that... nothing like in that bullshit meme you posted. There were fatasses, sure, but they were medically discharged or chaptered.

I think everyone simply wanted this whole ordeal to be over with. Yes, servicemen died trying to find him or rescue him. But that's what they were supposed to do. He spent years as a prisoner of the Taliban. That's enough to say he "served" time. You could tell everyone wants to move on from this.

Anyone from any unit can get into Army SF if they make it past selection and can speak a second language.

Not denying your point though, most of the high speed dudes that make it into Delta are combat arms already. Not just necessarily infantry though. Just being a high speed enough grunt to get into Ranger batt and thrive is already being like a third of the way there.

looks like a typical senior navy enlisted

>Patiently waiting for the transition to female

He deserted during a time of war and and showed cowardice in the face of the enemy.

Marines got killed looking for this turd.

The only proper, and the legally permitted maximum punishment, would be execution by firing squad.